And he felt very left out
被忽略了 被排除在外
and isolated because of that.
那晚我必须到明尼苏达州的斯内林堡报到
The night that I had to report back to Fort Snelling
她说 “我们该说再见了
in Minnesota, she said, “I think we should say goodbye
因为这可能是我们最后一次见面了”
because we will probably never see each other again.”
然后我就走了
And off I went.
一谈到母亲的去世
He would get very depressed, visibly shaken,
琳·约翰斯通
《无论好坏》漫画家
他的情绪就变得非常沮丧 身体颤抖
when he talked about the death of his mother.
一想到这件事他就会哭泣
Really did reduce him to tears.
他这一生
It left him, probably, with something
大概都在思考这件事
that he thought about all his life.
“这一切都很奇怪
“It’s all very strange.
你一个人走着 没有想什么特殊的事
You can be walking along, not thinking of anything in particular.
突然 你就想到了一份失去的爱…”
Suddenly, you’re reminded of a lost love…”
注意 立正
Ten-hut!
我不知道自己是如何捱过那些日子的
I don’t know how I ever survived those days though.
那是很久以前了
It’s a long time ago,
但我永远无法忘记
but those are some things that you just never forget.
年轻的史帕基之前从没在外留宿过
Young Sparky had never spent a single night away from home.
但在战争期间
But during the war,
他远离家乡 去了法国和德国
he traveled all the way to France and Germany.
在他服役期间
Throughout his time in the service,
史帕基总是很想家 很孤独
Sparky was often homesick and lonely,
所以他就像小时候那样画画
so he drew pictures, just as he had when he was a kid.
他去哪里都把速写本带在身上
He brought his sketchbook everywhere he went.
《就像我们从前那样》
当战争结束 他回到家时 比从前更加坚定
And when the war was over, he came home more determined than ever
要成为一名漫画家
to make it as a cartoonist.
哥哥 帮我看看我的数学作业吧
Big brother, I need help with my math homework.
你看不到我正忙着写作文吗
Can’t you see I’m busy writing my essay?
是关于什么的
What’s it about?
关于我是谁
It’s about who I am.
你是谁 我来告诉你你是谁
Who you are? I’ll tell you who you are.
你是我的哥哥
You’re my big brother.
如果你不帮我写数学作业
And you’re a lousy big brother
你就是个糟糕的哥哥
if you don’t help me with my math homework.
快 看这里
Here, take a look at this.
真是的
Good grief.
好吧 如果你有两个苹果 我又给你三个
Okay. If you have two apples, and I give you three more,
那么你一共有多少苹果
how many apples do you have?
管他呢
Who cares?
我一次最多就吃一个苹果
I’ve never eaten more than one apple at a time.
再说 谁来分发这些苹果
And who’s handing out all these apples anyway?
看来我的作文要晚些时候才能写好了
I guess my essay will have to wait until later.
史帕基渴望成为漫画家的想法超越了一切
Sparky wanted to be a cartoonist more than anything.
就像查理·布朗一样 他一直尝试
Just like Charlie Brown, he kept on trying.
也正像查理·布朗一样 他一直失败
And just like Charlie Brown, he kept on failing.
我给《星期六晚报》寄了十幅漫画
I would send in ten cartoons to The Saturday Evening Post.
美国
邮箱
寄出它们后 我就开始画连环画
While they were out, I’d be working on my comic strip.
当我寄出连环画后
And when I mailed in the comic strip,
我就再画些别的
I’d be working on something else.
史帕基的一些漫画出版了
Sparky was able to get a few of his cartoons published,
但那时查理·布朗或史努比还没有诞生
but they didn’t have Charlie Brown or Snoopy in them yet.
你总会觉得 只要卖♥♥出去第一份
Now, you always think that the first sale you make
接下来就好办了 但现实并非如此
is gonna open up everything to you, but it doesn’t work that way.
我卖♥♥了两三份 但突然间
I sold two or three and then, suddenly,
我好几个月都卖♥♥不出去一份
I couldn’t sell any for months.
五年来 史帕基不断尝试 又不断失败
For five years, Sparky tried and failed.
他开始明白了一些事情
And then he started to realize something.
小伙伴们
史帕基画
他开始绘制连环画《小伙伴们》
He drew this comic strip called Li’l Folks,
他创作了一个叫做查理·布朗的角色
which featured a character called Charlie Brown
凯文·史密斯
电影制♥作♥人
又创作了一只狗的卡♥通♥形象
and featured a dog
和史努比不完全一致 但很相近了
that didn’t quite look like Snoopy but was close enough.
我渐渐发现 我画的小孩漫画
I discovered, little by little, that when I drew little kids,
这种类型是编辑们
these seemed to be the type of cartoons
最喜欢的漫画
that editors liked the best.
他的作品终于开始得到认可
His work was finally starting to catch on.
在1950年的一天
And one day in 1950,
史帕基第一次出版了连环画《花生漫画》
Sparky published his first Peanuts comic strip.
今日开始连载
《花生漫画》
第一♥期♥连环画里有三个角色
The first strip that ever appeared showed three characters.
看 老好人查理·布朗来了
其中有一个叫做派蒂的小女孩
One of them was a little girl named Patty,
还有一个叫做雪米的小男孩
and another was a little boy named Shermy.
老好人查理·布朗 是 先生
查理·布朗也在连环画中
And Charlie Brown was in the strip,
他在他们面前走过
and he came walking by in front of them.
他来了 查理·布朗来了
There he is. There goes Charlie Brown.
“老好人查理·布朗”
“Good ol’ Charlie Brown.”
而他一走 雪米就说 “我太讨厌他了”
Then as soon as he’s gone, he’s like, “Boy, how I hate him.”
我太讨厌他了
这实在是
Like, it’s so–
太残忍♥了 是吧
That’s harsh, right?
罗伯·阿姆斯特朗
《助推》漫画家
但童年就是如此
But that’s childhood.
孩子很粗暴 孩子们对待彼此的方式
Kids are rough. It’s like the way kids treat each other
德鲁·巴里摩尔
演员兼制片人
告诉你要建立起自己的盔甲
is what sort of helps inform you to build up your armor.
然后你就要花上余生
And then you have to spend the rest of your life
来卸下这副盔甲
remembering to take off the armor.
不久之后 全美的观众
Before long, people all over America
都爱上了老好人查理·布朗
were falling in love with good ol’ Charlie Brown.
我能和这个角色产生共鸣
Here’s a character I can relate to
保罗·费格
电影制♥作♥人
我也是个怪胎 我和我的感受并不被接受
who’s clearly as nerdy or just as not accepted as I am, or as I feel.
这很重要
That was a huge thing.
詹妮弗·芬妮·鲍兰
作家
我们会看到查理·布朗被霸凌
We would see Charlie Brown being bullied.
你会支持查理·布朗 因为他受了很多伤害
You’d root for Charlie Brown because he was so painfully human.
即使前路困难 他还是会不断前进
He keeps going even when it gets tough.
米娅·切赫
演员
他会重新振作 再次尝试
He gets right back up and tries again.
基斯·L·威廉姆斯
演员
我觉得这样真的很棒
So that’s, like, really cool to me.
史帕基的梦想终于成真
Sparky’s dream was finally coming true,
他通过做自己 实现了梦想
and he did it by just being himself.
这一切都与查理·布朗有关
This whole business about Charlie Brown.
这是关于我悲惨岁月的记忆
These are memories of my own miserable days.
《花生漫画》我今天不能去 露西
当经理我还不够格 我很害怕
害怕 为什么
你真是个傻瓜
我认为查理·布朗和每个人内心的自己
I think Charlie Brown is just a little bit
都有一点相似
of what all of us have inside of us.
主要是我 我就是查理·布朗本人
Mainly me. Mainly, I’m Charlie Brown.
莱纳斯
Linus,
我要怎么凑出五百字的关于自我的作文呢
how am I supposed to come up with 500 words about myself?
我没有什么值得写的东西
There’s nothing about me that’s worth writing down.
这项作业对你来说也许是个好机会
This assignment is actually a great opportunity for you,
查理·布朗
Charlie Brown.
什么机会
An opportunity for what?
这是一个让你扪心自问
It’s a chance to ask yourself
关于生命本质问题的机会
some of life’s most essential questions.
我是谁 我为什么在这里
Who am I? Why am I here?
我在世界上的意义是什么
What is my purpose in the world?
真是的 我怎么可能解决那些问题
Good grief. How am I supposed to figure out all of that?
查理·布朗 当我面对困难问题时
Well, Charlie Brown, when I’m faced with difficult questions,
我会去向历史伟人们寻求帮助
I look to the great minds of history.
西班牙小说家米格尔·德·塞万提斯曾写道
The Spanish novelist Miguel de Cervantes once wrote,
“告诉我你结交什么样的人
“Tell me what company you keep,
我就会告诉你 你是什么样的人”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!