Are you waiting for Dickie?
迪克
Dickie?
你 你认识迪克吗
Do you- Do you- Do you know Dickie?
你在歌♥剧院 难怪了
You were at the opera. Oh, that explains.
没错 我也去了
Yes, I was there.
我和迪克一起去的
I was there with Dickie.
我就知道
I knew it.
早告诉你了
I told you.
玛吉 我不认识你 所以我没有权利…
Marge, I don’t know you, so I’ve got no right to…
迪克爱你 他…
Dickie loves you. He’s–
我想他正在回家找你的路上
I think you’ll find he’s on his way home to you.
你 你怎么会知道
Well, how-how-how would you know that?
他 把一切都告诉我了
He… told me everything.
不 我本该15分钟前在这和他见面 所以…
No, I was supposed to meet him 15 minutes ago, so, uh,
我想我该走了
I’m gonna go now, I think.
天呐 除非是他想让我们见面
God, unless he meant us to meet.
这有点残忍♥ 不是吗
That’d be a little cruel, wouldn’t it?
不是 我们在等另一个朋友
Ah no, we’re meeting another friend.
-汤姆·瑞普利 -你认识汤姆·瑞普利吗
– Tom Ripley. – Do you know Tom Ripley?
不 我听说过他
No, no. I’ve heard about him,
当然了 但我没见过他 没有
of course, but I didn’t meet him, no.
我不用了 谢谢
Not for me. No, grazie.
希望我没让事情变得复杂
Hope I didn’t complicate matters.
天呐 没有 没有发生任何不好的事
God, nothing, nothing… untoward happened.
不 没什么能阻止你回去欢迎他回来
No, there is nothing to prevent you from welcoming him back,
嫁给他
from marrying him.
再见
Goodbye.
我很高兴终于见到你了
I’m happy to put a face to a name.
再见 彼得 不不 别站起来
Goodbye, Peter. Please, don’t get up.
现在我不知道该怎么想了 你觉得他会回来吗
Now I don’t know what to think. Do you think he’s coming back?
抱歉 抱歉 我刚刚不得不去更新下证件
Sorry. Sorry. Had to renew my papers.
那边要排很久的队 速度太慢了
Never one stamp when they can make you line up for three.
-你们久等了吧 -完全没有
– Have you been waiting long? – Not at all.
-早上好 汤姆 -你好
– Morning, Tom. – Hi.
抱歉
Sorry.
你还好吗 你看起来像见了鬼
You okay? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.
迪克昨晚在歌♥剧院
Dickie was at the opera last night.
我才不信 野马都拉不动迪克去那里
I don’t believe that. Wild horses couldn’t drag Dickie.
他是和别人一起去的
Well, he was there with someone, you know,
所以我想她肯定拽得动他
so I suppose she must have dragged him.
真不公平
It’s not fair.
我要回蒙吉
I think I’m going back to Mongi.
我觉得迪克会回家 我要回家
I think Dickie’s coming home. I’m going home.
真的吗 那太好了
Really? I- Well, that’s just swell.
不 你可是想到我前面去了 好极了
No, you know, you’re way ahead of me. Great.
我听说时还觉得颇为感动 抱歉
That was rather moving when I heard… I’m sorry.
梅瑞狄斯就是昨晚我在歌♥剧院见到的美国姑娘
Meredith is the American girl I saw at the opera last night.
-她在和迪克交往 -我的天
– She’s been seeing something of Dickie. – Oh, my God.
但关键是 我们也都知道这点 迪克他…
But the point is, Dickie- and we all know this
迪克爱玛吉 他也想她
Dickie loves Marge. And he misses her.
我觉得内疚 玛吉也许无法理解
I feel guilty. Marge doesn’t understand this,
但每当迪克做了什么蠢事 我都感觉很内疚
but whenever Dickie does something, I feel guilty.
好像也没什么道理
As if that makes sense.
我知道现在很冷 你可以开暖气了
Lo so che fa freddo ma adesso accendi il termosifoni.
你喜欢吹奏吗 吹奏
Ti piace suonare? Suonare?
我听力不太好 楼下住的人则完全聋子
Io sono sorda, l’altra che abita sotto è pure sorda.
很漂亮吧
Bellissima.
是啊
Sì.
那么 小伙子
Allora, giovanotto.
你喜欢这里吗
Ti piace?
迪克
Dickie.
迪克 拜托 是我
Dickie, come on. It’s me.
我是弗莱迪 让我进去
It’s Freddie. Let me in.
迪克
Dickie.
你好 弗莱迪 我是汤姆
Hello, Freddie. It’s Tom.
迪克呢
Um, where’s Dickie?
你还好吗
How are you?
我很好 谢谢 他不在 去吃晚饭了
I’m good. Uh, yes, thank you. He’s gone. He went to dinner.
-他在奥泰罗餐厅 你知道奥泰罗吗 -不不
– He’s at Otello’s. You know Otello’s? – No, no, no.
我觉得他不会在6点半吃晚餐
I don’t think he’s at dinner at 6:30pm.
如果你说他还在吃午餐 也许我会信你
If you said he was still at lunch, maybe I’d believe you.
明白吗
You know?
不可思议
Incredible.
那家伙就这么
I mean, the guy just, you know,
凭空消失了
disappeared off the face of the earth.
或许是吧
I guess.
房♥东太太 据我所知
The landlady, as far as I could tell–
房♥东太太说他现在就在这里
The landlady said he was here right now.
那你搜搜吧
Search the place.
我只是不知道 为什么你觉得迪克会躲着你
I just don’t know why you’d imagine that Dickie would hide from you.
因为他确实在躲我
Because he’s been hiding from me.
圣诞节发生什么了
What happened at Christmas?
圣诞节怎么了
What about Christmas?
他本来要去滑雪 我没接到他的电报
He was supposed to come skiing. I didn’t get a cable…
电♥话♥ 或留言
or a call or a little note or a-
老实说 屁都没有
Frankly, a fart.
他最近一直很专心做音乐
Well, he’s been very involved with his music.
我觉得他的想法是
Um, I think his theory… is…
你得先变成茧
that you have to go into a cocoon,
才能破茧成蝶
uh, before you can be a butterfly.
真是一派胡言
Which is horse shit.
你听过他弹这个吗 他不会
You hear him play this thing? Well, he can’t.
你怎么找到他的
How did you find him?
这地方可不好找 要我给你弄杯酒吗
It’s such an out-of-the-way apartment. Can I fix you a drink?
不 谢了 通过美国运通
No, thanks. At the American Express.
一个小子
Some kid.
你住在这吗
Are you living here?
不不 我只是待几天
No, no. I’m staying here for a few days.
但是
But–
那是台新钢琴 也许不该…
It’s a new piano. Probably shouldn’t…
也许不该…
Probably shouldn’t…
这地方带家具吗
Did this place come furnished?
看起来不像是迪克的
It doesn’t look like Dickie’s, uh-
简直糟透了 对吧
It’s really horrible, isn’t it?
非常 中产阶级
It’s so, uh, bourgeois.
那是 你该 小心点
That’s a, you should– Watch that.
不好意思
Excuse- Excuse me.
我来吧
Excuse me.
事实上 这里唯一像迪克的
In fact, the only thing that looks like Dickie…
就是你
is you.
不算吧
Hardly.
你做头发了吗
Have you done something to your hair?
你有什么想说的吗 弗莱迪
Is there something you’d like to say, Freddie?
-什么 -你有什么想说的吗
– What? – Do you have something you’d like to say?
我觉得我已经说了
I think I’m saying it.
情况不对劲
Something’s going on.
要么就是他皈依基♥督♥了
Either he’s converted to Christianity,
要么就是出事了
or there’s something else.
我建议你去问迪克本人
Well, I would suggest you ask Dickie that yourself.
奥泰罗餐厅就在科索大道那边的克罗齐街上
Otello’s is on Della Croce just off the Corso.
是在科索大道那边的克罗齐街上吗
Is it on della Croce just off the Corso?
真厉害啊 你学得真快 对吧
Sure. You’re a quick study, aren’t you?
上次你连自己屁♥股♥到手肘的路都不认识
The last time you didn’t know you ass from your elbow,
现在你还给我指路
and now you’re giving me directions.
这么说不公平 你大概知道屁♥股♥到手肘的路
That’s not fair. You probably do know your ass from your elbow.
回见
I’ll see you.
-一切可好 小伙子 -是的
– Tutto bene, ragazzo? – Bene.
没有迪克·格林里夫 只有汤玛斯·瑞普利
No Dickie Greenleaf. Thomas Ripley.
真的 迪克就在上面
Sì, Dickie sta su.
今天他们把钢琴送来了
oggi hanno portato il piano,
搞得乱七八糟的 脏死了