51个月后打破沉默
has broken his silence of 51 months.
他在信中提到 我回来了
In a letter claiming, I am back with you,
但是并没有刻意威胁市民
the Zodiac makes no overt threats against the citizenry,
反而想把他的故事拍成电影
and muses that his life and times would make the best movie script yet.
红萝卜很好吃
These carrots are perfect.
-去看吧 -信中还提到<旧金山纪事报>
-Just go. -to mention San Francisco Chronicle
专栏作家贺伯
columnist Herb Caen
和大卫陶希警探
and the Department’s own David Toschi by name.
我也可以去吗?
May I be excused?
好 不过你得回来吃完一半晚餐
Fine, but you have to come back and finish at least half of what’s on that plate.
我们有更多密♥码♥杀手的报导
More team coverage on the cipher slayer’s return…
镜头交给艾伦·佛列曼
begins as Alan Freeman has more.
谢谢你 艾瑞克 <旧金山纪事报>专栏作家莫宝
Thank you, Eric. San Francisco Chronicle columnist Armistead Maupin says
认为这封信是伪造的
that he thinks not only is this new letter a forgery,
而伪造这封信的人 就是长年追捕黄道带的警探
but it was written by the very man trusted to hunt down this killer,
大卫·陶希 莫宝这位非常受尊重的作家
David Toschi. Maupin, a very well-respected author,
公开表示他相信陶希伪造这封信
has gone on record saying that he believes Toschi wrote the letter
是为了引人注意
to drum up publicity for himself.
莫宝把大卫写成他专栏的角色
Maupin used David as a character in his column.
大卫觉得很过瘾 于是匿名写信
David got a kick out of it and so he wrote a couple of anonymous letters
请莫宝继续写这个角色
asking for the character to be brought back.
就像假装粉丝写信给自己而已
It was like writing fan mail to himself. That’s all.
不过那封信不是大卫写的
But David did not write that letter.
我相信不是他 应该也不会有什么影响
No, I’m sure that he didn’t. And I’m sure that this will all blow over.
不会有影响?
Blow over?
他被踢出重案组
They kicked him out of Homicide.
他们甚至逼他像罪犯留下笔迹
They made him give his handwriting like some common criminal.
-我能跟他谈谈吗? -不行
-May I talk to him? -No.
请你问他有没有调查过 一个叫瑞克·马修的人
Okay, can you just ask him if he ever investigated a man named Rick Marshall?
你满脑子只有这个案子吗?
Is that all you can think about?
葛先生 莫宝在你的报社工作ue4d1
Mr. Graysmith, Maupin works at your paper. We trust…
-这女孩想要修音乐课? -大卫
-This girl, she wants music lessons? -Dave! Dave!
我待会儿再找你
I’ll catch up to you.
别再打到我家 懂吗?
You stop calling my house. Do you understand me?
我只要你帮我找到琳达
I just need your help to find Linda.
-老天爷 -一下子就好
-Jesus. -Look, two seconds.
听着 我们做过一些笔迹比对
Look, we’ve been running handwriting samples.
-我们 是谁? -我和莫瑞尔
-Who’s we? -Sherwood and I.
莫瑞尔? 他被鉴识组开除后
Sherwood? Sherwood who was fired from Questioned Documents?
-他和保罗一样变成酒鬼 -他退休了
-Sherwood who drinks like Paul Avery now? -He retired.
他这么跟你说吗?
Is that what he told you?
-你是说他错了吗? -我是说别再打到我家
-What, are you saying he’s wrong? -I’m saying stop calling my house.
-我们比对瑞克·马修的笔迹 -不 罗伯
-We ran them on Rick Marshall. -No, Robert.
-我知道你认为不是他 -我只知道我不想再说下去
-No, I know you don’t think it’s him. -I mean,no,I am not having this conversation.
我找不到梅休或琳达
I can’t talk to Mageau or Linda,so I’m gonna talk to Bob Vaughn.
罗伯 闭嘴
Robert. Robert, stop it!
你再调查下去会筋疲力尽 也会走进死胡同
Okay, the Rick Marshalls of this world will suck you dry. They’re blind alleys.
黄道带说他不会公布他的对象 他只会直接杀人
But he said he wasn’t gonna announce his murders anymore, Dave. He was just gonna do them.
你知道逮到他的机率有多小?
Do you know what the chances of us arresting someone are now?
而且时间过了这么久 很多证物都遗失
Too much time has gone by, okay? Too much of the evidence is lost.
证人也老了 忘记很多事
People get old, Robert. They forget.
我当了25年警♥察♥ 12年 凶案警探
Now, I have been a cop for 25 years. Murder police for 12.
-你靠什么维生? -你明明知道
-What do you do for a living? -You know what I do for a living.
-你是个漫画家 -你想说什么?
-You’re a cartoonist. -So what are you saying?
逮捕黄道带是我的工作 不是你的
I am saying Zodiac was my job. It is not yours.
-他还在逍遥法外 大卫 -我不管这个案子了
-He’s still out there, Dave. -No, Robert. I am through with this.
也跟你没关系了
I am through with you.
1970年9月24日呢?
What about September 26, 1970?
-那是哪一起命案? -太浩湖护士失踪
-Okay, which one was that? -The Lake Tahoe nurse goes missing.
-春分点的前一天 爸? -划个记号♥
-One day before the vernal equinox. Dad? -Yeah. Mark that.
还有1971年6月19日
Got another one. June 19th, 1971.
一定很接近夏至
That’s got to be near the summer solstice.
大伙儿 别告诉妈妈这件事哦
Oh, guys. Don’t tell Mom about our special project, okay?
你跟妈为什么不一起睡?
How come you and Mom don’t sleep in the same bed anymore?
葛先生 我是那帕警局的肯恩
Mr. Graysmith, it’s Ken Narlow from Napa.
你好 警官 谢谢你回电
Oh, Captain Narlow. Thank you for calling me back.
我能帮什么忙?
Yeah. How can I help?
我们交叉比对月亮周期
I called you because we’ve been cross-referencing lunar cycles
和黄道带凶杀案的时间表
with the Zodiac’s timeline.
1969年以后 月亮周期一开始 就有一起命案
More often than not, each cycle since ’69 corresponds with an attack
和一封信 或是未破解的谋杀案
or with one of the letters, or an unsolved homicide.
-谁跟你调查这件事? -我的同事
-Who’s working with you on this? -Some colleagues.
爸?
Dad?
-请你稍等一下 -爸?
-Ken, can you hold on one second? -Dad?
-什么事? -这是什么?
-What is it? -What’s this?
收到黄道带最后信件的十年间
In the decade since the Zodiac’s last cipher was received,
每个联邦单位都想破解密♥码♥
every federal agency has taken a crack at decoding it.
(1979年8月9日- 加州 旧金山)
在这些单位都失败之后 一名漫画家却成功破解密♥码♥
But today, where those agencies had failed, a cartoonist has succeeded.
你是怎么办到的?
How did you do it?
参考图书馆的大量书籍
Oh, just a lot of books from the library,
我也喜欢解码 我就ue4d1
and I love puzzles, so I just…
臭图书馆
Yeah. The fucking library.
只要努力就一定能成功
I believe that you can accomplish anything that you put your mind…
J字开头? 女子监狱?
That’s a J? Okay. Honor Camp?
谢谢你
Thank you so much.
找到琳达了 她在坐牢 很棒吧
Hey, we found Linda. She’s in jail. Isn’t that great?
-你为什么要这样? -她会指认瑞克ue4d1
-Why’d you do it? -Because she’ll be able to identify Rick…
-你在说什么? -你上了电视
-What are you talking about? -You went on TV.
-你让他认得你的长相 -老婆 你太紧张了
-You put yourself out there for him to see. -Oh, hon, you’re being paranoid.
那是谁每周半夜打到家里来的?
The who’s been calling our house in the middle of the night?
谁也不是
Nobody.
-你要怎样才肯罢休? -现在不能谈
-What’s it gonna take for you to be done with this? -I can’t talk about this now.
我得去见鲍伯冯恩
I have to go see Bob Vaughn.
不行 我们现在就要谈
Well, that’s too bad, because we’re gonna talk about this.
你几时才会罢手? 等你找到他 逮捕他?
And when is it gonna be finished? When you catch him? When you arrest him?
-严肃一点 -我是很严肃
-Be serious. -I am serious.
我得知道他究竟是谁
I need to know who he is.
我得站在他面前 看着他的眼睛
I need to stand there, I need to look him in the eye
知道他就是黄道带
and I need to know that it’s him.
这比你家人的安危更重要?
Is that more important than your family’s safety?
当然不是
Of course not.
为什么? 你为什么要这么做?
Why? Why do you need to do this?
为什么?
Why?
因为没有人肯做
Because nobody else will.
这理由不够好
That’s not good enough.
说完了吗? 我能走了吗?
Are you done? Can I go?
-冯先生? -葛先生?
-Mr. Vaughn? -Mr. Graysmith?
-是的 嗨 -你要找我谈?
-Yes. -Hi. You needed to speak to me?
对 街角有一家咖啡馆
Yes. There’s a coffee shop right on the corner.
-不如到我家 -我不想麻烦你
-Why don’t we just go to my home? -Oh, I don’t wanna put you out.
一点也不会 你停在哪儿?
It’s no trouble at all. Where are you parked?
就在那里
Just right there.
跟着我的车
You can follow me.
好吧
Oh. Okay.
小心脚步
Watch your step.
-很棒的房♥子 -谢谢
-Very nice house. -Oh, thank you.
感觉很简朴
It’s very rustic.
-夹克可以给我吗? -不用 谢谢 我很好
-Can I take your jacket? -No, thank you, I’m fine.
那就这边请
Okay. This way, please.
-请坐 -谢谢
-Have a seat. -Thank you.
-喝点茶吗? -不用了
-How about some tea? -Oh, no, I’m all right.
-你确定? -确定
-You sure? -Yes.
我想问你关于一部电影
I wanted to ask you about a film that the Avenue may have played
你在电影院当琴师时放过的电影 <最危险的游戏>
while you were the organist there. The Most Dangerous Game?
那是经典电影 1932年
Oh, it’s a classic. R KO. 1932.
费芮 乔·麦克雷 莱斯里·班克斯 我们放映了很多次
Fay Wray, Joel McCrea, Leslie Banks. We’ve run that picture many times.
是68还是69年?
In ’68, ’69?
我得查查记录 怎么了?
I’d have to check my records. Why?
你记得黄道带吗?
Do you remember the Zodiac?
你想问瑞克·马修 是吧?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!