It’s you who are vain and insufferable.
-希斯克利夫爱我 -那是一则谎言
-Heathcliff loves me. -It’s a lie.
那不是谎言 他已经告诉我了 他吻了我
It’s not a lie. He’s told me so. He’s kissed me.
他在他的双臂中抱住我 他告诉了我他爱我
He’s held me in his arms. He’s told me that he loves me.
-我去告诉你的兄弟 -去 他向我求婚
-I’m going to your brother. -Go! He’s asked me to marry him.
我们会结婚
We’re going to be married.
希斯克利夫会成为我的丈夫
Heathcliff’s going to be my husband.
你不能 希斯克利夫不是一个男人…
You can’t. Heathcliff’s not a man…
而是一个黑暗和可怕的的东西
but something dark and horrible to live with.
你以为我不知道你为什麽这麽做吗
Do you imagine that I don’t know why you’re acting so?
因为你爱他
Because you love him.
是的 你爱他
Yes! You love him!
而且你对我将和他结婚感到疯狂和痛苦
And you’re mad with pain at the thought of my marrying him.
你需要他 渴望而且梦到你…
You want him to pine and dream of you…
为你死 同时你作为林顿太太活在舒适的环境中
die for you, while you live in comfort as Mrs. Linton.
你不想要他快乐
You don’t want him to be happy.
你想要使他遭受痛苦 你想要毁灭他
You want to make him suffer. You want to destroy him!
但是我想要使他快乐 而且我会这样做
But I want to make him happy, and I will!
我听到了你们的声音
I heard your voices.
我们正在讨论舞会
We were just discussing the ball.
明天有许多时间讨论八卦新闻
There’s plenty of time for gossip tomorrow.
你应该到上♥床♥ 亲爱的 你神情疲劳
You ought to come to bed, darling. You look tired.
晚安
Good night.
-早安 约瑟 -女主人凯茜 我想说
-Good morning, Joseph. -Mistress Cathy, I mean.
刑立先生不在
Mr. Hindley’s away.
我是来找希斯克利夫先生的
It’s Mr. Heathcliff I wish to see.
哦
Oh.
哦 是
Oh, aye.
我会试着找他
I’ll try and find him.
让我们单独相处 约瑟
Leave us, Joseph.
你为什么来呼啸山庄
What brings you to Wuthering Heights?
埃德加知道吗 我不认为他会赞同
Does Edgar know? I doubt he’d approve.
希斯克利夫 那是真的吗
Heathcliff, is it true?
-什么是真的 -你向伊莎贝拉求婚
-Is what true? -That you asked Isabella to marry you.
那就算是真的吧 哦 希斯克利夫 你不能做这
It is true then. Oh, Heathcliff, you must not do this.
她没有伤害你
She hasn’t harmed you.
-你有 -那就处罚我
-You have. -Then punish me!
我会的 当在我用双臂抱着她的时候…
I’m going to, when I take her in my arms…
当我对她的生活和快乐发誓的时候
when I promise her life and happiness.
你还是人吗 你不能这样做
If there’s anything human left in you, don’t do this.
不要使我成为如此罪行的合伙人
Don’t make me a partner to such a crime.
那是愚蠢的 疯狂的
It’s stupid. It’s mad.
只要你用你的心看我 我愿做你的奴隶
If you ever looked at me with what is in you, I’d be your slave.
如果你的心比对上帝和世界的恐惧还要强壮…
If your heart were stronger than your fear of God and the world…
我会默默地满足居住在你的影子中
I would live silently contented in your shadow.
但是不
But no.
你一定毁灭我们两个 用你叫德行的弱点
You must destroy us both with that weakness you call virtue.
你一定使我苦恼 用你以为虔诚的残酷
You must keep me tormented with that cruelty you think so pious.
你有是为我对你强烈的爱自满并且高兴 不是吗
You’ve been smug and pleased with my vile love of you, haven’t you?
在这之後 你将不觉得
After this, you won’t think of me
我是凯茜愚蠢的和绝望的爱人
as Cathy’s foolish and despairing lover.
你将会觉得我 是伊莎贝拉的丈夫…
You’ll think of me as Isabella’s husband…
而且为我的快乐而高兴…
and be glad for my happiness…
就像我原来对你一样
as I was for yours.
-开到村庄 找到林顿先生 -好的 夫人
-Drive to the village. Get Mr. Linton. -Very well, ma’am.
结婚 这不对头 伊莎贝拉和希斯克利夫
Marry? It’s preposterous. Isabella and Heathcliff?
是真的 你能做什么
It’s true. What will you do about it?
做什么 我会把她放在锁和钥匙之下 如果需要的话
Do? I’ll put her under lock and key if need be.
-我们一定要跟着他们 -跟着他们是没用的
-We must go after them. -Going after them is useless.
我们一定要跟着他们 不然就晚了
We must go after them while there’s still time.
他们一定不能结婚
They mustn’t marry.
不要给你自己找麻烦 我力所不及
Don’t disturb yourself. There’s nothing I can do.
但是你必须 埃德加 拿你的手♥枪♥
But you must, Edgar. Get your pistols.
跟着他们 杀他
Go after them. Kill him!
阻止他们结婚
But stop them from marrying.
这场婚姻不能进行 你听到了吗 它必须…
This marriage cannot be, do you hear? It must…
就这样希斯克利夫和伊莎贝拉结婚了
And so Heathcliff and Isabella were married.
许多月之後 在呼啸山庄…
Many months later at Wuthering Heights…
在肯尼斯医生逐渐地减少 的拜访之一…
during one of Dr. Kenneth’s increasingly rare visits…
你何不用槌子打自己的头…
Why don’t you hit yourself over the head with a hammer…
在早晨你起床时
the instant you get up in the morning?
-为什么 -如果你打你自己够重的话
-Why? -If you hit yourself hard enough…
你将会一整天保持无意识
you’ll remain unconscious the whole day
而且达成相同的结果…
and achieve the same results…
你会从 一整个的加仑精神…
you would from a whole gallon of spirits…
带着比较少量穿着和眼泪 在肾上
with much less wear and tear on the kidneys.
你不同意我吗 希斯克利夫太太
Don’t you agree with me, Mrs. Heathcliff?
那有什么关系
What does it matter?
好吧 我希望没有关系
Well, I’d hoped that it did matter…
当你来这里的时候 事物会改变
that when you came here, things would change.
只有我变了
Only I changed.
我记得这楝房♥子充满了 笑和爱 再见
I remember this house when it rang with laughter and love. Good-bye.
叫你的丈夫以后找另外一位医生
Ask your husband to call another doctor in future.
我的痊愈艺术治不了在这楝房♥子中居住的人
Whoever dwells in this house is beyond my healing arts.
我会想念你的 肯尼斯医生
I shall miss you, Dr. Kenneth.
我带来你进入这个世界
I brought you into the world…
如果你留在这里
but it’s a world
它将是一个你无法长时间优雅停留的世界
you’re not going to grace very long if you stay here.
亲爱的孩子 我一定告诉你
Dear child, I must tell you this.
回去你属于的地方 和埃德加一起去一两个月
Go back where you belong, back with Edgar for a month or two.
这会拯救你的 而且他的
It would mean your salvation, and his.
埃德加和我断绝了关系
Edgar’s disowned me.
胡说 在那种环境下是自然的
Nonsense. That was natural under the circumstances,
但是他现在需要你
but he needs you now.
他需要我 为什么
He does. Why?
凯茜生了重病
Cathy is gravely ill.
事实上 她撑不了几天了
In fact, it’s only a matter of days.
小时 也许
Hours, perhaps.
什麽病
What is it?
发烧 肺炎
Fever. Inflammation of the lungs.
但是还有一些东西超过了这个
But there’s something beyond that.
我不知道 我称它为寻死的意愿
I don’t know. I’d call it a will to die.
如果凯茜死了
If Cathy died…
我可能会开始活着
I might begin to live.
开始活着 哦
Begin to live, eh?
有希斯克利夫住的这楝房♥子 无人能居住
In this house with Heathcliff, nothing can live.
只有憎恨 它的呼吸 像魔鬼呼吸到我身上
Nothing but hate. It’s breathing like the devil’s own breath on me.
而且你 他憎恨你比恨我更多 他厌恶你
And you, he hates you worse than he does me. He loathes you.
每次你吻他 他的心会痛
Each time you kiss him his heart breaks
因为吻他的人不是凯茜
with rage because it’s not Cathy.
-杀他 -我以前不准你提有关他的事
-Kill him. -I forbade you to speak about him.
-停止它 你听到我说的吗 -杀他
-Stop it, you hear me? -Kill him!
那是我几个星期以来第一次听到刑立清澄的谈话
That’s the first lucid talk I’ve heard out of Hindley for weeks.
不是非常高雅的谈话 但是它是连贯的
It’s not very Christian talk, but it’s coherent.
像是有一些意义
Seemed to make some points.
-我为你的进步愉快 -我试过阻停他
-I’m delighted with your improvement. -I tried to stop him.
谢谢你 我的亲爱妻子 你的忠贞很感人
Thank you, my dear wife. Your loyalty is touching.
你的诅咒将会回家喂你自己的心
Your curses will come home to feed on your own heart.
每个你给他人的痛苦都会回到你自己
Every agony you’ve given will return.
我们为什么有他在这里
Why do we have him here?
我有他在房♥子中不能呼吸
I can’t breathe with him in the house.
如果我少年时代的朋友不在我家
Existence would be so much less
我就不会有现在
without my boyhood friend under my roof.
你看不见吗
Don’t you see?
你对他的憎恨正在毒害你自己
You poison yourself with hating him.
亲爱的 请将他赶走 而且让爱进入这所房♥子
Darling, please send him away and let love come into the house.
为什么你的头发中没有石南花的味道
Why isn’t there the smell of heather in your hair?
为何你不让我靠近
Why won’t you let me come near you?
你不是他们想得那样黑色的和可怕 你充满痛苦
You’re not black and horrible as they all think. You’re full of pain.
我能使你快乐 让我试试
I can make you happy. Let me try.
你不会遗憾 我将是你的奴隶