《美国生活》
“今天我终于要鼓起勇气 走过去
“Today’s gonna be the day when I’m gonna get in there
和红发女孩交谈了”
and I’m gonna finally talk to that little red-haired girl.”
“就是今天” 然后那天从没到来
“Today’s gonna be the day.” And then it never ever comes.
爱情让你做奇怪的事
你真有才华 史洛德
You’re so talented, Schroeder.
你觉得你的音乐是别人喜欢你的原因吗
Do you think your music is the reason people like you?
可能确实如此 查理·布朗 但这有些讽刺
That may be true, Charlie Brown, but it’s sort of ironic,
因为我喜欢弹琴的
since one of the things I like most
原因之一是能享受独处
about playing music is the solitude.
你的音乐似乎能表现你的为人
It’s like your music represents who you are.
不知什么样的音乐能表现我
I wonder what music would represent who I am.
你的作文写的怎么样了 查理·布朗
How’s your essay coming along, Charlie Brown?
我的投影片帮忙了吗
Did my slideshow help?
史洛德 你想我了吗
Hi, Schroeder. Did you miss me?
多年来 《花生漫画》和史帕基一同成长变化
Over the years, Peanuts grew and changed just like Sparky did.
而且漫画的主旨也并不只是为了搞笑
And it wasn’t always just about being funny.
我自己的孩子长大了
My own children grew up,
连环画变得不那么面向儿童
the strip became really less kid-oriented.
而是变得更加抽象
The strip has become more abstract,
孩子其实真的就是大人的漫画形式
and the kids are really just caricatures of what adults are
夸张地表述了大人的问题
and the problems that adults have
和大人在实际生活中说的话
and the things that adults really say.
这是个可爱的漫画 有趣的角色 逗乐的瞬间
It’s a cute little cartoon, funny characters, funny moments.
但它的内涵也很深刻
But it also is kind of deeper.
漫画角色都很复杂
The characters are so complex,
拉洛·阿尔卡拉斯
《蟑螂》漫画家
他们会谈论人的感受
and they’re talking about human feelings
情绪 人类的境况
and emotions, you know, the human condition.
我觉得要说捕捉情感
I think he was one of the best
他绝对是数一数二的
when it came to capturing the mood.
艾尔·罗克
记者
他捕捉到了整个国家的情感
He captured the mood of the country.
我感觉他一直
I feel like he always was
比莉·简·金
网球冠军兼积极分子
在寻觅真♥相♥ 并讲述真♥相♥
searching for the truth and telling the truth.
史帕基想让世界对所有人公平
Sparky wanted the world to be equal for everyone,
这就是他的真♥相♥
and that’s what his truth is.
20世纪60年代后期 史帕基创造了薄荷·派蒂
In the late 1960s, Sparky created Peppermint Patty,
一个独♥立♥女孩 生活在单亲家庭中
an independent girl living with a single parent,
她违反了校规 穿着拖鞋和短裤来学校
who broke her school dress code by wearing sandals and shorts.
她那么与众不同
She was so different.
她不是漫画中常出现的
She was not the stereotypical female character
带刻板印象的女性角色
you would see on the comics page.
她非常我行我素
She’s totally her own person.
她个性独特 而且她喜欢独特
She’s just, like, so unique, and she’s comfortable being unique
米娅·切赫
演员
特立独行
and in her own skin.
薄荷·派蒂成绩很差
Peppermint Patty gets terrible grades.
她总在课上打瞌睡
She’s always falling asleep in class.
但她是个绝佳的投手
But she’s a great pitcher.
而且她每次都打败查克的棒球队
And she beats Chuck’s baseball team every time.
詹妮弗·芬妮·鲍兰
作家
有时甚至比分为100比1
Sometimes by, like, you know, 100-1.
爱运动的薄荷·派蒂
Sports-loving Peppermint Patty
部分是受史帕基的朋友 比莉·简·金启发
was partially inspired by Sparky’s friend, Billie Jean King,
史上最优秀的网球选手之一
one of the greatest tennis players of all time.
当你看到女性 女孩运动时
You saw the women, the girls in sports,
当然 作为女性 我会认为”这太棒了”
which of course, as a girl, I’m like, “That’s great.”
史帕基是真正的女权主义者
Sparky was really a feminist.
在《花生漫画》的世界里
In the world of Peanuts,
史帕基总是确保女孩与男孩一样强壮
Sparky always made sure that the girls were just as strong,
通常甚至更加强壮
and often even stronger than the boys.
大胆说出来
连环画毫无疑问映照了我们的文化
The comic strips really have mirrored our culture.
而且很可能薄荷·派蒂
And it just may be that Peppermint Patty
代表了孩子中的新风尚
does represent a new trend among kids
个性更独♥立♥ 更勇于发言
to be more independent and to speak out.
“我来了 伙计 有本事就阻止我”
“Here I come, fella! Stop me if you can!”
客场12分 主场0分

Yeah!
太好了
Yes!
比赛打得漂亮 查克
Good game, Chuck.
但你刚才看着有些分心
But you looked a little distracted up here.
我很意外你的队伍经理还让你投球
I’m surprised your team’s manager didn’t pull you off the mound.
他就是经理 先生
He is their manager, sir.
你还好吗 查理·布朗
Are you okay, Charlie Brown?
是因为家庭作业
It’s this homework assignment.
我得搞清楚自己生命的意义
I have to figure out the meaning of my life.
天呐 查克 那太难了
Boy, Chuck, that is a tall order.
我真高兴我们的老师没给我们留作业
I sure am glad our teacher didn’t give us any homework.
我们这周每天都有作业 先生
We’ve had homework every day this week, sir.
生命的意义是
The meaning of life is
所有人都在思索的问题
something people have always wondered about,
查理·布朗
Charlie Brown.
我爷爷总说我们生活的主要意义
My grandfather always said that our main purpose in life
就是爱与被爱
is to give and receive love.
他也经常叹气
He also used to sigh a lot.
我不知道是否有人会爱我
I don’t know if anyone could ever love me.
我之前找露西帮忙了
I asked Lucy for help,
但她只说了我的缺点
but all she did was tell me what’s wrong with me.
我就没有优点吗
Is there anything right with me?
当然有 查克 你有很多优秀品质
Absolutely, Chuck. You’ve got plenty of good qualities.
真的 比如什么 给我举个例子
I do? Like what, for example?
你很善良
Well, you’re very kind.
你也很大方
And you’re generous.
别忘了爱帮忙 你非常爱帮忙 查克
And don’t forget helpful. You’re super helpful, Chuck.
善良 大方和爱帮忙 谢谢 小伙伴
Kind, generous and helpful. Thanks, guys!
露西 知道吗
Hey, Lucy. Guess what?
你错了 我善良 大方还爱帮忙
You were wrong. I’m kind, generous and helpful.
他们当然会这么说 查理·布朗
Of course they would say that, Charlie Brown.
你善良是因为你的投球很容易击中
You’re kind because your pitches were so easy to hit.
你大方是因为你给他们好多全垒打
You were generous to give them so many runs.
而且你帮助了他们赢得比赛
And you helped them win the game.
你这气叹的就像我爷爷 查理·布朗
You sound just like my grandfather, Charlie Brown.
富兰克林·阿姆斯特朗是最后一位加入
Franklin Armstrong was one of the last major characters
花生小分队的主要角色
to join the Peanuts Gang.
而他的出现 彻底改变了漫画
And when he arrived, he changed the comics forever.
我八年级时
I was in eighth grade
艾尔·罗克
记者
富兰克林在《花生漫画》中出场了
when Franklin made an appearance in Peanuts.
我记得自己想着 哇 这是个黑人角色
And I remember thinking, “Wow.” Here was a Black character.
这是个黑人小孩
Here was a Black kid.
我看着这个连环画
Here I am reading this comic strip,
突然里面出现了一个小孩
and all of a sudden there’s a kid in there
长得跟我一样
that looks like me.
现在来看这或许没什么 但在1968年
It may not seem like a big deal today, but in 1968,
黑人白人小孩在漫画中
Black and white kids playing together
一起玩耍是个大事件
in a comic strip was a huge deal.
他在连环画中引入富兰克林的那年是1968年
When he brought Franklin into the strip, it was 1968,
罗伯·阿姆斯特朗
《助推》漫画家
那时城市怒火中烧
and the cities were burning
因为金博士刚被刺杀
because of Dr.King being assassinated.
马丁·路德·金博士
Dr. Martin Luther King,
民权运动中非暴♥力♥活动的倡导者
the apostle of nonviolence in the civil rights movement,
在田纳西州孟菲斯被枪杀身亡
has been shot to death in Memphis, Tennessee.
一位女士联♥系♥了史帕基 她叫哈莉特·格里克曼
And a woman contacted Sparky. Her name was Harriet Glickman.
她说 “是时候了
She said, “It’s time for you,
用你的画板 舒尔茨先生
with this platform you have, Mr. Schulz,
来做点什么”
to do something.”
她说”我觉得你该在《花生漫画》中画个黑人孩子”
She said, “I think you should add a Black child in Peanuts.”
他回答 “我做不到
He’s like, “I can’t.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!