如果我能出去
If I ever get out of here…
我就去娶奥丽特
I’m marrying Orit.
我爱她
I love her.
我应该和她结婚
I should marry her.
我不知道是什么阻止了我
I don’t know what’s been stopping me.
如果我能出去 我就去做眼部激光手术
If I ever get out of here, I’m having my eyes lasered.
如果我能出去
If I ever get out of here–
我的薄荷糖哪儿去了
Where are my Tic-Tacs?
怎么了
What?
我今晚回家
I came home tonight
踏进了上楼的电梯
and got into the elevator to go to my apartment.
一小时之后 我从电梯里出来了
An hour later, I got out of the elevator…
布林克利和我搬出了那里
and Brinkley and I moved out.
突然间一切都清晰了起来
Suddenly everything had become clear.
这故事说来话长
It’s a long story…
充满了我们极力避免谈起的个人细节
full of the personal details we avoid so carefully.
我就这么说吧
Let me just say…
在电梯里 有个男人坐在我旁边
there was a man sitting in the elevator with me…
他很清楚自己想要什么
who knew exactly what he wanted.
而我发现 我希望自己也能像他那么幸运
And I found myself wishing I were as lucky as he.
人们总是对我说 改变是好事
People are always telling you that change is a good thing.
但其实他们的意思是
But all they’re really saying is that
你最不希望发生的事
something you didn’t want to happen at all…
还是发生了
has happened.
我的店这周要关门了
My store is closing this week.
我有一家小店 我跟你提过吗
I own a store. Did I ever tell you that?
那家店很温馨
It’s a lovely store.
一周后 那里就会变成一个非常压抑的地方
And in a week it will be something really depressing…
比如一家连锁童装店
like a Baby Gap.
很快我们就会变成回忆
Soon we’ll just be a memory.
但其实 还是有一些笨蛋会觉得
In fact, someone, some foolish person will probably think
这是对这座城市的贡献
it’s a tribute to this city.
城市会一直日新月异地变化着
The way it keeps changing on you,
你永远不能指望它一成不变
or the way you can never count on it or something.
我知道这些 因为我常常会说这种话
I know because that’s the sort of thing I’m always saying,
但其实…
But the truth is…
我心碎了
I’m heartbroken.
我感觉我整个人的一部分就这么死去了
I feel as if a part of me has died…
而我的妈妈又再次离我而去
and my mother has died all over again.
没有人能够弥补这一切
And no one can ever make it right.
开业42年后
我们停业了
我们很高兴能成为你们人生的一部分
福克斯父子书城
♪我曾周游世界♪
♪I’ve been around the world♪
♪各色美女任我挑♪
♪Had my pick of any girl♪
♪你以为我会很开心♪
♪You’d think I’d be happy♪
♪但我其实不开心♪
♪But I’m not♪
怎么回事
What happened?
♪大家都知道我的名号♥♪
♪Everybody knows my name♪
该死
Hell.
你还好吗
How are you?
♪但这是个疯狂的游戏♪
♪But it’s just a crazy game♪
爸 你做得很好
You know, Dad, you did pretty well.
至少你没娶她
At least you didn’t marry her.
欢迎上船
Welcome aboard.
♪高处不胜寒♪
♪it’s lonely at the top♪
-你们俩还撑了一阵子 -没错
– It lasted a while. – Yeah.
♪听乐队演奏吧♪
♪Listen to the band they’re playing♪
♪那只为我而奏♪
♪just for me♪
你要知道
You know…
我跟很多女人分手后都在这艘船上待过
I’ve stayed on this boat after–
让我想想
Let’s see.
你妈妈
Your mother.
劳瑞特 那个芭蕾舞者
Laurette, the ballet dancer.
我的保姆
My nanny.
她是你的保姆吗
She was the nanny?
没错
Yeah.
我忘了
I forgot that.
真讽刺
How ironic.
之后就是那个滑冰的
Then there was the ice skater.
-她也是我的保姆 -真的吗
– Also my nanny. – Really?
是啊
Yeah.
这就格外讽刺了
That’s amazingly ironic.
之后是西比尔 她的职业是…
And then there was Sybil, the….
-“占”字开头的 -占星家
– It’s an “A” word. – Astrologer.
没错 就是这个
Exactly. Yeah.
我记得 她当时和别人有一腿
Whose moon turned out to be in someone else’s house, as I recall.
就跟吉莉安一样
Just like Gillian.
-吉莉安和谁私奔了吗 -保姆
– Gillian ran off with someone? – The nanny.
-保姆莫琳吗 -没错
– Nanny Maureen? – Yes.
吉莉安和保姆莫琳私奔了
Gillian ran off with Nanny Maureen.
就是这样
You got it.
那可真是讽刺到家了
It’s incredibly ironic.
-确实 -也没别的词可以形容了
– That’s true. – No other word for it.
还有谁的日子比我们更逍遥
Well, who’s better than us?
父子终聚首
Father and son, together at last.
你之前说你跟谁分手了
Who did you say you broke up with?
帕特丽夏
Patricia.
你见过她
You met her.
我会喜欢她吗
Would I like her?
我开玩笑的 儿子
Just kidding, son.
这样挺好的 不是吗
Now, is this beautiful or what?
虽然我要带着行李箱在船上至少住三周
Of course, I’ll be living out of a suitcase for at least three weeks.
还要面对不可避免的法律纠纷
And then there’s the inevitable legal hassle.
你继承的遗产又会变少一点
More of your inheritance down the drain.
-你不必担心 -我不会的
– Don’t you worry about it. – I won’t.
我只是得另寻新欢 仅此而已
I just have to meet someone new. That’s all.
这事简单
That’s the easy part.
是啊 没错
Right, yeah.
在这世界上找到一个能让你满心欢喜的人
A snap to find the one single person in the world
可不就是小菜一碟吗
who fills your heart with joy.
别扯了
Well, don’t be ridiculous.
我什么时候遇到过这样的人
Have I ever been with anybody who fit that description?
你遇到过吗
Have you?
♪宝贝♪
♪Oh yeah, baby♪
♪如同傻子一般 我已离开太久♪
♪Like a fool, I went and stayed too long♪
♪现在我想知道 你的爱是否仍坚贞不渝♪
♪Now, I’m wondering if your love’s still strong♪
♪宝贝 我在这里♪
♪Ooo baby, here I am♪
♪签名 封箱 送达 我是你的♪
♪Signed, sealed, delivered, I’m yours♪
♪之前我道别离开♪
♪Then that time I went and said goodbye♪
哪位
Who is it?
我是乔·福克斯
It’s Joe Fox.
♪现在我回来了 痛哭流涕♪
♪Now, I’m back and not ashamed to cry♪
你来这里干什么
What are you doing here?
♪宝贝 我在这里♪
♪Ooo baby, here I am♪
♪签名 封箱 送达 我是你的♪
♪Signed, sealed, delivered, I’m yours♪
-我能上楼吗 -不 我不…
– May I please come up? – No, I don’t–
我觉得这不是个好主意 因为…
No, I don’t really think that that is a good idea, because…
我得了…
I have a…
我得了很严重的…
I have a terrible…
感冒
cold.
-你听到了吗 -嗯
– Can you hear that? – Yeah.
听着 我现在鼻子不通 头昏脑涨
Listen, I’m sniffling, and I’m not really awake.
我在服用紫锥菊和维生素C
And I’m taking echinacea and vitamin C
我几乎一整天都在睡觉
and sleeping practically 24 hours a day.
我还发烧了
I have a temperature.
这病应该会传染的 所以我觉得…
And I think I’m contagious. So I would–
如果你能离开的话 我会很感激的
I would really appreciate it if you’d just go away.
凯瑟琳
Kathleen?
等一下
Just a second!
好 就等一下
Yes, just a second.