Well, why do you do it?
那你干嘛还在做?
Look, they’re very strict in this office and I. . .
这公♥司♥十分严格
Tell me, isn’t there something else you’d rather be doing than this?
难道你不喜欢做些别的吗?
Go along with you. I don’t believe a word you’re saying.
是的 我才不信这一套
Go on, tell me, what would you rather be doing than this?
他们弄这些玩意儿干什么
I make up things.
我会发明东西
Poetry? No. Just things.
只是一些简单的东西
Go on. Let me see some of them.
让我看一看
Say, that’s kind of cute.
好可爱
It is, isn’t it? I made it up myself.
是我自己做的
Yes.
是啊
I have a lot of other ideas just like it.
还有许多其他的主意
Well, what do you mean fooling around with those dull figures?
你干嘛要算这些无聊的数目?
It seems to me, Mr. . . .
我似乎觉得…
Poppins. Yes.
波平斯先生
It seems to me, Mr. Poppins,
在我看来 波平斯先生
that is the kind of work you ought to be doing.
你似乎应该做这类的工作
Someday I’m going to do nothing else.
我将来有一天会做这个
Someday, when my ship comes in.
当我退休的那一天
How’d you like to come over to our house and work on your gadgets?
要不要到我家来做你的发明?
Over to your house?
到你家?
Well, I don’t know. Thank you, but. . .
好吧 我不知道 谢了 但…
Go along. You’d love it.
去吧 你会喜欢的
Everybody over at our place does just what he wants to do.
咱们家的人都做自己喜欢的事情
Really?
真的吗?
That must be wonderful.
那真是太棒了
But how would I live?
但我靠什么过生活?
The same way we do.
就跟咱们一样
The same way.
一样
Well, who takes care of you?
谁来照顾你?
The same one that takes care of the lilies of the field, Mr. Poppins.
就是照顾荷花的那一个人
Except that we toy a little, spin a little, have a barrel of fun.
只不过我们比较高级一点 而且比较有趣味
If you want to, come on over and become a lily, too.
你要的话 也可以当一朵荷花
A lily? Me? A lily of the field?
叫我去当一朵荷花?
What’s that?
那是什么?
Just a little something Mr. Poppins whipped up.
波平斯先生自己发明的小玩意儿
Why, Mr. Poppins.
波平斯先生
Hey, Ethel, come here. Take a look at this. Alice, George, John.
大家快过来看
Isn’t that the cutest thing. Did you do that? How in the world?
好可爱 是你自己做的吗?
Isn’t that clever? Aren’t you clever?
很聪明吧? 你不聪明吗?
Where is he, Miss Jones?
他人在哪里 琼斯小姐?
What’s going on here?
你们在干什么?
Well, well, welcome, welcome, Mr. Vanderhof.
欢迎 欢迎 欢迎
Come right into my office.
请到我办公室来
No, thanks, Mr. Blakely. I was just going. Going?
谢了 我正打算离开 离开?
Hello, Mr. Hughes. How do you do?
你好 休斯先生 你好吗?
What’s happened? You were all right last time I saw you.
怎么搞的?上次看你还好好的
One of my granddaughters dared me to slide down the banister.
我的宝贝孙女把我撞倒
Too bad, is it serious?
真遗憾 严不严重?
No, just a sprain or something.
不严重 只是扭伤而已
The thing I like most about it is the crutches.
最好玩的是要拄拐杖
I’ve been wanting to walk on them ever since I was a kid, haven’t you?
不知道我还能不能走路
Yes. Yes, yes, must be a lot of fun.
是啊 一定很好玩
Well, Mr. Vanderhof, I believe we understand each other.
相信我们已经有了共识
Now, I’m ready to do business.
我打算要跟你谈正事
Say, that’s a bad twitch in your eye.
你眨眼睛真的很严重
You’ve been working too hard.
你一定是工作太劳累了
You ought to take a vacation.
应该去度假休息一下
Well, if it’s all the same to you, Mr. Vanderhof,
他也是
let’s quit playing games.
咱们别再耍宝了
I’m a very busy man. Come. . .
我可是一个大忙人
A couple of weeks fishing will fix up that twitch, Mr. Blakely.
去钓鱼 几个礼拜就会痊愈的
Well, I’ve got to go to the graduation exercises over at the university.
我必须先走了 去参加大学的毕业典礼
Look, I have a check here for $100,000. Now, if you’re interested. . .
我这里有张十万元的支票…
Have you been to one lately? No.
你最近有没有参加毕业典礼 没有
They’re a truckload of fun.
真的很有意思
You ought to hear the speeches.
尤其是他们的演讲…
Well, I’d better be going. I’ll be late.
时候不早了 我该走了
Look out for that twitch, Mr. Blakely.
小心你的眼睛问题 布莱克先生
Coming, Poppins?
来吧 波平斯先生
I’d like to, but I don’t think. . . I’d better not.
我是想去 但是我不认为…最好不要
Yes, sir. This is all your fault. You and your toys.
都是你的错 还有你的鬼玩具…
You. . .
你…
Wait a minute, please.
请等一下
If you leave, Poppins, you needn’t come back.
你要是离开的话 那就再也不要回来
Wait. Wait, wait.
等一下
The die is cast.
木已成舟
I’m a lily.
我要当一朵荷花
Have some popcorn.
吃点爆米花吧
Did your grandpa go to the graduation exercises, Miss Essie?
你爷爷又去毕业典礼了吗 埃西小姐?
Guess so.
大概是吧
I wonder how many folks
不知道爷爷…
Grandpa’s gonna bring home for dinner tonight.
又会带谁来吃晚饭
I don’t know. It all depends on whether he goes walking in a park.
在公园散步就会带人回来
Well, let him bring’em. I’ll be ready for them.
反正我都准备好了
Mother, will you taste a Love Dream for me?
妈妈 你尝一下
Not now. I’m busy.
不行 我在忙
Do you have to make candy today, Essie? It’s so hot.
天气这么热 你何必做糖果
Well, Ed went out and got a bunch of new orders.
因为已经有很多人预订了
How does it taste to you?
你觉得味道怎么样?
If this keeps up, you’ll be opening a store.
如果继续下去 你可开一家店
That’s what Ed was saying last night, but I said no.
埃德昨晚也是这样说 但我没答应
No. I want to be a dancer.
我想要当一名舞蹈家
Finish your second act yet, Mrs. Sycamore?
进行得如何 西卡摩太太?
No, I’ve got Cynthia just entering the monastery.
我正进行到修道院的部份
I’ll be right down, Mr. DePinna.
我马上下来
I just want to show my wife these new firecrackers we made.
我让我太太看一下新式冲天炮
Look, Penny, we can make up a lot of these before the Fourth of July
瞧 潘妮 我们可以在国♥庆♥日前制♥造♥一堆这玩意儿
and sell them for 10 cents a string. Watch.
然后以10美分的价格卖♥♥给他们
Watch, Penny.
看着 潘妮
Nice?
不错吧?
Yes, Paul, dear.
很正点
I tell you, the kids will go for those like hotcakes.
希望那些小孩子也会喜欢
Mr. Sycamore,
西卡摩先生
I’m afraid we’ve got the powder chamber too near the balloon.
我觉得好像火♥药♥箱太靠近汽球了
Let’s go down to the cellar and try it.
到地下室再试一试
Where’s Grandpa? Let’s ask Grandpa.
先问问老爷再说
I ain’t done nothing, but I’m sure tired.
真是把我累死了
Yeah, you always tired. From what? You was born tired.
你这种人永远在叫累
Here, take this, you’re just in time enough to set the table.
把这些餐具摆在桌上
I don’t see why I got to do your work just because we’re engaged.
为什么叫我做你的工作
Donald, were you ever in a monastery?
你去过修道院吗?
No, I don’t go no place much. I’m on relief.
没有 我很少到处乱跑
Hello, Momma.
嗨 老妈
What do you say, Donald boy?
这是你的东西
Well, I delivered all the candy. Where’s my beautiful wife?
我美丽的老婆在哪里?
Lordy.
老天爷
Here’s a new one, Ed. Taste it.
这是新的 先尝一口
I’m calling it Love Dreams.
我称这个作品为“恋爱之梦”
Boy, you’re a whiz.
小子 你真是个奇才
Wait ’til you listen to this tune. It’s been ringing in my ears all day.
我今天想起一个曲词
Come on back a minute, Essie. What tune is it?
稍等 埃西 这是什么曲子?
This is sure a beauty. I think you gonna like this hymn.
很美 一定要让你听一听
Let me turn the little do- jigger on here.
把这小玩意打开
I like that, Ed. Yours?
太好了 我喜欢 你做的吗?
No, Chopin.
是肖邦作的
Gotalot of you in it.
很有你的风格
What do you say there, Donald?
干嘛这么激动?
Well, you should have been there.
大家都该来这个地方
Hello, Grandpa. How’s your foot?
爷爷 你的脚怎样?