因为他不是历史系的头.他只是历史系一员
Because he is not the History Department
He is only in it.
我们知道.玛莎. 你在楼上时我们就已经谈过
We went through that while you were upstairs.
没错.宝贝. 你让事情都简单化
That’s right, baby, keep it clean.
乔治深深的陷入历史系
George is bogged down in the History Department.
他在历史系中算是老资格
He’s an old bog in the History Department.
这就是乔治
That’s what George is…
他是一个老鸟 .老头
…A bog, a fen, a G.D. Swamp!
嘿.老头. 嘿.老头子
Hey, swamp! Hey, swampy!
是的.玛莎.我能为你服务吗
Can I get you something?
当然
Well, sure.
你可以帮我点烟.如果你不介意的话
You can light my cigarette if you’re of a mind to.
不.凡事都有界限
No. There are limits.
一个男人只能做.能够忍♥受的事情
A man puts up with only so much…
除非他退化成为你想要的
…before he descends on the
evolutionary ladder which is your line.
在黑暗中 . 当你害怕恶梦时.我会握住你的手
I’ll hold your hand when it’s dark
and you’re afraid of the bogeyman.
在午夜无人时.我会帮你倒酒
And I’ll tote your gin bottles
out after midnight so no one sees.
但是我不会帮你点烟.这是我的原则
But I will not light your cigarette.
And that, as they say, is that.
该死
Shit
你玩橄榄球吗? – 是的.我还是四分卫
Hey, you played football, huh? Yes, I was a quarterback.
但是我对拳击比较感兴趣. 拳击.你听到了吗.乔治
But I was much more adept at boxing.
Boxing? You hear that, George?
是的.玛莎
Yes.Matha
你一定非常厉害.脸上看不出有伤痕
Must’ve been good. Doesn’t look
like you got hit in the face.
他曾经是全美大学中量级的冠军
He was intercollegiate state middleweight champion.
亲爱的.你是啊
Well You are
看来.你还维持的不错.对吧
Still looks like you have a
pretty good body, is that right?
玛莎.一个高雅的人不应该 – 闭嘴
Decency forbids… – Shut up!
是真的吗? 你一直在锻练自己
Is that right? Have you kept your body up?
还不错.我常常去健身
It’s still pretty good. I work out.
是吗? 是的
Okay? Yes
他身体非常强壮
Yes, he has a very firm body.
是吗.我认为那非常棒
Have you? I think that’s very nice.
你永远不知道… 什么时候会派上用场
You know, once you have it, you never know…
…when it’ll come in handy!
我本来想说.直到必须放弃时才放弃
I say, why give it up until you have to?
完全正确
I couldn’t agree with you more!
完全正确
I couldn’t agree with you more!
玛莎.你的猥艺程度.已经超越人…
Your obscenity is beyond human…
乔治不喜欢关于身体的谈话.讲到有力的肌肉.他就不高兴
George here doesn’t cotton too much to body talk. Paunchy
isn’t happy when the talk moves to muscles.
你体重多少? – 大概155.150…
How much you weigh? -155,150…
还是在旧的中量级体重限制范围之内
Still at the old middleweight limit?
那非常好
That’s pretty good!
乔治.告诉他们.关于我们的拳赛
Tell them about the boxing match we had.
该死
Christ!
乔治.告诉他们吧
Tell them about it.
你告诉他们.你在那方面很行
You tell them, you’re good at it.
他还好吧. 当然
Is he all right? – Him? Oh,sure.
乔治和我在结婚后第二年举办了一次拳赛
We had this boxing match…
…a couple years after we married.
拳赛.你们两个. 真的吗
A boxing match? The two of you?
当然是我们两个
Yeah, the two of us. Really.
我想像不到
I can’t imagine it!
当然不在拳击场
Well, it wasn’t in a ring or anything like that.
我爸爸当时很迷健身
Daddy was on this physical fitness kick.
有一个星期天.他叫我们两个去
He had a couple of us over one Sunday
and we all went out back…
在后花♥园♥.爸爸戴上了拳击手套要乔治跟他打一回合
and Daddy put the gloves on himself and asked
George to box with him.
乔治不要
And George didn’t want to.
然后爸爸说“拜托.年轻人.你这女婿怎么当的”
So Daddy said, “Come on, young man!
What sort of a son-in-law are you?”
当他们两个在讲话时
And while this was going on
我不知道为什么.我自己戴上了拳击手套
I don’t know why I did it…
…I got into a pair of gloves myself…
然后我躲到乔治背后去.然后叫“嘿.乔治”
…and I snuck up behind George,
just kidding and yelled, “Hey, George!”
然后我就挥了一拳.当然.我只是在开玩笑
And let go with a sort of roundhouse right.
Just kidding, you know.
但是乔治很快的转过身.刚好打在他的下颚
And George wheeled around real quick
and caught it right in the jaw!
刚好打在他的下颚
He caught it right in the jaw!
他马上失去平衡. 一定会失去平衡
He was off-balance. He must have been.
And then he landed…
然后他倒在越橘树上
…flat in a huckleberry bush!
你已死了
Pow, you’re dead.
你哪里搞来这个东西了
Where’d you get that, you bastard?
有一段时间了.你喜欢.对吧
I’ve had it awhile. Liked that, did you?
大混♥蛋♥
Bastard!
好玩吗? 噢!好玩 那很棒.亲我一下
Oh, that was pretty good. Hey, give me a kiss.
他们会看到.亲我一下
Later, sweetie. – Give me a kiss.
所以这就是你想要的.给客人玩一些惊险游戏
So that’s what you’re after?
We having blue games for the guests?
一切都就绪.大家都玩的尽兴
Everything in its place.
Everything in it’s own good time.
喝吧. 喝光吧
Drinks now. Drinks for all.
杯底不要养金鱼
You’ve nibbled away at your glass.
我需要喝点东西.我从来没有这样被吓过
I need something.I was never so frightened in my life.
你不怕吗
Weren’t you frightened?
我不记得了. – 我猜你怕
I don’t remember. – I bet you were.
你以为我会杀掉你吗. – 杀了我.天大的笑话
Did you think I was going to kill you?
You? Kill me? That’s a laugh!
或许有一天我会. – 才怪
I might some day. Fat chance!
厕所在哪里.走廊尽头的右边
Where’s the john? Down the hall and right.
不要拿着假枪回来
Don’t come back with any guns or anything.
你不需要道具.对吧
You don’t need any props,do you,baby?
我想不需要
I’ll bet not.
你不需要假枪. 我可以把杯子放在这里吧?
No fake gun for you!
– May I leave my drink here?
为什么不行.玛莎走到哪里.就会有半杯酒摆在那里
Why not? We’ve got half-filled glasses wherever Martha left them.
衣橱里.浴缸里.有一次我在冰箱里还找到一杯
In the closet, the bathtub. I found one in the freezer.
你才没有. 是的 .我有
Oh, you did not! – Yes, I did.
你才没有 是的 .我有
Oh, you did not! – Yes, I did.
白兰地不会让你宿醉吗? 我从不混酒喝
Brandy gives you no hangover? – I never mix.
我也不会喝很多. 很好
I don’t drink very much either. – Oh, good.
你的丈夫刚刚提到染色体 – 什么
Your husband was telling us about chromosomes.
染色体.他是生物学家. 他在数学系教书
Chromosomes. He’s a biologist.
– He’s in the Math Department.
他是生物学家. 他在数学系教书
Biologist. – He’s in the Math Department!
生物系
Biology.
你确定吗? 我很确定
Are you sure? Well, I ought to be sure.
那他就是一位生物学家. 那也不错
So he’s a biologist. Good for him!
生物学家更好
Biology’s even better.
他都是研究肉. 你都是在研究肉
It’s at the meat of things.
You’re at the meat of things.
她以为你是在数学系任教. 或许我应该去
She thought you were Math Department.
– Maybe I ought to be.
你应该待在那里不要走.应该待在研究肉的地方
You stay right where you are.
Stay right at the meat of things.
你非常喜欢那个片语.玛莎 那很难听
You’re obsessed by that phrase. It’s ugly.
你待在那里不要走
You stay right there.
你可以随时随地掌管历史系
You can take over the History Department
as easy from there as any place else.
有一天一定会有人来掌管历史系
Somebody’s got to take over
the History Department some day.
绝对不是那个乔治亚州人.这点我很确定
And it ain’t gonna be Georgie-boy over there, that’s for sure.
你是个糟老头对吧
Are you swampy, are you?
对我来说
In my mind
你从脖子以下的地方都灌满了水泥
You are bedded in cement up to the neck.
如果能到鼻子.那就安静多了
No, up to the nose, it’s quieter.
你们的儿子什么时候… 什么
When is your son… What?
关于你们的儿子. 儿子
Something about your son.
你们的儿子什么时候… 你们的儿子在哪里
When is your son coming home?
玛沙.我们的儿子什么时候回家
When’s our son coming home?
不要提了
Never mind.
我想要知道.是你先说的.他什么时候回来
I want to know. You brought it up.
When’s he coming home?
我说不要提了
I said never mind.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!