Are you going to see your bastard hang?
与此相反 威斯顿先生
On the contrary, Mr. Western.
我们去救他
Were going to Newgate Jail to save him.
为什么救他
Save him? Save him for what?
这是阿洛斯先生对威斯顿先生说的话
And this is what Mr. Allworthy is saying to Mr. Western.
我朋友菲特帕萃克先生已经康复
My friend, Mr. Fitzpatrick, has now recovered
已经撤回对汤姆的指控
and is no longer charging Tom with robbery.
如果他是我儿子 我高兴都来不及
I couldn’t be more pleased if he were my own son,
可能你已经知道他不是我儿子
which it may surprise you to know he’s not.
阿洛斯先生的妹妹是汤姆的母亲
Mr. Allworthy’s own sister Bridget, who was Tom’s mother,
我只是将婴儿放到先生床上的人
and I, the one who put the baby in the squires bed.
以上是信的内容
And that is what it says in the letter.
现在 汤姆是我唯一的继承人
And so, Tom is now my only heir!
你没说错
Your heir? Did you say your heir?
对 邻居
Yes, neighbor.
快点去救他
To Newgate, Goody, and drive for dear life!
我向来喜欢这孩子
But I always loved that boy best.
他会娶到苏菲的
He shall have my Sophie by this hand.
我来了
Tyburn, here I come!
快走 快
Come on, me Slouch! Get on!
另外一个老熟人也露面了
And another old acquaintance has arrived.
现在他不在军队做事
not only reinstated in the army.
现在负责处决犯人
but now in charge of the condemned.
快马加鞭 快
For your life, Goody!Faster!
交钥匙
Turnkey!
我来救汤姆·琼斯先生
I have come to release a Mr. Tom Jones.
几个小时前 就押赴刑场了
We sent him off hours ago.
现在他该断气了
Hell be strung up by now.
但他是无罪的
But they can’t hang him.
他已经得到了赦免
But I have just procured this pardon for him.
你们不能处死无辜的人
They can’t hang an innocent man.
他们经常这样
They have done often enough before.
他们还没到泰伯恩
They won’t have reached Tyburn yet.
我们必须去阻止他们
We must stop them. Come.
#If he swing by the string#
#He will hear the bell ring#
#And then there’s an end to poor Tommy#
快 快
On your life, Goody! Faster!
汤姆先生 祝你走运
Better luck in the next world, Mr. Jones.
为事业而牺牲是罪恶
To die for a cause is a commen evil.
平白无故的死是神圣的
To die for nonsense is the devil.
如果汤姆死了
And two uld be the devils own nonsense
这将是魔鬼绝妙的讽刺
to leave Tom Jones without a rescuer.
哦 我亲爱的孩子 原谅我
Oh, my dear boy. Forgive me.
原谅你
Forgive you?
我怎样才能补偿你
How can I ever make amends for those unkind,
我过去对你太不公正了
unjust suspicions I have held of you?
你一向待我不薄 – 不 外甥
You have always used me kindly. – No, Nephew.
我一直对你很残忍♥ – 外甥
l have used you cruelly. – Nephew?
对 你真的是个私生子
Yes, you are indeed illegitimate,
但这位女士不是你母亲
but your mother was not this lady here,
是我的妹妹
but my sister Bridget.
舅舅
Uncle!
这是真的 汤姆
It is true, Tom.
现在不是解释的时候
Ah, this is no time for explanations, neighbor.
你现在是个王子
Tom, thou art as hearty a cock as any in the kingdorn.
去追我女儿
Go on, after your mistress.
我觉得自己对不起她
Alas, I fear I’ve sinned against her for all time.
可能她不会理我
I doubt if shell speak to me now.
汤姆 别说你失去了她
No, Tom, don’t say you have lost her yet.
现在去找她
Go to her now.
去 汤姆 – 去找她
Go on, Tom. – Go to her.
去 小伙子
Go on, lad.
我会的
I will!
亲吻她 小伙子
Ah, go to her lad, to her.
阿洛斯
Harkee, Allworthy.
我用1000磅的王冠做赌注
I’ll bet thee a thousand pounds to a crown
九个月后 我们会有个孙子
we’ll have a boy tomorrow nine months.
快乐的男女
Happy the man and happy he alone.
今天是他的节日
he who can call today his own.
他今天可以说
He who, secure within, can say.
管你明天怎样 因为我拥有今天
Tomorrow, do thy worst, for I have lived today.