I’m a boy.
我试着告诉你了 我是个男孩
I tried to tell you. I’m a boy.
一个人类男孩
A human boy.
如果你能理解
If you could only understand.
你知道 孩子 爱 是个充满力量的东西
You know, lad, that love business is a powerful thing.
比重力更强大
Greater than gravity?
是的 孩子 从某种角度上
Well, yes, boy, in its way.
是的 我得说 那是地球上最强大的力量
I’d… Yes, I’d say it’s the greatest force on earth.
埃克特 埃克特
Ector! Ector!
埃克特爵士 厨房♥
Sir Ector, the kitchen!
住手 儿子
Hold it, son.
到处都是黑魔法
Madness all over the place. Kay!
我说 停下
Hold that, I say.
什么事吵吵嚷嚷的
Now, what’s all the commotion?
厨房♥ 被恶魔控制了
The kitchen, it’s under an evil spell.
被施法了
It’s bewitched.
我打赌肯定是那个老头 玛文
No! I bet it’s that old goat, Marvin.
过来 孩子 我就知道他会给我们惹麻烦
Come on, son. I knew he’d give us trouble.
我的天
Gadzooks!
最恐怖的黑魔法
Black magic of the worst kind!
来吧 凯 攻击了
Come on, Kay, to the attack!
神啊 救救我吧
Heaven preserve us!
凯
Kay!
这又是怎么了 我的天哪
Now, what have we here? Jumpin’ hop toads.
魔法的力量
Alakazam!
你在这儿啊 你个老鬼
So there you are, you old goat.
把这到处都施了邪恶的魔法 你到底想干吗
What’s the idea of flinging your evil spells all over the place?
帮我一下 孩子
Lend me a hand, boy.
你还有什么好说的
Well, what have you got to say for yourself?
你管刷碗和洗地板叫做邪恶行为
You call washing dishes and sweeping floors a work of evil?
这是我的地盘 是对是错我说了算
I’ll decide what’s right and wrong around here.
再说了 那是沃特的工作 他的职责之一
Besides, that’s the Wart’s job, one of his duties.
听着 孩子
Look here, boy.
如果你想去伦敦 你就得好好表现
If you want to make that trip to London, you’d better toe the mark.
你个老家伙
You old goat!
如果我在厨房♥里再看到你 我就
If I ever catch you in my kitchen again, I’ll…
女士 不会的
Madam, you won’t.
我的天
Oh, dear.
他不见了
He’s gone.
天哪
Well, by Jove.
我们得把这个怪老头赶出城♥堡♥
We ought to run the old geezer right out of the castle.
不 不 凯 不行
Oh, no. No, no, Kay, no.
他可能会用更可怕的魔法
He might cast an evil spell on the lot of us.
把我们都变成石头
Turn us all into stone.
不 谁都不知道这个老怪物会做什么
No, there’s no telling what the old devil might do.
他不是老怪物
He’s not an old devil!
他 他是好人 而且他的魔法 也不邪恶
He… He’s good and his magic is good, too.
如 如果你不去惹他 听着 沃特
If… If you just leave him alone. Now, look here, Wart.
多记三次过 给他一巴掌 老爸
That’s three more demerits. Box his ears, Dad.
就因为你无法理解一些事情 这不代表它就是错的
Just because you can’t understand something, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.
再多记十次过
Ten more demerits!
你制定了所有的规则 其他人必须遵从
You make all the rules and nobody else can say anything.
你话太多了 小鬼
You’ve said a-plenty, boy.
那些牢骚刚刚毁了你最后的希望 凯
All that popping off just cooked your goose. Kay!
从现在开始 小霍布斯是你的侍从
From now on, young Hobbs is your squire.
你听到了么 沃特
Did you hear that, Wart?
霍布斯要成为凯的侍从了
Hobbs is going to be Kay’s squire.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
现在知道乱发牢骚的后果了么 小鬼
That will teach you to pop off, you little pipsqueak.
我很抱歉 年轻人
I’m sorry, lad.
对不起 一切都被我搞砸了
I’m sorry. I spoiled everything.
我知道伦敦之行对你意义重大
I know that trip to London means a great deal to you.
但那不是你的错
It’s not your fault.
我不该乱发牢骚的
I shouldn’t have popped off.
这一切都是我自找的
Now I’m really done for.
不 不 你现在正处关键时期 孩子
No, no, you’re in a great spot, boy.
现在起你不会更糟的 一切只会变得越来越好
You can’t go down now. It can only be up from here.
我想知道要怎样做
I’d like to know how.
用你的头脑
Use your head.
接受教育 孩子
An education, lad.
那又能做什么 先学了再说 谁知道呢
What good will that do? Get it first, then, who knows?
你愿意试试么
Are you willing to try?
当然 我又没什么损失
Well, what have I got to lose?
要的就是这种精神 我们从明天开始
That’s the spirit. We’ll start tomorrow.
我们会证明给他们看的 是吧 孩子
We’ll show ’em, won’t we, boy?
当然
We sure will.
但是 首先
Now, first of all, lad,
我们得把所有过时的想法从你脑袋里弄出去
we’ve got to get all of these medieval ideas out of your head.
腾点地方给那些新的思想
Clear the way for new ideas.
几个世纪以后人们的那些令人难以置信的发现
Knowledge of man’s fabulous discoveries in the centuries ahead.
这就是一个巨大的优势
Now, that will be a great advantage.
优势 当然
Advantage, indeed!
如果现在有人说地球是圆的 他会被认为精神错乱了
If the boy says the world is round they’ll take him for a lunatic.
地球是圆的 是 是的 的确
The world is round? Yes, yes, that’s right.
而且它还在转
And it also goes around.
你是说有天它会变成圆的
You mean, it’ll be round someday?
不 不 不 它现在就是圆的
No, no, no. It’s round now.
人类会在几个世纪后发现这一点
Man will discover this in centuries to come.
而且同时也会发现
And he will also find
这个世界仅仅只是宇宙中一个小点
that the world is merely a tiny speck in the universe.
宇宙 你把这孩子弄糊涂了
Universe? You’re only confusing the boy.
他会变的很困惑 他会 他会把鞋子穿到他头上
He’ll be so mixed up he’ll… He’ll be wearing his shoes on his head.
人类总是从过去的经验中学习
Man has always learned from the past.
毕竟 你不能倒过来学习历史
After all, you can’t learn history in reverse.
这已经足够混乱了 天那
It’s confusing enough, for heaven’s sakes.
很好 很好
All right. All right.
那么你来 阿基米德 你来管
Have it your way, Archimedes. You’re in charge.
现在你是校长
You’re the headmaster now.
从现在开始 他是你的学生
So, from now on he’s your pupil.
那么 从现在开始 孩子
So, from now on, boy,
跟着我说的做
you do as I say.
是 先生 很好
Yes, sir. All right.
首先 我要你读完这些书
Now, to start off, I want you to read these books.
这些全部
All of them?
是的 孩子 这是知识的山脉
That, my boy, is a mountain of knowledge.
但我不识字 什么 什么
But I can’t read. What, what? What!
那我也不能指望你会写了 是的 先生
I don’t suppose you know how to write? No, sir.
那你会什么 呃 好的
Well, what do you know? Well, I…
没关系 没关系 那我们从头开始 从ABC开始
Never mind, never mind. We’ll start at the bottom. The ABC’s.
首先是A 然后现在是B
First the A and now the B.
圈起来绕过去 这就是C
Loop and around and there’s the C.
梅林 看 我会写字了
Merlin, look. I can write!
哦 是 是的 这非常好 孩子
Oh, yes, yes. That’s very good, boy.
潦草 非常潦草 潦草
Hen scratch, that’s all. Hen scratch.
现在 继续 D E F
Now, come on. D, E, F.
现在是G
And now the G.
你看 这很简单 不 不 错了 孩子
You see, it’s as simple as… No, no, no, no, boy!
用用脑子 要用你的脑子 不然你怎能学会
Use your head, use your head, will you? How do you expect to learn anything?
阿基米德
Archimedes.
你见过飞行器模型吗
Have you seen that flying machine model?
我对你那些未来主义的无聊事情没有兴趣 你知道的
I have nothing to do with your futuristic fiddle-faddle, you know that.
那边那个是什么
What’s that thing up there?
是的 当然 找到了
Yes, of course. Here we are.
你是说将来人类能飞
Do you mean man will fly in one of those someday?
如果人要能飞的话 那么应该带着翅膀出生
If man were meant to fly, he’d have been born with wings.
我会证明另一个结果 阿基米德 如果你想看的话
I am about to prove otherwise, Archimedes, if you care to watch.
她起飞了
Here she goes!
不 不 不
No, no, no!
人类会飞
Man will fly, all right.
像石头一样飞么
Just like a rock.
她能飞起来的 如果 如果