你有选择武器的权力
The choice of weapons is yours.
你想用手♥枪♥ 军刀还是长剑?
Do you wish to use pistols, sabers or rapiers?
气球
Balloons.
气球? 还有喇叭枪
Balloons? And blunderbusses.
你又想耍我
You are trying to make the fools of us again.
相反 这是有先例的
On the contrary. There is an historical precedent.
是吗?(法语) 嗯
N’estce pas? Mmhmm.
一场相似的决斗 一个法国人和德国人…
A similar duel between a Frenchman and German took place in, uh
1817年 对
1 81 7. Is right.
1817年
1 81 7.
法国人胜了
The Frenchman won.
如果那样的话 我接受
In that case, I accept.
来吧 大伙儿 我们回车里去吧
Come along, everybody. Let’s get back to the motors.
我希望你能飞回去
I expect you’ll be flying back.
快点 理查德
Come along, Richard!
帕崔莎人呢?
Where’s Patricia?
我还以为她跟你在一起呢 先生
I thought she was with you, sir.
她当然…
Well, of course she is
我女儿怎么会在那辆车上?
What the devil is my daughter doing in that contraption?
好像是回布鲁克利
Going back to Brookley, I think.
她是不是说服他带她上天了?
You think she’s persuaded him to take her up?
我绝对不同意! 阻止他!
I absolutely forbid it. Stop him!
立即阻止他!没用的家伙!
Stop him at once! Absolutely useless.
快点儿 理查德 快点
Faster, Richard. Faster!
我这已经是40英里时速了 先生
I’m doing nearly 40 miles an hour as it is, sir.
马上给我下来! 我绝对禁止这事!
Come down at once! I absolutely forbid it!
太不可思议了
Marvelous!
很有趣吧? 是啊
It’s fun, isn’t it? Yes!
哦 看看看! 那是我爸!
Oh, look, look! Look, there’s Father.
我们来吓吓他吧
Let’s give him a fright.
哦 糟了 我弄断了一个风杆
Oh, rats.! I broke a wing strut.
你来控制这杆子让它保持平稳 好吗
You take over the stick and keep it steady, will ya?
哦 不 我…我… 我不行
Oh, no. I I I can’t.
好吧
Okay.
保持平稳!
I said keep it steady!
奥弗尔 快来!
Orvil, help!
奥弗尔!
Orvil!
我无法让它保持平稳!
I can’t keep it straight!
奥弗尔! 快来帮我!
Orvil.! Help me.!
我不行了 快!
I can’t do it. Hurry!
那女孩是自己一个人在飞吗? 是的
Did that girl fly the machine herself?. Yes.!
你没事吗? 帕崔莎 当然了 我很好
Are you all right, Patricia? Of course I’m all right.
你怎么敢带我女儿飞! 他不该受责备
How dare you take my daughter up! He isn’t to blame!
这场比赛是为了比飞行
This race was organized to help flying…
不是为了给某个没脑子的猪头兜风享乐的
not for brainless boneheaded nincompoops to give joyrides.
跟你说 父亲 这都是我的错
I tell you, Father, it was my fault.
这事是没发生在你身上
It didn’t occur to you, I suppose,
如果你带着一个女人还坠机了
that if you’d crashed with a woman onboard…
你会让飞行事业倒♥退♥20年的
you would have put flying back 20 years.
你这样会害死她的 听着…
You might’ve killed her. Now, look…
我很清楚我在干什么
I knew exactly what I was doing.
我也知道我在干什么
And I know what I’m doing.
哦 理查德!
Oh, Richard!
帕崔莎 跟我来
Patricia, come with me.
是 爸爸
Yes, Father.
尼凡 把他逐出比赛
Niven, I’ll have that machine scratched from the race.
好的 先生
Certainly, sir.
哦 别现在 爸爸 别当着大家的面
Oh, not now, Father. Not in front of everyone.
这事全怪我 我知道
I am entirely to blame. I know that.
这是你最后一次在天上飞的机会了
This is the last time you’ll go up flying…
这也是你最后一次坐摩托车
and this is the last time you’ll ride a motorcycle.
这也是你最后一次坐摩托车
and this is the last time you’ll ride a motorcycle.
是的 父亲 还有
Yes, Father. And that includes…
包括你藏在花♥园♥里的那辆
the one you have hidden in the garden.
但是 上车!
But Get into the motor!
噢!
Oh!
她又违背我的命令
She’s at it again
在骑摩托车了
disobeying my instructions.
我不这么认为 是那个美国人
I don’t think so. It’s the American.
美国人? 他在我花♥园♥里转什么转
The American? What’s he doing prowling around in my garden?
他是不是有枪 怎么会啊 先生
You suppose he has a gun? Why should he, sir?
这家伙是从野蛮的西部来的 不是吗?
Well, the fellow’s from the Wild West, isn’t he?
那只是辆摩托车 先生 哦
It’s only a motorbicycle, sir. Oh.
他只想继续比赛 我一直跟您这么说来着
He’s trying to get back into the race,just as I’ve been telling you for some time.
好了 他没戏了 他可能让你改变了主意
Well, he’s not going to. He may have changed your mind.
我是不可能改变主意的 不可能!
Nothing is going to make me change mine. Nothing!
好了 去跟他这么说吧 别杵在这儿了
Well, go and tell him so.! Well, don’t stand there.!
不然人家还觉得你怕他呢 是 先生
Anyone would think you were frightened of the fellow.! Yes, sir.
我很抱歉 牛顿 罗斯利老爷太顽固了
I’m sorry, Newton, but Lord Rawnsley’s quite adamant.
他不仅不让你参赛
Not only are you out of the race…
还想让你
but he expects you to move yourself…
和你的飞行器离开布鲁克利 越快越好
and your flying machine from Brookley as soon as possible.
你跟他说我必须见他了吗?
Are you sure you told him that I had to see him?
你看 如果我不能比赛 我就会失去一切
Look, if I don’t get back in that race, I’m gonna lose everything.
我们甚至没钱回伦敦
Boy, we don’t even have enough money to get back to London…
更别说凤♥凰♥城 亚利桑那了
much less Phoenix, Arizona.
你早该想到了
You should have thought of that before.
接受现实吧 老兄 他就那么一个女儿
Let’s face it, old chap, he only has one daughter.
是的 但是 噢 靠
Yes, but Aww, shucks!
谢谢你帮我
Well, I wanna thank you for trying to help me.
你有什么打算? 我不知道
What are you going to do? Oh, I don’t know.
我想我可能得把我的飞行器卖♥♥掉
I guess I’ll have to sell my flying machine.
真遗憾
Oh, I’m sorry.
但是至少你这样做是对的
But at least you’re in the right place to do that.
好了 再见 祝你好运
Well, goodbye, and the best of luck to you.
你知道怎么出去 谢谢你所做的一切
You know your way out. Thanks for everything.
奥弗尔 我…我非常抱歉
Orvil, I’m I’m terribly sorry.
算了 你值得我这么做
Oh, well. You were worth it.
赢得这场比赛对你意义非凡…
Winning the race meant a great deal to you…
不是吗?
didn’t it?
如果我赢了 我就算是个人物了
If I’d have won it, I’d have been somebody.
我就能攀上任意一个女孩子…
I might’ve been able to go up to any girl…
甚至是有钱又漂亮的…
even a rich and a beautiful one…
对她说我所想说的…
and say to her what I wanted to say…
问她我所想问的
ask her what I wanted to ask.
只是这些现在都不可能发生了
Only it can’t happen now.
请…请原谅我
Oh, plplease forgive me.
我太…太自私了
I’ve been very, very selfish.
我不会忘记你的 帕崔莎
I’ll never forget you, Patricia.
再见 噢 不 不 等等
Goodbye. Oh, no! No. Wait.
我去和我父亲谈谈
I’m going to talk to Father.
虽然没那么容易
It won’t be easy…
但是我会让你重新参赛的
but I’m going to get you back into the race.
那 呃
Well, uh
他很快就会改变主意
He’ll soon change his mind…
当他听到美国大使对这件事的说法时
when he hears what the American ambassador’s got to say about this.
他认识美国大使?
Well, does he know the American ambassador?
不认识
No.
我也不认识
Neither do I.
但是父亲不知道
But Father doesn’t know that.
敬礼!(德语)
Achtung.!
没人比你们这些国际出版社的绅士知道得多
No one knows better than you gentlemen of the international press that
我猜这么多竞争者一定有很多创新吧
I guess a lot of innovations have been introduced by the various competitors.
是的 当然 我 那个…
Oh, yes, indeed! I Well, uh…
比如那个来自海军的年轻人派瑞斯
take young Parsons of the Royal Navy, for instance
在飞的那个
the fellow alighting now.
他停下飞行器的主意很棒很新颖很海军 看
He’s got a marvelous new naval idea for stopping his flying machine. Look.
那是什么
Uh, what’s that?
飞行器吧 我想
It’s a flying machine, I think.
是的 肯定是飞行器 它有螺旋桨
Yes, it must be a flying machine. It’s got, um, propellers.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!