粗鲁地搅扰着我那些长眠的船员 并把他们放进我为之准备的尸床
Rudely jarring my men from eternal rest, and laying them in the bed I prepared…
当我的妻子和女儿们逝世后 我希望她们能被…
… I hoped my wife and daughters might be tucked in by gentler hands…
…更温柔的手安放好
… when their turn came.
我们会一起回家的,我的朋友
We shall get home together, my friend.
我等待着涨潮
I waited for the tide.
然后,坐上船,向东航行
Then, embarking, headed east.
东方,穿过黑夜海洋
East, across the night seas.
东方,乘在被虐杀的人的尸体上
East, borne on the bodies of murdered men.
人的希望可以变成可怕的事情
Hope can be a horrible thing.
[THUNDER CRASHING]
[WIND WHISTLING]
[GRO ANS]
[GULLS CAWING]
找寻早餐的海鸥伴随着黎明的到来
With the dawn came the gulls looking for breakfast.
瑞德里
Ridley.
滚开
Get out.
我才想起我自己没有吃东西
I was reminded that I, myself, had not eaten.
我知道这并不好吃,但这是我们仅有的
I know it is unappetizing, but it is all we have.
(黑货船传奇)
他走了
MAN: He’s gone.
– 他走了 – 谁走了?
– He’s gone! BERNIE: Who’s gone?
– 曼哈顿博士 – 什么?你说什么?
– Dr. Manhattan. BERNIE: What? What’d you say?
曼哈顿博士走了,离开我们了
Dr. Manhattan’s gone. He’s left us.
什么?去哪儿了?
What? Gone where?
[KNOCKING ON DOOR]
你比平时晚了
You’re late.
啊,我知道 你不会相信刚才发生的事的
Ah, I know. I know. You won’t believe what happened.
曼哈顿博士在直播的电视节目中消失了
Dr. Manhattan just lost it on live TV.
等等,什么?
Wait, what?
[PEOPLE CLAMORING ON TV]
刚才劳丽和我一起,她不知道这事
I was just with Laurie. She doesn’t know.
她很快就会知道的,全世界也会知道的
HOLLIS: She’s gonna know soon enough. The whole world will know.
我说过,别烦我!
I said, leave me alone!
我看着星空
JON: I am looking at the stars.
它们是那么遥远…
They’re so far away…
它们的光芒要很久才能到我们这里…
… and their light takes so long to reach us…
而我们看到的只是他们过去的光影
… all we ever see of stars are their old photographs.
在1959年7月,我恋爱了
It is July, 1959, and I am in love.
照得不错
MAN: That’s great.
– 你明天就能来取相片 – 好的
– You can pick it up tomorrow. – Okay.
– 75美分 – 好,谢谢你
– Seventy-five cents. – Okay, thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
天啊,乔,真希望他刚才能给我们时间准备 我一定照得很丑
Gosh, Jon, I wish he gave us a little notice. I’m sure I made a face.
噢,不会,我保证你一定很上镜
Oh, no, no. I’m sure that you’ll look beautiful.
她的名字是珍妮·斯莱特
Her name is Janey Slater.
她是一个物理学家,和我一样
She is a physicist, like me.
我那时30岁
I am 30 years old.
我们是通过我一位大学同学 沃利·维勒,认识的
We were introduced by a good friend of mine from college, Wally Weaver.
那是在1981年2月12日
It is February 12th, 1981.
沃利死于癌症 死于他们现在说是我导致的癌症
Wally dies of cancer, of which they now say I am the cause.
[INAUDIBLE DIALOGUE]
那一晚,珍妮和我第一次做♥爱♥
That night, Janey and I make love for the first time.
一个月之后,那意外在等着我
A month from now, the accident awaits me.
噢,我一会儿就赶上你们 我好像把手表留在了里面
Oh, I’ll catch up with you guys. I think I left my watch inside.
嘿,我们等等他吧
Hey. Let’s just wait a second.
我穿过房♥间,到了本征力场发生器中心 我找到了我的手表
I cross the room to the Intrinsic Field Center. I find my watch.
[ALARM BUZZES]
当我走到门前时…
When I get to the door…
沃利脸色都白了
… Wally is turning white.
程序被锁死了,我们无法让计时器停下来
The program’s locked in. We can’t override the time lock.
我被吓坏了
I am terrified.
乔?
JANEY: Jon?
对不起,乔…
I’m sorry, Jon…
我不能眼睁睁看着…
…but I can’t…
珍妮,别离开我!
Janey, don’t leave me!
别离开我!
Don’t leave me!
[MEN SPEAKING INDISTINCTLY]
那是在1959年5月12日,我和珍妮相见的时候
It is May 12th, 1959, when I’m introduced to Janey.
她给我买♥♥了杯啤酒…
She buys me a beer…
那是第一次有女人为我做这样的事
… the first time a woman has done this for me.
当她递给我那冰冷、溢满的酒杯时…
As she passes me the cold, perspiring glass…
我们的手指相碰了
… our fingers touch.
好的,乔,干得不错
Yes, Jon, good.
现在的问题只是 按照正确的顺序重新组装这些零件
Now it’s just a question of reassembling the components in the correct sequence.
我最后一次…
I feel fear…
感觉到了恐惧
… for the last time.
他们举♥行♥了一次象征性的葬礼
A token funeral is held.
没有尸体可以埋葬
There is nothing to bury.
珍妮把那张快照装裱了起来
Janey frames the snapshot.
那是我留下来的唯一一张照片
It’s the only photograph of me anyone has.
有人在墙外看到了一副人体循环系统
A circulatory system is seen by the perimeter fence.
几天后…
A few days later…
人们在走廊 看到了一具覆盖了部分肌肉的人体骨骼
… a partially muscled skeleton stands in a hallway…
在它消失之前,还尖叫了一阵
… and screams for a moment before vanishing.
[RUMBLING]
噢,上帝
Oh, God.
乔?
Jon?
是你吗?
Is that you?
(NSB台晚间新闻) 全世界都震惊于今早发布的声明…
Nations around the world reeling from this morning’s announcement…
这可能会是当代历史上最重大的事件
…possibly the most significant event in recent history.
我重复一次,超人存在着,而且他是美国人
We repeat, the superman exists, and he is American.
他们叫我曼哈顿博士…
They call me Dr. Manhattan.
他们解释说选这名字…
They explain the name has been chosen…
是要让美国的敌人们联想到噩兆 (曼哈顿计划让美国在二战时率先造出原♥子♥弹♥)
… for the ominous associations it will raise in America’s enemies.
搞宣传的一位年轻人说我需要一个徽记
The marketing boys say I need a logo.
如果我要有个徽记…
If I’m to have a symbol…
就只能是我所敬仰的那个 (原子)
… it shall be one I respect.
他们把我塑造成了华而不实…
They are shaping me into something gaudy…
致命的东西
… something lethal.
在1971年1月…
In January, 1971…
尼克松总统要我出面干涉越战…
… President Nixon asks me to intervene in Vietnam…
一件他的前任不会要求我♥干♥的事
… something that his predecessors would not ask.
一周之后,战火结束了
A week later, the conflict ends.
其中一些越共士兵还向我个人投降
Some of the Vietcong forces wanna surrender to me personally.
霍利斯·梅森 一位退休的变装英雄,写了本书
Hollis Mason, a retired costume hero, writes a book.
书里,他说我的到来,象征着超级英雄的黎明
In it, he calls my arrival the dawn of the superhero.
我不确定我是否明白这句话的意思
I am not sure if I know what that means.
你看,当时,我引用错了词
WALLY: You see, at the time, I was misquoted.
我不应该说:“超人存在着,他是美国人”
I never said, “The superman exists and he is American.”
我想说的是:“神存在着,他是美国人”
What I said was, “God exists, and he is American.”
如果觉得这种说辞让你感到了…
Now, if you begin to feel an intense…
一种把你推向对个人狂热崇拜的信仰恐惧
…and crushing feeling of religious terror at the concept…
别恐慌
…don’t be alarmed.
那说明你们的头脑依然清醒
That indicates only that you are still sane.
那是1963年的圣诞节
It is Christmas, 1963.
珍妮说她既害怕又担心
Janey tells me she is afraid, and worried.
她说我现在就像一个神
She says I am like a god now.
我告诉她神是不存在的
I tell her I don’t think there is a God.
如果神真的存在,我和他绝不一样
And if there is, I’m nothing like him.
我告诉她我依然想拥有她…
I tell her I still want her…
永远想要拥有她
… and that I always will.
在1970年9月4日,我向她说了谎
As I lie to her, it is September 4th, 1970.
在变装英雄的聚会上
I am in a room full of people wearing disguises.
一个很年轻的女孩对着我笑
A very young girl looks at me and smiles.
她很美
She’s beautiful.
在每次的热吻后 她都在我唇上留下一个小小的温柔的吻…
After each long kiss, she plants a smaller, gentler one upon my lips…
就像是一个签名
… like a signature.
珍妮指责我四处寻欢
Janey accuses me of chasing jailbait.
她突然愤怒地哭泣,问我是不是因为她变老了
She bursts into angry tears, asking if it’s because she’s getting older.
她说的对
It’s true.
她每天都在明显地老去
She’s aging more noticeably every day…
[INAUDIBLE DIALOGUE]
而我却不会变化
… while I am standing still.
我更喜欢这近乎静止的空间
I prefer the stillness here.
我厌倦了地球
I am tired of Earth.
地球上的人
These people.