and I’ll tell you what you are.”
我结交什么样的人 那是什么意思
What company I keep? What does that mean?
意思是你应该问问你的朋友 查理·布朗
It means you should look to your friends, Charlie Brown.
和你经常在一起的人 也许他们可以帮到你
The people you spend your time with. Maybe they can help.
我说不好 莱纳斯 感觉不太可能
I don’t know, Linus. It seems impossible.
打起精神来 查理·布朗
Cheer up, Charlie Brown.
你有整整一周时间来找到
You have a whole week to find the answers
生命最基本问题的答案
to life’s most fundamental questions.
史帕基总是说他和查理·布朗很像
Sparky always said he was a lot like Charlie Brown,
但实际上史帕基的一部分
but there’s actually a bit of Sparky
融入到了《花生漫画》的所有角色中
in almost all the Peanuts characters.
他就是你想象中的
He was exactly the person
佩奇·布拉多克
漫画家兼创意公♥司♥创意总监
《花生漫画》的创始人
you would hope the creator of Peanuts would be.
他就像所有笔下人物的集♥合♥体
He is sort of all his characters in one person.
莱纳斯代表了舒尔茨先生哲学的一面
Linus is the philosophical part of Mr. Schulz.
凯伦·约翰逊
查尔斯·M·舒尔茨博物馆前馆长
拥有哲学思维 有话要说
You know, has the philosophy, has something to say.
他哲学的一面不易被人察觉 就和史帕基一样
He’s quietly philosophical. That’s kinda what Sparky was like.
莱纳斯总是在问一些更宏大的问题
Linus is always asking these bigger questions about
关于人生的意义 我们在宇宙中的位置
the meaning of life and our place in the universe
以及他们之间的联♥系♥
and how it all fits together.
“人生很艰难 不是吗 查理·布朗”
“Life is difficult, isn’t it, Charlie Brown?”
我认为我和莱纳斯有共鸣 因为
I think I related to Linus because of–
奇普·基德
作家兼平面设计师
我也有一条安全毛毯
Well, I had a security blanket.
我以前也随身带着一条蓝色毛毯
I used to, like, also carry around a blue blanket,
基斯·L·威廉姆斯
演员
所以我很感同身受
so I just really relate to him.
我也有一条毛毯
I, too, had a blankie.
德鲁·巴里摩尔
演员兼制片人
我以前曾经站在我妈妈去的
And I used to stand in front of the washer-dryer
自动洗衣店的洗衣烘干机前
at the Laundromat my mom went to,
对着洗涤和烘干大哭
crying on the wash cycle, and then crying on the dryer cycle.
所以大家都叫我莱纳斯
And so everybody called me Linus.
莱纳斯有时候很聪明 有时候很笨
Linus can be very smart. He can be dumb.
有时候很天真 有时候也无所不知
He can be innocent. He can be all-knowing.
他的性格本质
The nature of his personality
引领他产生许多不同的想法
lends himself to all sorts of ideas.
莱纳斯和查理·布朗
Linus and Charlie Brown
表现出了史帕基性格中温柔的一面
showed the sweet side of Sparky’s personality.
然而 莱纳斯的姐姐露西…
Linus’s big sister, Lucy, on the other hand…
露西真的很刻薄
Lucy’s really mean.
“你是一个无聊透顶的人 查理·布朗”
“You’re a very boring person, Charlie Brown.”
吵闹 还令人害怕
And loud and kind of scary.
露西很有趣 但她也真的很刻薄
Lucy is funny, but she’s really mean.
保罗·费格
电影制♥作♥人
大部分人都不喜欢露西因为她的刻薄
Most of us don’t like Lucy ’cause she’s so mean.
但与此同时
But at the same time,
她过于夸张的刻薄又看起来十分有趣
she’s so over-the-top mean that it’s kinda funny.
每个人都知道拿橄榄球的露西是什么意思
Everybody knows what Lucy with the football means.
查理·布朗正在狂奔 然后露西把球拿走
Charlie Brown’s, like, running, and Lucy pulls away the football,
诺亚·施纳普
演员
然后他大喊一声 摔个四脚朝天
and he screams and he falls on his back.
她又来了
太经典了
Classic.
哪个角色我最能感同身受
Which of the characters do I feel in closest sympathy with?
我都喜欢 因为他们每个人都像是我的一部分
I like them all because each one is probably a little bit of myself.
露西就像是我嘲讽挖苦别人的一面
The sarcastic part of me belongs to Lucy.
我优柔寡断的一面则像查理·布朗
The wishy-washy part of me belongs to Charlie Brown.
我再也受不了了
而梦想家的一面自然就属于史努比了
And the dreamer belongs, of course, to Snoopy.
史努比
Snoopy.
如果说查理·布朗和其他孩子们
While Charlie Brown and the other kids
有点像史帕基本人的话
were a bit like Sparky himself,
天空便是史努比的极限
the sky was the limit with Snoopy.
史努比是一只拒绝承认自己身份的狗
Snoopy was a dog who refused to be a dog,
他有着非常远大的抱负 是吧
and he was very aspirational, right?
天哪 我爱死史努比了 他既可爱又有趣
Oh, my God. I love Snoopy. He’s so cute and so funny.
米娅·切赫
演员
每个人都爱史努比 因为他代表了
Everyone loves Snoopy because he represented
我认为我们都想成为的样子
what I think we all wanted to be.
就好像 “今天我假装
You go, “Okay, today, I’m pretending
是一名世界大战中的王牌飞行员
I’m a World War flying ace.
明天我就装成一名电影明星” 之类的
Tomorrow, I’m pretending I’m a movie star.” Whatever it is.
史努比活在自己的世界中 有着许多幻想
Snoopy kinda lives his own life and has all these fantasies.
但其实史努比也源于史帕基的真实生活
But even Snoopy came from someplace in Sparky’s life that was real.
史努比的原型是我十三岁时
Snoopy really is based upon a dog that I had
养的一只狗
when I was about 13 years old.
凯文·史密斯
电影制♥作♥人
为什么史努比会打曲棍球会滑冰呢
There’s a reason Snoopy played hockey and ice-skated,
因为舒尔茨也会
’cause Schulz did as well.
受罚席
就像所有优秀的创作者一样
So, like all the best creators,
他将自己融入了作品之中
there’s a lot of himself in the work,
你能从他笔下角色的言谈和他们的爱好中
that you can kind of see in what the characters speak about
看到创作者的影子
and the things they’re also fans of.
这篇作文我必须拿高分
I’ve gotta get a good grade on this essay.
也许我应该找专业人士帮忙
Maybe I should talk to a professional.
心理咨♥询♥ 五美分一次
医生来了
你好 查理·布朗 有什么问题吗
Hi, Charlie Brown. What seems to be the problem today?
课上布置的作文我写不出来 露西
I’m having trouble writing my essay for class, Lucy.
你能帮忙吗
Can you help?
当然能 我能想到很多
Absolutely. I’ve actually thought a lot
关于你和你的缺点
about you and your imperfections.
我的缺点 我不确定这能帮我
My imperfections? I’m not sure that is going to help with my–
听着 查理·布朗
Listen, Charlie Brown.
认识自己最好的方式
There’s no better way to learn who you are
就是由专业人士点出你的众多缺点
than to have your many faults pointed out by a professional.
我的众多缺点
My many faults?
没错
Exactly.
我创立了一套专有系统
And I’ve created a proprietary system
我认为你会从中受益匪浅
that I think you’ll find very enlightening.
别客气 查理·布朗
Make yourself comfortable, Charlie Brown.
我准备了几百张投影片
I’ve prepared a few hundred slides
来阐述你的众多弱点和短处
to illustrate your many flaws and foibles.
请关灯
Lights, please.
让我们从你的早年经历开始
Let’s start with your early years.
老好人查理·布朗
是 先生
正如你所见 从一开始
As you can see, from the very beginning,
老好人查理·布朗
你就不受人喜欢
you were not well-liked.
我太讨厌他了
你跟”讨喜”不沾边
Popularity eluded you.
你跟同龄人从来都不同调
You never really measured up to your peers.
看到没
See?
现在注意看
Now, pay attention.
如果我们再深入挖掘 就会发现规律
If we dig deeper, we’ll see that a pattern emerges,
不断失败的规律
a pattern of repeated failure.
在你的管理下
Under your management,
你参加过的每一场棒球比赛 你的队伍都输了
your baseball team has lost every game you’ve ever played.
我们还是赢过几次的
Well, we’ve won a few times.
是的 但也只是在你摔断胳膊的时候
Yes, but that was only when you broke your arm.
继续聊体育的事
Continuing with the sports theme,
你从来就没踢到过橄榄球 从来没有
you’ve never managed to kick a football, ever.
看到没
See?
即使不是团队运动 你还是会失败
Even when you’re not playing a team sport, you still fail.
你自己也是输 组队还是输
You fail alone and with others.
现在 我们再来看看情人节
Now, let’s take a look at Valentine’s Day.
糟糕
够了 我再也受不了了
Enough! I can’t take it anymore.
希望我对你写作文有所帮助
I hope I helped with your essay!
几天内我要看到明细账单
Expect an itemized bill in a few days!
失败 失败 失败

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!