Man, look at it go…
知道吗,这让我想起…
You know, it reminds me of the…
… 三年前的城市锦标赛
… city championships three years ago.
好一场比赛啊
What a game!
比分扳平,21比21
那可能是有意造成的…
Score was tie, 21-21, it could’ve gone out of the way…
我们有个小伙子叫叶尔德
We had this young brother Yelder.
棒小伙子
Great kid.
沉默、恭敬、瘦长
Quiet, respectful, wiry,
可他能打得你屁滚尿流
but he could shake you out of your shoes!
没人能碰他
Nobody could touch him.
我是海湾边队的橄榄球教练
I’m the football coach over at Bay Side.
他的身边开始出现空当
These gaps he just started to have around him,
裁判说他们要求暂停只看他一个人
the refs said they requested
the game just to see him play.
他太荣耀了… 我是说… 我…
He was renowned… I mean… I…
我要围绕他建立整个队伍
I’d built the whole team around him.
我知道的更多,可是我…
I knew better, but I…
…我也爱那孩子
…but I loved the kid.
中场休息时我们出来..
We came out at half time and it..
… 已经开始下大雨了
… already began pouring.
在第四节时场地变成了泥浴!
Now, at the 4rth quarter the field was mud bath!
叶尔德,当然他等不及了
Yelder of course, he couldn’t get to sweating.
他在跑锋位,有个大个子后卫
扼住我们的咽喉… 赢了比赛
He sat scatback and there it was a big fullback that’s
rammed down our throats and… won the game.
可是,你知道…
But, you know…
我永远忘不了…
I’ll always remember…
比赛结束后的叶尔德…
Yelder after the game…
坐在长凳上…
sitting on the bench…
还穿着比赛服…
still in his uniform…
望着… 空中
staring off into… space.
他的… 心碎了!
His… broken heart!
你见过这么蠢的事吗?6比6!
Isn’t that the dumbest thing you ever saw?
6 to 6!
笑话!
It’s a joke!
我们该怎么办?
有办法打破僵局吗?
What are we gonna do about it?
Can we break it somehow?
啊,那儿有六个固执己见的傻瓜…
Yeah, well, six fools in there aren’t
gonna change their minds…
我看他们已经改变想法了
谁说不能让他们回心转意
I thought they already have changed their mind.
There’s no reason why they can’t be persuaded to do it again.
怎么可能?
And how?
只需要使用逻辑
Just by using logic!
啊,逻辑,呃?
Yeah, logic, eh?
你要听他的,他是
这间房♥里唯一的明白人
You listen to this man, he’s the
only one in the room who knows.
嘿,想听我的意见吗?
Hey, you want my opinion?
说吧
Go ahead.
我看我们应该退出
I think we should just quit.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
要我说,瞧瞧,那边六个人
I mean, come on, these six people in there,
突然之间他们好像
在执行什么任务似的
all of a sudden they act like it’s
some kind of mission or something.
我看算了吧,他们不会变了
直接去找法官,否则就得呆一晚
I mean, come on, they’re not gonna switch.
Let’s just go to the judge or we’ll be here all night.
告诉她我们陷入悬而未决
Let’s just go and tell her that we’re hung.
就跟她这么说!
To hell with this!
我还能做什么?
为了那种人♥渣♥… 把脑袋敲开吗?
What am I supposed to do?
Break my brain over some… scum like that?
你可是在法庭上宣过誓的!
You took an oath in the courtroom!
你不能退出!
You can’t just quit.
为什么?
Why not?
那不诚实!
It’s dishonest!
你为什么不干脆投无罪?
Why don’t you just vote not guilty?
不,我投有罪是因为
我认为他有罪!
No, I voted guilty cause I think he’s guilty!
– 可是你不关心他会怎样
– 不,为啥要关心?
-But you don’t care about what happens to him!
-No, why should I?
别说了!无论如何我们不该那样
Stop this! We’re not going
to get anywhere like this.
算了吧,他想要什么?
我给了他诚实的意见
I mean, come on, what does he want?
I gave him an honest opinion.
我知道
I know.
哦,我猜你没考虑过…
Oh, I suppose you don’t think much of it…
对,没想过
No, I don’t!
他算什么?那是什么意思?
How about him?
Is that something?
啊,悬而未决的陪审团
没有任何意义
Ah well, a hung jury doesn’t mean anything.
只是用另一个陪审团重新审判
Just have to start the trial again with another jury.
我们来不是为了那个…
That’s not what we’re here for…
他妈的有什么区别?
What the hell is the difference?
你只能得到悬而未决的陪审团了
A hung jury’s what you’re gonna get!
听着,跟你们说我怎么想的,好吧?
Alright, look! I’ll tell you what I think, alright?
我们在这儿是白费时间
We ain’t going nowhere in here!
我要马上去法庭宣布
悬而未决的陪审团
I’m ready to go into court right
now and declare a hung jury.
好啊,我也去
Yeah, I go for that too!
咱们交给法官吧,让这小子
去另外12个人那里碰运气
Come on, let’s take it to the judge.
Let this kid take his chances with 12 other guys.
法庭不会接受悬而未决
我们评议的时间还不够长
The court is not going to accept a hung jury.
We haven’t been here long enough.
哦,那就去试试看
Well, let’s find out!
我不同意
I’m not in favour of this.
这小子在另一个陪审团那里是
没有机会的,你们都知道的
Listen, this kid wouldn’t stand a chance
with another jury and you know it.
算了吧,我们悬而未决了…
Come on, we’re hung…
没有人会改变想法了
咱们交给法官吧
Nobody’s gonna change their opinion!
Let’s take it inside.
你仍然不认为有任何
合理怀疑的余地?
You still don’t think there’s any
room for reasonable doubt?
不,不相信
No, I don’t.
恕我直言,也许是你不懂
“合理怀疑”这个术语的含义
Pardon, maybe you do not fully
understand the term reasonable doubt.
哦,你凭什么说我不懂?
Oh, what do you mean I don’t understand?
你算什么那样说我?
Who the hell are you to talk to me like that?
你们看这个家伙,呃?
跟你们说吧…
How do you like this guy, eh?
I’m telling you…
他们都一个德行…
They’re all the same…
你来到这个国家过你的生活
You come over to this country
running for your life
还没等你喘口气,他们就
教我们怎么搞一场演出
and before you can take a big breath
he’s telling us how to run the show.
太自以为是了这家伙!
The arrogance of this guy!
– 哦,你说他自以为
就因为他没出生在这儿
– 请不要…
-Oh you call him arrogant cause he wasn’t born here.
-Please don’t…
好,我说你自以为是
因为你出生在这里,如何?
Well, I’m calling you arrogant
cause you were, how’s that?
– 嘿,小孩儿…
– 你凭什么管我叫小孩儿?
-Hey look, sonny…
-And who the hell are you calling sonny?
嘿,小孩儿!
Hey look, sonny!
这里没人有资格告诉我
什么词我懂什么词我不懂
Nobody around here’s gonna tell me what
words I understand and what words I don’t.
尤其是他!
Especially him!
否则我会敲掉他那颗
中东欧他妈的的脑袋!
Cause I’ll knock his middle eastern
European god damn head off!
好了,少说废话
Alright, cut the bullshit.
我们不会以悬而未决
的陪审团进去的
We’re not going in as a hung jury.
来吧,咱们回来工作
Come on, let’s get back to work.
我想讨论一个问题
如果先生们都愿意的话
I think there’s something I would like to
discuss, if it’s alright with you jentlemen.
检方提出的关键一点是那个男孩
An important point the prosecution
raised, was the fact that the boy,
说在谋杀发生期间
having said that he was at the movies,
他在电影院里