等着 我会抓住你的
You wait till I get me hands on her.
打碎你每一块骨头
I’ll break every bone in her body.
明天见
Let us meet tomorrow.
我们想出个办法来缓解你的困境
We will find a way of easing your predicament.
好吧 明天
Well – Yes, tomorrow.
谢谢
Thank you.
对不起
I’m very sorry.
先生 别在意 我们没有仇恨
My dear sir, I hope there’s no ill blood remaining between us.
我记不起你的名字
Upon my soul, sir, I don’t remember your name.
但我记得这张脸 在阿普顿旅店
Nor I yours, but I remember your face from the inn at Upton.
你叫汤姆·琼斯
Upton. Then your name is Tom Jones?
是的 先生
Indeed it is, sir.
原来是你勾引我老婆
Then you have been with me wife after all.
你这恶棍
Well, there’s that for you, you rascal.
如果你不给我个合理的解释
And if you don’t give me satisfaction for that blow,
我就杀了你
I’ll give you another.
来啊 该死的
Fight, damn you!
对不起 先生 但这是你自找的
I’m sorry, sir, but you drew this on yourself.
你是个骗子 你想打劫这位先生
You’re a liar. You set on that gentleman to rob him.
我正从房♥子里出来
I was coming out of the house.
我必须自卫
Only to defend myself.
他自己凑上去的 – 靠边
He drew his sword on me! – Step back there.
出什么事了
What’s this all about?
他拔出剑来 你想让我站着不动
He drew his sword! What do you expect me to do?
让他来杀我
Stand there while he cuts me to pieces?
对 是暴♥力♥抢劫
Yes, for armed robbery.
你确信这杂种会被处以绞刑
And you are certain the bastard will be hanged?
毫无疑问 我雇了两个人监视汤姆
No doubt of it. I hired these two to follow Master Jones,
他们干得很起劲
which they did with rare zeal.
很好
Good.
别亏待他们
See that they’re properly taken care of, will you?
我去告诉我舅舅
I will break the news to my uncle.
琼斯先生有颗仁慈的心
Mr. Jones has one of the kindest hearts I know.
他总是感激你对他的教养
He never mentions your name but to praise it.
舅舅
Uncle.
我想告诉你一切事
I-I’m afraid to tell you what has happened.
可能会让你震惊 – 出什么事了
It may shock you too much. – What’s the matter, Nephew?
你的养子
Your adopted son, sir, Jones…
以事实表明 他是个恶棍
has proved himself to be one of the greatest villains on earth.
如果是别人这样说他
If anyone else had called him a villain,
我会把热茶泼在他的脸上
I would have thrown this boiling tea in his face.
米勒太太
Mrs. Miller!
我知道他有缺点
I know he’s not without faults,
但这只是年轻人的冲动
but they’re those of wildness and youth,
我相信有些人更坏
and I’m sure many of us have worse.
至少 我们不会拦路抢劫
At least we’re not in footpads, Mrs. Miller.
你说什么
What do you mean?
琼斯袭击一个人
Mr. Jones has attacked a man.
他将被处以绞刑
He has been sentenced to be hanged at Tyburn.
现在没人能救他
Nobody can save him now.
#If he swing by the string#
#He will hear the bell ring#
#And then there’s an end to poor Tommy#
#He must hang by the noose#
#For no hand will cut loose#
#The rope from the neck of poor Tommy#
#If he swings#
汤姆将被绞死
And Tom was to swing.
他的敌人对此信心十足
His enemies had determined on that.
所以 道林律师决定拜访菲茨帕特里克先生
So lawyer Dowling decided to pay a call on Mr.Fitzpatrick.
可是除了沃特斯太太 还会是谁接待他
and who should receive him but Mrs. Waters.
老实说
Strictly confidential.
我代表一个有声望的先生而来
I come from a most worthy gentleman,
他的名字我此时不会提起
whose name at the moment I am not at liberty to divulge.
这位神秘的先生找我♥干♥什么
What does this mysterious gentleman want of me?
他要你帮他让正义得到执行
He wants you to help him see that justice is done,
让琼斯罪有应得
to make sure that Jones gets his just desserts.
为了感谢你的帮助
For any assistance you can give him,
他愿意付钱
he is prepared to pay handsomely.
是谁
He is?
你们有兴趣 有什么计划
You interest me, sir. What is the proposition?
与此同时 忠诚的帕吉
Meanwhile, faithful Partridge searched for anyone
在找能证明汤姆无辜的人
who could prove Tom’s innocence of the charge against him.
警官
Constable.
有没有看到一个脸颊有疤的人
Have you seen a man with a big scar on his cheek?
没有
No, can’t say as I have.
但是 这街上所有的流氓都在那个小旅馆
But all the rogues in the district haunt that tavern yonder.
你可以陪我去吗
Will you accompany me?
我不想找麻烦 惹麻烦很容易
I don’t go searching for trouble, friend. It’s easy enough to come by.
对不起
Excuse me.
你们是不是那两个看见琼斯先生打架的人
Are you the two gentlemen that saw the fight with Mr. Jones?
如果你们不说出真♥相♥ 汤姆就死定了
Tom cannot escape the gallows unless you retract your evidence.
我求你们 同时我保证 我将给你们钱
I beg you to do so, and in the meantime I assure you you will be rewarded.
我们说的都是事实
Harkee, sir, everything we said was true.
你要是识趣的话 早点走开
Now, if I were you, I’d be off,
否则 你的下场很糟
or you’re gonna be the worse for it!
帕吉想 只有一个人能救汤姆
Only one hope was left now. poor Partridge thought.
菲特帕萃克
Fitzpatrick.
现在好点了 – 好的
Now, that’s better. – Aye.
你会好起来的
You’ll be all right in a minute.
请进
Come in.
抱歉打扰你 菲特帕萃克先生
Sorry for the intrusion, Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
你是帕吉先生吗
Well, if it isn’t Mr. Partridge.
珍妮·琼斯
Jenny Jones.
但现在 我是沃特斯女士
But I’m Mrs. Waters now.
你在这里干什么
Well, whatever are you doing here?
我是菲特帕萃克先生的好友
Well, I’m a close friend of Mr. Fitzpatrick.
我来照看他
I’m looking after him.
事实上 我来看菲特帕萃克先生
Well, indeed, I came to see Mr. Fitzpatrick
是为你的儿子求情
to plead for your son.
我的儿子
My son?
你的儿子 汤姆·琼斯
Your son, Tom Jones.
他不是有意弄伤菲特先生的
He never intended to wound Mr. Fitzpatrick.
是不是我在阿普顿旅馆遇到的那个人
But I met the man who wounded Mr. Fitzpatrick at Upton.
是同一个人 你的儿子 汤姆·琼斯
Then that is the same man, your son, Tom Jones.
和他的母亲
With his own mother? With Jenny Jones?
他们怎么会知道
How could either of them have known, sir?
上帝
Good heavens,
这真是邪恶与野蛮的后果
in what miserable distresses dovice and imprudence involve men.
沃特斯女士想见你 阿洛斯先生
Maam, there’s a Mrs. Waters here to see Mr. Allworthy.
她来干什么
What is she doing here?
这就是那位女士 先生
The very woman herself, sir.
或许你不认得我了
You probably don’t recognize me, sir.
你的确变了很多
Indeed, you are much changed, madam.
你来有什么事
But what business can you have with me now?
这事我只能对你说
Such business as I can impart only to you sir.
请离开一下
Pray, leave us.
我要跟你说的那个男人就是他
This, sir, is the very man I was telling you about.
但他是我的管家 – 就是这个男人
But he is my steward. – Nevertheless, this is the man.
你认识这位女士 – 先生
Do you know this lady? – That lady, sir?
道宁先生 如果珍惜我的帮助
Look you, Mr. Dowling, if you value my favor,
你不该犹豫 快回答我
you will not hesitate but answer me truly.
你认识这位女士
Do you know this lady?
我见过他
I have seen her, sir.
我妹妹死前
Before my sister died,
她有没有让你交给我一封信
did she give you a letter for me, sir?
跟我进来
Come with me, sir.
快去准备马车
Partridge, have my coach brought round at once.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
舅舅… – 先生…
Uncle, I have… – Harkee, sir.
在我回来之前 你最好找到那封
Before I return, you had better find the letter
你母亲给道宁先生的信
which your mother gave to Dowling here before she died.
日安 邻居
Ah, good day, neighbor.
你去看你的私生子被绞死