so I could become a teacher! We had nothing!
但你现在好多了
But you’re doing all right now.
你要干嘛?
What are you doing?
我要送你到商店去
I’m trying to drive you to the store!
一大早要到哪儿去呀 威尔顿太太?
Where are you off to this morning, Miss Werthan?
去买♥♥点东西
Just a little shopping.
走开
Go away!
以前我也拎过一大堆的东西挤在电车上
I’ve ridden the trolley with groceries plenty of times!
但我不能收了威尔顿先生的钱 却什么事也不做
But I can’t keep taking Mr. Werthan’s money for doing nothing.
他付了你多少钱?
How much does he pay you?
戴茜夫人 那是我和他之间的问题
Miss Daisy, that’s between him and me.
要是7美元一周的话 简直跟公路打劫没什么区别
Anything over $7 a week is highway robbery!
这你可说对了
You sure are right about that!
尤其是 我除了整天坐在沙发上
Especially since I don’t do nothing…
却什么都没做
but sit on a stool all day.
好吧
All right.
到威格丽商店
Piggly Wiggly…
然后回家 就这样
then home. Nowhere else.
我就喜欢新车的这种味道
Oh, I just love the smell of a new car.
你呢 夫人?
Don’t you, Miss Daisy?
我可没那么无聊 霍克
I am nobody’s fool, Hoke.
这我知道
I know!
我的丈夫教会我开车
My husband taught me to run a car.
现在我还记忆犹新
I remember everything he said.
所以你不要妄想
So don’t think even for a second you…
慢着 你超速了
Wait. You’re speeding.
我看得出来
I can see it!
我们现在的时速只是十九英里而已
We’re only going 19 miles an hour.
我喜欢在限速范围内驾车
I like to go under the speed limit.
可这儿的限定时速是35英里
But the speed limit is 35 here.
你开的越慢 油就越省
The slower you go the more gas you save.
这是我丈夫教的
My husband taught me that!
这就难办了 这样的话
Ain’t hardly moving. Might as well walk…
还不如走着去超♥市♥呢
to the Piggly Wiggly.
这是你的车吗?
Is this your car?

No.
你来付汽油费吗?
Do you pay for the gas?
不 – 那就行
No. – All right, then!
虽然我儿子认为我不中用了
My son thinks I’m losing my abilities…
但在这车里还是我说了算
but I am still in control of what goes on in my car!
你这是去哪儿?
Where are you going?
照你的吩咐 去超♥市♥
To the store, like you said.
那怎么没在海兰街拐角啊?
Why didn’t you turn on Highland?
威格丽超♥市♥不在海兰街
Piggly Wiggly ain’t on Highland.
这我知道 现在拐到海兰街去
I know where it is! Now take Highland Avenue.
那就得多走三个街区的路 – 现在就拐回去
That’s three blocks out of the way. – Go back this minute!
可我现在不能转弯 – 自打威格丽商店开张时
I can’t turn around now. – I’ve been driving to Piggly Wiggly…
我走的都是那条路 这条路不对
since it opened for business. This isn’t the way!
现在就拐回去
Go back this minute!
夫人 你听我说
Miss Daisy, look.
这就多走了一大段冤枉路 知道吗?
Yonder is the Piggly Wiggly. See?
就在那儿拐弯吧
Get ready to turn.
小心前面的那个小女孩
Careful. There’s a little girl.
我看到了
Yes, I see her.
就停在这儿吧
Pull in here.
等等
Wait a minute.
车钥匙给我 – 好的
Give me the keys.
在车旁边等着我 – 知道
Stay right here by the car.
不要跟别人提起我的事情 – 不会的
And don’t tell everyone my business.
威尔顿先生吗?
Mr. Werthan?
是的 是我 猜我现在在哪儿?
Yes, sir, it’s me! Guess where I’m at.
我送你的妈妈到商店了
I just drove your mama to the store!
她虽然发了些牢骚
You know, she flapped around some,
但没什么事 她现在在商店里
but she’s all right. She’s in the store.
哦 她从里面看到我在打电♥话♥了
Oh, Lord, she just looked out the window and seen me.
一会儿出来后 可又要发作了
She’ll probably throw a fit right there at the check-out counter.
是的 你说的没错 我只用了六天的时间
Yes, sir. You are right about that. It only took me six days.
和上帝创造世界用的时间一样
Same time it took the Lord to make the world.
好的 再见先生
Yes, sir. All right. ‘Bye.
嘿 伙计们 你们最近还好吗?
Hey, Oscar, Junior. How’re you old boys doing today?
那位夫人对你怎么样?
How’s the lady been treating you?
告诉你们吧 她的脾气可大了
I’ll tell you one thing: She knows how to throw a fit.
什么那么好笑?
What’s so funny?
没什么 夫人 我们只是有些失态
Nothing, Miss Daisy. We just carrying on.
他们两个在这儿打扫了十五年了
Oscar and Junior been doing cleaning here for 15 years.
从来没失态过
Never carried on before!
你出去 – 好的
Leave them alone. – Yes, ma’am.
把大衣穿上 我们要迟了 – 我这就来
Put your coat on. We’re late. – I’ll be right there.
埃迪拉 我走了
Idella, I’m going now.
有我陪着她呢
I’m right behind her.
我们的上帝 这唯一的救世主
Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
真不错 他的布道简短而精彩 对吗?
Such a nice man. And such a good, short sermon, wasn’t it?
我能自己来
I can get myself in!
快离开这儿
Hurry out of here!
怎么了 夫人?- 没什么
Is something wrong, Miss Daisy? – No.
我有做错什么了吗?- 没有
Something I’ve done? – No.
是的
Yes.
我没做什么事啊
I ain’t done anything.
你把车停在教堂外面
You parked the car right in front of the temple,
就像迎接罗马尼亚女王一样
like I was the Queen of Romania.
在场的人都看见了
Everybody saw you!
都跟你说在后面等着我
I said to wait for me in the back.
这我知道 但是我是想
Yes, ma’am, but I was just trying to…
但我后面有两辆车挡住了
There were two chauffeurs right behind me.
你让我看起来就像个傻瓜一样 大傻瓜
You made me look like a fool. A g.d. Fool!
夫人 上帝知道你不傻不就行了?
Oh, Miss Daisy, Lord knows you ain’t a fool!
慢一点
Slow down!
米丽安和贝拉她们俩不知会在背后怎么议论我
Miriam and Beulah, I could see what they were thinking when we came out.
议论什么?
What’s that?
我在装有钱人
That I was pretending to be rich!
你是很有钱 – 我才不是呢
You is rich. – No, I’m not!
从没有人说过我在故意炫耀
Nobody can say I put on airs.
在弗西街的时候 我们吃的也是清汤粗面
On Forsyth Street we made many meals out of grits and gravy.
那种日子过得还少啊
I have done without plenty of times.
戴茜夫人 要是我像你这样有钱的话
Miss Daisy, if I was to ever get my hands on what you got…
我会向所有人都炫耀的
shoot, I’d shake it around for everyone in the world to see.
粗俗 别跟我说这个
That is vulgar! Don’t talk to me!
你们这些白人真让人搞不懂
Never gonna understand some white folks.
说什么呢?我可听见了
What was that? I heard that!
戴茜夫人 你需要一个司机
Now, Miss Daisy, you need a chauffeur…
而我 需要一份工作
and, Lord knows, I need a job.
所以我们就此打住好吗?
So why don’t we just leave it at that?
你好
Hello.
早啊 妈妈 怎么了?
Good morning, Mama. What’s the matter?
不是的 我并没埋怨你 又发生了什么事
No, I don’t always think something’s wrong when you call.
只是你那么早打电♥话♥来
Just when you call so early.
什么?
What?
好的 我这就赶过来
All right. I’ll be there as soon as I can.
我最好过去一趟
I better get on over there.

‘Bye.
别这样 亲爱的
Come on.
一大早的赶过去对身子不好
It’s not healthy to rush like this.
我吃得够多的了
I eat too much, anyway.
而且 她好像真的需要我
Besides, it sounds like she needs me.
哪回不是这样?替我向母亲问声好
When doesn’t it? Give Mother Werthan my love.
咖啡 卡蒂
Coffee, Katie Bell!
我可不想你又出什么事了
I didn’t expect to find you in one piece.
他来的时候 我想你最好在这儿
I wanted you to be here when he comes.
我想让你亲自听一下
I wanted you to hear it for yourself.
怎么了?
What is going on?
他偷了我的东西