…to date, you’re one of only two Watchmen…
向大众公开身份的成员之一
…ever to reveal their true identity to the world…
第一位公开身份的是霍利斯·梅森 (一代夜枭,写过关于守望者的书,前文已提)
…the first being Hollis Mason.
将自己从一位超级英雄奥兹曼迪斯…
And you’ve certainly profited greatly by it…
转变成拥有价值过亿产业的商人 你一定从中获益良多
…turning your superhero alter ego, Ozymandias, into a billion-dollar industry:
玩具、午餐盒,基因工程
Toys, lunchboxes, genetic engineering.
我还听说一部相关的电影正在制♥作♥中
I understand there’s a movie in the works.
– 你好像不是在问问题,罗斯先生 – 抱歉,你有想过…
– I’m not hearing a question, Mr. Roth. ROTH: I’m sorry. Do you think…
我贩卖♥♥着守望者们与邪恶争斗的事迹 他们会不会因此而憎恨我?
The Watchmen resent me for prostituting their struggle?
(时事杂♥志♥:超人们为和平而联手) 这是个合理的问题,是的,我曾这样想过
It’s a fair question. Yes, it’s crossed my mind…
某些过往的同僚们或许会这样看待我
…some of my old colleagues might see it that way…
但同时你也明白…
…just as you’re clearly aware that biased journalism…
偏激的文章好卖♥♥
…sells more magazines.
维特产业的商业资助已投入到 曼哈顿博士和我们合作的研究工作中
The merchandising arm of Veidt Industries is funding our work with Dr. Manhattan.
最近我们扩大了在南极洲的研究室
We recently expanded our research facility in Antarctica…
希望研发出廉价、可再生的能源
…in the hope of developing cheap, renewable sources of energy…
并由此结束全球对于矿物燃料的依赖
…that we might eliminate the world’s reliance on fossil fuels.
看,我们并不需要借助任何的政♥治♥学者…
Now, it doesn’t take a political scientist…
都能理解,我们与苏联之间的冷战 并不是因为意识形态的不合
…to see that our Cold War with the Russians isn’t ideological…
这是因为畏惧,畏惧于不能满足
…it’s based upon fear. Fear of not having enough.
但如果我们能让能源永不枯竭…
But if we make resources infinite…
啊…
…ah…
那么战争将永远不会发生
…we make war obsolete.
我希望其他的守望者们能明白这点
I would hope the other Watchmen understand that…
不管他们现在身处何方
…wherever they may be.
感谢你们抽空到来
Thanks for your time.
– 你看起来不错啊,阿德里安 – 丹
– You look good, Adrian. – Dan.
好久不见了
It’s been too long.
(纽约报:“末日时钟” 指向差5分钟到午夜)
就是说罗夏认为有人在捕杀守望者成员,哈?
ADRIAN: So Rorschach thinks someone’s hunting the Watchmen, huh?
你认为可能吗?
You think it’s possible?
统计学来讲 一宗谋杀不代表对我们的捕杀
Statistically, one murder doesn’t equal a trend.
罗夏是个反♥社♥会♥的人,丹
Rorschach’s a sociopath, Dan.
笑匠也是,他简直就是个纳粹
And so was the Comedian. He was practically a Nazi.
你比任何人都清楚这点
You know that better than anyone.
我来这里并不是因为我怀念他
I’m not here because I miss him.
这件事让罗夏想到…
It’s occurred to Rorschach…
就只有我们几个人知道彼此的身份
…that we’re the only ones who know each other’s identities.
而实际上,全世界的人都知道你的
Actually, the whole world knows yours.
所以我要提醒的第一个人是你
That’s why I’m warning you first.
谢谢你,丹
Thank you, Dan…
但现在让我害怕的是一个更现实的事情…
…but I fear there’s something much more real to worry about…
比罗夏的蒙面英雄杀手更可怕
…than Rorschach’s mask killer.
如果苏联人果然发射了核弹 乔真的可以拦截它们吗?
If the Russians do launch their nukes, can Jon really stop them?
苏联储备了5万1千枚核弹头
The Soviets have 51,000 warheads stockpiled.
就算乔拦截了其中的99%…
Even if Jon stops 99 percent of them…
那漏网的1%也足够杀死地球上的所有生灵
…the 1 percent that get through could still kill every living thing on Earth.
就算是曼哈顿博士也不能同时身处各方
Even Dr. Manhattan can’t be everywhere at once.
(美国陆军洛克菲勒军事研究中心)
罗夏日记,10月13日,1985年
Rorschach’s journal, October 13th, 1985…
晚上8:30
… 8:30 p.m.
与夜枭会面之后,嘴里残留着不好的味道
Meeting with Dreiberg left bad taste in mouth.
那个在自己地下室啜泣的软弱失败者
A flabby failure who sits whimpering in his basement.
为什么我们当中只剩下那么少人…
Why are so few of us left active…
能身体、心智都健康地活跃着
… healthy and without personality disorders?
第一任夜枭在经营一家汽车修理店
The first Nite Owl runs an auto-repair shop.
丝鬼一世则成了一个发福的老妓♥女♥
The first Silk Spectre is a bloated, aging whore…
在加州的一处疗养胜地等死
… dying in a California rest resort.
帐单被一座旋转门夹住了斗篷…
Dollar Bill got his cape stuck in a revolving door…
然后在那里被枪杀了
… where he got gunned down.
侧影,被害…
Silhouette, murdered…
被自己那下流的生活所害
… a victim of her own indecent lifestyle.
飞蛾侠在缅因州的一所精神病院里
Mothman’s in an asylum in Maine.
甚至连阿德里安·维特,他可能是同性恋
Even Adrian Veidt, possible homosexual.
也需要深入地调查
Must investigate further.
就剩下两个人在我的名单里了
Only two names remain on my list.
他们都住在洛克菲勒军事研究中心提供的 私人宿舍里
Both share private quarters at Rockefeller Military Research Center.
我该去找他们
I shall go to them.
我该告诉那个坚不可摧的人 说有人想要杀了他
I shall go tell the indestructible man that someone plans to murder him.
晚上好,罗夏
JON: Good evening, Rorschach.
曼哈顿博士,知道我为什么来吗?
RORSCHACH: Dr. Manhattan, you know why I’m here.
是的…
JON: Yes…
但你将会失望地离开
…but you’re going to leave disappointed.
罗夏,你不该来这,你是个通缉犯
Rorschach. You shouldn’t be here. You’re a wanted man.
我也很高兴见到你,丝鬼
RORSCHACH: Nice to see you too, Silk Spectre.
我有个一直在用的真名
I have a real name I’ve been using.
说说看
Try it.
如你所愿,劳丽
Whatever you say, Laurie.
你来这做什么?
What are you doing here?
笑匠死了
JON: The Comedian is dead.
罗夏希望我能进入我的未来…
Rorschach wants me to look into my future…
去看看那杀手会不会被公开指认
…see if the killer is ever publicly identified.
我已经警告过夜枭了,现在来警告你
Already warned Dreiberg. Came to warn you too.
就算我愿意帮忙…
Even if I wanted to help…
我的未来已经被某种不连续的干扰遮住了
…my future is blocked by some kind of temporal interference.
– 我无法看清了 – 干扰?什么引起的?
– I cannot see it clearly. – Interference? Caused by what?
十有八♥九♥,是因为核子灾难
In all likelihood, nuclear holocaust.
如果美国和苏联全面开战…
If the United States and Soviet Union engage in all-out war…
由核武器引发的冲击波 会产生一场突然的超光速粒子大爆发
…the resulting blast wave would produce a sudden burst of tachyons…
这些粒子会沿着时光穴逆向飞行
…particles which travel backward through what you perceive as time…
从而模糊了我现在能看到的影像
…therefore obscuring my vision of the present.
我要回去工作了
I must return to my work.
等一等
RORSCHACH: Wait a minute.
如果这正是某人不希望我们干涉的计划呢?
What if that’s why someone wants us out of the way?
我们不能做些什么来阻止它吗?
So we can’t do anything to stop it?
再会了,罗夏
Goodbye, Rorschach.
我辛辛苦苦进来找你们…
RORSCHACH: Took a lot of effort to get in here to see you.
决不会在…
I’m not leaving…
说完话之前离开
– till I’ve had my say.
看起来这些日子发生的事情你都瞒着我
Seems like there’s a lot of things you don’t tell me these days.
我并不想让你过早地担心
I didn’t wanna worry you prematurely.
如果阿德里安和我能解决这场能源危机 战争形势将被逆转
If Adrian and I can solve the energy crisis, war may be averted.
但你总是说时间是不可逆转的
LAURIE: But you always say time is simultaneous.
如果你看到的未来是真的 你怎么能够改变它?
If that’s true, then how can you change the future?
只要你能和我一样感知时间就能
If only you could perceive time as I do.
请允许我向你展示
Please let me show you.
魔法、梦想,我曾拥有这些 我曾是个英雄啊,他妈的
Magic. Dreams. That is what I had before. I was a hero, goddamn it!
你变老也不是我的错啊,你在抱怨些什么?
It’s not my fault you got old. What do you have to complain about?
在餐桌上为你和你的孩子准备食物的人是我啊
I’m putting food on the table for you and your child.
给你的朋友艾迪电♥话♥吧 或许他能给你更好的生活
Call your friend Eddie. Maybe he can give you a better life.
– 那是个错误,就那一次! – 那家伙曾经要强♥奸♥你啊!
– It was a mistake. One time. – Man tries to rape you…
停手!
Stop!
你的心智也有着阴暗的角落…
Your mind goes to dark places…
而你不理解我为什么把最坏的事情瞒着你
…and you wonder why I keep the worst from you.
– 替我向丹问好 – 什么?
– Say hello to Dan for me. – What?
你想请我和你共进晚餐…
You wanna ask me to go to dinner with you…
就像以前一样…
…like we used to…
但这次不行
…but you won’t.
你明白我不能去的
You know I can’t.
所以你会给丹电♥话♥…
So you’ll call Dan…
这样很正常
…which is only natural.
你应该得到一位老朋友的慰籍
You deserve the comfort of an old friend.
丹·德雷伯格的桌位
LAURIE: Dan Dreiberg’s table.
– 你知道他和H·J是… – 完全不知道
DAN: Did you know that he and H.J. Were…? I had no idea.
你还记得那个疯子吗?他怎么称呼自己来着?
You remember that crazy guy? What’d he call himself?
屠夫队长
Captain Carnage.
他总是假装是个超级恶棍 好让自己被暴打一顿
Used to pretend he was a supervillain just so he could get beat up?
是啊,他找我试过一次,我没理睬他
Yeah, he tried that on me once. I just walked away.
于是他大白天跟着我走了整条街…
He starts following me down the street in broad daylight…
一边走一边喊:“惩罚我吧!惩罚我吧!”
…yelling, “Punish me! Punish me!”
我回了一句:“不,滚开。”
I’m just saying, “No, get lost.”
天啊,后来他怎么了?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!