Oh, Jesus.
噢 天哪
Most everyone figured it was an intruder, but right off…
大部分人都认为是个贼干的 可是马上
Terry said it sounded like something James would be messed up in.
特里跟我说听起来詹姆斯像是搅在里面了
Has anybody else come up with this brilliant deduction?
还有别人得出这个聪明绝顶的结论吗
Well, not yet, but they will. It’s just a matter of time.
嗯 还没有 不过他们会的 不过是时间问题罢了
Come on. You don’t even know James.
拜托 你根本就不了解詹姆斯
Who does?
谁了解呢
I do. I do now.
我了解 现在了解了
I spent some time with him…
我跟他待了一阵
and I read something of his.
我也读了些他写的东西
His book? You read his book? Yes.
他的书 你读了他的书 是的
Is it good? It’s good. It’s very, very good.
好不好 写的好 是非常 非常好
It’s…It’s true.
这是 是真的
I knew it. So where is he now?
我就知道 那他现在在哪儿
I sent him home with his parents.
我让他父母带他回家了
What? What? His parents?
什么 什么 他的父母
Mmhmm. Why? Why did you do that for?
嗯哼 为什么 你是为了什么
Because under the circumstances…
因为当时那种情形下
I thought it was the best thing for him, but…
我认为对他来说那是最好的 可是
I’m beginning to think maybe it was the best thing for me.
我开始觉得可能这对我才是最好的
I just, uh…I wasn’t there for him.
我只是 啊 我没功夫陪他
Imagine that.
想像一下那个情景
Hannah, don’t you remember where you took James that day?
汉娜 你不记得那天你去哪儿接的詹姆斯了吗
Was it his aunt’s?
是他姑姑家吗
Yes. I told you. Sewickley Heights.
这就对了 我说过了 赛维柯里道
What was the address? Mmhmm.
地址是什么 嗯哼
I don’t know. He had me drop him on a corner.
我不知道 他在街角下的车
Call the university. I’m sure they know his address.
给大学打电♥话♥ 我肯定他们知道他的地址
Little late to call Ad missions.
现在打电♥话♥有点晚了
Is it a little late to call the chancellor, hmm?
给校长打电♥话♥也晚了点吗 嗯
I don’t know. Maybe. Hmm?
我不知道 或许吧 嗯
God, you really have just made an awful…
老天 你刚刚把事情搞了个
stinky little mess of everything, haven’t you?
一团糟 是不是
Is that it?
那个就是
Do not even think about it.
想都别想
Don’t go near it. No, no, no.
别靠近它 不会 不会 不会
Never without your permission, but that is a lot of book.
没有你的允许我决不会 不过那可真是本大部头
262 Baxter Drive.
巴克斯特道262号♥
They’re in the book.
就在电♥话♥簿里
I’ll drive. I’ll drive.
我来开车 我来开车
“The Love Parade. ”
“爱的巡礼”
I got a feeling about this. I feel this kid in my bones.
我有种感觉我从骨子里喜欢这个孩子
Only in your bones.
只能在骨子里
I’ve had this feeling before.
我以前也有过这感觉
Remember?
记得吗
It’s been a long time, but…
已经很长时间了 可是
How bad is it for you, Crabs?
对你来说有多糟 克拉伯
It’s pretty bad.
很糟糕
They’ve had enough of me.
他们受够我了
They look at me like I don’t work there anymore.
他们打量我的眼神就好像我不在那工作了
I guess I just don’t fit the new corporate profile.
我猜是我不适合新的企业形象了
Which is? Uh, gosh…
是什么 啊 是
Competence.
能力
This is it.
就是这了
I had no business…
我没有权利
trudging up to James Leer’s parents’ house…
在半夜踏入詹姆斯·李尔父母
in the middle of the night, not when all that really mattered…
的房♥子 现在真正要紧的
was trying to make things right with Sara.
是处理好萨拉的事情
But we had decided to rescue James Leer.
可是我们决定救出詹姆斯·李尔
I wasn’t quite sure from what…
我不太肯定救他逃出什么
because I was pretty much convinced that everything…
因为我绝对坚信所有
that came out of James’ mouth was basically horseshit.
出自詹姆斯嘴里的东西都是胡诌八扯
Yikes. Must be two dozen windows.
呀 足有两打的窗户
How are we supposed to find his?
我们怎么找到他那个呢
I told you. They keep him chained in the basement.
我说过了 他们把他锁在地下室里
But maybe that didn’t really matter.
不过可能那并不重要
Sometimes people just need to be rescued.
有时人们只是需要被拯救
Rodgers and Hart? Yeah.
罗杰斯与哈特 对
James Leer. James Leer.
詹姆斯·李尔 詹姆斯·李尔
Hey. What are you guys doing here?
嘿 你们跑这干嘛来了
Shh. We’re springin’ you, Jimmy. Put on some clothes.
嘘 我们来救你的 吉米穿上衣服
Whoa. Well, I, uh…I love what you’ve done with the place.
哇 啊 我 啊 我喜欢你布置的这地方
When’s Captain Nemo moving in?
尼莫船长什么时候搬进来的
I cannot believe that you made fu n of my bathrobe.
难以置信你竟然拿我的浴袍开玩笑
The candelabras were my great grandmother’s.
这个大烛台是我曾祖母留下来的
Please. Don’t start with the family history, all right?
求你了 别给我们讲家谱 好吗
I’ll leave you right here. I just want you to know…
你自己待着吧 我只是想告诉你
I heard everything…the parents and grandparents…
我什么都知道了 父母 祖父母
and the whole Chinatown thing.
还有中国城的那些事
I believe you. That’s why we’re here. Now go get dressed.
我相信你 所以我们才会来的 现在赶紧去穿上衣服
I mean, do you mind if I wear this again, Prof. Tripp?
我说 我还穿这件你不介意吧 崔普教授
Wear whatever you want to.
你想穿什么都行
He’s so modest. He’s so sensitive.
小伙真谨慎 他很敏感
Tripp, why don’t you cut the kid some slack?
崔普 你别逼那孩子那么紧好吗
These are all overdue library books, every one of them.
这些都是过期未还的图书馆的书 所有的都是
Then it looks like our Mr. Leer is facing some monster late fees.
那看起来李尔先生要被罚n多钱了
I just can’t believe all the shit he spins.
我只是无法相信他编的那些瞎话
Just once I’d like to know if the little bastard’s telling the truth.
只有一次我是想知道他说的是不是实话
Hey.

Check this out.
瞧这个
“Finally, the door opened. It was a shock to see him…
“最终 门打开了 看到他
shuffling into the room like an aging prizefighter…
像个被打得一败涂地的老拳手一样拖着脚走进房♥间
Limping, beaten.”
大家不由得惊呆了”
Does that sound like anyone we know?
听起来是不是像我们认识的什么人
“But it was later when the great man…
“可是直到片刻后巨人
squinted into the bitter glow of twilight-”
斜倚在夕阳那痛苦的余晖中”
“Twilight.” This kid definitely needs an editor.
“夕阳” 这孩子真是需要一个编辑
“And muttered simply,’ It means nothing.
“喃喃自语道 ‘一切都失去了意义
All of it. Nothing.’ that the true shock came.
所有的一切 毫无意义’时 真正的震撼才到来
It was then that the boy understood…
这个时候男孩才理解到
that his hero’s true injuries lay in a darker place.
他的英雄的真正的伤是在一个更隐秘的地方
His heart…”
他的心”
His heart what?
他的心如何
“His heart, once capable of inspiring others so completely…
“他的心 一旦完全激励了别人
could no longer inspire so much as itself.
就再也没有足够的能量来推动它自己了
It beat now only out of habit.
心现在的跳动只是出于惯性
It beat now only…
现在的跳动只是
because it could.”
因为它还可以”
I’m ready.
我准备好了
You all right, Prof. Tripp? He’s fine.
你没事吧 崔普教授 他很好
Can we go before Granny comes downand boils your bones for breakfast?
咱们能不能在你奶奶下来用你的骨头炖早餐之前赶紧离开呀
That could be a problem. She’s been coming down here…
那可是个问题 她每半个小时
every half-hour or so to check up on me…
都会下来看看我的情况
and if I’m not here, she might call the police or something.
我要是不在的话 她可能会叫警♥察♥或什么的
Okay. Decoy. We’ll put your pillows and a teddy bear under the spread.
那好 就设个套 往被子下面放个枕头和泰迪熊
She won’t know the difference. Like in Against All Flags…
她看不出来的 就像“海盗双雄”里面那样
only they used a couple of gigantic hams.
只不过他们是放了两只大火腿
No, no, no, no. I got a better idea.
不 不 不 不我有个更好的主意
Good night, sweet prince.
晚安 小王子
Let’s go upstairs.
上楼去吧
Bad vibes down here.
下面是一团糟
Things must’ve picked up after we left, huh, Grady?
我们走后得有人收拾东西 是吧 格雷迪
Good night, bro.
晚安 老兄
You’ve reached the home of Sara and Walter Gaskell.
这里是萨拉和沃尔特·加斯克尔家
Neither Walter or I can take your-
沃尔特和我都无法接听
Hello. Walter?
喂 沃尔特
Grady? Oh, Christ, Grady, do you know what time it is?
格雷迪 噢 老天 格雷迪 你知道现在几点吗
Yeah. I got, uh, 8:15.
是的 知道 啊 8:15
I don’t think that’s right, though.
可我觉得不对
It’s 3:30, Grady.
是3:30 格雷迪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!