They come over here and they benefit
from everything that we’ve built!
就是这样!
不要那样看着我…
That’s right! Don’t look at me like that…
危机临头…
There’s a danger…
我们生活在危险的时代,伙计们
We are living in a dangerous time, brothers!
要是我们不打击他们
不抓住一切机会做点什么
If we don’t smack them down, if we don’t
do something, every chance we get,
他们就会统治我们!
then they’re gonna own us!
– 他们会让我们灭绝…
– 闭嘴!
-They’re gonna bring us out of existance…
-Shut up!
…我警告你!你听我说…
…I’m warning you! You listen to me…
我告诉你,这个男孩…
I’m telling you, this boy…
…把这个男孩送上法庭
我们抓住他了
…put this boy on trial, we got him.
我们抓住他了
We got him!
至少抓住一个!
That’s one at least!
我说我们抓住了他
在他们抓住我们之前
I say that we get him,
before his kind gets us!
我他妈才不管什么法律!
I don’t give a damn about the law!
为啥我要管,他们都不管!
Why should I? They don’t!
– 听着,我跟你们说…
– 我听够了!
-Now, I’m telling you…
-I’ve heard enough!
你别说了行不行!
Won’t you just stop all of this!
得啦,醒醒吧老兄!
我们能做点事的!
Come on, wake up man! We
can make a difference here!
坐下…
Sit down…
… 再不要张开你的脏嘴!
… and don’t open your filthy mouth again!
好了先生们
Alright jentlemen.
让我们继续
Let’s finish what we started.
你提出一些非常棒的观点
You have made some excellent points.
上一个是,你证明那个男孩不可能
做出那种向下的刺伤,很有说服力
The last one, in which you proved that the boy couldn’t have
made that kind of overhand stab wound was very persuasive.
可我还是相信男孩犯了谋杀罪
But I still believe the boy is guilty for the murder.
我有两点理由
I have two reasons.
第一,街对面那个女人提供的证据
她确实看见谋杀发生
One: The evidence given by the woman across
the street, who actually saw the murder commited.
… 以及如何发生… 据我所知
那是整个案件中最重要的证词
… and how… As far as I’m concerned that’s the
most important testimony in the whole case!
第二…
Two…
那个女人所描述的事实
她说她看见男孩胳膊举过头顶
The fact that the woman described the stabbing by
saying she saw the boy raise his arm over his head,
举过头顶,向上
over his head, right up,
然后把刀向下刺入他父亲的胸口
and plunge the knife down into his father’s chest.
她看见他干了!
She saw him do it!
以错误的握姿
The wrong way!
正确,绝对正确
That’s right, that’s absolutely right!
所以让我们谈谈这个女人…
So let’s talk about this woman for a minute here…
她说她那天晚上
大约11点上♥床♥,对
She said that she went to bed at
about 11 o’clock that night, yes.
她的床靠着窗户
Her bed was next to the window,
她躺着的时候可以向外看
直接看到街对面男孩的窗户
she could look out while lying down and see
directly into the boy’s window across the street.
她辗转反侧一个多小时
She tossed and turned for over an hour,
睡不着,最后…
unable to fall asleep. Finally…
…她转向窗户
…she turned towards the window,
在大概12点10分
at about 10 minutes after 12,
她向外看的时候
and as she looked out,
他透过轻轨列车的窗户看见了杀人
she saw the killing through the
windows of the passing el train.
她说,杀人之后灯马上就灭了
She says, the lights went out
immediately after the killing,
但她很清楚地看到
男孩刺杀他父亲的行为
but that she got a good look at the
boy in the act of stabbing his father.
知道吗,据我所知
这是无懈可击的证词!
You know, as far as I can see,
this is unshakeable testimony!
我就是这个意思
整个案件的基础!
That’s what I mean, it’s the whole case!
你怎么想?
What do you think?
你呢?
What about you?
呃…
Well…
… 我不知道,这…
… I don’t know, it’s…
有太多要考虑的事了…
我… 这事太复杂了…
There’s so many things to shift through… I… I…
This is pretty complicated business…
是吗?我看不出我们
如何能无罪开释
Really, I don’t see how we
can vote for an acquiter?
哦…
Well…
…只是很难把证据组织起来
…it’s just not easy to arrange
the evidence in order.
你可以把其它证据都扔掉
You can throw out all the other evidence!
那女人看见他干了
你还想要什么?
The woman saw him do it!
What else do you want?
哦… 也许…
Well… maybe…
我们表决吧
Let’s vote now.
好吧先生们,又有人请求表决了
Alright jentlemen, another vote is called for.
有人反对吗?
Anyone object?
我改变我的投票
我认为他有罪…
I’m changing my vote. I think he’s guilty…
还有人吗?
Anybody else?
你为什么要把这一个投票
视为个人的胜利?
What makes you consider this
one vote a personal triumph?
我是那种求胜心切的人
I’m the competitive type!
我觉得吧… 我们悬而未决
交给法官处理吧
Here’s what I think… I think we’re a
hung jury, let’s take it inside to the judge.
什么?
What?
– 你之前不想要悬而未决的…
– 我现在想了
-You didn’t want a hung jury before…
-Well, I do now!
我… 我不明白
I… I don’t understand that.
你不是认为那不道德吗
You thought it was immoral.
我现在不那样想了…
I don’t anymore…
这儿的人真♥他♥妈♥的顽固
People in here are so god damn stubborn!
我们永远完不了的
我们得耗一个礼拜
We’ll never get this done,
we’ll be here for a week!
我想听到辩论
I wanna hear an argument.
我说就悬而未决的陪审团…
I say we’re a hung jury…
哦,来呀
Well, come on!
你是反对派领袖,你说啊?
You’re the leader of the cause, what about it?
我们再仔细考虑一下
Let’s go over it again.
我们已经仔细考虑过了…
We went over it again…
这位J. 华尔特·汤普森(著名广♥告♥公♥司♥)
跳来跳去得像乒乓球一样
J. Walter Thomson over here has been
bouncing back and forth like a ping pong ball!
– 等等… 你不该叫我…
– 我道歉
-Wait a minute… You don’t have to call me…
-I apologise!
跪下来
On my knees!
算了吧…
Come on…
咱们别纠缠这个了,嗯?
Let’s get out from under this thing, eh?
好了好了…
Alright, alright…
也许我们可以讨论
该不该设定某种时限
Maybe we can talk about setting
some kind of a time limit.
– 几点了?
– 六点一刻
-What’s the time?
-Quarter after six.
六点一刻…
刚才有人说到七点
Quarter after six… Someone
before mentioned seven o’clock.
我想那是我们该讨论
悬而未决问题的时候了
I think that’s the point at which we might begin to discuss
the question about whether we are a hung jury, or not.
– 打扰
– 怎么了
-Excuse me!
-Yes.
你不舒服吗?
Don’t you feel well?
哦,我很好,非常感谢
Oh, I feel perfectly well, thank you very much.
我是说,7点将是…
I was saying, 7 o’clock would be…
我问你的原因是
你在揉你的鼻子…
The reason I asked was that
you were rubbing your nose…
抱歉打扰一下…
I’m sorry to interrupt…
…可是你的动作
…but you made a gesture,
让我想起一位证人…