我从未想过一生中所见过的废物…
After all the bull I’ve taken in my life,
在短短的几星期内 就让我如此发脾气…
in a few short weeks, those kids have got me so steamed up.
如此轻易快速
So easy. So quickly.
我完全想像不到
I never would have thought it.
也许是你太拚了 – 那些孩子是化身的恶魔
Perhaps you’re trying too hard. – Those kids are devils incarnate.
不管什么方法我都试了!但是…
I’ve tried everything. Everything! But nothing I tried…
孩子
Kids.
什么?
What?
孩子 这就对了
Kids. That’s it.
孩子
Kits.
不要书本了
Those are out.
书本对你们没用
They are useless to you.
我突然明白你们不是孩子了…
I realized you are not children.
再过不久你们将成为大人 表示你们要开始承担责任
You will be adults in a few weeks, with all the responsibilities.
所以从现在起 我将视你们如成人
From now on, you will be treated as such by me and by each other,
负责任的成人
as adults.
你们彼此之间也是
Responsible adults.
再来 我们彼此之间要讲道理
Next, we’ll be reasonable with each other.
我们彼此对话
We are just going to talk, you and I.
你们要听我说完
You are going to listen without interruption.
不可打断 你们任何人说话
And when I am finished, one of you may have your say.
也不会被打断
Without interruptions.
接着…
Next…
天哪 一早就不顺!
What a morning! Everything’s gone wrong.
先是该死的闹钟坏了 然后又等不到公车
First, the alarm didn’t go off. Then I had to wait hours for a bus.
害我站了好久公车才来
I must have stood there three bleeding hours…
举例来说
Example:
进入房♥间有两种方式
There are two ways to enter a room.
第一种就像个成人 有尊严的淑女
One is like an adult, a lady with dignity.
第二种就像是顽童
The other is like a brat.
黛儿小姐刚才展现了第二种方式
Miss dare has shown us the second way.
也许你愿意为大家展现第一种方式
Perhaps you’d demonstrate the first.
对不起 我迟到了
I’m sorry I’m late.
接着
Next,
我们要注意到教室的礼节
we are all going to observe certain courtesies in this classroom.
你们要称呼我老师 或是萨克瑞先生
You will call me sir or Mr. Thackeray.
年轻女士要称为”小姐”
The young ladies will be addressed as miss,
男生要加上家族姓
the boys by their surnames.
为何称她们为小姐 我们都认识
Why should we call them miss? We know them.
请再说一遍?
I beg your pardon?
我说“为何称她们为小姐 老师”
I said, why should we call them miss, sir?
我们都认识
We know them.
现场有那位年轻女士
Is there a young lady you feel
让你认为 不值得称她们为小姐?
does not deserve to be addressed as miss?
– 没有 老师 – 那就好
接下来 谈到平常的举止
Next, general deportment.
首先是年轻的女士
First, the young ladies.
必须证明她们值得并感激 我们对她们的尊重
They must prove worthy of the courtesies we will show them.
因为很快就会交男友并谈论婚嫁
Soon, boyfriends and marriage will concern you.
没有男人喜欢荡♥妇♥
No man likes a slut for long.
只有坏男人才会娶荡♥妇♥
Only the worst type will marry one.
男人整天在外奋斗非常艰难
And the competition for men on the outside is rough.
接着是男人
Next, men.
收垃圾的都比你们还干净
I’ve seen garbage collectors who are cleaner.
韧性是一种心灵的品质
Toughness is a quality of the mind,
就像是勇气、诚实和野心
like bravery, honesty and ambition.
如果你想留长发 就打理干净
If you want to wear your hair long, clean it,
否则就会长虱子和发臭
else you’ll soon get lice and smell.
你们很快就会对女生产生兴趣
Soon your principal interest will be girls.
要想吸引女生 就要穿清洁的衣服
You will be more attractive with clean clothes, clean shoes,
闪亮的皮鞋 保持身体干净等等
hands, face, teeth, et cetera. Now…
好 还有问题吗?
Any… any questions?
佩格小姐
Miss pegg.
那么威士顿先生呢 老师?
What about Mr. Weston, sir?
他从不整洁 鞋子也不擦 而且头发一团乱
He’s never tidy, his shoes is never brushed, and his hair’s a mess.
对啊!脏死了!
It’s filthy.
威士顿不是你们的老师 他不算
Mr. Weston is not your teacher. We won’t discuss him.
如果我没达到 我要求你们的标准 你们可以批评我
I’m the one to criticize if I fail to maintain the standards.
不公平
That’s not fair.
称呼老师
Sir…
或是萨克瑞先生 你没听懂吗?
Or Mr. Thackeray. Didn’t you understand?
不公平
That’s not fair…
老师
Sir.
我同意
I agree.
这只是个例子… 你们身为成人必须忍♥受 不公平是其中之一
But that’s an example of things you’ll have to put up with as an adult.
你们只能接受
You’ll just have to take it.
接着我们讨论关于…
Next, we are going to talk about various…
早 – 早
Good morning. – Morning.
我只想看看你的上课情形 – 很好 谢谢校长
I wanted to see how you were doing. – Fine, sir.
那就好 辛苦了
Thank you.
那是什么?
What is it?
帕默
Palmer.
那我们要讨论什么 老师?
What are we going to talk about, sir?
讨论生命、
About life…
生存
Survival…
爱情、
Love,
死亡、性♥爱♥、婚姻、
death, sex, marriage,
叛逆 任何你们想知道的事
rebellion, anything you want.
J“ no matter what you do no matter what you say I“
j“ I’ve had enough of you I’m gonna break away… j“
我从没见过像他这样的人 潘蜜拉
I never did see one like him, Pam.
即使气得半死也不骂人
Even when he blew his stack, no swearing or nothing.
天啦
Blimey.
那是他不正常
Ain’t natural, that’s what.
他说的那些话是认真的吗?
Does he really mean what he says?
不知道
I don’t know.
最起码也是一种改变 看看那些下三滥怎么假装绅士 – 对啊
It’d be a change, though, to see those creeps acting like gents.
你喜欢哪一个?
Here, which one do you fancy?
我想要芭芭拉
瞧我的
Yeah? Watch this.
来吧 潘蜜拉爱人 – 滚开 丹能
Come on, Pam, love. – Get lost, denham.
我不喜欢你的态度
I don’t like your smelly tricks, do I?
而且你要称呼我黛儿小姐
And it’s miss dare to you.
你够了吧
Get stuffed.
来吧 爱人
Come on, then, love.
你听见老师说的话 自作聪明的丹能先生!
You heard what sir said, Mr. Smarty denham.
如果想跟我跳舞 你就要好好地邀请!
If you want to dance with me, you bleeding well ask proper.
有这个荣幸共舞吗 佩格小姐?
May I have the pleasure of this dance, miss pegg?
天哪!好人帕特!
Blimey! Good old potts.
你行啊 帕特 – 闭嘴!
Mmm. Get you, Potter. – Shut up!
他以为自己是舞王吗?
Who does he think he is, bleeding Fred Astaire?
耶! – 来吧 佩格小姐
Come on, miss pegg.
噢
Oh!
看看我 我是位淑女
Look at me. I am a lady, I am.
J“ as far as I can go I’ve had it up to here I“
j“ and I want out j“
J“ no matter what you do no matter what you say I“
j“ I’ve had enough of you… i“
一群废物
rotten tarts, all of them.
应该把他们扫光
Bleeding chimney sweep was right about that.
我绝对不会在她们身上下功夫
He won’t catch me spending me a nicker on them.
他说任何事都可以讨论 不是吗?
He said we could talk about anything.
提区 你说得对
You are so right, tich, me mate.
他确实说过什么事都可以问
He did say we could ask him anything.
问答游戏
Questions and answers.
请说 丹能
Yes, denham?
萨克瑞先生 昨晚在电视上 有一些旅游图片
Uh, last night on the telly, there was this travelogue picture.
有许多黑人女性跳舞没穿上衣
You know, a lot of black women dancing around with no tops.
为何不♥穿♥着合适的衣服?
Don’t they ever dress proper?
世上的风俗不同
What’s proper varies throughout the world,
取决于当地的风俗和气候
depending on customs and climate.
就她们的风俗和气候而言 这样是合适的
For their climate and customs, they were dressed properly.
你来自南美洲吗 老师?
Are you from South Africa, sir?
当然不是 南美洲也是白人 对吧?
Of course not. South Africans is white, isn’t they?