I sure appreciate this. Thank you.
先生 你和别人讨价还价过吗?
You ever have folks fighting over you?
没有
No.
感觉真不错
It sure feels good.
一筒
One dot.
九筒
Nine dot.
二筒
Two dot.
听牌
Mah-jongg.
贝拉 你可真走运
You are the luckiest thing, Beulah!
请稍候
Excuse me.
我不明白你怎么能看懂这个?
I don’t know how you can look at that.
多看几遍 自然就能领会了
See it a few times, you get in it.
你们俩都快迷进去了
Both your brains are fixing to evaporate.
霍克 可以把蛋糕拿过来了
You can bring the cake now, Hoke.
别把这些豌豆弄乱了 埃迪拉
Don’t make a mess with those peas.
我会吗?
Do I ever?
天啊 看那个 她的头发怎么会那么多?
Lord, have mercy, look at that. Ain’t she got a lot of hair?
不知道她怎么弄得那么亮
How she get it so shiny?
用蛋黄洗呗
Washes it in mayonnaise.
别胡扯了 埃迪拉 – 是真的
Go on away from here, Idella! – Yes, she did.
我在”生活”杂♥志♥中看过
I read it in Life magazine.
那人太野蛮了 对吧?
Don’t seem human, does it?
他会把你撕碎的
He will tear you to shreds!
我不会进法庭 我也不会屈服的
I am not going into that court, and I’m not giving in!
跟你说 你没得选择了
You are at the end of your rope.
你把卡森杀了 就得为此付出代价
You murdered Carlson. You’ll have to pay!
要么接受这个建议 要么就上法庭去
Either choose the easy way out, or you go into that courtroom…
让他们把你切成几块
and let them carve you into pathetic little bits.
你还有几分钟考虑一下
You have a minute to make up your mind.
埃迪拉?
Idella?
埃迪拉?
Idella?
怎么样了?她走头无路了 对吗?
What happened? She up to something, ain’t she?
你都快把它煮焦了 – 你在说什么?
You fixing to ruin it. – What are you talking about?
你把鸡块放得太密了 火又太大
You got the chicken too close together and the fire is too high.
做你的事去吧
Mind your business.
好吧 这是你的鸡
It’s your chicken.
谢谢你 霍克
Thank you, Hoke.
您慢用吧
Now you enjoy it.
阿门
Amen.
是谁啊?
Who is it?
早啊 夫人
‘Morning, Miss Daisy.
怎么可能
What in the world…
我在牛奶厂干的时候 就学会在雪地里驾车了
I learned how to drive on ice when I delivered milk for the dairy.
这没什么
Ain’t nothing to it.
但那些不走运的就会撞到一块儿去
Other folks are banging into each other like they’re in the funny papers.
我猜你的炉子快没有煤了
I figured your stove was out,
经过商店的时候买♥♥了一些
so I stopped by the Krispy Kreme.
我知道你早上爱喝点咖啡
I know you got to have coffee in the morning.
你真是费心了 霍克
How sweet of you, Hoke.
自从埃迪拉过世后 我们就没有喝过好咖啡了
We ain’t had any good coffee around here since Idella passed.
她做的饼干我也会做
I can fix her biscuits.
她的炸鸡我们也可以做
We both can make her fried chicken.
但她做的咖啡却无人能比
But nobody can make Idella’s coffee.
确实如此
Ain’t that the truth?
埃迪拉是幸运的
Idella was lucky.
我想她是的
I expect she was.
你要去哪儿?
Where are you going?
我只是要把这些东西拿走
I’m just going to take these things off.
我想这种天你是做不了的了 还是在这儿陪我吧
I don’t know what you can do here today, except keep me company.
我看看能否去生个火
I’ll see if I can make us a fire.
想吃什么到冰箱里拿吧
Eat anything you want out of the ice box.
不然就坏掉了
It will all spoil, anyway.
还有把地上的脚印给我擦了
And wipe up what you tracked onto my floor.
你把我当什么了?邋遢王吗?
What do you think I am? A mess?
你好
Hello.
妈妈 路要是不滑的话
Mama, I’ll be right out…
我这就过去看你
when I can get down my own driveway.
你还是呆在家里吧 这儿有霍克陪我
Stay home, Boolie. Hoke is here with me.
他应付得过来吗?
How’d he manage that?
他很勤快 我很好 除此我不需要别的东西了
He’s very handy. I’m fine. I don’t need a thing in the world.
你好?我一定是打错了
Hello? I have the wrong number.
妈妈竟然会表露对霍克的爱意
Mama’s saying loving things about Hoke.
我没说我喜欢他 我只是说他很勤快
I didn’t say I love him. I said he was handy.
说真的 这大冷天的 你又要气我不成?
Honestly! Are you trying to irritate me in the middle of an ice storm?
谢谢你 威尔本
Thank you, Wellborn.
谢谢各位
Thank you all.
能被亚特兰大商会选为1966年度的成功人士
I am deeply grateful to be chosen as 1966 Man of the Year…
本人感到非常之荣幸
by the Atlanta Business Council.
这个荣耀 我想应该颁给那些更出色的小伙子
An honor I’ve seen bestowed on some mighty fine fellows.
我自己从未奢望得到这个荣誉
One which I never expected would come to me.
我想自己这儿的不断减少
I’m afraid that my loss up here…
还有这儿一天天的发福
and my gain down here…
使我看起来获得这奖项更实至名归一点
have given me an air of competence I don’t really possess.
但我想说 真希望我的父亲和祖父能看到这个
I will tell you that I wish my father and grandfather could see this.
大约72年前 他们在德卡路租了一间小的作坊
About 72 years ago, they leased an old mill up on Decatur Road…
那时 大概有25台织布机吧
with, I believe, 25 looms in operation.
他们是和亚特兰大共同发展起来的
They managed to grow with Atlanta.
威尔顿公♥司♥的宗旨是
Till now, Werthan Industries believed that
我们想要的 就是亚特兰大人们所想要的
what we want is what Atlanta wants.
这一奖项也正验证了这句话
And this award proves that we were right.
谢谢各位
I thank you.
好了吗?
Well?
怎么样了?为何去了那么久?
What is it? What took you so long?
我也无能为力了 前面堵得很厉害
I couldn’t help it. There’s a big mess up yonder.
怎么回事?这样我还用去教堂吗?
What’s the matter? I might as well not go to the temple at all!
是的 夫人 今天恐怕是去不了了
No, ma’am, you won’t get to the temple this morning, Miss Daisy.
为什么?今天到底是怎么了?
Why not? What’s the matter with you?
有人把教堂炸了
Somebody has bombed the temple.
什么?教堂被炸了?
What? Bombed the temple?
是的 这就是我们被堵在这儿的原因
That’s how come we’re stuck here so long.
真不敢相信
I don’t believe it!
是刚才那位警官说的
That’s what the policeman just said.
噢 天啊 当时有人在那儿吗?
Oh, my God. Was anybody there?
有人受伤了吗?
Were people hurt?
这我不知道 他没说
I don’t know. He didn’t say.
谁会做出这种事?
Who would do such a thing?
这你比我更清楚 夫人
You know good as me, Miss Daisy,
你一向都比我清楚
it’ll always be the same ones.
记得有一次我回梅肯的时候
I remember one time back down there in Macon.
那时我好像只有10或11岁左右
Lord, I couldn’t have been more than 10 or 11 years old, I reckon.
我有一个叫波特的朋友
I had this friend named Porter.
他的父亲被吊死了
One day there his daddy was, hanging in a tree.
事情发身的前一天 我们还一起给马上掌
Now just the day before, we’d all been pitching horseshoes.
他还有说有笑 说我和波特两个
He was laughing and carrying on and talking about how me and Porter…
也会变得很强壮的 就像他一样
was going to have strong right arms, just like him.
没想到 他自己却被吊死在了树上
Lord, there he was, hanging up yonder in the tree.
他的双手被反绑着 四周苍蝇乱飞
Had his hand tied behind him. Flies was all over him.
当时我就忍♥不住吐了
I tell you, I threw up right where I was standing.
你继续哭吧
You go on and cry.
我没哭
I’m not crying.
为何告诉我这个?
Why did you tell me that story?
这我也不知道 夫人
Lord, I don’t know, Miss Daisy.
刚才的那场面 让我想起了这个
That mess back there put me in mind of it.
荒谬 这和教堂的事根本就是两码事
Ridiculous! The temple has nothing to do with that!
你这样说 我也没办法
Yes, ma’am, if you say so.
也不知到底发生了什么事
We don’t know what happened.
那位警官也把实情给说出来
Maybe that policeman wasn’t telling the truth.
他用得着这样做吗?
Why would he go and lie about a thing like that?
你根本没把情况弄清楚
You never get things right!
夫人 有人把教堂炸了 你是知道的
Miss Daisy, somebody bombed that temple and you know it!
我不想再听人提起这件事