How about us taking a flying leap? That’s a good idea.
咱们冲进去? 好主意
Order in the court.
法庭裁定
Order. Officer, put these men out.
秩序 把这些人赶出去
The next time you want to go slumming,
你以后
stay away from our neighborhood.
别进我家大门
Alice, please.
爱丽丝 等一等
Order.
秩序
Order.
秩序
Dang gummit, Alice should’ve let us know where she was going.
爱丽丝至少应该告诉我们她在哪里
Don’t you think so, Essie?
你不觉得吗 埃西?
Any word from her yet?
她回来了吗?
I’ve been all over town.
全城都找遍了
The detective agency worked all night on it.
一大堆私♥家♥侦♥探♥四处打听
They’ve checked every hotel for 100 miles around.
查过百里内的每家旅馆
Mrs. Sycamore, won’t you please tell me where she is?
请你告诉我 她在哪里?
I don’t know, Tony.
我也不知道 托尼
Even if I did, I’m sorry. I couldn’t tell you.
真对不起 我知道了也不能告诉你
If I wrote her a letter would you see…
如果我写信给她 你能不能…
You don’t understand, Tony.
你不明白 托尼
She doesn’t want to see you.
不用了 她不想见你
That’s why she went away mostly.
所以她离开了
There’s no use in your coming here anymore, and trying to find her.
你再来找她也没有用
You’ll only make things worse for her. For us, too.
你只会让她更难过 我们也是
Well, I guess that’s that.
我了解
We’re all awfully sorry, Tony. Thank you, sir.
真是对不起 托尼 谢谢 先生
Boy, I sure do feel sorry for Tony.
我真的替托尼觉得惋惜
Rheba say you want something to eat, somebody?
有谁想要吃饭吗?
No, I’m not hungry, are you?
不 我不饿 你呢?
I ought to be cleaning up the cellar. It’s in an awful mess.
我应该去清理地下室 简直是一团糟啊
Look here, everyone. Here’s a letter from Alice.
通知大家 爱丽丝来信了
Really?
真的吗?
How is she? Where did you get it?
她怎么样了? 她在哪里?
Ned, the postman, chased me down the street and gave it to me.
一个邮差在街上直接拿给我的
He recognized her handwriting. I’ve read it, Penny.
他认出来是她的笔迹
Read it aloud, Penny.
大声朗读 彭妮
Where’s it from, Mother?
从哪里来的 妈妈?
Wait a minute. My hands are shaking.
等一下 我的双手在发抖
She’s staying with Helen, that school friend in Riverside.
她现在住在海伦家里
That’s in Connecticut, isn’t it, Grandpa?
就在康涅狄格州
Read the letter, Mother.
快念出来 好吗
Now, let me see.
让我看看
RAnd I was so miserable and confused I had to do something.
“我觉得伤心又困惑 我必须想点办法”
I do hope you’ll understand.
“我希望你们能谅解”
“It’s peaceful here and I’ve thought it all out.
“这里很平静 我也想通了”
I know now the situation between Tony and me is impossible.
“我现在明白 我和托尼之间一定是没有希望的”
Mrs. Kirby was right. I should have stayed in my own backyard.
“柯比太太说得对 我自己应该安份一点”
Don’t worry about me, Mother. I’ll get over it.
“妈妈 不必替我担心 我会度过的”
My darlings, I’m so lonesome for you.
“我真的觉得好孤独”
I don’t know how I can stand it.
“我不知我如何能忍♥受”
“Last night I cried myself to sleep, and that helped a little.
“昨夜 我哭着入眠 心情好了一些”
But this morning when I woke up
“今早醒来”
and realized I wasn’t in my own bed. .
”发觉不是自己的床…”
I wish I could rush back home. But how can I, if I want to forget?
“但愿我能飞快赶回家 但我不知道如何能忘记”
The newspapers, Tony, and a million little things make it impossible.
“报社和那些无意义的事情 让我们的一切已不可能”
Forgive me, my darlings.
“原谅我 爷爷”
“I promise to write every day, sometimes twice or even more.
“我一定会天天写信给你的 有时候会写两封 甚至更多”
PIease, everybody, take good care of yourselves.
“大家要好好保重”
Don’t let anything happen to you.
“不要发生什么意外”
All my love, Alice.
“我所有的爱 爱丽丝”
Sounds to me like she’s not coming back.
我觉得她好像不打算回来了
Mr. Blakely, please.
请接布雷克先生
Mr. Blakely?
布雷克先生?
Dad, you don’t mean you’re thinking of selling the house?
爸爸 难道你打算卖♥♥♥房♥♥子了?
Alice is right.
爱丽丝说得对
She can never come back here.
她不会回来的
It would only make her miserable.
看见这房♥子只会让我伤心
I won’t let her live alone.
我不会让她孤单一个人
We’ll find a place up there with her.
我们另外找个地方住
Mr. Blakely, this is Vanderhof.
布雷克先生 我是范先生
Do you still want to buy the house?
你仍然想买♥♥这间屋子吗?
You’ll only pay $25,000 now.
你现在只愿出两万五
Well, all right. Certainly, today.
好吧 明天就签约
All right, that’s all. Goodbye.
好的 就这样再见
Well, we had to leave this house sometime, anyway.
我们必须准备随时搬离这里了
I had a hard time, but I made the old codger sell.
我终于逼他卖♥♥掉了
Mr. Kirby’s got all 12 blocks, solid.
现在十二条街全是柯比先生的
All right, Henry. We can go ahead.
好了 现在立刻行动
We’ve got the Vanderhof property.
我们买♥♥到了范家的房♥子
Line up Kincaid right away.
马上接通金凯德先生
If that old gent hadn’t sold, the whole deal would’ve been blocked.
那个老头终于把房♥子便宜卖♥♥掉
What a spotty head, the sucker.
这老顽固真是大笨蛋
To all tenants in the 12- block area.
通知十二条街的全体居民
Notice. You are hereby notified that. . .
你们必须
You are hereby notified that 10 days from this date
你们必须在十日内
your premises must be vacated.
将屋子清出
That’s the same as I’ve got.
我也收到一样的通告
That certainly doesn’t give us much time.
期限未免太短了
Does it? No.
是吗? 是
Look. The Jensens must have gotten their notice. Let’s go see.
詹森先生也在看通告 快过去
Mr. Jensen, did you get one of these?
你也收到这张通告吗?
Sure. We have to get out in 10 days.
是啊 限我们十日内迁出
We all have to move. I can’t understand it.
我们所有人都要搬 我搞不懂
Grandpa said if they couldn’t buy his house,
老爹说过他不会卖♥♥♥房♥♥子
nobody would have to move.
任何人都不用搬走
Look.
你们看
Sorry, Mr. Kirby can’t be disturbed.
柯比先生现在没空
I think it’s all over, don’t you?
我觉得一切都结束了 对吗?
Hello? Sorry, Mr. Kirby’s not available.
抱歉 柯比先生没空
Hello. He’s not answering his phone. Sorry.
对不起 他不能接电♥话♥
I’ve just been upstairs.
我刚去楼上
All our board members are there,
我们的董事们都在这
and so are the heads of those six little companies.
六家小公♥司♥的负责人也在
Boy, is this merger going to make history!
这次将是历史性的合并
I hear the market’s going crazy.
市场上一定风声鹤泣
They don’t know whether to buy or sell.
他们不知道买♥♥入还是卖♥♥出
I hope we’re right. I have everything I own sunk in this.
我全部资金全押在上面
Stop bellyaching. We can’t miss.
这次咱们是赢定了
Let’s get this over with. Where’s Kirby?
柯比人在哪里?
We have waited for half a hour
我们已经等了半小时了
Who’s with him?
谁和他在一起?
Nobody.
没别人
He’s probably taking bows in front of the other Kirbys on the wall.
他现在一个人在房♥间里
Hello. No. Tell the senator to keep his shirt on.
别让他回来
Kirby wants him to stay in Washington.
柯比叫他待在华府
No newspapers until after the meeting.
不许新闻界出席会议
Ramsey make trouble for us?
拉姆齐公♥司♥会替我们惹麻烦
You’re crazy. He’s broke.
少来 他已经破产了
He’s finished. Kirby hasn’t even left him carfare.
柯比把他剥削得一干二净
You’ve got to hand it to the old man.
这老小子真有两把刷子
How he squeezed down on old Ramsey, beautiful.
他套上拉姆齐 真是太绝了
I saw Ramsey this morning, you know.
我今天早上看到拉姆齐了
It wouldn’t surprise me if he were to blow his brains out.
他被整得两面精光
I tell you, they’re waiting up there.
我告诉你 他们在那里等着呢
Let’s get Kirby and get this thing over with
我们快去找柯比 把事情搞定
before something happens.
免得中途生变卦
Good idea. Wait a minute, wait a minute.
好主意 等一下 等等
You know he doesn’t like that.
他一向是这样
Good heaven, man. Look at the time.
你看看几点了
I’ll get him on the phone. Maybe he won’t mind that.
我打给他希望 他不会介意
Get me Mr. Kirby in the conference room.
替我接会议室的柯比先生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!