那他喜欢什么
So. what is he like?
不知道
I don’t know.
他有点蠢
Kind of a mook. A schlep.
那你为何要和一个笨蛋约会
Why the hell are you going out with a schlep?
不是这样的 这就像电影”两小无猜”
It’s not like that, Magda. You know. it’s like that movie Harold and Maude.
我没看过
I don’t watch the new ones.
那你应该看看 也许是我们这个时代最伟大的爱情片
Well, you should because it’s probably the greatest love story of our time.
重要的是 爱情不能用金钱衡量…
The point is. is that love isn’t about money…
也不计较社会地位 年龄
…or social standings or age.
两人有相似之处
It’s about two people connecting, having something in common.
志趣相投
You know, kindred spirits.
让志趣相投见鬼去…我的小狗在两秒内
Fuck kindred spirits. My little Puffy here is gonna tell you…
就可告诉你 这家伙是不是好人
…everything you need to know about that guy in about two seconds flat.
如果巴夫吼叫 他就不是好人
If Puffy starts yapping. he’s a loser.
如果它喜欢他 你就可以和他厮守终生
If he likes him. honey, then you’re got yourself a keeper.
巴夫很喜欢我摸它的肚皮
Yeah. Pufferball likes it when I rub his belly.
难以置信
That is amazing.
它什么人也不喜欢 从没喜欢过人
He doesn’t like anybody. He never usually likes guys.
-它不喜欢坏人 -是吗
-He doesn’t like bad guys. -Is that right?
它知道你喜欢动物…
He can tell that you’re an animal nut.
-你喜欢动物 对吗 -不错
-You are. aren’t you? -You got me pegged.
你知道吗 在尼泊尔 村民叫我做金坦地
You know, in Nepal. the rillagers there called me kin ton ti…
意思是指受动物爱戴 人格高尚
…which means “noble man who is loved by many animal…
心地善良 爱心爆棚
…who, in kind, he loveth too.”
想来杯茶吗或是其他什么
Would you like a cup of tea or something?
可否来杯啤酒
I’d love a brewski if you got one.
好的
We can do that.
玛格达 可否到厨房♥帮我
Hey, Magda. why don’t you help me in the kitchen?
可以 当然
Oh, yeah. Oh. yeah. Certainly. of course.
金坦地
kin ton ti
巴夫不喜欢坏蛋 对吗
Puffer doesn’t like bad guys, does he?
巴夫
Puffer?
巴夫 求你了
Puffer, come on. boy.
要来点蚬酱吗
Would you like a little clam dip, doll?
不 多谢了 我喜吃煎饼
No, thank you. I’d love a Bundt cake if you have one.
-煎饼 -煎饼
-Bundt cake? -Bundt cake?
一 二 三 四 五…
One two three four five
一 二 三…
One two three…
帕特 要百威啤酒还是喜力啤酒
Hey, Pat. do you want a Budweiser or a Heinie?
随便
Yeah. whaterer.
巴夫 别吓我
Come on. Puffer. Stay away from the light.
好吧 我随便拿了
Okay. I’ll just get you a regular.
都好了
All set?
好狗狗
Good pooch.
我们只有夹心饼干 可以吗
All we had were some Oreos. How does that sound. honey?
老天
Oh, my God.
他把狗狗包得像婴儿
He’s got him wrapped up like a baby.
它有点冷
He was… He was a little chilly.
我们到了
Well, here we are.
-博物馆 -是啊
-The museum? -Yeah.
-不是去吃晚饭 -会的 但我有个惊喜
-I thought we were going to dinner. -We will, but I have a surprise.
-惊喜 -对 这是个建筑展
-A surprise? -Yeah, it’s the architecture exhibit.
-建筑展 -没错
-Architecture exhibit? -Yeah.
我得吃点东西 否则我会全身发抖
I gotta eat something or I get the shakes.
二十分钟后去吃饭
We’ll eat in 20 minutes.
我朋友塔克在楼上 给你引见一下
My friend Tucker is upstairs. I want you to meet him.
-他也是建筑师 来吧 -建筑师
-He’s an architect too. Come on. Yeah. -Architect?
塔克
Tucker.
太令人惊奇了 真是目不暇接
This is amazing. This just blows me away.
你觉得这是什么 装饰艺术 新派艺术
What do you think this falls under? Is this art deco. or is it art nouveau?
-装饰艺术 没错 -是嘛
-Deco. Deco. yeah. -Yeah.
太美了
It’s beautiful.
这是…是前庭或是门廊
Is this…? Okay. is this a restibule. or is it a portico?
有何分别
What is the difference?
当你看建筑时…
When you’re looking at architecture,
脑海中要想像整幢建筑物
try to visualize the buildings as a whole.
试着看它们的自然状态
You know, try to see them in their natural state.
也就是说整体欣赏
In their totalitarianism, so to speak.
-去吃蟹了 去祖记餐厅 -嗨 塔克
-Stone-crab time. Let’s go to Joe’s, huh? -Hey, Tucker.
玛丽
Mary.
你好吗
How are you?
见到你真好
Good. I’m glad we saw you.
看来真的喜欢见到我
Come on. like you mean it.
塔克 这是我朋友 帕特·希里
Tucker. This is my friend Pat Healy.
-帕特 幸会 -幸会
-Oh. it’s a pleasure to meet you. Patrick. -Same here.
-帕特也是建筑师 -真的
-Pat is an architect as well. -Oh. really?
-你公♥司♥在哪里 -主要在波士顿
-Where are your offices? -Mainly. I work out of Boston.
波士顿
Boston, huh?
-在那里读大学 -对了
-Did you get your degree up there? -You bet.
真的 哪所学校
Really? Where did you study?
哈佛
Harvard.
那一定上过吉姆格林的课
Then you must have studied under Kim Green.
是的 还有其他教授
Well, among others.
帕特在世界各地设计大厦
You know, Pat does projects all over the world.
真的 在哪里有你的作品
Really? Where would I have seen your work?
你去过…
Well, have you been to…?
我想想 唔…
Well, let me see.
智利的圣地亚哥
Santiago. Chile?
去年去过两次 那间大厦是你设计的
Twice last year. Which building is yours?
你熟悉足球场吗
Are you familiar with the soccer stadium?
奥林匹克运动场是你参建的
Did you build the Estadio Olimpico?
不 是运动场附近的沙连大厦…
No, just down the street. the Celinto Catayente Towers.
盖得不错
It’s quite a fine example. in fact.
我建议你下次去智利时
I recommend next time you’re up that way…
去那里亲自看一看
…that you drop in and take a ganders at it yourself.
-给我你的名片吧 -当然
-You know, I really should take your card. -Sure.
真没想到 失陪一会
As I live and breathe. Will you excuse us for a second?
-我会给你打电♥话♥ -嗨 俄尔
-I’ll call you. okay? -Hey, Earl.
俄尔斯坦因 你这个老家伙 你好吗
Earl Stein, you old sheep-fucker. How the hell are you?
我叫布莱恩
My name’s Brian.
俄尔 你在这里做什么
Good one. What the hell are you doing out here, Earl?
不 我叫布莱恩
No, no. My name’s Brian.
布莱恩·莫
Brian Mone.
明白了 管你叫什么布莱恩
Oh, I see. Okay, yeah. Whatever you say. “Brian.”
我们办公室见
I’ll see you at the office, huh?
我会告诉你一些这个怪人的事情
I’ll tell you some stories about this weirdo.
你认识他
You know that guy?
多谢你送我一程
Hey, thanks for picking me up. man.
别客气 一口气驾驶十五小时
Yeah. no problem. I’ve been driring for like 15 hours straight…
有人陪伴可解闷
…so I could use the company.
我理解你的意思
I know what you mean.
我在那里站了五个半小时
I’ve been standing in the same spot for five and a half hours.
在这个州搭顺风车属违法
You know they made it illegal to hitchhike in this state?
真的 法例真严
Really? That must make it really tough.
你干哪一行 推销员
So. what’s going on with you? You a salesman, or…?
唔 我…失业
No. No. I’m nothing.
我是
I am.
-是吗 -我是推销员
-Yeah? -I’m a salesman.
-我想自己开公♥司♥ -真的
-I’m gonna start my own company. -Really?
想加入我的公♥司♥
You want in?
不 我不…
No. I’m not…
我没有钱
I don’t really have any. you know, money, or…
你听说过”八分钟收腹”吗
You heard of this thing, the 8 Minute Abs?
是的 当然听说过 用来做运动的影带
Yeah, sure, 8 Minute Abs. yeah. the exercise rideo.
一定会十分畅销 听着
Yeah. well. this is gonna blow that right out of the water. Listen to this.
七分钟收腹
7 Minute Abs.
对 我知道你的计划
Right. Yes. okay, all right. I see where you’re going.
想象一下 进入影视店
Think about it. You walk into a rideo store.
看到八分钟收腹那款
see 8 Minute Abs sitting there…
旁边有七分钟收腹 买♥♥那款
…there’s 7 Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!