We’re out of coconut.
这个好办 亲爱的
I’m sure we can manage.
我告诉过她的 – 但你没有没有写下来
I told her. – But you didn’t write it down!
在圣诞节 我不想听那么多的借口
I don’t need to stand and listen to excuses on Christmas.
没有椰汁招呼客人 你去想办法吧
You figure out how to serve ambrosia to 50 people without coconut.
我不管了
I give up!
别担心 卡蒂 这又不是世界末日
Don’t worry, Katie Bell. It’s not quite the end of the world.
每户人都在给乔治亚州的电厂圣诞礼物呢
Everybody’s giving the Georgia Power Company a merry Christmas.
弗萝琳小姐一定把灯全挂满了
Bet Miss Florine beat them all,
尤其是她那间新屋子
especially with the new house.
荒谬
Absurd!
如果我是弗萝琳的话
If I had a nose like Florine,
是不会对别人说”圣诞快乐”的
I wouldn’t say, “Merry Christmas” to anybody.
我非常喜欢在他们家过圣诞节
I really do enjoy a Christmas at their house.
这我不奇怪 你是那儿唯一的基♥督♥徒
No wonder. You’re the only Christian in the place.
他们就喜欢新鲜事物
They got that new cook.
弗萝琳老是学不聪明
Florine never could keep help.
当然 这不关我的事
Of course, it’s none of my affair.
就只会搞些什么花♥园♥俱乐部
Too much running around: The Garden Club this…
还称什么年轻人联盟 好像是她的神一样
the Junior League that. As if they’d give her the time of day.
不受一点教训的话 她是不会死心的
She’d die before she’d fix a glass of iced tea for the Temple Sisterhood.
我可不希望她今年再唱那首歌♥了
I hope she doesn’t take it into her head to sing this year.
上帝啊 看看弗萝琳做的这些事
Lord, have mercy! Look what Miss Florine done.
要是她的祖父老弗雷泰看到的话
If her grandfather, old man Frietag, could see this…
你猜会怎么着?
What is it you say?
我猜他会从坟墓里蹦出来 拔光她的头发
I bet he’d jump out of his grave and snatch her baldheaded.
蹦出来拔光她的头发
Jump up and snatch her baldheaded.
夫人 你真会说笑
Oh, Miss Daisy, you go on away from here.
等等
Wait a minute.
这可不是圣诞礼物
This isn’t a Christmas present.
你知道我是不给圣诞礼物的
You know I don’t give Christmas presents.
只是今早碰巧找到的
I happened to run across it this morning.
好了 打开看看吧
Well, go on, open it.
看啊
Look at that.
以前从未有人给过我书
Ain’t nobody never gave me no book before.
“阅读写作入门”
“Zaner Method Writing.”
我以前就是教这个的 还留有几本
I always taught out of these. I saved a few.
有点褪色了 但还用得着
It’s faded, but it works.
如果能经常练习 你就能写字了
If you practice, you’ll write nicely.
但你必须得多练习
But you have to practice.
哈斯·菲尔德市长小的时候 我也是用这本书教他
I taught Mayor Hartsfield out of the same book.
真是太谢谢你了
I sure do thank you.
这可不是圣诞礼物
It’s not a Christmas present.
犹太人一向是不给圣诞礼物的
Jews have no business giving Christmas presents.
这事你也不必跟波利或者弗萝琳提起
You don’t have to go yapping about this to Boolie or Florine.
这只有你和我知道
This is between you and me.
圣诞快乐 妈妈
Merry Christmas, Mother Werthan.
真让我想吐
I hope I don’t spit up.
圣诞快乐 妈妈 霍克
Merry Christmas, Mama. Hoke.
她坚持要我买♥♥这辆
She fought me on this one…
但现在还不是时候
but it is time for a trade.
你一定很想要回以前那辆吧
I’ll bet you’ll miss the old one.
不 先生 我也不是太怀旧以前那辆
No, sir, I don’t expect I’ll miss it that much.
得了 你可是整天开着它到处跑的
Come on, you’re the only one who’s driven it all this time.
看见它被卖♥♥掉你就不难过?
Won’t you be a little sorry to see it go?
不会的 我把它买♥♥下来了
It ain’t going nowhere. I done bought it.
不可能
You didn’t.
是真的 协约已经跟米歇尔先生签好了
I sure did. Already made the deal with Mr. Red Mitchell.
多少钱?
How much?
这是我和他之间的事
That is for him and me to know.
嘿 波利
Hey, Boolie!
找到中意的了吗?
Got a gem here.
霍克 把协约拿来了吗?
Got that paper, Hoke?
我早拿来了
I got it right here.
这就来
Be right there.
为何不直接跟我母亲买♥♥?这样能省下不少钱
Why didn’t you buy it from Mama? You would’ve saved money.
不用了 你妈妈 已经帮我很大忙了
No, sir. Your mama is in my business enough as it is.
她教我学字 我还没有付学费给她呢
I ain’t studying about making monthly payments to her.
它是我心甘情愿买♥♥的
She is mine the regular way.
“哈森”汽车是辆好车
The Hudson’s a good car.
这没人比你更清楚了
Nobody knows that better than you.
最终的梦想得以实现了
Best that ever come off the line.
这一款新车 要是戴茜夫人不买♥♥的话
And this here new one, if Miss Daisy don’t take to it…
我会让她坐我那辆的
I’ll let her ride in this one.
你这人真好
Mighty nice of you.
只是尽一下本分而已
We do what we can.
差三分钟就快七点了
It is three after seven.
我知道 但你说的是七点三刻才出发的
Yes, ma’am. You said we were leaving at fifteen to eight.
我是说 最迟七点三刻
At the latest, I said.
你自己一人把这些东西搬出来干嘛?
What business you got dragging this mess out of the house by yourself?
那有谁来帮我啊?
Who was here to help me?
哦 我的上帝
Lord, have mercy!
把这些东西搬到车上花不了五分钟时间
It don’t take more than five minutes to load this car.
我们要是都走了 你准会把自己手脚摔坏的
You’re fixing to break your arms and your legs before we even leave the manor.
你做的够多的了
You’re taking on too much.
我不想到死的时候 才做去这些事
I hate doing things at the last minute.
你在说什么呢?你现在可是去度假
What you talking about? Been ready to go for a week and a half.
把那个给我吧 – 不 别碰这个
Give me that. – No, don’t touch that.
这真漂亮 是给华特先生的礼物吗?
It sure is pretty. Is that Mr. Walter’s present?
没错 它很容易碎 我还是放到车座上吧
Yes. It’s fragile. I’ll put it on the seat.
早啊 威尔顿先生
Good morning, Mr. Werthan.
我们差点就出发了
You nearly missed us.
你们又说七点三刻
You were leaving at quarter of.
她等不及了 – 别乱说
She’s taking on. – Be still!
这是弗萝琳给华特叔叔买♥♥的
Florine bought this for Uncle Walter.
可不再是蛇之类的东西了
Mama, it’s not a snake!
我猜可能是信纸之类的东西
I think it’s notepaper.
真是周到 你知道 华特叔叔是看不见东西的
How appropriate. Uncle Walter can’t see.
也可能是香皂吧
Maybe it’s soap.
能惦记着你叔叔的九十岁生日真是有心了
How nice that you take an interest in your uncle’s 90th birthday.
别再为难我了 妈妈
Don’t start up with me, Mama.
我不能和你一块去”摩拜”了
I can’t go to Mobile with you.
我还得赶去纽约参加一个会议
I have to go to New York for a convention.
会议星期一才开始
The convention starts Monday.
这些我都知道的
And I know what else I know.
这都得怪弗萝琳八个月前就定好了票
Leave Florine out of this. She ordered the tickets eight months ago.
你的生意比亲人还重要 这我知道
I’m sure My Fair Lady is more important than your relatives.
那些基♥督♥徒会记得这个的
Those Christians will be impressed.
你这样我没法跟你说了
I can’t talk to you when you’re like this.
我们要在”摩拜”吃晚餐 – 那就去吧
We’re expected in Mobile for supper. – You’ll be there.
真搞不懂你能忍♥她那么久?
How will you stand her all day?
又在发牢骚 真拿他们没办法
They’ll fix crab. All that trouble.
她只是有点激动而已
She’s just worked up.
这是五十美金 以防万一
Here’s $50 in case you have trouble.
别让妈妈瞧见了
Don’t show it to Mama!
带上地图了吗?- 这个她放在车后面了
Have you got a map? – She’s got it in the back seat.
已经七点十六分了
It’s 7:16!
你真该在电台那儿找份报时的工作
You should have a job on the radio announcing the time.
我只是想避开塞车而已 – 你会的
I want to miss rush hour. – You will.
替我向华特叔叔祝寿 还有向每个人问好
Congratulate Uncle Walter for me and kiss everybody in Mobile.
这车上的空调
The air conditioning…
你按我的吩咐检查过了吗?
did you check it, like I said?
这我已经检查过了
I got the air conditioning checked.
但我搞不懂 你从不叫我开它
I don’t know why. You never let me turn it on!
打住
Hush up!
再见了
Goodbye.
祝好运
Good luck!
感谢上帝
Good God!
向左转
Turn left.
不 向右 向右
No, right! Turn right!
我有跟你说过我第一次离开乔治亚州的事吗?