dust to dust,
为了让生命有新生的机会
in sure and certain hope of the resurrection to eternal life
把她托付给你
through our Lord, Jesus Christ.
阿门 – 阿门
Amen. – Amen.
又去了一个
Well, there’s another one gone.
我很难过 – 谢谢
I’m so sorry. – Thank you.
别伤心 小伙子
Well, cheer up, lad.
她将加入天使的行列
She will be with the angels, my boy.
人的身体只是生命的投影
Our mortal forms are but shadows of a purer reality.
谢谢你的安慰
Thank you, sir, for your comforting words.
她是个了不起的女士
She was a great lady.
在你母亲去世前 她给了我一封信
Sir, some time before your mother died, she gave me a letter.
指示我在她下葬之后 交给阿洛斯先生
Her instructions were to hand it to Mr. Allworthy as she was buried.
把它给我 我交给舅舅
Hand it to me. I will give it to my uncle.
她说了 要交到阿洛斯先生手里
She expressly said into no hands but Mr. Allworthys.
道宁律师 如果我舅舅能活下来
Lawyer Dowling, if my uncle lives,
他会请个新的总管
he will need a new steward.
我想推荐你
I intend to recommend you.
你太好了 先生
You are most kind, sir.
嗯
Mmm.
别伤心 亲爱的外甥
Do not grieve, my dear nephew.
别伤心
Do not grieve.
你不能死 先生
Sir, you cannot die.
汤姆 人都有一死
Death comes to us all, Tom.
听一下我的遗愿
I have asked you here to tell you of my will.
外甥 普利菲尔 你继承我所有的财产
Nephew Blifil, I leave you heir to my whole estate,
但以下的除外
with these exceptions.
亲爱的汤姆
To you, my dear Tom,
我一年给你800磅的地♥产♥
I have given an estate of £800 a year,
和1000磅的现金
together with £1 000 in ready money.
我相信 孩子
I am convinced, my boy,
你足够善良和慷慨
that you have much goodness, generosity,
这是你的天性
and honor in your nature.
如果你能更谨慎 专心一点
If you will add prudence and religion to these,
你一定会幸福的
you must be happy.
1000磅给斯长姆先生
One thousand pounds I leave to you, Mr. Thwackum,
斯奎尔先生也有同样的一份
and a like sum to you, Mr. Square,
我相信 这会超出你们的要求和愿望
which I am convinced exceeds your desires as well as your wants.
至于我的仆人
As for my servants,
马乔里和简 1000 英镑
for Marjorie and Jane £100.
我的灵魂将赞美上帝 直到死亡
My soul shall praise the Lord even to death,
我的生命正驶向终点
and my life was drawing near to hell beneath.
阿洛斯先生活过来了
Mr. Allworthys recovered!
烧退了
It’s over! The fevers gone!
他康复了
He’s sitting up! He’s well again!
先生好了
The squire’s recovered!
好了
It’s over!
酒并不能改变一个人的性格
It’s not true that drink changes a man’s character.
只能让性格更暴露
It can reveal it more clearly.
阿洛斯的康复让汤姆欣喜若狂
The squire’s recovery bought joy to Tom.
但他的老师们很失望
to his tutors, sheer disappointment.
#Sing, thick Thwackum#
#Your bounty’s flow#
你有理由喝醉酒 你这杂种
You have good reason for your drunkenness, you beggarly bastard.
他对你娇生惯养
He provided well enough for you.
你认为这样的话会伤我的心
Do you think any such consideration could weigh with me?
去你的 斯长姆
Damn you, Thwackum.
你好大胆
How dare you sir!
我再喝一瓶
And damn me if I don’t open another bottle.
我为你唱歌♥一首自编的歌♥曲
I shall sing you a ballad which I have entitled,
“Sing, Thick Thwackurn, Thy Bounty Has Flown.”
#Sing, thick Thwackum, Thy bounty s flown#
#You’ve lost all the money, You thought that you’d own#
琼斯先生
Mr. Jones!
我亲爱的的母亲 刚刚在这房♥子里过世
This house is in mourning on account of the death of my dear mother.
啊
Ah!
原谅我
Oh, sir, forgive me.
阿洛斯先生的康复让我太兴奋了
The joy of Mr. Allworthys recovery…
我知道自己的生身父母是谁
I had the misfortune to know who my parents were.
因此 他们的辞世令我伤心
Consequently, I’m grieved by their loss.
你这个恶棍 敢污辱我
You rascal. Do you dare to insult me?
先生们 这样的行为有伤大体
Gentlemen, gentlemen, this behavior is most unseemly.
哦 – 哦 普利菲尔先生
Oh! – Oh, Master Blifil!
你这野兽
Master Blifil, that vulgar animal!
普利菲尔先生 – 把他赶出去 赶出去
Blifil! – Out with him! Out with him!
哦哈 我们一起出去
Oh-ho! Away we go outside!
我们去喝酒 – 把他赶出去 赶出去
Let’s have some wine! – Get out! Get him out! Go on! Get him out!
你们怎么敢这样待我
How dare you throw me out.
来吧
Come on.
让我们去轻松一下
Shall we take the evening air?
大家都认为过多的约会令人丧志
It’s widely held that too much wine will dull a man s desire.
确实会的
Indeed it will, in a dull man.
苏菲
Sophie.
苏菲
Sophie!
我在这树上刻上她的名字
I’ll carve her name on this tree.
树 你介意我刻上苏菲的名字吗
Tree, do you mind if I carve the name of my Sophia?
大写的S
Big S.
苏菲
Sophia.
苏菲 苏菲
Sophie, Sophie.
苏菲…莫丽
Soph…Molly.
莫丽
Molly.
莫丽 莫丽 莫丽 莫丽 莫丽
Molly, Molly, Molly, Molly, Molly.
莫丽的“M”
“M” for Molly.
你还想割我的喉咙
Are you aiming to slit my throat, Squire?
你想…
Would you like…
喝点酒
a sip of my wine?
我以前没喝过绅士的酒
I never had a sip of a gentleman’s wine before.
酒性很强
Oh, it’s very potent.
你笑什么 汤姆
What are you laughing at, Tom?
我想起了斯奎尔在你卧室的样子
I’m thinking of Square in your bedroorn!
对于觉得我们的主人公行为怪异的人来说
To those who find our heros behavior startling.
答案很简单
the answer is simple.
汤姆认为 有女人总比没女人好
Tom had always thought that any women was better than none.
而莫丽认为汤姆这样的男人很不错
while Molly never felt that one man was quite as good as two.
他正在搞那个荡♥妇♥
He has a wench?
荡♥妇♥ – 荡♥妇♥
A wench? – A wench?
让我们去找他们 – 好
Lets go and find the wicked girl. – Yes.
琼斯先生 琼斯先生 琼斯先生
Mr. Jones! Mr. Jones! Mr. Jones!
那是谁 – 琼斯先生
Who is that? – Mr. Jones!
你敢 – 斯长姆
How dare you? – Thwackie!
琼斯 冷静
Mr. Jones, control yourself.
你有失斯文
Your unclean habit is disgraceful!
琼斯
Oh, Mr. Jones.
走开 走开
Go away, sir! Go away, sir! Oh! Oh!
琼斯
Oh! Mr. Jones!
琼斯先生 琼斯先生
Mr. Jones! Mr. Jones!
万岁 加油
Hooray! Come on then!
你怎么敢 – 快
How dare you sir! – Come on!
接招 你这个邪恶的傻瓜
Take that, you wicked fool!
站住 别动
Halt, you there!
你这杂种 住手
Damnation to you! Stop it!
你们在干什么
Stop! What’s the matter with you?
你会受到诅咒
Damnation to you!
滚开
You over there! Ho, there!
三个打一个
Three falling onto one? Oh!
苏菲
Sophie!
姑娘 看一下汤姆
Come, lass. See to Tom.
他一定受伤了
He’s in a devilish pickle, I promise you.
汤姆 嘘
Tom. Shh.
可怜的汤姆 – 你…
Poor Tom. Shh. – What…What…You…
苏菲 亲爱的 – 嘘
Sophie dear. – Shh.
我去拿点水来
I’ll fetch you some water.
你们为什么打架
What are you brawling about, Tom?