你怎么能嫁给一个无赖私生子
How can you think of disgracing your family
而令你的家庭蒙羞
by allying yourself to a…a bastard?
女士 你在逼我
Madam, you have extorted this from me.
我对琼斯的感情永不改变
Whatever were my thoughts of that poor, unhappy Mr. Jones,
直到带进坟墓里
I had intended to carry them to the grave.
我宁愿随你进坟墓
I would rather follow you to that grave
你这样令家庭名誉受损
than see you disgrace us by such a match.
嫁给他
Yes! Yes! Yes!
不行 我不会嫁给那白♥痴♥
No, no, no, no, no! I will not marry that idiot!
你是把我逼上绝路
To force me to do so would be to kill me!
那你去死吧
Then die and be damned.
该死的
Oh, damn me!
做个父亲真不容易
What a misery it is to have daughters,
狗和马就乖多了
when a man has a good mare and dogs.
汤姆 那个孩子敢拒绝嫁给普利菲尔
Tom, that pig- headed hussy dares to refuse to marry Mr. Blifil.
如果她不同意 我会来蛮的
I’ll turn her penniless out of doors if she doesn’t.
看你有多大能耐
Go to her, lad, and see what you can do.
苏菲 苏菲 苏菲
Sophie! Sophie! Sophie!
苏菲
Sophie!
苏菲 – 苏菲
Sophie! – Sophie!
苏菲
Sophie!
不 不 不
No! No! No, no! No! You get…Let me…
苏菲 – 弟弟
Sophie! – Brother!
弟弟 弟弟
Brother! Brother!
苏菲
Sophie!
苏菲
Sophie?
苏菲
Sophie.
苏菲 苏菲 嘘
Sophie, Sophie, shh.
答应我 别嫁给普利菲尔
My dearest, promise me you wont give yourself to Blifil.
别再提他的名字
Don’t say that name to me.
告诉我 告诉我想听到的
Tell me. Tell me I may hope.
汤姆 你得离开 – 苏菲 请不要
Tom, you, must go. – Sophie, please.
我不想你受到伤害
Or you’ll be destroyed.
真正令我恐惧的毁灭是失去你 苏菲
The only destruction I fear is the loss of my Sophie.
我不能离开你
I cannot part with you.
你明白了没有 你这乡巴佬
Can’t I make you understand, you country clot?
汤姆·琼斯
Tom Jones?
该死
Damnation!
他在哪 那个杂种在哪
Where is he? That parasite! That home-wrecker!
他在哪
Where is he?
在那边 那儿
There they are! There!

Ah!
汤姆 你必须走 快走
Tom, you must go. Quick, Tom, quick!
快点
Run, Tom, run!
汤姆
Tom!
我会教训你的
I’ll get thee, if I hang for it!
汤姆 快跑
Tom, run!
苏菲 苏菲 苏菲 – 快跑
Sophie, please! Sophie! – Run!
弟弟 别弄伤了她
Brother, don’t hurt her!
阿洛斯
You there! Allworthy!
你干得好事
A fine piece of work you’ve done.
到底什么事 先生
What can be the matter, Mr. Western?
我女儿爱上了你那个私生子
My daughter has fallen in love with your bastard.
都是你把他带大 他外表象个绅士
That’s what comes of trying to bring up a bastard like a gentleman
却经常寻花向柳
and let him go round visiting to nice folks houses.
我很遗憾 你说这样的话
I’m sorry to hear you say this.
这是你的可悲之处
A pox on your sorrow.
我失去了唯一的女儿
I’ve lost my only daughter,
那是我唯一的安慰
my poor Sophie, the joy of my heart.
我一直都没有想到
Little did I think when I loved him as a sportsman
这个杂种想追我女儿
that he was all the while a-poaching after my daughter.
你给了他太多的机会
I wish you had not given him so many opportunities with her.
他们在一起也没什么
What the devil did she have to do with him?
他同我一起打猎 不是追求她
He came a-hunting with me, not a-courting to her.
现在我们该怎样做
What are we to do, Mr. Western?
别让那流氓靠近我的家 直到我说服了她
Keep the rascal away from my house until I lock the wench up.
我会让她同普利菲尔结婚
I’ll make her marry Mr. Blifil here
这是我最想做的事
if its the last thing I do. Huh?
我将只有你这个女婿
I’ll have no other son-in-law but you.
好 小伙子 去追她
So go to her, you jolly dog you.
我保证她是你的
I tell you you shall have her.
如果我发现汤姆
And as for that son of a whore Jones,
和我女儿一起
if I catch him anywhere near my girl,
我将决不放过他
I’ll qualify him to run for the geldings plate.
快 快 走
Come on, me Slouch. Come on!
最好的骑手也不要贪杯
Even the best of horsemen should a void the bottle.
但那些清醒的人
However the forces of sobriety
千万百计不惜代价要搞垮汤姆
were gathering in all their strength against our hero.
我们要求你注意一下琼斯荒唐变♥态♥的行为
We draw your attention to the abominable behavior of Mr. Jones.
他是个堕落的怪物
He is a monster of depravity
他不应该呆在这里
and should be expelled from your house this instant.
我把她锁起来 你却放了她
You let her out of her room after I locked her in?
女人只能由理智说服 不是用暴♥力♥
Women are convinced by reason, not by force.
你是说我做错了
The English of which is, I am in the wrong.
她回到乡下以后
As soon as she came back to live with you, Brother,
才有了这样浪漫的爱情观
she imbibed these romantic notions.
你不会说是我教她的吧
You don’t imagine, do you, that I taught her this thing.
你这个无知的人
Your ignorance, Brother,
正如伟大的密顿所说的
as the great Milton says,
你让我失去了耐心
almost subdues my patience.
去你的 密顿
Damn Milton!
如果他对我对我说这个
If he had the impudence to be here and say it to my face,
我将揍他一顿
I’d lend him a flick.
他说脏话 酗酒
He was, according to the vulgar phrase, whistle- drunk.
在你生命处于极端危险的时候
On the very day of your utmost danger,
他在屋子里捣乱作乐
he filled the house with riot and debauchery.
甚至还打伤普利菲尔
And he even struck Master Blifil.
真的
How?
他真的敢打你吗
Did he dare strike you?
我已经原谅他了
Oh, Uncle, I’m sure I’ve forgiven him for that long ago.
但同一天晚上
But the same evening,
我们偶然看到他
we unluckily saw him…
同一个女的一起
with a girl…
这样的丑事 我都不想提起
in a manner not fit to be mentioned.
斯长姆先生上前斥责他
Mr. Thwackurn advanced to rebuke him
但这家伙却打他
when I’m sorry to say that he fell upon the worthy man
象只野兽一样
and beat him outrageously.
告诉我 孩子
Tell me, child.
你为什么讨厌普利菲尔
What objection can you have to the young gentleman?
我就是不喜欢他 我讨厌他
A very solid objection, in my opinion. I hate him.
并不是彼此相爱的人才结婚
Well, I have known many couples who have entirely disliked each other
但他们生活得很快乐
lead very comfortable, genteel lives.
我告诉你 女士 我不会嫁给一个我讨厌的人
Madam, I assure you, I shall never marry a man I detest.
我依然认为这个年轻人还不是无可救药
I still believe the young man to have a few redeeming graces.
你们对他的一些指责
Some of the crimes you accuse him of
是源于他对看林人一家错误的同情
really sprang from his mistaken compassion for the gamekeeper and his family.
同情 是性♥欲♥
Compassion, sir? Lust.
他所有的小聪明和所谓的慷慨大方
All his gifts, his so-called generosity,
只是讨好别人 让无辜者误入歧途
were merely bribes to debauch another innocent.
首先是可怜的莫丽
As you know, the unfortunate Molly.
苏菲将是下一个受害者
Miss Sophie Western will be the next to be undone.
我早就知道他的为人
All this I would have revealed long ago
但普利菲尔先生求我再给他一个机会
had not Master Blifil begged me to give him another chance.
把他找来
Send him to me.
汤姆 过去我对你太迁就了
Tom, I have forgiven you too often in the past
出于对你年轻无知的体谅
out of compassion for your youth
希望你能改正
and in hope of your improvement.
你必须永远离开我的房♥子
You must leave my house forever.
但是 我象教育自己孩子一样教育你
However, I have educated you like my own child
不会让你两手空空走出去
and would not turn you naked into this world.