For the pain, isn’t it, that you drink?
没人会认为
Yeah, none of us could
你的结局能比现在更好
have anticipated an ending better than this.
不光看着你 我的老伙计
Makes me question the wisdom of
还有你的娇妻
the charity that urged me to rent you this place,
她觉得你还很有活力
Not only looking at you, me old pal,
让我怀疑让我把地租给你的
but that pretty little wife of yours,
慈善机构到底有多明智
thought you were a spark, she did.
现在你儿子也在
And now your son’s sinking
吞没你的泥沼里越陷越深
into the selfsame bog that’s swallowing you.
看 乔伊 我也戴了脖套
See, Joey. I got the collar, too!
来 孩子 向前走 没错
Come on, boy. Walk on. That’s it.
向前走
Walk on!
向前走 乔伊 快 向前走
Walk on, Joey. Come on, boy, walk on.
你最好从山上往山下走
You’d be better off starting at the top of the hill and going Down!
今天只有重力能帮你了 小伙子
Gravity’s the only friend you’re gonna have today, young lad.
向前走 乔伊 向前走
Walk on, Joey! Walk on!
快 乔伊 向前走 向前走
Come on, Joey, walk on. Walk on, boy.
向前走 来啊 向前走
Walk on. Come on, walk on.
要甩鞭子他才肯走
It’ll take the whip to move him.
干得好 你到山顶了
Bravo! You’ve reached the top of the hill!
继续往下走 孩子
Off you go again, boy!
下坡你会做得更好
You’ll make even better time coming down!
好孩子 好伙计 向前走
Good boy. Good lad. Good lad. Now walk on. Good boy.
阿尔比 我们都来支持你
Albie, we’re all with ya!
看啊 犁头还没开土呢
Look look look! The plow hasn’t even cut yet!
知道吗 我相信我们能做到 乔伊
Do you know, I believe we can do it, Joey.
我第一眼见你就知道你是最好的
I knew when I first saw you that you’d be the best of us.
这也是老爸买♥♥下你的原因
That’s why he bought you.
他知道你有他所欠缺的勇气
He knows you’ve all the courage he never had.
第一眼见你 我就知道你是我们的救星
I knew when I first saw you that you’d be the one who’d save us.
你根本做不到 小伙子
You’ve got no chance, lad.
他半亩地都翻不完 趁早放弃吧
He’ll not turn over half an acre. Give it up now.
你已经做得很好 你尽力了
You’ve done well. You’ve tried hard.
至少比你♥爸♥像男人
You’re more of a man than your father.
拜托 里昂斯先生 这太难了 不是吗
Come on now, Mr. Lyons, that’s a bit rough, isn’t it?
他会毁了这匹马
Well, he’ll destroy that horse.
周四我再来
I’ll be over Thursday.
给你一天时间收拾关门
Give you a day to close it up.
你的毛线
Your wool.
真替你难过 罗西
I’m sorry, Rosie.
伙计 你一定要做到 乔伊
Now, boy! You’ve got to do it, Joey.
你不明白 所以当我们全家的命运都指望这个的时候
You don’t know, so I’m gonna have to do the knowing for you…
我就得教你
…when the rest of our lives depend on this!
准备拉犁 一直向前拉
So get set to pull, and pull straight!
使劲拉
And pull hard!
伙计 走
Now, boy! Go!
向前走 乔伊 先前走
Walk on, Joey! Walk on!
就是这样 好孩子 乔伊 好孩子
That’s it! Good boy, Joey! Good boy!
向前走 向前走 伙计
Walk on! Walk on! Walk on! Walk on, Joey!
绕过去
Go around it!
乔伊 停下 乔伊
Whoa, Joey! Whoa, Joey!
乔伊 停下
Joey! Joey, whoa whoa whoa!
乔伊 停下 这样会弄坏犁刀
Joey, stop! You’ll break the blade…
太棒了
Will you look at you?
我才不会让我的孩子
I’d not let a child of
在泥地里滑到在犁刀边上
mine slip in the mud alongside a plow blade.
他也许会被割断脚
He could lose a foot!
你更可能被戳瞎眼睛 里昂斯先生
You’ll likelier lose an eye, Mr. Lyons,
如果你继续唠叨我该怎么管教我的儿子
If you carry on prating at me how to manage my son!
或我的犁 我的马 我的田
Or my plow, or my horse, or my field,
或我的农场
or my farm!
加油 阿尔比 继续犁
Come on, Albie! Push on through!
把地犁完 阿尔比 把活干完
Get it done, Albie! Get it done!
你还好吗 没事吧
Are you all right, are you all right?
两个傻瓜 超级大傻瓜
Oh, my pair of fools. My mighty fools.
你跟他一样受伤出血了
You’re as battered and bloodied as he is.
爸爸在哪儿
And where’s Dad?
-还在那块地上 -我猜是跌到了吧
– Still in the bottom field. – Stumbling about, I suppose.
阿尔伯特 并不是因为喝酒让他走路蹒跚
It’s not the drink, Albert, that makes him stumble –
他酗酒 妈妈
He drinks, mum.
如果你有和他一样的经历
Well, so might you if you’d
也会酗酒
been where he’s been, seen what he’s seen!
他从没跟我说起过
Well, he don’t talk to me about it.
没有说是因为不能说
He don’t talk about it because he can’t.
有些东西无法用语言表达
There aren’t words for some things.
过来
Come here…
被老鼠嗑了
The mice’ve been at it.
坐
Sit down.
这个 是他的军旗
Here. It’s his campaign pennant.
他以前是皇家义勇骑兵队第七营的中士
He were Sergeant, Seventh Battalion, Imperial Yeomanry.
这个是女王南非奖章
And that is the Queen’s South Africa Medal.
每个打过布尔战争的人都有一块
Every man who fought in the Boer War got one of those.
但这个
But this…
是特等军功章
That’s the Distinguished Conduct Medal.
不是老爸的吧
Not dad’s?
反正不是我的 亲爱的
Well it ain’t mine, dear.
他在德兰士瓦战役后获得那枚勋章
He got that after the fighting at Transvaal.
他受伤了 还救了很多其他同伴
After he’d been hurt, and he’d saved some other lads,
更多的我也不知道 他也从没告诉我
and well… I don’t know what else, he won’t tell me either.
但他退伍回来第一天就把那些勋章扔掉
But the first day he got home he just tossed them out.
他能动的第一天 就把它们扔进了垃圾箱
First day he could walk, he threw them straight in the dustbin,
根本不容我反对
and wouldn’t hear a word I said not to.
听着 你和乔伊 应该为你们今天做的事情
See, what you done today, you and Joey,
感到骄傲 我的小帅哥
you’re chuffed up now, and so you should be, my splendid boy.
做得对 就应该自豪
It’s good to be proud when you done something good.
但他从不为他在非洲战场上的功绩
But what he done, in Africa, whatever it was,
觉得自豪
he takes no pride in it.
无论有多艰苦 无论这让他承受了多少痛苦
Hard as it surely was, and however much pain it’s cost him,
我猜 他都不会以杀戮为荣
he refuses to be proud of killing, I suppose.
我会感到自豪
I’d be proud.
如果我从战场归来
If I’d gone off to war.
如果我曾保护过我的同胞…
If I’d gone and saved my mates, and –
不管你认为是否能像他一样做
Well, whether or not you think you’d do the same thing as him…
只要想想他需要多少勇气才能拒绝荣誉
Think how brave he is for refusing to be proud.
你♥爸♥爸总做错事
Oh, your dad makes mistakes. And he
而且他一喝醉就能把这些错都忘光
drinks to forget the mistakes that he’s made. But…
但他从不放弃 这都是为了我们
But he never gave up, and he does that for us.
今天 你向人们展示了这一切都值得
And today, you showed the world it’s all been worth it.
只要你继续关心乔伊
You keep looking after Joey
它就会回报你
and he’ll always be looking after you.
皇家义勇骑兵队 第七营 中士
Sergeant, Seventh Battalion, Imperial Yeomanry.
乔伊 你看到了吗
You see this, Joey?
这东西经历了整个战争
It’s been through an entire war.
我不会据为己有
I’m not stealing it.
早晚会还给他
I’ll give it back to him, someday.
镇上的小伙子里只有我会开车
I’m the only boy that drives in the village.
-除了我没人会开 -真的吗
– No one else drives but me. – Oh, yeah?
真的 这是我爸爸的车
That’s right and this is my dad’s car.
能坐进来 你应该感到幸运
You’re lucky that you’re in it.
我也不是经常被允许开车 因为它
I’m not normally allowed to drive it because it’s so…
他是你的朋友吗
Is he a friend of yours?
加油 伙计 让她见识一下咱们怎么飞
Come on, boy, let’s show her how to fly!
你显然不会跨栏
Well… you’re clearly not gonna be a jumper.
我们试试种些其他东西
We can try planting something else,
或是去鲍勃叔叔那里工作
Or we could hire ourselves out to Uncle Bob.
怎么才能付清里昂斯先生的租金
How else we gonna pay Mr. Lyons’ rent?
我们该怎么办
What we gonna do?
我曾经相信神会给各人
I used to believe that God
应得的那份霉运
gave each man his fair portion of bad luck.
我不再那样想了 我的霉运超出了我应得