这很容易 我朝上看 我朝下看
Why, this is a cinch. Here, I look up, I look down.
我朝上看 我朝下看
I look up, I look down.
约翰尼 约翰尼
Oh, Johnny, Johnny.
你怎么干了造船这一行 加文
How did you get in the shipbuilding business, Gavin?
因为婚姻
I married into it.
有意思的行业
Very interesting business.
老实说 我觉得很无聊
No, to be honest, I find it dull.
你不必靠此生活
Well, you don’t have to do it for a living.
是啊 但你得负责啊
No, but one assumes responsibilities.
我妻子的家人都去世了
My wife’s family is all gone.
得有人照看她的生意
Someone has to look after her interests.
她父亲的合伙人在东岸经营公♥司♥的船厂 在巴尔的摩
Her father’s partner runs the company yard in the East, Baitimore.
所以我决定 既然要干 我就回来干
So I decided, as long as I had to work at it, I’d come back here.
我一直很喜欢这儿
I’ve always liked it here.
你回来多久了
How long have you been back?
快一年了
Almost a year.
你喜欢吗
You like it, huh?
旧金山变了
Well, San Francisco’s changed.
旧金山吸引我的东西正在飞速消失
The things that spell San Francisco to me are disappearing fast.
比如这些
Like all these.
是的 我那时住在这儿很高兴
Yes. I should have liked to have lived here then.
色彩 激♥情♥ 权利
Color, excitement, power.
自♥由♥
Freedom.
你不坐会儿吗
Shouldn’t you be sitting down?
不 不 我很好
No. No, I’m all right.
看到报上的报道我很难过
I was sorry to read about that thing in the paper.
你辞职不当警♥察♥了
And you’ve quit the force.
是永久残疾吗
Is it a permanent physical disability?
不 不
No, no.
只不过我不能爬楼梯
It just means that I can’t climb stairs
不能去陡或者高的地方
That are too steep or go to high places,
比如”高马克”饭店的酒吧
Like the bar at the Top of the Mark.
但城里也有些平房♥酒吧
But, there are plenty of street-level bars in this town.
你现在想喝一杯吗
Would you like a drink now?
不 不用了 现在对我有点儿早
No, I don’t think so. No, it’s a little early in the day for me.
我想差不多都说完了 对吧
Well, I guess that just about covers everything, doesn’t it?
我从没结过婚 很少见老同学
I never married. I don’t see much of the old college gang,
我是个退休的侦探 你是做造船生意的
I’m a retired detective, and you’re in the shipbuilding business.
你有什么心事吗 加文
What’s on your mind, Gavin?
我找你到这儿来 斯考蒂
I asked you to come up here, Scottie,
是知道你不当侦探了
Knowing that you’d quit detective work.
但我不知道你能否愿为我重操旧业
But I wondered whether you’d go back on the job as a special favor to me.
我想让你跟踪我妻子
I want you to follow my wife.
不是你想的那样 我们的婚姻很美满
No, it’s not that. We’re very happlly married.
那么…
Well, then…
我怕她会受到伤害
I’m afraid some harm may come to her.
谁要害她
From whom?
一个死人
Someone dead.
斯考蒂 你相信一个过世的人
Scottie, do you believe that someone out of the past,
一个死人 能附在一个活人身上吗
Someone dead, can enter and take possession of a living being?
不信
No.
如果我说这发生在我妻子身上
If I told you that I believe this has happened to my wife,
你怎么想
What would you say?
我会说带她去看精神病医生 或心理医生
Well, I’d say take her to the nearest psychiatrist, or psychologist,
或神经医生 或心理…或只是普通的家庭医生
Or neurologist, or psycho… or maybe just the plain family doctor.
我还要他给你也检查一下
I’d have him check on you, too.
那你对我没什么帮助 对不起 浪费了你的时间
Then you’re of no use to me. I’m sorry I wasted your time.
谢谢你的来访 斯考蒂
Thanks for coming in, Scottie.
好的
Okay.
我并不想这么粗鲁
I… I didn’t mean to be that rough.
不 这听起来很傻 我知道
No, it sounds idiotic, I know.
你还是那个讲实际的苏格兰人 是吧
And you’re still the hardheaded Scot, aren’t you?
一直都是 你以为我是在编故事吗
Always were. Do you think I’m making it up?

No.
我没有编 我也不知道怎么编
I’m not making it up. I wouldn’t know how.
她正跟我说话
She’ll be talking to me about something.
突然 声音变弱消失了
Suddenly, the words fade into silence.
她的眼里布上了乌云 一片茫然
A cloud comes into her eyes and they go blank.
她离开了我 去了别的地方 像个我不认识的人
She’s somewhere else, away from me, someone I don’t know.
我叫她 她甚至听不见
I call to her, she doesn’t even hear me.
然后 深深地呼一口气 又回来了
Then, with a long sigh, she’s back,
快活地看着我 根本不知道自己离开过
Looks at me brightly, doesn’t even know she’s been away.
不能告诉我时间和地点
Can’t tell me where or when.
多久发作一次
Well, how often does this happen?
过去几个星期越来越频繁了
More and more in the past few weeks.
她还闲逛 天知道她去了哪儿
And she wanders. God knows where she wanders.
有一天我跟踪她
I followed her one day,
看着她出了公♥寓♥ 像个我不认识的人
Watched her coming out of the apartment, someone I didn’t know.
甚至走路也变样了
She even walked a different way.
进了车 去了5英里处的金门公园
Got into her car and drove out to Golden Gate Park, five miles.
坐在湖边
Sat by the lake,
盯着远处的柱子看
Staring across the water at the pillars that stand on the far shore.
就是那个”旧日之桥门”
You know, Portals of the Past.
坐在那儿 一动不动
Sat there a long time, without moving.
我只好走了 回到办公室
I had to leave, get back to the office.
那天晚上回家 我问她一天都干了些什么
When I got home that evening, I asked her what she’d done all day.
她说她开车去金门公园 坐在湖边
She said she’d driven out to Golden Gate Park and sat by the lake,
就这些
That’s all.
然后呢
Well?
车上的计程器显示她开了94英里
The speedometer on her car showed that she’d driven 94 miles.
她去了什么地方
Where did she go?
我得知道她去了哪儿 斯考蒂 她去了哪儿做了什么
I’ve gotta know, Scottie, where she goes and what she does
然后再找医生治疗
Before I get involved with doctors.
那么你找医生谈过了吗 关于这件事
Well, have you talked to the doctors at all, about that?
我私下里找过
Yes, but carefully.
在她接受治疗前 我要了解更多
I want to know more before committing her to that kind of care.
斯考蒂…
Scottie…
好 我找个私♥人♥侦♥探♥帮你跟踪她
All right, I’ll get you a firm of private eyes to follow her for you.
他们很可靠
They’re dependable, good boys.
我要你去
I want you.
可我已经不干了
Look, this isn’t my line.
斯考蒂 我需要一个朋友 一个我能信赖的人 我很害怕
Scottie, I need a friend, someone I can trust. I’m in a panic about this.
我已经退休了
I’m supposed to be retired.
我不想卷入此事
I don’t want to get mixed up in this darn thing.
我们今晚去戏院看首演
Look, we’re going to an opening at the opera tonight.
我们先去厄尼氏吃饭 你在那儿可以见到她
We’re dining at Ernie’s first. You can see her there.
厄尼氏
Ernie’s.
厄尼氏饭店
卡洛特·瓦尔德斯
生于1831年12月3日 猝于1957年3月5日
你能告诉我关于那位女士的事吗
Say, will you tell me something about the lady sitting in there?
她看的那幅画上的女人是谁
Who’s the woman in the painting she’s looking at?
那是卡洛特
Oh, that’s Carlotta.
你会在目录中找到的 卡洛特之画像
You’ll find it in the catalog. Portrait of Carlotta.
-这个能给我吗 -当然
– May I have this? – Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
麦奇垂克酒店
你好
Yes?
有什么需要帮忙的吗
Is there something I can do for you?
-你经营这家酒店吗 -是的
– Yes. You run this hotel? – Oh, yes.
能告诉我住在二楼拐角房♥间里的是谁吗
Would you tell me who has the room on the second floor in the corner,
那个拐角
That corner?
我恐怕不能随便告诉你此类信息
Oh, I’m afraid we couldn’t give out information of that sort.
我们的客人有隐私权
Our clients are entitied to their privacy, you know.
我想这也不符合法律
And I do believe it’s against the law.
当然 我想他们不怎么会介意 但我…
Of course, I don’t think any of them would mind, really, but still I…
天啊 她做什么坏事了吗
Oh, dear, has she done something wrong?
请回答我的问题
Please answer my question.
我想像不出那个可爱的姑娘…
I can’t imagine that sweet girl with that dear face…
她叫什么名字
What’s her name?
瓦尔德斯 西班牙人
Valdes. Miss Valdes. Spanish, you know.
卡洛特·瓦尔德斯?
Carlotta Valdes?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!