我去市场了
I’m going to the market, Idella.
知道了 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
佩索顿新产品 使你的牙齿更加洁白靓丽
Pepsodent’s new improved formula cleans teeth whiter than ever.
你没事吧 戴茜夫人
Are you all right, Miss Daisy?
片名:为戴茜小姐开车
行了
That’s good!
你们俩回去工作
You two get back to work.
好的
Yes, ma’am.
妈妈 – 不
Mama. – No.
妈妈 – 不
Mama? – No!
你没进医院或殡仪馆 已经算是万幸了
It’s a miracle you’re not lying at Emory Hospital or at the funeral parlor.
今年夏天的黄瓜真不错
Cucumbers are pretty this summer.
你也该换副眼镜了
You didn’t even break your glasses.
这全是车子的毛病
It was the car’s fault!
是你换错了档 – 我没有
You had the car in the wrong gear. – I did not!
埃迪拉 午餐时想吃泡菜吗?
Idella, want a pickle with lunch?
我可不吃
Not me.
那我装一瓶 让你带回家给威廉
I’m putting up a jar for you to take home to William.
好的
Yes, ma’am.
你把车都开到波莱克的院子里了
You backed the car into the Pollacks’ yard.
要是换成以前那辆”莱斯利”
You should have let me keep my LaSalle.
决不会发生这事
It wouldn’t have behaved this way. And you know it.
妈妈 问题不出在车子上 而是人的问题
Mama, cars don’t behave. They are behaved upon.
是你自己把那辆克莱斯勒搞坏的
You demolished that Chrysler by yourself.
随你怎么想 我自己清楚
Think what you want. I know the truth.
事实就是你刚花掉了保险公♥司♥的2千7百美元
The truth is you just cost the insurance company $2,700.
作你的担♥保♥人真够受的
You’re a terrible risk.
现在没人会让你投保了
Nobody will issue you a policy now.
这样不是正合你意?
You’re just saying that to be hateful.
好的 我承认 这都是我的错
Okay. Yes, I am. I am making it all up.
往外面看看
Look out on the driveway!
美国所有的保险公♥司♥
Every insurance company in America is out there…
都等着拉你去跟他们签保险呢
waving their pens trying to get you to sign up.
这种风凉话别在我的厨房♥里说
If you’re going to stand in my pantry and lie like a rug,
要说到外面说去
go somewhere else.
好的
Okay.
我还是回公♥司♥吧
I better get back to the office.
今晚回家又晚的话 弗萝琳又要发牢骚了
Florine will have a fit if I don’t get home on time tonight.
你们今晚有应酬吗?
You all must have plans tonight.
要去安什莉家里赴宴
The Ansleys’ dinner party.
这种事她最积极了
This is her idea of heaven on earth.
什么
What?
参加教会的活动啊
Socializing with Episcopalians.
你说话真损 妈妈
You are a doodle, Mama!
我明晚再来吧
I’ll stop by tomorrow evening.
你怎么知道我一定在呢?
How do you know I’ll be here?
我可不想干等着你忙完公♥司♥的事情
I’m not dependent on you for company.
好吧 我先打电♥话♥来
Fine, I’ll call first.
但要知道 我们还有一些重要的话要说
But you know, we have got some real serious talking to do.

No!
妈妈
Mama.
要知道 我半个小时后要去购物
I need you now. I have to be at the beauty shop in half an hour.
是的 我当然不知道你们这里
No, I most certainly did not know
还得提前两小时打电♥话♥预定
you had to call a minimum of two hours ahead.
没有出租车 你们还称自己是出租车公♥司♥?
Why call yourself a taxicab company if you can’t provide taxicabs?
为什么不打给你的儿子?他会派人来接你的
Why don’t you call your son? He’d send someone to carry you.
这没必要
That won’t be necessary.
我要取消我的约会去做头发去
I’ll cancel the appointment and fix my own hair.
有时我都不知道你在想什么
Sometimes I think you ain’t got the sense God gave a lemon.
二筒 正好
Two dots. I want that!
一条龙
And a five bamboo.
今天真是不宜打麻将
Well, this is not my day for mah-jongg.
九万
Nine bam!
谢谢你们今天能来
Thank you all for coming here again.
我现在是没有车的下层人士了
I am a real pariah without my car.
哦 别废话了 – 三万
Oh, nonsense! – Three bam.
为什么不再买♥♥一辆?
When do you get the new one?
不知道 波利最反对我开车的了
I don’t know! Boolie’s being real pokey about it.
那我明天跟你一起去教堂
I’ll come after you for temple tomorrow.
太好了 亲爱的
That’s sweet of you, honey.
妈妈 你在吗?
Mama, you there?
是我们
It’s just us!
为什么不事先打个电♥话♥?
Why didn’t you call?
我们一会儿就走
We can’t stay.
我又没猜错
So I gather.
米勒一家邀请我们去郊游
The Millers are giving a hayride.
这些是我设计的 你的儿子看起来可爱吗?
I had these made. Doesn’t your baby look cute?
正好与我想的相反
Well, it’s not exactly the word I’d pick.
这书是《格拉翰姆新传》吗?我一早就想读了
New Graham Greene? I been wanting to read that.
不行 明天就到期了
Sorry, but it’s due back at the library tomorrow.
要我们帮你换吗?- 不了
Want me to return it for you? – No, thank you.
我坐电车去图书馆就行
I’ll go to the library on the streetcar.
够了 妈妈 别再固执了 你应该很清楚…
Damn it, Mama! Quit being so stubborn. You know perfectly well…
走吧 发动机还开着呢
Go on! Don’t keep the horses waiting.
再见
‘Bye!
是那门在漏电吗?
Is that door making contact?
奥斯卡
Oscar?
我在这儿
I’m here.
你没事吧?- 不 我被卡住了
Are you all right? – No, sir, I’m stuck.
我知道 动一下控制杆看看
I know. Fiddle with the lever.
试过了 没什么作用
It fiddled out. I done all I know how.
叫贝尔电梯公♥司♥来
Call Bell Elevator.
已经叫过了 他们要一点钟才到
I already did. They’re backed up until around 1:00.
没告诉他们情况紧急吗?
Did you tell them it’s an emergency?
不必那么大声 威尔顿先生
You don’t have to holler, Mr. Werthan.
又不是我把电梯搞坏的
I didn’t break the elevator.
给戴维斯帕克斯公♥司♥的货准备好了吗?
Got that stuff for Davis & Paxon?
随时可以出发
Wrapped and ready to go!
我跟他们说昨天就送到的
I told them they’d have it yesterday. Call Bell again.
我听见了
I hear you.
看看门被卡住的地方有没有什么按钮?
Look up where the gate is supposed to close. See a doohickey?
等等
Wait a minute.
找到了
Right here!
把它往上推 然后固定住
Reach up and mash it up until it catches.
好了 然后呢?
I done it. Now what?
拉开操纵杆
Operate the lever.
你是在这儿工作吗?
Do you work here?
不 先生 我叫霍克
No, sir. This here Hoke.
霍克·科尔本
Hoke Colburn, sir.
你怎么知道修电梯的?
How’d you know about the elevator?
我过去给牛奶公♥司♥开过车
I used to drive for a dairy, sir.
他们的电梯经常出毛病
Their elevator was worse than this one.
他就是我向你提到过的霍克
Hoke’s the one I told you about.
哦 是了
Of course.
先生 请问
Excuse me, sir.
你和你的工人都是犹太人吗?
Y’all people’s Jewish, ain’t you?
是的 怎么了?
Yeah, we are. Why?
我愿意为犹太人工作
I’d rather work for Jews.
人们都说他们又寒酸又小气
I know folks say they stingy and cheap.
但我却不这么认为
But don’t say none of that around me!
很高兴你能这么想
Good to know you feel that way.
你以前是干什么的?
What was your last job?
我在哈罗德·斯通法官家里干活
I worked for Judge Harold Stone,
他和你一样是个犹太绅士
he is a Jewish gentleman like yourself.
你是给斯通法官开车的?
You drove for Judge Stone?
给他开了七年车
Seven years.
他没死的话 我没准还呆在那儿呢
I’d still be there if he didn’t up and die.
斯通夫人也叫我和她一起搬到哈瓦那去
Mrs. Stone asked me to move to Savannah with her.
当然 那时我的妻子也刚去世
Of course, my wife was dead by then.
但我还是对她说 “不了 谢谢你 夫人 ”
But I said, “No, thank you, ma’am.”
我不想和孙子们离得太远