You first.
你先说
This morning… I’m pregnant.
今天早晨 我怀孕了
I’m sure.
我确定
Well, that’s…that’s very surprising.
啊 这 真是很意外
Does Walter know that, uh-
沃尔特知道吗
I think Walter would find this a little more than surprising.
我想沃尔特会不只觉得意外的
Emily left me this morning.
艾米丽今早离我而去了
She’s left before.
她以前也走过啊
She’s left the room before, but she’s always come back.
她是离开过屋子 可是最后总会回来的
So.
那
I guess we just divorce our spouses, marry each other…
我想咱们应该先离婚 再结婚
and have this baby, right?
然后把孩子生下来 对吗
Simple.
简单
Yeah, right. Simple.
是的 没错 简单
Is that Cristalle?
这香水味是克莉斯苔拉
Mmhmm. Oh, God.
对 哦 天哪
I wear the same scent as a transvestite.
我竟然跟那个易装癖用的一种香水
She is a transvestite, isn’t she?
她是个易装癖者 是吧
If she’s not now, Terry’ll make sure she is…
即使她现在不是 特里今天晚上
by the end of the evening.
也能把她变成是
Has he asked you about the book yet?
他问你书的事了吗
Yes.
问了
And?
然后呢
Are you gonna tell him?
你要告诉他吗
No. Maybe. I don’t know what I’m gonna do.
不 或许吧我也不知道要怎么做
Me either.
我也是
DiMaggio’s record…
迪马吉奥在连续比赛中
for hits in consecutive games…
创造的击球记录
is probably the most impressive feat in all of sports…
恐怕是所有运动项目中最令人叹服的奇迹了
and in my opinion, will never be broken.
而且我认为 这个记录永远不可能被打破
Come here, big guy. His condition’s so sad.
到这来 大块头 他真是可怜
Yes, but even blind, he still gets around.
是的 不过即使是瞎了 他仍然会四处巡视
I don’t drink normally…
通常我是不喝酒的
but this was turning out to beone fucked-up day.
不过今天看来真是糟透了
And now I found myself in close proximity to Sara’s husband…
而且现在我发现自己跟萨拉的丈夫
and his dog, Poe.
还有他的狗 波 离的很近
Walter, I see you’ve met my friend. Oh, yes. She’s charming.
沃尔特 看来你是见过我的朋友了 哦 是的 她很迷人
Despite his much-vaunted Harvard education…
尽管他有值得大吹大擂的哈佛经历
Dr. Walter Gaskell didn’t have a clue about his wife and me.
沃尔特博士对他妻子和我的事却一无所知
Simply put, Di Maggio represented, metaphorically speaking, of course,
简单来说 比喻啦 当然是
the husband as slugger.
迪马吉奥作为一个击球手代表了丈夫的角色
Poe had been on to me since day one.
波从见我的第一天起就跟我不对眼
In fact, I personally believe…
事实上 我个人相信
that every woman in some way desires to be Marilyn Monroe.
每个女人在某种程度上都希望自己成为玛丽莲·梦露
Oh, I couldn’t agree more.
哦 完全同意
I’ve had a lot of successes over the years.
这些年来我取得了不少成就
Q. Q was rich.
Q Q很有钱
Q was famous.
也很有名
Q completed a novel every 18 months.
Q每18个月就完成一部小说
I hated him.
我恨他
…finest work vanished in less than five.
顶极的作品不到五年就已经看不到了
So I find myself conflicted.
所以我发现自己很矛盾
Ask him if he’s conflicted about his house in the Hamptons.
问问他是不是对他安普顿的房♥子感到矛盾
Grady. Well, Professor.
格雷迪 你好啊 教授
Q. for your information…
Q 仅供参考
Hannah already has two stories published…
汉娜已经在《巴黎评论》杂♥志♥上
in The Paris Review, so you better dust off your “A” material.
发表了两篇文章 所以你最好拿你最好的作品出来吹
You didn’t tell me you were a writer.
你没有告诉我你是个作家
You didn’t ask.
你没有问啊
How did you feel about the adaptation?
你对改编怎么看
I thought it was more literary than cinematic.
我觉得它更适于文学而不是影视
Grady.
格雷迪
Douglas Triddley, Amherst.
道格拉斯·特里德雷 阿穆赫斯特大学
I’ve had Arsonist’s Daughter…
我把《纵火犯的女儿》
on my graduate-studies syllabus three years running.
在我的研究生课程提纲里列了整整三年
No wonder it’s still in print.
显然书还在不停地印
Long time since Arsonist’s Daughter.
《纵火犯的女儿》出来可是好久了
There you are.
你在这儿啊
I could have sworn I had a bottle of 1975 Lafite Rothschild for Q.
我发誓要给Q一瓶1975年拉费堡红酒的
Given that he’s going to be addressing 500 people…
给了他这个 要不了一小时
in less than an hour-
他就会上台去给500人发表演说
You want to keep Q happy. If he’s happy, I’m happy.
你想讨Q的欢心 他高兴了 我就开心了
James?
詹姆斯
It’s fake. It was my mother’s.
是假的这是我妈妈的
She won it in a penny arcade in Baltimore…
她在巴尔地摩上教会学校时
when she went to Catholic school.
一次参加硬币游戏赢的
Well, that’s very convincing.
嗯 很有说服力
I used to shoot these little paper caps…
我过去喜欢射这些小纸弹
but they don’t make them anymore, the caps.
可是他们已经不再生产了 那些纸弹
It’s just for good luck, you know? Some people carry rabbit’s feet.
只是为了祝福好运 知道吗 某些人跑得跟兔子一样快
You carry firearms.
你带着武器
No, thank you. I don’t like to lose control of my emotions.
不 谢谢 我不喜欢情绪失控
I’m not supposed to be here, in case you’re wondering.
我本不是要来这儿的 如果你是纳闷这个的话
But the other night I was out with Hannah at the movies…
不过前一阵有天晚上汉娜和我去看电影
and she asked me since she was coming, so I ended up coming too.
她邀请我来 既然她来了 我也就过来了
You and, uh, Hannah, you’re seeing each other?
你和 啊 汉娜 你们在约会
No! What gave you that idea? James, relax.
不是 你怎么会这么想 詹姆斯 别紧张
I’m not her father. I just rent her a room.
我不是她老爸 我只是租给她一间房♥而已
She likes old movies like I do, that’s all.
她跟我一样喜欢老电影 仅此而已
What’s the movie you guys saw? Son of Fury…
你们去看的什么电影 《愤怒之子》
with Tyrone Power and Frances Farmer.
泰隆·鲍华和弗兰西斯·法默主演
She went crazy, Frances Farmer.
她最后疯了 弗兰西斯.法默
So did Gene Tierney.She’s in it too.
吉恩·蒂尔尼也是她也在片子里
Sounds like a good one. It wasn’t bad.
听起来是部好片子 还不错
You’re not like my other teachers, Prof. Tripp.
你跟其他教授不太一样 崔普教授
You’re not like my other students, James.
你跟其他学生不太一样 詹姆斯
Look, James…
那个 詹姆斯
about this afternoon in workshop, I’m sorry.
关于今天下午研讨会的事情 我很抱歉
I think I let things get a little out of hand.
我有点没有控制好讨论
They really hated it.
他们真的很讨厌那故事
I think they hated it more than any of the other ones.
我想相对其他人的作品他们更恨我这个
Well… Doesn’t matter.
其实 没关系
It only took mean hour to write.
那篇东西只费了我一个小时
Really? That’s remarkable.
真的 那可是不同寻常
I have trouble sleeping.
我总是睡不着觉
While I’m lying in bed, I figure them out, the stories.
我躺在床上的时候 故事就成型了
You cold, James? Oh, a little.
你冷吗 詹姆斯 哦 有点
Why don’t we go inside?
我们干嘛不进去说呢
It’s colder in there.
里面更冷
I guess you’re right.
我猜你是对的
Actually, I saw the greenhouse.
其实 我是看到了那个温室
I thought I’d come outside and take a look at it. It looks like heaven.
想着出来看个究竟 它看起来就像天堂一样
Looks like heaven? I saw a movie once.
像天堂 我看过一个电影
Part of it took place in heaven. Everyone wore white.
故事的一部分就发生在天堂每个人都身着白衣
Lived in crystal houses like that.
住在像那样的水晶房♥子里
I really should be going.
我真的该过去看看
Goodbye, Prof. Tripp. Hey, James.
再见 崔普教授 嘿 詹姆斯
James, don’t go. No.
詹姆斯 别走
There’s something I want you to see.
有些东西我想给你看
I’ll miss my bus. It’s worth it.
我会赶不上公车的 那也值得
Trust me.
相信我
Let me help you with that.
我来帮你
Thank you, dear. Thank you.
谢谢 亲爱的谢谢你
Come on.
跟我来
Hey, you two. James, are you riding with me?
嘿 你们两个詹姆斯 你跟我一起走吗
No, I’m going home… No, he’s going with me.
不 我要回家 不 他跟我一起走
Why don’t you take Crabtree and his friend? All right?
你带克拉伯雷和他的朋友吧 好吗
All right. Where are they anyway?
好吧 他们到底跑哪儿去了
Here we are.
在这里
Hmm. Well, hello there.
嗯 你好啊