一点白兰地.不混酒就不担心
A little brandy maybe.
Never mix, never worry!
白兰地.只要白兰地.那很简单
Brandy? Just brandy.
Simple, simple.
那你呢…
What about you…
波本酒.如果你不介意的话
Bourbon, if you don’t mind.
介意.我不介意.我当然不会介意
Mind? I don’t mind. Don’t think I mind.
玛莎.要喝酒吗
Martha, rubbing alcohol for you?
当然.不混酒就没关系
Sure. Never mix, never worry!
谁怕维吉尼亚狼
Who’s afraid of Virginia Woolf?
谁怕维吉尼亚狼.这真好笑.不是吗
Wasn’t that funny? That was so funny!
是的.我肚子笑的好痛
Yes, it was. I thought I’d bust a gut!
乔治认为不好笑
George didn’t think it was funny.
玛莎认为如果不笑到肚子痛.就不好笑
Martha thinks that unless you
bust a gut you’re not amused.
除非你笑的像土狼.不然你不是在笑
Unless you carry on like a hyena
you’re not having fun.
我玩的很尽兴.那个派对真棒
I certainly had fun.
It was a wonderful party!
没错.你♥爸♥爸人真的很棒 – 是的
It certainly was.
– Your father, he is so wonderful!
我告诉你… 他人真棒对吧
He’s quite a guy, isn’t he?
你们最好相信
You better believe it.
他真是不可思议
He’s a marvelous man.
我不是想毁谤他.我们都知道他是神
I’m not tearing him down. We know he’s a god.
我不准你批评我爸爸
You lay off my father.
当你和我一样.要参加这么多系的派对
When you’ve had as many faculty parties as I have…
事实上我非常喜欢
I rather appreciated it.
你会吗
You.way
我玩的非常高兴.我真的非常喜欢
I mean aside from enjoying it,I appreciated it.
可以认识新的朋友,要不就得待在
旅馆里.直到我们的住处都安排好了
Meeting, introducing, how he had us
stay at the Inn till our place is ready.
当我在肯萨斯教书时…
When I taught in Kansas…
你绝对不会相信.
You won’t believe it…
我们必须全靠自己.是不是.亲爱的
…but we had to make our way all by
ourselves. Isn’t that right, dear?
我们必须全靠自己
We had to make our own way.
在图书馆或是超♥市♥.我必须去找那些教授太太
I’d have to go up to the wives
in the library or the supermarket…
然后说.哈啰.我是新来的
…and say, “Hello, I am new here.”
你一定是某某太太.某某教授的太太
“You must be Mrs. So-and-so,
Doctor So-and-so’s wife.”
感觉真的不是很好
It really wasn’t very nice at all.
爸爸知道怎么样处理事情.他人非常好
Daddy knows how to run things.
He’s a remarkable man.
没错
You bet your sweet life.
我告诉你们一个秘密
I’ll tell you a secret.
世界上有很多更轻松的事.如果你在大学教书
There are easier things in this world,
if you teach at the university…
一定有比跟校长女儿结婚更轻松的事
…than being married to the daughter of…
…the president of that university.
这一定是一个很好的机会
There are easier things.
对某些人来说.这是一生难得的机会
It’s a great opportunity. For some men
it would be the chance of a lifetime.
相信我.世界上还有更轻松的事
There are, believe me,
easier things in this world.
有些人甚至会放弃掉右手.来换取这个机会
Some men would give their right arm for the chance!
事实上.这种牺牲.会失去更多的肢体
In reality that sacrifice is of a more
private portion of the anatomy.
你们可不可以告诉我.哪里是…
Could you show me where the…
你还好吧
Are you all right?
当然.亲爱的.我只是想补个妆
Of course, dear. I just want to
put some powder on my nose.
玛莎.你能不能带她去厕所
Show her where we keep the euphemism?
什么
What
我很抱歉.我要带你参观房♥子
I’m sorry. I want to show you the house anyway.
我们马上回来.亲爱的
We’ll be back, dear.
老实说.乔治.你一直在吐我槽
Honestly, George, you burn me up!
你真的有
You really do!
玛莎.闭上你的嘴巴.不要说一些不该说的
Don’t shoot your mouth off
about you-know-what.
我想说什么就说什么 – 赶快消失吧
I’ll talk about any goddamn thing I want to!
Okay, vanish!
我想说什么就说什么 – 赶快消失吧
Any goddamn thing I want! – vanish!
你还想喝什么
What’ll it be?
我还是喝波本酒好了
I’ll stick to bourbon.
你是在数学系教书对吧
You’re in the Math Department?
不是
No.
不是
No
玛莎是这样说.我想她是这样说
Martha said so.I think that’s what she said.
为什么你决定要当老师
Why’d you decide to be a teacher?
我想和你有一样的原因
The same things that motivated you,I imagine.
是什么? 对不起.能不能再说一次
Oh? What were they?
那到底我是什么原因
What were the things that motivated me?
我确定我不知道
Well, I’m sure I don’t know.
你刚刚说的.我们两个的原因是一样的
You said the things that motivated you
and me were the same.
我说我想可能是. 是吗?
I said I imagined they were.
Oh, did you?
你喜欢这里吗
You like it here?
还不错
Yes, it’s fine.
我是说大学 – 我以为你说…
I meant the university.
我是说大学. -我觉得还不错
I know. I meant the university.
Well, I like it fine.
还好
It’s fine
你在这里待了很久对吧
You’ve been here for quite a long time haven’t you?
什么
Oh
是的.从我和她结婚后 她叫什么名字.玛莎
Yes. Ever since I married what’s-her-name. Martha.
在那之前.直到永远
Even before that. Forever.
希望和好的意义都破灭了. 好.很好.最好的
Dashed hopes and good intentions.
Good, better, best, bested!
你觉得刚刚词语变化如何
How do you like that for a declension?
先生.我很抱歉.你还没有回答我的问题
You didn’t answer my question.
不要太虚伪
Don’t condescend.
我问你.你喜不喜欢刚刚的语词变化
I asked you how you liked that declension.
好.很好.最好.最好的
Good, better, best, bested!
我不知道该怎么说. -你不知道该怎么说
I don’t know what to say.
You don’t know what to say?
你要我怎么回答.如果我说很有趣.你就说这是悲哀
Shall I say it’s funny, so you can say it’s sad?
或者.如果我说很悲哀.那你是不是会说很有趣
Or shall I say it’s sad so you can say it’s funny?
这是你的游戏. 随便你怎么玩
You can play that game!
非常好. – 我太太一回来.我想我们就…
Very good! – I think we’ll just…
冷静一下…好吗
Now, calm down. Just calm down. All right?
你要不要再喝一杯.让我来倒
Another drink? Here.
这杯还没喝完.还是等我太太回来.走
I still have one.And when my wife comes down…
让我给你重新倒一杯
What I mean is
我是说.你和你太太好像是在…
You and your wife seem to be having some sort of a…
玛莎和我并没有在干嘛.我们只是在练习而已
Martha and I are having nothing.
Martha and I are merely exercising.
我们只是在使用剩下的智慧. 不要理我
We’re walking what’s left of our wits.
Pay no attention.
我还是觉得… 坐下来聊聊天吧
Now let’s sit down and talk, huh?
我只是不想介入别人的家务事
It’s just I don’t like to become
involved in other people’s affairs.
你会适应的.这是个小学校.吵架是一项运动
You’ll get over that. Small college.
Musical beds is the faculty sport.
先生
Sir?
不要介意.我希望你不要再叫我“先生”
Never mind. I wish you wouldn’t go “sir.”
你年纪多大
How old are you?
二十八. – 我要过四十了
Twenty-eight. – I’m forty-something.
你不会很惊讶吗.我看起来很老
Aren’t you surprised? Don’t I look older?
我认为你看起来很不错
I think you look fine.
我总是比较瘦.我打手球 – 你有多重
I’ve always been lean. I play handball.
How much do you weigh?
你大概是155-160磅.对吧 你打手球吗
155,160, something like that?
You play handball?
不是很好. 我们可以平时一起打
Not very well.
– We’ll play sometime.
玛莎是108…岁.她的体重比这个数字还重
Martha is 108… years old.
She weighs somewhat more than that.
你太太几岁
How old is your wife?
她26
She’s twenty-six.
玛莎是个不平凡的女人.如果110磅的话
Martha is a remarkable woman.
I imagine she weighs around 110.
你太太重…
Your wife weighs…
不.是你太太.我太太是玛莎
No, my boy, your wife.My wife is Martha.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!