sit according to numbers.
你对检察官印象如何?
What was your impression
of the prosecuting attorney?
你说什么?
I beg your pardon?
他将论点按逻辑顺序逐个抛出
我觉得那种方式很犀利
I thought it was very sharp the way he handled
all his points one by one, in logical sequence.
太聪明了,太精彩了
Takes a good brain for that,
I was very impressed.
没错,他干得很专业
Yes, he did an expert job.
这些家伙们有很大的动力
明白吗,真正的动力
They got a lot of drive these guys,
you know, real drive.
咱们言归正传吧!
Let’s get this show on the road!
您…您愿意坐下来吗?
You…you’d like to sit down?
窗户边的先生?
Jentleman at the window?
您愿意坐下来吗?
Would you like to sit down?
哦…好的,对不起
Oh…yeah, sorry!
很残忍♥,是吧?
It’s pretty tough, isn’t it?
我是说,那孩子杀了他爸
砰!…就像那样
I mean, the kid just kills his father,
bang…just like that!
如果你分♥析♥一下数据…
If you analyze the figures on the…
算了吧,什么数据?
Come on now, what figures?
我可是在谈论这些人
It’s those people I’m telling you.
听着,他们让这种小子逍遥于世
See, they just let the kids run
wild out there.
也许他们活该这样
你懂我的意思?
Maybe it serves’em right,
you know what I mean?
那位老先生在哪儿?
Where’s that elderly jentleman?
他在卫生间里
He’s in the bathroom.
请你敲一下门好吗?
Would you knock on the door please?
没问题
Sure.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是洋基队球迷吗?
You a Yankee fan?
不,密尔沃基队
No, Milwaukee.
密尔沃基,什么?开玩笑吧
Milwaukee? What, you kidding?
好像天天脑袋挨铁棍
It’s like getting hit on the head
with a crowbar once a day!
我是说,告诉我,他们有什么?
I mean, tell me, who they got?
说真的,我问你,他们有啥?
除了伟大的草地守护者?
Really, I’m asking you, who they got?
Besides great grasskeepers?
我们准备要开始了
We’d like to get started here.
哦,对不起
Oh, I’m sorry.
我不是有意让你们等的
I didn’t mean to keep you waiting.
没关系
Quite alright.
好了先生们
Alright jentlemen.
可以按你们喜欢的方式办
You can handle this any
way you’d like to.
我不定规矩
I have no rules.
我们可以先讨论再表决
那是一种方法
We can discuss it first and
then vote, that’s one way
或者我们可以先表决
看看各位的立场
or we can vote and then
see where we stand.
我就说这些…
That’s all I have to say…
按照惯例应该
先进行初步表决
I think it’s customary to
take a preliminary vote.
对啊,来吧,咱们表决!
Yeah, come on, let’s vote!
然后就可以回家了!
Then we can all go home!
你们说了算,就是别忘了
这是一级谋杀罪指控
It’s up to you, but let’s just remember
this is a first degree murder charge.
如果我们认定他有罪
他就可能被注射死刑
If we find him guilty, he
could die by lethal injection.
知道的,表决吧
Yeah, let’s vote.
对啊,看看各自的立场是什么
Yeah, let’s see who’s where!
有谁不想表决的?
Anyone who doesn’t wanna vote?
大家记住,必须是12票对0票
法律规定的
Let’s just remember that this is gotta be
twelve to nothing either way, that’s the law.
都准备好了?
Everyone ready?
投有罪票的请举手
All those voting guilty raise your hands.
十一票
Eleven.
投无罪票的请举手
All those voting not guilty.
一票
One.
十一票有罪一票无罪
Eleven-one guilty.
现在我们知道各自的立场了
Now we now where we stand.
哦,总是有一个不一样的,呃?
Well there’s always one, eh?
现在我们怎么办?
So what do we do now?
我想我们该…谈谈
I guess we…talk.
说实话,你真的
认为他是清白的?
Honestly, you really think he’s innocent?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我是说,咱们该理智一点
I mean, let’s be reasonable here.
你也坐在法庭里
我们大家听到的
You sat in the court room,
you heard everything.
你也都听到了,这个男人是个
危险的杀手,你能看出来的
The rest of us did. This man is a
dangerous killer, you could see it.
男人?他才18岁大
Man? He’s 18 years old.
他足够大了
He’s old enough!
他用刀杀了他自己的父亲
扎入胸口4英尺
He knifed his own father,
four inches into the chest.
非常清楚,第一天我就确信了
Pretty obvious. I was convinced
on the very first day.
当然了,谁不是呢?
Sure, who wasn’t?
我真的觉得这是
铁板钉钉的事儿
I really think this is one of
these open and shut things.
我是说,他们用十几种方法证明了
I mean, they proved it a
dozen different ways.
需要一一列举给你看吗?
Would you like to
list’em for you?
不不不…
No, no, no…
那你要干什么?
Then what DO you want?
我只想谈谈
I just wanna talk!
哦,有什么好谈的?
Well, what’s there to talk about?
这里有十一个人都赞成
Eleven men here agree.
我是说,除了你谁会琢磨这事?
I mean, who would have to
think twice about it except you?
嘿听着,我问你个问题
Hey look, let me ask
you a question.
你真的相信那个男孩的话吗?
Do you really believe
that boy’s story?
我不知道,我是不是相信他的话
也许我不相信
I don’t know if I believe his
story or not, maybe I don’t.
那你投无罪的票是为什么?
So then, why did you
vote not guilty for?
看啊,十一个人都投有罪
Look, eleven men voted guilty.
我只是发现这很不容易
举举手就让一个男孩坐一辈子牢
I just don’t find it easy to raise my hand
and send a boy to prison for life
甚至可能被处决
却不先讨论一下
or maybe even to be executed
without talking about it first.
谁说这对我来说容易了?
Who says it’s easy for me?
没人
Noone.
咋了,因为我投票太快了?
What, because I voted fast?
不是
No.
我真的相信那孩子有罪
I honestly think the kid’s guilty.
就算你谈上一百年
也不会改变我的想法
You couldn’t change my mind
if you talked a 100 years!
我不是想要改变你的想法
I’m not trying to
change your mind.
我们是在谈论一个人的生命
We’re talking about a person’s life here.
我们不能用五分钟就决定了
We can’t just decide in 5 minutes.
假如我们错了呢?
Suppose we’re wrong?
“假如我们错了”
假如整栋楼塌下来呢!
Suppose we’re wrong! Suppose
the whole building fell on my head!
你爱怎么假如都行
You could suppose anything you want.
没错
That’s right.
那么花多长时间又有什么重要?
So then what difference does
it make how long it takes?
要是我们真诚地相信那孩子有罪
假如用五分钟决定了,又能怎样?
If we honestly think the kid’s guilty,
suppose we finish in 5 minutes, so what?
假如我们花上一个小时
你的比赛八点钟才开始
Suppose we take an hour,
your game doesn’t start till 8 o’clock.