一部了不起的电影
从前 在英国西部 有个叫阿洛斯的乡绅
在伦敦住了几个月后 他回到了家
他的姐姐 布丽姬特
他的仆人们
晚餐后
威尔金夫人
啊
一个婴儿
被人遗弃
他怎么会在这里
谁是母亲
珍妮·琼斯
谁是他你父亲
先生 我发过重誓不说出孩子父亲的名字
快去叫理发师帕吉
理发师帕吉 – 孩子的父亲
我等会儿再处理你们
你必须离开这个地方
至于这孩子…
我将抚养他成人
你给他取什么名字
汤姆·琼斯
大家对他的评论是 他将注定要上绞刑架
片名:汤姆·琼斯
我们的主人公迅速成长
Our hero grew apace.
一个乡村小伙子觉得树林比教室更有趣
a couritry lad far happier in the woods than in the study.
一个糟糕的主人公有很多弱点
A bad hero as may be, with many a weakness.
但如果不是亚当偷吃了圣树上的苹果
But then. if Adam hadn’t had such a weakness for apples,
就没有人来讲汤姆的故事
there would be nobody to tell Tom’s story at all,
故事的一部分
and a part of that story
讲的是汤姆在林子里的活动
tells of the sport Tom found in the woods.
嗨 汤姆
Oh, Tom.
你这发♥情♥的小狗
You wicked dog.
莫丽 你在这干什么
Molly. What are you doing here?
我听爸爸对妈妈说 你来了
I heard Father tell Mother you was coming.
在晚上出来打猎 真是好玩
It’s a good night to be abroad and looking for game.
哦 汤姆
Oh, Tom.
哦 汤姆
Oh, Tom.
照例 我们会忽略接下来的场景
It shall be our custom to leave such scenes
这些场景有违常规和礼仪
where taste, decorum and the censor dictate.
我们将以这样的方式为任性的主人公遮掩一下
In this way we shall try to make up for our incorrigible hero.
他离开了名声不好的莫丽
As soon as he had left the disreputable Molly.
他在做什么 跟她同样名声的父亲在一起
what did he do but Join her equally disreputable father,
布莱克·乔洁
Black George.
乡绅阿洛斯的看林人
gamekeeper to Squire Allworthy.
快来
Come on.
我发现他了
I hear ’em.
嘘
Psst!
快点 小伙子们 把它们赶出来
Come on, lads. We’ll smoke em out.
追上他 孩子
Fetch it! Fetch it, boy!
快 – 等一下
Come on. – Wait!
这是乡绅威斯顿的土地
That’s fallen on Squire Western’s ground.
我们跟上去
Well, let’s after it.
不 我曾因擅闯而受罚
No. I’ve been warned for trespassing.
那是我们打中的 别担心
It’s our bird. Don’t worry, Blackie.
回来 汤姆 – 过来 孩子
Come back, Tom! – Here, boy.
过来 孩子 很好
Here, boy. Here, boy. Good.
该死的 混♥蛋♥ 我会抓住你
All right, you devils! I’ll get you!
我要让你见红
I’ll have your blood!
我要你出去 – 快跑 布莱克
I’ll have you out! – Run, Blackie!
让我们为那老人的钱争取一下
Lets give the old man a run for his money.
哦 不
Oh, no!
好的 先生
Good sir…
回去
Home, lads.
下一次 他逃不了
I’ll get em another night.
我还以为你在林子里迷路了 – 我走近路
I thought I’d lost you in the woods. – Shortcut.
一不小心 我们会被抓住的 – 别担心
Well be caught one of these days. – Don’t worry.
你是对的 你没有家人照顾
It’s all right for you. You haven’t got a family to keep.
我会照顾你
I’ll look after you.
这
Here.
给你
Take this guinea.
晚安 布莱克
Good night, Blackie.
我们的主人公经常被布莱克一类的恶棍利用
Our hero, alas. was always being exploited by villains like Black Geoige.
因为在小偷的眼里 一个慷慨的人只是个傻瓜
For a generous man is merely a fool in the eyes of a thief.
一只羊 – 是的 先生 一整只羊
A sheep? – Aye. sir, an entire sheep.
一种肥胖的动物 够村子里的人吃一个星期
A fat animal, enough to feed a village for a week.
挂在他的房♥子上 象一个获胜的奖杯
Hanging up in his cottage as proud as a battle trophy.
这事非同小可 – 是重罪
This is a grave matter. – A hanging matter.
先生 我要为他说几句
Sir, if I may speak on his behalf, I’d like…
安静
Be silent.
你认罪吗
Are you guilty?
我认罪
I am… guilty.
饶了他这次 – 安静 先生
Sir, forgive him. – Be quiet, sir.
我必须主持正义
I have to do justice here.
你犯了死罪
You have committed a capital crime.
你将受到最严厉的惩罚
The laws have provided the most terrible penalty…
绞刑
to hang by your neck.
但你有孩子
But you have children.
因此 我只解雇你
For their sake, I shall only dismiss you my service.
愿上帝保佑你
And may God have mercy on you.
你太仁慈了 阿洛斯先生
You’re too lenient, Mr. Allworthy.
同情只是事物的一面 法律又是另一回事
Compassion is one thing, sir, but justice is another.
斯长姆和斯奎尔是汤姆的老师
Mr.Thwackum and Mr.Square were Tom’s tutors.
几年来 他们一直没有成功
Over the years they tried, with little success.
让汤姆成为一个有美德的绅士
to thrash into Tom a sense of virtue and religion.
好在他们还有一个学生
They had, however,a more apt pupil.
在汤姆被收养后
Soon after Tom had been found.
乡绅的妹妹和普利菲尔上尉陷入爱河
the squire’s sister Bridget, mariied a Captain Blifil
并有一个儿子
and they had a son.
这个年轻人与汤姆不同
This young man was quite different from Tom.
他聪明 谨慎 虔诚
He was sober discreet, and pious beyond his age.
附近的人都对你赞赏有加
and the whole neighborhood resounded in his praise.
你只教会了汤姆
You have only taught Tom to
去嘲笑那些正统美好的东西
laugh at whatever is decent and virtuous and right.
我教了他教义 – 斯长姆先生
I’ve taught him religion. – Mr. Thwackum.
“宗教”这个词含糊不清
The word “religion”is as vague and uncertain
同英语里的其他词一样
as any in the English language.
当我说到宗教 我是指基♥督♥教义
When I mention religion, I mean the Christian religion.
不仅指基♥督♥教 还包括新教
Not only the Christian religion, but the Protestant religion.
以及整个英国教会的思想
And not only the Protestant religion, but the Church of England.
汤姆证实了一个古老的传统
I fear that Tom is the ernbodirnent of the old truth
弃儿应该由教会收养
that foundlings should be left to the parish.
亲爱的老师
My dear tutors,
我认为你们都不能触动他私生子的心灵
I’m afraid neither of you can touch his bastard’s heart.
这也不对
Neither, indeed.
有一个人能
But there was another who could.
汤姆 – 嗯
Tom. – Mmm?
我要你帮我 – 怎么帮
I want you to help me. – How?
我要你帮我弄个差事
I want you to get me a post, Tom.
威斯顿太太将从法国归来 她想找一侍女
Miss Westerns come back from France and will be wanting a maid.
我会同她说的
I’ll speak to her.
你真好
Tom, you are kind to me.
威斯顿太太的侍女
Miss Westerns maid.
苏菲·威斯顿 威斯顿小姐
Sophie Western! Miss Western!
汤姆·琼斯
Why, Tom Jones!
我给你带来一只画眉鸟
I’ve brought you a thrush.
太好看了 你真好
It’s beautiful, Tom. How kind of you.
两年真够长
Two years is a long tirne.
他们教了你伦敦的礼仪
Did they teach you London ways
让你成为了一个优雅的女士
and make a great lady of you?
我大部分时间在法国 跟我姑妈在一起
Most of the time I was in France. My aunt took me there.
你喜欢法国 威斯顿小姐
Ooh- Ia! Did you like France, Miss Western?
[法语]
mais oui, monsieur. Je me suis trés bien amusee, merct.
好的 好的 – 你一点都没变
Bon, Bon. – You haven’t changed, Tom.
苏菲 你长大了 比以前更漂亮了
You’ve grown, Sophie. Grown rnore beautiful than ever.
它叫得真好听 我要将它唱歌♥
Doesn’t he sing beautifully? I shall teach him some new songs.
我怀疑英国的鸟能不能学会法国歌♥曲
I doubt if an English bird can learn French songs, Miss Western.
你看
You’ll see.
#Avignon#
#Sur le pont d’Avignon#
你父亲叫我们来吃晚饭
Your father asked us all to supper.
我早一点来 想让你帮一下莫丽
I came early to ask if you could help Molly,
布莱克的女儿