What’s wrong?
她的状况很不好
She’s taking on something awful.
是不是又和往常一样?
Why’s today different from any other day?
不 先生 今天的情况不一样
No, sir. It ain’t the same.
我这就来
I’ll be right there.
夫人 你并没做错什么
Miss Daisy, now there ain’t nothing wrong with you!
今天 可能你有些不舒服
Your mind done took a turn this morning.
或许休息一会儿就会好的了
You’ll snap back if you let yourself.
不行 不行
I can’t! I can’t!
你是个幸运的人
You’re a lucky old woman.
现在全都搞砸了 我却束手无策
No! It’s all a mess now, and I can’t do anything about it.
听着 你很富有 生活过得又幸福
Now look at you. You’re rich, you’re well for your time…
所有人梦想得到的 你都有了
You got folks who care about what happens to you.
我真是个麻烦 我不想给别人添麻烦
I’m being trouble. I don’t want to be trouble to anybody.
你要想回忆起以前的生活
You want something to cry about,
我可以开车送你到老家去
I’ll run you to the state home…
让你看看那里的景色
let you see what’s lying around out there.
这些事情现在跟你都没关系了
I bet there ain’t one of them carrying on the way you doing.
对不起 那些可怜的孩子们
I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Those poor children.
你冷静一会儿
You keep this up and
威尔顿先生 这就叫大夫来看你了
Mr. Werthan’s going to call that doctor on you.
就像你出生的时候
Just as sure as you’re born,
大夫把你从育婴房♥里抱出来一样
that doctor is going to have you out in that asylum.
难道你想要的就是这个吗?
Now, is that the way you want it to be?
霍克?- 是的
Hoke? – Yes.
你那辆”哈森”汽车还在吗?
Do you still have that Hudson?
你是说我刚来开的那一辆?
You talking about from when I first come here?
没了 夫人
No, Miss Daisy.
那车早已经进废车收♥购♥厂了
That thing been in the junkyard now more than 15 years.
我现在开的是你上次的那辆
I’m driving your next-to-last car now.
1965年出厂的凯迪拉克
1965 Cadillac.
它开起来还是那么顺手
It’s running fine as wine, too.
你现在也不该再开车了
You ought not to be driving anything, the way you see.
至少自己现在还是可以开车的
Now, how you know how I can see ‘less’n you can look out my eyes.
霍克 – 是的
Hoke. – Yes.
你是我最好的朋友
You’re my best friend.
不 夫人 – 不 是真的
Go on now, Miss Daisy. – No, really.
是真的
You are.
真的
You are.
是的
Yes, ma’am.
威尔顿先生 – 嘿 霍克 见到你真高兴
Mr. Werthan. – Well, Hoke, good to see you!
你不是开车来的 对吗?
You didn’t drive yourself here, are you?
是的 我现在已经不开车了
No, sir. I don’t drive now.
是我的孙女送我来的
My granddaughter drove me.
得了 她够年龄了吗?
My Lord, is she old enough to drive?
米歇尔已经37岁了
Michelle is around 37 years old now.
她在斯培曼学院教生物
She’s teaching biology at yonder Spelman College.
我怎么不知道?- 是真的
I never knew that. – Yes, sir.
妈妈还健在就把房♥子给卖♥♥了 真是让人见笑
Seems mighty funny to sell the house while Mama’s still alive.
是的 我也有同感
Yes, sir, I imagine it does.
也难怪 她已经快两年没出家门了
Course, she hasn’t been inside the door for two years.
我知道
I know.
我想你也很久没去看她了吧?
I suppose you don’t see her too much.
是的 先生
No, sir, I don’t.
没办法 我不能驾车了
It’s hard, not driving, Mr. Werthan.
而且也没有车到那儿去
There’s no bus that goes out yonder.
不过 方便的话 我还是会坐出租车去的
Course, I take a taxicab as often as I can.
她一定会很感激的
I’m sure she appreciates it.
有时候 她比任何人都好
Some days she’s better than others.
但偶尔 怎么说呢?
But, then, who ain’t?
你好
How are y’all doing?
感恩节快乐 妈妈
Happy Thanksgiving, Mama!
看我把谁带来了?
Look who I brought!
早啊 戴茜夫人
‘Morning, Miss Daisy.
你还在忙个不停吗?
You been keeping yourself busy?
是的 她现在在做珠宝
She certainly has. She goes to jewelry making.
一周做几次啊?
How many times a week?
她做过很多东西 有别针 手镯
She makes all kinds of things: Pins, bracelets…
她是无所不能
She’s a regular Tiffany’s.
这我相信
Ain’t that something?
好了 妈妈
All right, Mama?
霍克 改天你可以开快递车过来
Hoke, I thought of you the other day on the expressway.
我看中了一辆运奶的卡车 – 那能行吗?
I saw an Avondale milk truck. – Is that right?
那可是个大家伙一共有十六个车轮
A big monster of a thing. Must’ve had 16 wheels.
打住
Go on away from here.
我想你会喜欢开着这个过来的
I wondered how you might like driving that thing around.
是霍克想来看我的 而不是你
Hoke came to see me, not you.
她今天精神好像不错
Looks like one of her good days.
妈妈 弗萝琳祝你感恩节快乐
Mama, Florine said to wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
她现在在华盛顿
She’s in Washington, you know.
她现在是共和党的女议员了
She’s a Republican National Committeewoman now.
好啊
Good God!
波利 去和那些女护士说说话吧
Go charm the nurses!
她想和你一个人呆着
She wants you all to herself.
你还是那么损 妈妈
You’re a doodle, Mama.
波利现在还给你工钱吗?
Is Boolie paying you still?
每周都给
Every week.
多少钱?
How much?
这是我和他的事情
Now that’s between him and me.
狮子大开口
Highway robbery!
没错
It sure is.
是的
It sure is.
你还好吗?
How are you?
我还健在
I’m doing the best I can.
我也是
Me, too.
现在头脑还很清醒
Well, that’s about all there is to it then.
看这个
Look here.
你还没吃你的感恩节蛋糕呢
You didn’t eat your Thanksgiving pie.
吃吧
Go on now.
来 让我帮你
Here, let me help you. I got it.
味道怎么样?
Is it good?
再吃一点
Here comes some more.