在波多黎各人的地盘可不安全 – 去舞会那儿
It ain’t safe in PR territory. – He’ll be at tonight’s gym dance.
可是体育馆是中立区 – 我会好好对他讲的
But the gym’s neutral territory. – A-Rab, I’m gonna make nice with him.
只是向他下战书 – 好吧 小老爹
I’m only gonna challenge him. – Right, daddy-o.
听着 大家盛装打扮
So listen, everybody dress up sweet and sharp.
10点时和我与东尼 在体育馆碰面
Meet Tony and me at the dance after 10:00, and walk tall!
我们永远抬头挺胸 – 我们是喷射机
We always walk tall! – We’re Jets!
最伟大的
The greatest!
当你是喷射机一员时 你是城里最亮眼的
∮When you’re a Jet ∮ ∮You’re the top cat in town ∮
你是载着皇冠的 – 金牌小子
∮You’re the gold-medal kid ∮ ∮With the heavyweight crown ∮
当你是喷射机一员时 – 你可以大摇大摆
∮When you’re a Jet ∮ ∮You’re the swinginest thing ∮
男孩 你是一个男人 男人 你是国王
∮Little boy you’re a man ∮ ∮Little man, you’re a king ∮
喷射机已上紧发条 整装待发
∮The Jets are in gear ∮ ∮Our cylinders are clickin’ ∮
鲨鱼帮将会片甲不留
∮The Sharks’ll steer clear ∮
因为波多黎各人都是胆小鬼
∮’Cause every Puerto Rican’s a lousy chicken ∮
喷射机来了 像地狱来的蝙蝠
∮Here come the Jets ∮ ∮Like a bat out of hell ∮
如果有人来挡路 他的日子不好过了
∮Someone gets in our way ∮ ∮Someone don’t feel so well ∮
喷射机来了 世界为之让路
∮Here come the Jets ∮ ∮Little world, step aside ∮
最好藏到地下 快逃 快藏起来
∮Better go underground ∮ ∮Better run, better hide ∮
我们画下了界限 所以好好地藏匿吧
∮We’re drawin’ the line ∮ ∮So keep your noses hidden ∮
我们挂起了招牌 “严禁访客”
∮We’re hangin’ a sign ∮ ∮Says ‘visitors forbidden’ ∮
我们不是开玩笑的
∮And we ain’t kiddin’ ∮
喷射机来了 我们要打败
∮Here come the Jets, yeah ∮ ∮And we’re gonna beat ∮
这整条街上的每一个帮派
∮Every last buggin’ gang ∮ ∮On the whole buggin’ street ∮
这条可爱的街上
∮On the whole buggin’ ∮ ∮Ever-lovin’ ∮ ∮Street ∮
Yeah!
东尼 你没在听我说话 – 我听得很清楚
Tony, you’re not even listenin’. – I read you loud and clear, Riff.
说点话嘛 – 我不想伤你感情
Then why don’t you say somethin’? – I don’t wanna hurt your feelings.
你是我最好的朋友 – 从生到死
You’re my buddy, my pal, my best friend! – Womb to tomb?
从生到死
Birth to earth.
所以你一定要和我一起去舞会 – 挺我一挺
That’s why you gotta come to the dance tonight and stand up with me.
东尼 答应我
Come on, Tony. Just say yes.
你有没有想过一瓶汽水里 – 有多少泡泡
Riff, did you ever stop to figure… how many bubbles there are in one bottle of this here soda pop?
东尼 这很重要 – 每件事都很重要 芮夫
Tony, this is important! Everything’s important, Riff…
你 我 我的达克
you, me, the sweet guy I work for.
鲨鱼帮不是好东西 很狠的
The Sharks walk bad. They bite hard.
如果现在不阻止他们- – – 来 为生活工作
And if we don’t stop them now… – Here! Work for a living.
觉得如何 多年来 我和好朋友的家人共住
How do you like that? Four and a half years I live with a buddy and his family.
我想我很了解他
I think I’m diggin’ a guy’s character.
我对你太失望了 – 你可以结束你的苦难
Boy, am I a victim of disappointment in you! End your sufferin’, little man.
你何不打包搬出去
Why don’t you just pack up your gear and move out?
因为你妈喜欢我
‘Cause your ma’s hot for me.
不 因为我不想 和我烦人的叔叔住
No! It’s ’cause I hate livin’ with my buggin’ uncle!
少来 – 叔叔
Come on! – Come on, uncle!
去吧 和喷射机去玩吧 – 为什么不 他们是最棒的
Now… go play games with the Jets. And why not? They’re the greatest.
不是吗
Ain’t they?
曾经是
Were.
“曾经是” 你找到更好的吗
You found somethin’ better?
没有 还没有 可是…
No. Not yet, but…
可是什么
But What?
你不会相信的 芮夫
You won’t dig it, Riff.
试试看
So try me.
东尼 试试我会不会相信
Come on, Tony, try me.
好吧
Okay.
上个月每天晚上我都醒来…
Every single night for the last month, I wake up…
我深深地被感动了
and I’m reaching out.
被什么 – 我不知道
For what? – I don’t know.
女人吗
A dame?
就在门前 就在转角的地方…
It’s right outside the door, just around the corner…
那个什么就要来了
but it’s comin’.
什么东西
What is?
我不知道 但那感觉就像 以前我是喷射机一员时一样
I don’t know. It… it’s like the kick I used to get from bein’ a Jet.
这么说就对了 不在帮派里 你就是个孤儿
Now you’re talkin’! Man, without a gang, you’re an orphan.
在帮派里 你是成群结队的
With a gang, you walk in twos, threes, fours…
当你的伴都是一流的 当你是喷射机一员时…
and your crew is the best… when you’re a Jet, you’re out in the sun, buddy boy…
你就像沐浴在太阳之下 回到家了
you’re home free home!
芮夫 我有过那样的感觉
Riff, I’ve had it!
东尼
Tony…
你看着我 – 我在看着你
Tony, look at me, will ya? – Come on, look at me. – I’m lookin’ at you.
我从来没向人开口 要求过什么 是吧
Now, I never asked the time of day from a clock, did I?
我从来没向人开口要求什么 我现在开口求你
I never asked nothin’ from nobody, but I’m askin’ you…
今晚来舞会
come to the dance tonight.
我答应达克打扫店里的 – 去了舞会再回去打扫
I promised Doc I’d clean up the store tonight. Then do it after the dance.
东尼 我已经告诉大家 你会到场的
Tony, I already told the guys you’d be there.
如果你不出现 大家会认为我很没用
If you don’t show, I’ll be marked lousy.
你告诉他们几点 – 10点
What time’d you tell ’em? 10:00.
东尼 为了我 为了芮夫
For me, Tony, for Riff!
就10点吧
10:00 it is. – Womb to tomb?
由生至死 – 由生至死 我会后悔这么做的
Birth to earth, and I’ll live to regret this.
也许你一直等待的东西 就在舞会上出现
Who knows? Maybe what you’re waitin’ for’ll be twitchin’ at the dance tonight.
是啊 谁知道呢
Yeah. Who knows?
谁知道呢
Who knows?
或许吧
∮Could be ∮
谁知道呢
∮Who knows? ∮
它很快就会出现的 我立刻就知道
∮There’s somethin’ due any day ∮ ∮I will know right away ∮
只要它一出现
∮Soon as it shows ∮
可能会像快速直球 由天而降
∮It may come cannonballin’ down through the sky ∮
眼中发亮 吱口玫瑰一般亮眼
∮Gleam in its eye, bright as a rose ∮
谁知道呢
∮Who knows? ∮
在抓不到的地方 在街边 在海滩
∮It’s only just out of reach ∮ ∮Down the block, on a beach ∮
在树下
∮Under a tree ∮
我感觉到奇蹟就要来临 就要实现 来到我身上
∮I got a feelin’ there’s a miracle due ∮ ∮Gonna come true, comin’ to me ∮
可能吗 可能的
∮Could it be? ∮ ∮Yes, it could ∮
来了 好事要来了 我等不及了
∮Something’s comin’, somethin’ good ∮ ∮If I can wait ∮
来了 我并不知道是什么
∮Something’s comin’ ∮ ∮I don’t know what it is ∮
但一定是很棒的
∮But it is gonna be great ∮
一拍即合 带来震撼
∮With a click ∮ ∮With a shock ∮
电♥话♥响了 有人敲门 打开门锁
∮Phone’ll jingle, door’ll knock ∮ ∮Open the latch ∮
来了 来了 不知道什么时候
∮Somethin’s comin’, don’t know when ∮
但是很快 摘下月亮 一手摘下
∮But it’s soon, catch the moon ∮ ∮One-handed catch ∮
就在街角了
∮Around the corner ∮
在河里轻唱
∮Or whistlin’ down the river ∮
来吧 送过来
∮Come on, deliver ∮
给我
∮To me ∮
会来吗 是的 是它了
∮Will it be? ∮ ∮Yes, it will ∮
也许只要能稳稳地在这儿 它就会来了
∮Maybe just by holdin’ still ∮ ∮It’ll be there ∮
来吧 你来吧
∮Come on, somethin’, come on in ∮
不要害羞 认识人
∮Don’t be shy meet a guy ∮
拉张椅子
∮Pull up a chair ∮
风在轻吟
∮The air is hummin’ ∮
好事就要来到了
∮And somethin’ great is comin’ ∮
谁知道呢
∮Who knows? ∮
在抓不到的地方 在街边 在海滩
∮It’s only just out of reach ∮ ∮Down the block, on a beach ∮
也许就在今夜
∮Maybe tonight ∮
也许就在今夜
∮Maybe tonight ∮
也许就在今夜
∮Maybe tonight ∮
求你 艾尼塔 你是我朋友 – 不要说了 玛丽亚
Por favor, Anita, you are my friend.
把领口开低一点 – 你不要再妨碍我
Stop it, Maria. – You must make the neck lower. And you must stop heckling me.
我们可是活在现在 不是老祖母时代
We are working on our time now, not the old lady’s.
一寸就好了 一寸又没有多少
One inch. How much can one little inch do?
太多了
Too much.
艾尼塔 这是件舞衣 不是祈祷袍
Anita, it is now to be a dress for dancing, no longer for praying!
听着 和那些男孩一起 由跳舞开始 结局是你得祈祷
Listen, with those boys, you can start in dancing and end up praying.
请你再往下一寸
Querida, one little inch.
伯纳多逼我答应他的 – 伯纳多
Bernardo made me promise! – Bernardo!
我已经来到这个国家一个月 碰到过任何新鲜事吗
One month have I been in this country. Do I ever even touch excitement?
在这里缝衣一整天 在家里枯坐一整夜
I sew in this place all day. I sit at home all night.
我哥哥到底带我来这儿干嘛
For what did my fine brother bring me here?
来嫁给奇诺 – 奇诺
To marry Chino. – Chino.
我看着奇诺时 什么感觉都没有 – 你期望会有什么感觉
When I look at Chino, nothing happens. – What do you expect to happen?
我不知道 某种感觉
I don’t know. Something.
你看着伯纳多时 有什么感觉