Aren’t we?
一点影响也没有
No difference whatsoever!
好极了
Great.
谢天谢地
Thank God!
你有任何需要都能来找我
Well, you know, you can count on me for anything.
组团支持 集♥会♥抗♥议♥
Support, rallies, picket lines.
我们可以让《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》写篇文章
We can get the Times to write something.
或者找那个《观察家报》的疯子
Or that nut from the Observer.
什么
What–?
什么《观察家报》的疯子
What nut in the Observer?
他叫弗兰克什么来着
Frank something-or-other.
他对自己的打字机特别痴迷
The one who’s so in love with his typewriter.
这种新闻绝对能挑起他的怒火
This is just the sort of thing that would outrage him.
疯子 她叫我疯子
A nut? She called me a nut?
这不是重点
That’s not the point.
她觉得我的店有困难
She thinks my store is in trouble.
为什么她会这么说 大家都有生意可做啊
Why would she say that? There’s enough business for us all.
当然了 毫无疑问
Yes, there is. No question.
我们挺好的
We are fine.
你不止是挺好 你是非常好
You’re more than fine. You’re absolutely fine.
我们挺好的
We are fine.
没错
Yes.
你们好吗
How are you?
挺好的
Fine.
文斯见到你们肯定很高兴
Vince will be so happy to see you.
-恭喜 -猜猜我今天在地铁上遇见了谁
– Congratulations. – Guess who I saw on the subway today?
太惊人了 他说
This is amazing. He said:
“你应该去静养一下
“You should go to a retreat.
你真的应该去静养一下”
You really should go to a retreat.”
亲爱的 再帮我倒一杯好吗 我喝完了
Honey, will you get me another drink? I’m all out.
“这个地方真的很适合
“It’s a really great place…
用来静养”
to calm down.”
他这么对我说 很好笑 不是吗
He said that to me. Isn’t that hilarious?
香槟 谢谢
Champagne, please.
苏连红加冰 要个新杯子 谢谢
Stoli on the rocks. But a fresh glass, please.
白葡萄酒 谢谢
White wine, please.
给你
Here you go.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好
Hello.
你好
Hi.
你好
Hi.
-你好 -你好
– Hi. – Hi.
你还记得我吗 我是那家书店的店主
Do you remember me, from the bookstore?
我当然记得你 你好
Of course I remember you. Yes, hi.
你姑姑还好吗
Hey, how’s your aunt?
她很好 谢谢
She’s great. Thanks.
我得赶紧去送酒
I’d better go deliver this.
我的女伴渴得像头骆驼
I have a very thirsty date. She’s part camel.
你叫乔 对吗
Joe, right? Joe, isn’t it?
你叫凯瑟琳
And you are Kathleen.
凯瑟琳·凯莉
Kathleen Kelly.
两杯白葡萄酒 谢谢
Two white wine, please.
我不敢相信你刚刚在和乔·福克斯说话
I cannot believe that you were speaking to Joe Fox.
乔·福克斯吗
Joe Fox?
乔·福克斯
Joe Fox.
就是那个
As in–
就是那个
As in…
会抢走你们所有生意的人
he’s gonna take over everything.
福克斯 你姓福克斯
Fox? Your last name is Fox.
福 克 斯
F-o-x.
天哪 我没有想到…
God! I didn’t realize–
我不知道…
I didn’t know–
你和谁是一伙的
Who you were with?
我不知道你和谁是一伙的
I didn’t know who you were with.
你说什么
Excuse me?
这是《教父》的台词
It’s from The Godfather.
抱歉 这是《教父》的台词
Sorry, it’s from The Godfather.
当电影制片人发现汤姆·哈根
It’s when the movie producer realizes that Tom Hagen…
是维托·柯里昂的卧底
is an emissary of Vito Corleone.
就是在床上放着马头
Just before the horse’s head ends up in the bed…
四处都是血的那一幕之前
with all the bloody sheets, you know.
他醒来之后开始惊叫
Wakes up and it’s: Aah! Aah! Aahh!
算了
Never mind.
你是来监视我的 对吗
You were spying on me, weren’t you?
那些孩子说不定也是你租来的
You probably rented those children.
我为什么要监视你
Why would I spy on you?
因为我是你的竞争对手 你心里清楚得很
Because I am your competition, which you know perfectly well…
否则你也不会贴出告示 还在上面写
or you wouldn’t have put up the sign:
“就在街角处”
“Just around the corner.”
我们书店的入口确实就在街角处
The entrance to our store is around the corner.
这是唯一的表述方式
There’s no other way to say it.
这不是我们书店的名字 而是书店的位置
It’s not the name of our store. It’s where it is.
再说 “街角处”这个词又不是你专属的
And you do not own the phrase “around the corner.”
你这是干什么
What is that?
你在干什么
What are you doing?
你到底在干什么
What is that? What are you doing?
你把鱼子酱都挖走了 那个鱼子酱是配料
You’re taking all the caviar? That caviar is a garnish.
我之所以走进你的店
Look, the reason I came into your store…
是因为我那天在照顾安娜贝尔和马修
is because I was spending the day with Annabel and Matt.
我在给他们买♥♥礼物
I was buying them presents.
我这种人就喜欢通过买♥♥礼物
I’m the type of guy who likes to buy
来讨自己家小孩子的欢心
his way into the hearts of children who are his relatives.
当时在那附近的街区
There was only one place to find
只有一家儿童书店
a children’s book in the neighborhood.
现在情况不一样了
That won’t always be the case.
而那正好是你的书店
And it was yours. And it is…
你的那家小书店很可爱
a charming little bookstore.
你一年大概能卖♥♥出价值35万的书吧
You probably sell, what, $350,000 worth of books in a year?
你怎么知道的
How did you know that?
我是做图书生意的
I’m in the book business.
我才是做图书生意的
I am in the book business.
我明白了
I see.
而我们就像普莱斯会员店
And we are the Price Club.
不过我们卖♥♥的不是那种连你家厨柜都放不下的
Only instead of a 10-gallon vat of olive oil for 3.99…
廉价十加仑装沙拉油
that won’t even fit under your kitchen cabinet,
我们卖♥♥的是廉价图书
we sell cheap books.
我 还需要监视你 当然了
Me, a spy? Absolutely.
我手上掌握着
I have in my possession
你那家微不足道的小书店
the super-duper secret printout of the sales figures…
最为绝密的销♥售♥记录文件
of a bookstore so inconsequential,
而你的书店是如此独具特色
yet full of its own virtue…
居然能逼得我直接冲过去
that I was immediately compelled to rush over there for fear
生怕你会让我家书城关门
that it’s gonna put me out of business.
怎么了
What? What?
你好吗 我是弗兰克·纳瓦斯基
Hey. How you doing? Frank Navasky.
我是乔·福克斯
Joe Fox.
乔·福克斯
Joe Fox?
福 克 斯
F-o-x.
当然了 就是你发明了大型书城
The inventor of the superstore. Of course.
中小书店的敌人
The enemy of the mid-list novel.
毁了城市书店的人
The destroyer of City Books.
告诉我 你晚上怎么睡得着
Tell me something, really. How do you sleep at night?
我会用一种很棒的非处方药
I use a wonderful over-the-counter drug:
超级安眠粒
Ultra-dorm.
别吃一整粒 半粒就够了
Don’t take the whole thing, just half.
等你醒来之后一点不适感都不会有
You’ll wake up without even the tiniest hangover.
你是弗兰克·纳瓦斯基 对吗
You’re Frank Navasky, aren’t you?
是的 我们走吧
Yes. Leaving.
你上周发布在《观察家报》上的
Your last piece in the Observer…
那篇关于安东尼·鲍尔的文章写得太棒了
about Anthony Powell was brilliant.
-真的吗 -真的太棒了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!