也就是后来提走钱的特工
Your partner was the agent who would later collect the money.
– 非常聪明
– Brilliant.
– 另一个特工用什么假名?
– What was the agent’s alias?
– 威拿 兹伯德
– Werner Ziebold.
– 威拿……兹伯德
– Werner…Ziebold.
你是怎么拿到兹伯德的签名的?
How did you get a specimen of Ziebold’s signature?
特别中转给我的
Special Dispatch gave it to me.
这样,请继续
All right. Go on, please.
没什么可以继续的了,就这些
There’s nothing to go on about. That was it.
家庭账号♥开好以后,只有两个人能提
The joint account was opened. Only two people could draw on it.
不消一个星期,最多两个,毫无疑问,神秘的兹伯德
Within a week or two, no doubt, the mysterious Mr. Ziebold
会到银行提走他的钱
went to the bank and drew his money.
我从不知道什么时候,也不知道为什么
I never knew when. I never knew why.
我从不在意这个,但我恨他们
I never damn well cared. By that time I hated the lot of them.
“老总”,那个嚼着酒胶糖的老家伙,我……
Control, those damned old pussycats chewing their wine gums. I hated…
请进
Come in.
请原谅,皮特先生,这是由特别信使送来的
Excuse me, Herr Peters, this came by special messenger.
谢谢
Thank you.
他们在英国找你
They’re looking for you in England.
什么都没提,就是找你
They don’t say anything. They just want you.
你失踪了,警♥察♥需要有关你消息
You’re missing, and the police want information.
我得打个电♥话♥
I shall have to make a telephone call.
在这儿等着
Wait here.
我们得走了
We have to leave.
对我们来说,荷兰不再安全了,我们立即动身
Holland is not safe for you anymore. We have to go at once.
以后再继续讨论
The discussion will be continued later.
你什么意思?走?你说往哪儿走?
What do you mean, go? Go where?
东边,还有哪里?
East. Where else?
我的护照再有18天就过期了
My passport lapses in 18 days.
你的护照已经是个麻烦了
Your passport is an embarrassment already.
是你安排的,是么?
You did it, didn’t you?
你的人告诉的伦敦
Your people leaked it in London.
你要把我弄出荷兰,到亲密战友的天堂去
You want to get me out of Holland to some cozy workers’ paradise
你怎么保证我的安全,我不想就这么去
where you can keep me safe and warm. I don’t want that.
我要我的钱,我现在就想走,我只想要我的钱!
Give me my money. I’ll go now. Just give me my money!
你还没挣到这笔钱呢
You have not yet earned the money.
况且,如果你现在离开我,不出48小时你就会被抓起来
Besides, if you go now, you will be caught within 48 hours.
那么,你有什么建议吗?
So precisely what do you propose to do about it?
– 来了?
– Yes?
– 帕瑞小姐?
– Miss Perry?
我叫司麦理,阿莱克 利马斯的朋友
My name is Smiley. I am a friend of Alec Leamas.
我们的关系很好,在柏林时我们一起工作
A close friend. We worked for the same firm in Berlin.
这是我的名片
Here’s my business card.
向你保证,我是个很可靠的人
I assure you, I am quite respectable.
– 你想进来?
– You mean you want to come in?
– 女士,现在还不是很晚
– Please, if it’s not too late.
是的
No.
累了?
Tired?
你不么?
ren’t you?
不要
No.
我从不在吃晚饭的时候喝酒
I didn’t have any drink with my supper.
我的晚饭除了酒没别的
I didn’t have any supper with my drink.
他们会立刻询问我开始么?
Will they start in on me right away?
不知道
I don’t know.
如果他们还有些常识的话,他们会等你的头脑冷静下来
If they have any sense, they will wait until your head is clearer.
我会见到谁?
Who will I see?
费德勒
Fiedler.
费德勒
Fiedler.
这间屋子是谁的?费德勒的?
Whose room is that? Fiedler’s?
不是,他的在东边
No. He is in the east wing.
非常合适
Very appropriate.
他什么时候来?
When will he come?
这由他自己决定
In his own time.
你觉得他对自己的工作在行么?
Do you think he’s good at his job?
对于犹太人来说,没问题
For a Jew.
你累了,我们明天再说
You’re tired. We’ll talk in the morning.
6点钟你会被叫醒的,请在7点准备好,我们没时间浪费
You will be wakened at 6, please be ready at 7. We can’t waste time.
你有他第一次的问话纪录?
You have the transcript of his first interrogation?
是的
Yes.
门一直锁着
It’s still locked.
那是穆特的地方
They are Mundt’s quarters.
他离开一段时间
He’s away for a while.
– 他什么时候回来?
– When will he be back?
– 过一阵子吧
– In a while.
– 他没告诉你多少内容,是么?
– He doesn’t tell you much, does he?
– 他只告诉我他需要说的
– He tells me what he needs to.
穆特曾是纳粹,不是么?
Mundt was a Nazi, wasn’t he?
他曾是希♥特♥勒♥青年禁卫军的成员
那时他还是个纳粹青年团员,现在,他已经成长为一个社♥会♥主♥义♥者
He was a member of the Hitler Youth……as a boy. And now he’s a grown-up Communist.
– 我称这种人为“可利用的”
– He’s what I would call “available”.
– 就像你
– Like you.
我们要开始么?
Shall we begin?
我想先问你个有趣的问题
Let me start by asking you an amusing question.
还是让我先问你一个能让你笑掉脑袋的问题
Let me start by asking you one. Make you laugh your head off.
我的钱在哪里?
Where’s my money?
什么时候我能随心所欲的活动?
When can I go wherever… Wherever home is?
查尔顿回家了,皮特也回家了,我呢?
Carlton’s gone home. Peters has gone home. What about me?
– 协议是……
– The agreement was…
– 你们已经打破了该死的协议
– You’ve broken the bloody agreement.
并且阻止我回去,让我一回去就会掉脑袋
And barring miracles, broken my bloody neck too.
那时的协议是我在荷兰留两个星期,说出你们想要知道的
The agreement was that I be interrogated for two weeks in Holland,
我收到钱,然后再溜回英国
paid, and allowed to slip back to England
没人注意我到哪里去过
without anyone knowing I’d been away.
干过些什么,如果你们不揭发的话
And nobody would’ve known if you hadn’t broken the story.
你以为你是什么人物?
Just who the hell do you think you are?
你胆还不小,站在这里像拿破仑一样对我发号♥施令
How dare you come stamping in here like Napoleon ordering me about?
你是个叛逃者,不是么?
You are a traitor. Does it occur to you?
一个被通缉的,没有价值的,不忠诚的人,冷战时期最卑劣的人物
A wanted, spent, dishonest man. The lowest currency of the Cold War.
我们买♥♥了你,还可以卖♥♥你,丢弃你,甚至杀掉你
We buy you, we sell you, we lose you, we even can shoot you.
这里连只鸟都飞不出去
Not a bird would stir in the trees outside,
没有一个人会关心这里发生了什么
not a single pheasant would turn its head to see what fell.
况且,我们没有告诉伦敦
Besides, we didn’t tell London.
我们曾考虑再利用你一次,所以没告诉他们,你猜错了
We were thinking of using you again, so we didn’t tell them. You are wrong.
至于钱,等到你告诉我们所有的信息,你会拿到的
As for the money, you get it when you give us information.
你说得越爽快,我们付的越快
The better you talk, the sooner we pay.
到现在为止
So far…
你所提供的一无是处,都是些边角料,一点实质性内容都没有
…your information is useless. Cheap peddler’s stuff. Nothing.
需要我们给你加点压力么?
Shall we try a little harder?
这只是个需要思考的问题,我告诉你我知道的东西
It isn’t a question of trying. I’ve told you what I know.
得出什么结论是你的事情
Make your own deductions.
非常好
Very well.
那让我们一起来思考
Let’s make some deductions together.
作为一个特工,根据滚石行动的一些情况
What would you, as an experienced intelligence officer,
你自己有什么结论?
deduce from the few facts you gave us about Rolling Stone?
先让我说出我的结论,你的“老总”,还亲自指挥了一个特工
Then let me offer my conclusion first. Control himself was running an agent.
他付他报酬,给他任务,然后亲自监督任务执行
He paid him, christened the operation, personally supervised the case.
– 你觉得这合理么?
– Do you consider that fanciful?
– 有可能
– That’s possible.
任何事都有可能
Anything’s possible.
你能说出那个“老总”的特工的国籍么?
Can you deduce the nationality of Control’s agent?
我怎么知道?谁会知道?
How could l? How could anybody?
兹伯德这个名字是谁起的?谁选的?
Who chose the name Ziebold? Who chose it?
“老总”
Control.
一个德国名字,“老总”选的,为什么?
A German alias, and Control chose it. I wonder why.
那又怎么样?他仍旧可以是个西♥藏♥人
So what? He could still have been a bloody Tibetan.
噢,别这样,利马斯
Oh, come on, Leamas.
如果这个西♥藏♥人要到银行去,不招摇的取出一大笔钱
You don’t give a Tibetan a German alias if you want him to visit a bank
你不会给他起个德国名字吧
inconspicuously and draw out large sums of money.
你会给一个德国人起个德国假名,怎么样的德国人呢?
You give a German alias to a German. And to what kind of German?
如果要“老总”控制他,一个东德人
If Control ran him, an East German.
还有,如果需要“老总”控制他,