洛斯顿昨晚逃了
That Lieutenant Northerton escaped last night.
其他人追他去了
The rest of the company went in pursuit after him.
他们一分钱都没付
And they very conveniently left here without paying the bill.
他怎能逃走的
Well, how could he have escaped?
有人救他 一个叫沃特的女人
His doxy arrived, a trollop called Mrs. Waters.
卫兵失踪了 她放了他出来
The sentry had disappeared, and she let him out.
她很快就知道他是个怎样的男人
Shell soon learn what kind of a man he is.
他一无是处
Nothing is ever good enough for sparks like him.
但结♥帐♥是另一回事
But when it comes to paying the bill, that’s another matter.
别担心 太太 我来付帐
Don’t worry, madam. I will repay you handsomely.
象你这样的人
Ah, sir, a nice young gentleman like yourself
不应该和那群士兵混在一起
shouldn’t want to get mixed up with them rough soldiers.
不见了 – 什么不见了
It’s gone. – What’s gone?
我的500镑不见了
I had a £500 note in my breeches pocket, and its gone.
这不可能
That’s a likely story.
我有500镑 – 你根本就没有
I had £500. – You never had £500.
我昨天到的时候有的
One single note of £500 I had when I arrived here yesterday,
现在不见了
and its gone!
我就知道你们这种人
I should have known your kind when you walked in here.
有人夜里来过这房♥子
Somebody’s been in this room during the night
偷走了我的500镑
and taken £500 out of my breeches pocket!
你为什么不去找那些流氓 – 是你吗
Why don’t you join them rascals? – Was it you?
有人看见她在夜里拿走吗
Did you see her take it in the night?
有人偷了我的500英镑
Somebody took the £500 out of my breeches!
你这骗子
You lying rascal!
跟他们一样坏
Nor them cheating redcoat friends of yours neither.
拿上你的东西 快从这滚出去
Go on, take your things and get out of here quick!
快滚
Go on.
离开这 要不我就放狗了
I’ll set the dogs on you if you don’t hurry up!
你这无赖 去你的500镑
Ya blackguard! Robbers! The whole lot of you! You and your £500!
起来 乡巴佬
Wake up, you country stewpot!
你女儿 先生
Your daughter, sir!
当你睡在这时 你女儿逃跑了
While you’ve been a-lying a-bubbling here, your daughter is gone!
起来 别那么无知 迟钝
Rouse yourself from this pastoral torpor.
你女儿走了
Your daughter is gone!
什么
What?
快点 你这懒虫 往伦敦方向
Come on, you lazy lot, and take the London road.
快走
Come on, me Slouch.
快
Get up.
追上
Follow!
你们需要什么吗 女士
Are you wanting anything, madam?
我们累了 想休息一下
Were tired after a long journey and in need of some refreshment.
很荣幸 让我扶你下来
It’d be an honor to serve such a lady. Let me help you down.
顺便打听一下
Has, by any chance,
有没有一个叫琼斯的先生从这里经过
a young gentleman, a Mr. Jones, passed this way lately?
有 女士
Indeed he has, madam,
但我奇怪的是 你怎么打听他
and I’m surprised that a lady like you inquiring of the likes of him.
他是个小偷流氓
Brawling, thieving,
还一个劲地称赞他的女人威斯顿
and bragging about his mistress, one Miss Sophie Western.
苏菲·威斯顿
Sophie Western?
我一点都不吃惊
I’m not at all surprised, madam, after that Molly Seagrim.
但我就是
But I am the same Sophie Western.
那么 请你离开这里
Well, you can get out of here quick and take your trollop with you!
快点 走
Go on, get out of here. Follow your fine friends.
装模作样
Take your fine airs and graces somewhere else.
我这是正经的地方
This is a respectable house, I’ll have you know.
不欢迎你们这种人
We don’t want the likes of you here.
我们主人公的下一次历险 与一位女士有关
Our hero’s next adventure concerns a lady in circumstances
当时的情况 任何男士都会挺身相救
from which any gentleman would instinctively wish to free her
但很多伪君子
but of which any man who was not a gentleman
马上就想占便宜
might instantly want to take advantage.
不 不
No! No!
放开她 恶棍
Let her go, villain!
你这野兽
You savage!
都怪我
Sure, I’ve only myself to blame
相信这样一个男人 他根本不配
for putting my trust in a man so unworthy of my favors.
不 先生 我给你添麻烦了
No, indeed, sir. You’ve already had trouble enough.
我赤♥裸♥的身体让我忐忑不安
My nakedness might well make me ashamed,
要不是需要你保护 我会一个人走
and I’d go alone if it wasn’t for the need of your protection.
为了不让人打你的主意
Well, then in case any prying eyes should offend you,
我送你一程
I will walk ahead and escort you as far as U- Upton.
这样 汤姆和沃特女士
So Tom and Mrs. Waters, for so the lady was called.
开始了去阿普村的旅途
set out on the road to Lipton.
汤姆 象个胆小的孩子
Tom, like Orpheus leading Eurydice out of hell,
不敢回头看 他怕自己控制不住
hardly daring to look back in case the fires consumed him.
苏菲 苏菲·威斯顿
Sophie! Sophie Western!
苏菲 苏菲 表妹
Sophie! Cousin Sophie!
我是菲特帕萃克 – 我的表姐哈丽特
Look, ma’am, ’tis Mrs. Fitzpatrick. – My cousin Harriet?
是的 – 是她
The same. – Why, so it is.
表妹
Cousin!
哈丽特
Harriet!
你这是去干什么 – 我去伦敦
What are you doing here? – I’m on my way to London.
我也去 你们只有一匹马
That is my destination. But why are you both on one horse indeed?
哈丽特 我是从家里逃出来的
Oh, Harriet, I’m running away from home.
我也是 我是逃避我丈夫
And I, too, running away from my husband, Mr. Fitzpatrick,
我想 他正生我的气
who’s hot on my trail, I’m sure.
千万别嫁给一个爱尔兰人
Oh, never marry an Irishman,
特别是个爱吃醋的 脾气坏的
particularly if he is eaten up with jealousy, possessed of a quick temper,
身体强壮的蠢才
and a mighty fool into the bargain.
你去伦敦打算干什么
But, Cousin, what will you do alone in London?
我有个朋友
I have a friend.
他在古堡街给我找了间房♥
He has taken lodgings for me in Curzon Street.
表姐
Cousin.
他是个可爱的男人 文雅 高贵
He’s a dear, kind man and a peer of the realm.
我们可以住在一起
You can stay with me.
我可以 – 来
Oh, may I? – Come on.
但你朋友 – 这几天他外出了
But your friend. – Oh, he is away for a few days.
他回来了 我们再作安排
When he returns, we will make other arrangements.
上车 表妹 跟我说一下
Now get in, Cousin. Get in and tell me about yourself.
店主 来两间房♥
Landlady. Two rooms, please.
或许你能帮这女士找件衣服
And perhaps you’d be so good as to find this lady a gown.
她遇上了意外 有人抢走了她的衣服
She’s been involved in an accident and deprived of her clothes.
带我们去房♥间
Take us to our rooms at once.
你的猫去哪里了
Where’s your cat gone to?
无论我们对主人公们有多高的期望
Heroes, whatever high ideas we may have of them.
他们是凡人 不是圣人
are mortal riot divine.
我们都是上帝的的子民
We are all as God made us,
但我们中一些人可能更卑鄙
and nany of us much worse.
好了 好了 我来了
Oh, all right, all right. I’m coming.
我来了
I’m coming, I said!
我妻子在哪里 – 谁
Where’s me wife? – Who?
我妻子 菲特帕萃克太太
Me wife. Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
她在哪 我大老远来找他
Where is she? I’ve come a distance to catch her.
这儿没有这样一个太太 – 她肯定在这里
There’s no Mrs. Fitzpatrick here. – I know she’s here.
那个长着毒牙的妖妇在哪里
I know it. Where is that serpent-toothed siren?
谁在这
Ah, then…Look, who’s here, girl?
告诉我谁在这里
Tell me who’s here,
我将让你成为穷♥人♥中的富人
and I’ll make you the richest poor woman in the nation.
先生 只有一个叫琼斯的
Nay, sir, there’s only a gentleman, Mr. Jones.
有没有女的 – 有个叫沃特的女人跟他一起
No lady? – He has a Mrs. Waters with him.
沃特 肯定用了假名
Waters. I’ll bet she’s using a false name.
是吗
Aye?
这狡猾的婊♥子♥
That cunning wench.
想这样骗过我
By the waters of the Babylon, I shall lay me down.
我打赌 她一定在琼斯先生床上
I’ll bet she’s laying down beside Mr. Jones.
给我带路
Show me her room.
她在哪里 – 我马上带你去
Now, where is she? – I’ll show you in a minute.
那个婊♥子♥在哪里
Where is that place where she lies, that trough of desire?
在那边的尽头
Down the end there.
菲特帕萃克太太
Mrs. Fitzpatrick! Come on, Mrs. Fitzpatrick.