我以为Grambling是全黑的 -然后呢?
I thought Grambling was all black. – So what?
你今天晚上要做什么?
What are you doing tonight?
我告诉了,我不重写我的英语文章。我有社交生活
I’ll tell you, I am not rewriting my English paper. I have a social life.
是的,我忘记了。你得去交谊会
That’s right, I forgot. You’ve got to go to a mixer.
在角落站3个小时,而不邀请任何人跳舞
Stand in the corner for three hours, and not ask anyone to dance.
是这个学校的女孩
It’s the girls at this school.
他们只想呆在室内、抽烟和聊天。我不喜欢他们。
All they want is to stay indoors, smoke cigarettes and relate. I don’t like them.
你为什么得喜欢他们?
Why do you have to like them?
你是死肉
You’re dead meat.
陶布是什么意思,我得生活?
What does Taub mean, I have to live life?
在高校,我是纽约市的联♥合♥国♥代表
In high school, I was delegate to the mock UN in New York City.
2次
Twice.
9岁的时候,我拳击的时候,打断了我兄弟的鼻子
When I was nine, I broke my brother’s nose, boxing.
去格雷斯的旅行中, 我昏倒在Elvis的卧室
On a tour of Graceland, I passed out in Elvis’ bedroom.
我觉得我已经过完我 该过的生活了,不是吗?
I think I’ve done my share of living, haven’t I?
你觉得吉布这个人怎么样? -不觉得怎么样
What do you think of that guy Gib? – I don’t.
我想他的屁♥股♥很可爱
I think he’s got a cute ass.
他? -是的。
Him? – Yeah.
吉布森,抢断!他开始跑了!
Gibson, with the interception! And he’s got some running room!
他跑到30, 跑到40…
He’s to the 30, to the 40…
他已摆脱吉姆博·麦卡维奇中场的限制!
and he’s run out of bounds at midfield by Jimbo Maccavechi!
那是吉布森这一季度的第9次抢断
That’s Gibson’s 9th interception of this very young season.
他今年很风光
He’s having an outstanding year.
“生活是最终的经历。”
“Life’s the ultimate experience.”
别管它。她喜欢智慧型的
Forget it. She likes the intellectual type.
我很聪明,人也好
I’m intellectual, and stuff.
你的英文挂了。那是你的母语,这还聪明
You’re flunking English.That’s your mother tongue, and stuff.
她会跟你约会也绝对是因为同情你
The only way she’d go out with you is out of pity.
马斯丁, 你是个天才 -重新开始,在1位置 .
Mastin, you’re a genius. – Stop and go, on 1.
分开!
Break!
你们2个都死了 -准备。开始
Both y’all are dead. – Ready down. Set.
现在看着。小屋。三个小屋
Hut one. Hut two. Hut three. – Watch it, now. -Hut one. Hut two. Hut three.
1,1000 2,1000,3,1000
One, one thousand, two, one thousand, three, one thousand.
很漂亮的D. -快跑!
Nice D. – Go!
漂亮
Nice.
你去哪? -继续!
Where are you going? – Come on!
球!
The ball!
我的英文挂了。我在想你能否帮助我
I’m flunking English. I was wondering if maybe you could help me out.
很漂亮的游泳衣
Nice swimsuit.
如果我英文挂了,我就得离开这里
If I flunk English, I’m out of here.
跟大学吻别了
Kiss college goodbye.
我不知道我该做什么
I don’t know what I’ll do.
也许我会回家
I’ll probably go home.
爸爸会大怒,妈妈会伤心欲绝
Gee, Dad will be pissed off.Mom will be heartbroken.
如果我的打算可行的话,我也许能得到6个月的宽限期……
If I play my cards right, I get maybe a six-month’s grace period…
然后我得去找工作,你知道这将意味着什么
and then I got to get a job,and you know what that means
对。我得重新开始……
That’s right. They start me off at the drive-up window…
我从酒精中毒性精神病人变成乞丐……
and I work my way up from shakes to burgers…
然后有一天,我的好运终于来了
and then, one day, my lucky break comes.
他们给我一份工作
The French fry guy dies, and they offer me the job.
但我要开始的那一天,有些男人开着黑色林肯大♥陆♥车进来⋯
But the day I have to start, some men come in a black Lincoln Continental…
并告诉我,只要我把货车从墨西哥开回来,我就能马上赚$300
and tell me I can make a quick $300 just for driving a van back from Mexico.
我从监狱出来的时候,已经36了……
When I get out of jail, I’m 36 years old…
住在旧旅馆,没有工作……
Iiving in a flophouse. No job…
没有家,没有上进心,牙齿只有几颗
no home, no upward mobility, very few teeth.
然后有一天,他们找到我,发现我脸朝下……
Then one day they find me, face down…
与阴沟聊天,抓着油漆稀释剂。为什么会变成这样?
talking to the gutter, clutching a bottle of paint thinner. And why?
因为你不帮我学习英语。不帮!
Because you wouldn’t help me in English. No!
你太忙了不能帮助我!
You were too busy to help me!
太忙了帮不上我这个要溺死的人!
Too busy to help a drowning man!
好的。
Okay.
什么好的? -好的,我会帮你的
Okay, what? – Okay, I’ll help you.
你会吗?
You will?
什么时候?
When?
今天晚上怎么样?
How about tonight?
我看看。星期5吧。
Let’s see. Friday.
5:30,晚饭; 6:00,微积分学
5:30, dinner. 6:00, calculus.
7:00,新闻; 7:30,洗澡
7:00, news. 7:30, shower.
7:45, 打电♥话♥。 8:00?
7:45, phone call. 8:00?
8:00, 我不知道这是我整理袜子抽屉的时间
8:00, I don’t know. That’s when I rearrange my sock drawer.
你到底想不想我帮你 我想
– Do you want me to help you, or not? – I do.
好了,我只是在开玩笑
I was just kidding, there.
8:00. -好的
8:00. – Okay.
到时见。
See you then.
哪里? -麦肯齐大厅
Where? – McKenzie Hall.
好极了!
Great!
星期5晚上了!
It’s Friday night!
“我是东北一所规模很小的大学的新生
“I’m a freshman at a small Northeastern college.
“几天前,我才想到那些信也许是真的……
“I never thought those letters were true, until a few days ago…
“有个经历改变了我的想法
“I had an experience that changed my mind.
“我想告诉你这个经历
“I just had to share it with you.
“有个晚上,我懒洋洋的看着杂♥志♥……
“I had resigned myself to another night of reading your magazine…
“直到有人敲寝室门。
“when there was a knock on my dorm room door.
“我打开门,几乎不能相信我的眼睛
“And when I opened the door, I could hardly believe my eyes.
“有2个我见过的最狡猾的双胞胎
“There were two of the foxiest twins I had ever seen…
“长长的金发,直直的腿……
“with long brunette hair, legs that wouldn’t quit…
“结实的乳♥房♥♥”
“and firm tits.”
听起来怎样?
How does that sound?
把“乳♥房♥♥”改成“令人垂涎肌肤的低圆领口”
Change “tits” to “generous scoops of mouthwatering flesh.”
然后加上不下垂
And have them defy gravity.
这件衬衣好不好?
Is this shirt good?
是的。你想他们会知道“肌肤的低圆领口”的意思就是“乳♥房♥♥”吗?
Yeah. You think they’ll know that “scoops of flesh” means “tits”?
我想它不够明确
I don’t think it sounds specific enough.
那你想肌肤的低圆领口还有什么意思?
Where else are you gonna find scoops of flesh?
这样开头怎么样:
How’s this for an opening line:
“你知道尼采是死于梅毒的吗?”
“Did you know that Nietzsche died of syphilis?”
怎么拼写”zucchini”? -Z-u-c-h-i-n-i
How do you spell “zucchini”? – Z-u-c-h-i-n-i.
尼采太无名了
Nietzsche’s too obscure.
“你知道莎士比亚是死于梅毒的吗?”怎么样 ?
How about, “Did you know that Shakespeare died of syphilis?”
她可能知道这不是真的。我不知道说些什么
She probably knows it isn’t true. I don’t know what to say.
你说什么不重要,重要的是你怎么说
It’s not what you say that counts, but how you say it.
要真诚。这是最好的技巧 -什么
Use sincerity. It’s the best technique. – What?
过来
Come here.
你知道吗,我以前从没见过你这样的人
You know, I’ve never met anyone like you before.
一般来说,碰到不认识的人,我会觉得尴尬和害羞
Usually, when I meet someone new,I feel awkward and shy.
但是跟你在一起,就不会这样
But with you, it’s different.
我能跟你聊天
I can talk to you.
不必我用复杂的术语解释,你就能明白我在想什么
You know what I’m thinking, without my having to explain it to you in fancy terms.
我们说着彼此未说出口的语言⋯⋯
We speak each other’s unspoken language…
流利
fluently.
我爱你。
I love you.
这是我一生中听过的最大的谎话
That is the most enormous pile of horseshit I’ve ever heard in my life.
滚出去,你这个狡猾的家伙 -没有女人会听信这个的
Get out of here, you piece of slime. – No chick would ever buy it.
这你就错了。我就是这样得到露西的
That’s where you’re wrong. It’s how I got Lucy.
谎话连篇 -有效的谎话
It’s horseshit. – Effective horseshit.
生活
Get a life.
这是真的
It’s true.
门开着
It’s open.
我拖了太久了,我甚至还没给 我的英语文章找到题目
I’m so far behind, I haven’t even picked out a theme for my English Lit term paper.
当然圣诞节我还是会去的
Of course I’m still coming out there for Christmas.
你以为我会让你跟那些加利福尼亚大学洛杉矶分校的女生单独在一起吗?
You think I’m gonna leave you alone with all those UCLA girls?
我只是出不起机票钱。我父母只出我去看他们的钱
I just can’t afford to fly.My parents will only pay if I go to see them.
别担心。我来想办法
Don’t worry. I’ll figure something out.
他们在这个公告牌上列出交通工具。
They have this bulletin board where they list rides.
我真的想见你
I really want to see you.
我会给你发民事责任条款的,我保证
I will send you the article on civil liability, I promise.
杰森?
Jason?
你吃过你认为对你有害的食物吗?
Do you ever eat food that you think is bad for you?
我不这样认为。这不重要。
I didn’t think so. It’s not important.
你先告诉我
You tell me first.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!