这将是全英国最美妙的婚姻
Ooh. Then, madam, I think it the best match in all England.
如果你喜欢她
Then if you like her, my lord,
你应该得到她
you shall have her.
欧丽 – 我家小姐的信
Honor! – A letter from my mistress, Mr. Jones.
在楼上
Upstairs?
欧丽 – 哦
Honor! – Oh!
这 – 你在干什么
Here. – What are you doing?
我要告诉小姐
I told my mistress she should…
藏在窗帘后边 别出声
Get behind the curtain. Don’t speak.
哦 – 嘘
Oh, oh! – Shh!
我亲爱的 迷人的帕拉松女士
My dear, charming Lady Bellaston.
亲爱的 迷人的
Dear? Charming?
你在躲我 我应该责怪你的
You’ve been avoiding me. I should scold you.
可是 可是我不想…
But…But I don’t think I intend to.
嘘 有位女士… – 女士
Shh! There is a lady… – A lady?
你有女人 她在哪里
One of your ladies, I suppose? Where is she?
我 我 我…
I- I- I…
有个女士在隔壁 快要死了
There is a lady in the next room a-dying, madam.
你和苏菲在背后搞什么鬼
What scheme have you and Sophie been plotting behind my back?
我不明白 – 回答我
Madam, I don’t understand. – Answer me one question only.
你有没有因她背叛我
Have you not betrayed my honor to her?
你是不是为了一个乡下女孩而忽视我
Am I neglected, slighted for a country girl, for an idiot?
忽视 – 嗯
Neglected, madam? – Hmm.
“我叫你别来打扰我”
“I charge you riot to think of visiting again.”
苏菲自暴自弃地写道
Sophie desperately wrote to Tom.
真♥相♥很快将被发现
The truth will certainly be disco vered.
有利的事或许会发生
Something favorable, perhaps,may happen.
在那之前 我们必须耐心
Until then, we must be patient.
勇气 我的朋友
Courage, mon vieux.
费拉姆先生 英勇的年轻人
Lord Fellarnar is one of the most gallant young fellows about town.
他很喜欢你 我只希望他能配得上你
Make love to you, indeed. I only wish he would.
你一直在拒绝
You would be mad to refuse him.
要不是我疯了
Then I shall most certainly be mad.
进来
Entrez.
女士 威斯顿小姐很不喜欢我
Madam, Miss Western is hardly encouraging.
亲爱的先生 你要采取点特别的措施
My dear lord, you certainly need a cordial.
特别的行动
Fie upon it.
有很多办法
Have more resolution.
你害怕强♥奸♥这个词吗
Are you frightened by the word rape?
所有女人都喜欢有勇气的男人
All women love a man of spirit.
想想沙宾妮女士的故事
Remember the story of the Sabine ladies.
生米煮成熟饭 她就成了个好太太
I believe they made tolerably good wives afterwards.
晚上九点来这里
Come this evening at 9:00.
我让她一个人在家
I will see she is alone.
亲爱的朋友 我又被这缠上了
Oh, my dear friend, I’m so entangled with this woman
我不知怎样摆脱她
that I don’t know how to extricate myself.
我有办法 向她提婚
I know. Propose marriage to her.
向帕拉松女士
To Lady Bellaston?
对 向她求婚 她就会放弃你
Aye, propose marriage to her, and shell call it off in a moment.
你一分钱也没有
You haven’t a penny,
她会认为 你在打她的钱的主意
and she’ll think you’re marrying her for her wealth.
以你现在的处境 这很容易让人相信
It’s very convincing for a man in your desperate situation.
要是她同意怎么办
But what if she should take me at my word?
那时我是自投罗网
Then I’m caught in my own trap.
我保证她不会的
I promise you she won’t.
她会拒绝你
She’ll be the one to break it off.
费拉姆先生
Lord Fellamar.
是我 小姐
Miss Western, it is I.
我想 我打扰你了
I fear I break in upon you abruptly.
对 我很惊讶
Indeed, my lord, I am a little surprised.
爱让我失去理智
Love… Love has deprived me of all reason.
先生 我听不懂你的话 也不理解你的行为
My lord, I neither understand your words nor your behavior.
最亲爱的 最神圣的
You’re the most adorable, most divine creature.
先生 我不想再听了
I do assure you, my lord, I shall not wait to hear any more of this.
如果我是世界的主宰 我也会拜倒在你的脚下
If I were master of the world, I would lay it at your feet.
先生 我求你住嘴
My lord, I beg you to stop.
松开我的手 我再也不想见你了
Let go my hand! I will never see you again.
那么 此时此刻我要好好享受一下
Then, madam, we must make the best use of this moment.
你说什么
What do you mean?
哦 强♥奸♥ 停下
Oh, rape! Stop!
我什么都不怕 只是不想失去你
I have no fear but of losing you, madam.
喔
Whoa.
她在哪里 快带我去
Where is she? Damn me if I wont unkennel her now.
父亲 – 你父亲
Oh, Father! – Your father?
对 你是什么东西
Yes. And who in hell are you?
我是费拉姆
I, sir, am Lord Fellamar,
我希望你能接受我这个女婿
and I am the happy man whom I hope you will accept as your son-in-law.
你这个婊♥子♥养♥的♥
You’re a son of a whore for all your fancy folderols.
我讨厌你这样说话 先生
I resent your tone, sir.
讨厌个屁 我会教训你的
Resent, me arse! I’ll teach you to father-in-law me.
父亲 放我下来
Father, put me down. Put me down.
亲爱的女士 我深思熟虑写下此信
“Dearest madam,” Tom had carefully written.
我特别担心你的声誉被毁了
“I am extremely concerned for fear your reputation should be exposed.
这是唯一的解救之道
There is only one way to secure it…
你我结婚 永远在一起
that you bestow on me the legal right to call you mine forever
汤姆.琼斯
Thomas Jones.”
打这主意
Understand this.
我再也不见他 要是他再来这里
I shall not receive Mr. Jones if he calls here again.
在伦敦 丑闻和情爱是人们议论的中心
In London, love and scandal are considered the best sweeteners of tea.
我不怀疑我的侄女将接受象费拉姆先生
I do not doubt that my niece will welcome the favors
这样的人的爱意
of a gentleman like Lord Fellamar.
普利菲尔是个讨厌的乡下人
This Blifil is a hideous kind of fellow.
乡下的男人都是这样
But as you know, Bell, all country gentlemen are.
我也明白了为什么苏菲对琼斯这样着迷
I don’t then wonder at Sophie’s infatuation for this Jones creature.
他还算一个不错的小伙子
He’s an agreeable fellow to look at.
威斯顿女士 你会相信
Miss Western, will you believe me
汤姆有这样放肆 以致跟我做♥爱♥
when I tell you that he has had the audacity to make love to me?
这些男人
Oh, these men.
即使是个王子 我也要拔掉他的眼珠
I would have torn the eyes out of a prince
如果要打我的主人
if he had attempted such freedoms with me.
他还厚颜无♥耻♥向我求婚
Indeed, he’s even gone so far as to propose marriage to me.
哦
Oh!
这是什么
What is it?
如果你同意 我会把这个给我侄女看
With your leave, Bell, I will show this to my niece.
任你处置
Apply it to what purpose you may please.
是苏菲的来信 – 好
It’s from my Sophie. – Good.
先生 她写道
Sir, she wrote.
我姑姑给我看了一封信
my aunt has just flow shown me a letter
是你写给帕拉松女士的
from you to Lady Bellaston
里面提到求婚一事
which contains a proposal of marriage.
我所希望的是 不再有人提到你的名字
All desire is that your name may nevermore be mentioned
你这个卑微的仆人
to your obliged humble servant.
苏菲·威斯顿
Sophie Western.
你可以找一下她表姐
You could try Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
或许她能帮上忙
She might be able to help.
主说 希望是糟糕的晚餐
‘Tis said that hope is a bad supper
却是丰盛的早餐
but makes a good breakfast.
早上 汤姆去找苏菲的表姐寻求帮助
And in the morning. Tom set off for Mrs. Fitzpatrick to seek help.
不久后
Not a moment too soon.
他仁慈的恩人乡绅阿洛斯也来到伦敦
for who should arrive but his old benefactor Squire Allworthy.
阿洛斯先生 真令人喜出望外
Mr. Allworthy, what an unexpected pleasure.
早上好 米勒太太
Good morning, Mrs. Miller.
你来宽恕这孩子
You have come to forgive him.
宽怒谁 – 琼斯先生
Forgive who, Mrs. Miller? – Dear Mr. Jones.
琼斯在这 女士
Mr. Jones here, madam?
不 我带普利菲尔来伦敦
No, I’ve come to bring my nephew, Mr. Blifil, to London.
她是最好的女人之一
She must be the most contemptible of women
但她不会原谅你的过失
who can overlook merit such as yours.
一个老熟人来了
An old acquaintance arrives.
这个婊♥子♥ 现在住哪里
I swear that dirty whores done it now!