I’ll bring cash.
Pussy Willow,迪恩街
Pussy Willow, Dean Street.
730号♥,好么?
Seven thirty. OK?
好的
OK.
这样吧,我要走了,你可以把那瓶酒喝完
Well, I have to go now. Finish your wine.
那就,再见了
Ciao, then.
忘了说了,谢谢你的……
You know, thanks for the…
我们没有见过面,我叫司麦理
We haven’t met. My name’s Smiley.
我住这里
I live here.
这样说,他们联♥系♥你了
So they’ve made contact.
一个叫阿什的人
A man called Ashe.
你打杂货店老板的方法真是专业,阿莱克
The way you beat up that grocer was masterly, Alec.
在《西伦敦观察》有两小段文章
Two small paragraphs down the page in the West London Observer.
不过这已经足够了
But it was enough.
鲨鱼可以在几里以外闻到血腥
A shark can smell blood a mile off when he’s hungry,
穆特正在渴望我们的鲜血
and Mundt is hungry for our blood.
告诉我怎么称呼一个准备跑到敌人那里去,对晋升不感兴趣的间谍,
Name me a counter-espionage head who isn’t hungry for one high-grade,
叛逃的间谍
defecting spy.
这么说,我要叛逃?
So I’m to defect?
是的,我想让你建立起这么一个形象
Yes, I wanted you to build up the portrait of a man
整日酗酒,懒惰的,充满抱怨
whom inaction and embitterment had driven to drink,
但是还没有真正背叛
but not yet to actual treachery.
别被改变这样的形象,阿莱克
Don’t change the portrait by a brushstroke, Alec.
继续抱怨,继续喝
Just continue to be embittered, continue to drink.
喝,但是别喝得不能思考
Drink, but never be too drunk to think.
司麦理,给利马斯威斯忌和苏达
Smiley, give Leamas whiskey and soda.
那么我该考虑些什么?
And what am I to think about?
你得想想我们制♥造♥出来陷害穆特的证据
You’re to think about the evidence we’ve cooked up to incriminate Mundt.
要置他于死地
To incriminate him so lethally
让他的上级来抓他,然后给他一枪
that his own second-in-command will arrest him and have him shot.
是的,我们已经准备了很长时间了,阿莱克
Yes, we’ve been cooking for a long time, Alec,
有很多资料和黑材料
with a great many ingredients and a great many pots.
记得那两次从柏林出发行动么?
Remember those two trips you made for us from Berlin
到哥本哈根,和赫尔辛基?
to Copenhagen and Helsinki?
滚石行动
Operation Rolling Stone.
精确得说
Precisely.
那也是黑材料之一
That was one of the ingredients.
他们肯定会盘问你的,肯定
They’ll interrogate you, of course,
然后一点一点的,你会给出所有能置穆特于死地的证据
and bit by bit, you’ll come across with the evidence that’ll kill Mundt.
只要这里给些零碎的材料,那里再给些
Just feed them a stray fact here and a stray fact there.
让他们自己把零星的线索拼在一起
Let them piece the clues and the facts together
最后成为我们希望他们相信的那样
into the story we want them to believe.
是的,有个叫费德勒的人
Yes, there’s a man called Fiedler.
– 穆特的副手
– Mundt’s second-in-command.
– 费德勒,亲爱的阿莱克
– Fiedler, my dear Alec,
是我们计划的关键
is the linchpin of our plan.
他是唯一一个和穆特竞争的人
Fiedler’s the only man who’s a match for Mundt,
并且他从心底里恨穆特
and he hates his guts.
费德勒是个犹太人,当然了,穆特不是
Fiedler’s a Jew, of course, and Mundt’s quite the other thing.
相信我,亲爱的阿莱克
Believe me, my dear Alec,
费德勒是那种有朝一日在别人背后刺上一刀的人
Fiedler is the acolyte who one day will stab the high priest in the back.
至于
And…
滚石行动会提供给他把匕♥首♥
…Rolling Stone will provide him with the dagger point.
是的
Yes.
哦,顺便问一下
Oh, and by the way,
你不在的时候我们能为你做些什么么?
is there anything we can do while you’re away
为你的那个女朋友
for that girlfriend of yours?
帕瑞小姐
Miss Perry.
我是说,钱或者其他的什么
You know, I mean money or anything.
当行动结束的时候我会自己照料的
Only when it’s over, then I’ll take care of it myself.
这样啊,也好
Yeah, quite.
现在做任何事都会非常不安全,非常的不安全
To do anything now would be very insecure. Very insecure.
我其实只是不想让她被牵连
Well, I just don’t want her to be implicated.
我不会的
I promise not to.
而且不想她留下些档案或其他什么的
I don’t want her to have a file or anything.
– 我也不会那样
– I promise that too.
– 她最好离这事越远越好
– I want her left out of it.
我希望你们把她忘了
I want her forgotten.
应该这样
She shall be.
并且,这事结束以后,你也应该忘记她
And I think until this thing is over, you should forget her too.
去吧,会会阿什的朋友
Go and meet Ashe’s friend.
去会会查尔顿
Go and meet Carlton.
查尔顿之后是谁呢?
And after Carlton, whom?
噢,我们也不知道,不是么?
Oh, we don’t know, do we?
这次聚会算在“帮联”
This party’s on The Link,
释放人员慈善辅助社团上
charitable society for the rehabilitation of discharged prisoners.
给我们来瓶苏格兰酒,不用找
Bring us a bottle of Scotch and keep the change, if any.
也许你可以告诉我这到底算是什么地方
Perhaps you’ll tell me what the bloody hell’s going on.
– 你想说什么?
– I don’t know what you mean.
– 从监狱出来你就跟着我
– You followed me from prison
讲了个有关释放人员救助的故事
with some cock-and-bull story about prisoners’ aid.
你给我买♥♥了一份丰盛的午餐外加5英镑零花钱
You bought me an expensive meal and gave me a fiver
– 我还没为你做过任何事
– for services I didn’t render.
– 我只是在尝试……
– I was only trying…
我知道你再尝试些什么但别打断我
I know what you tried and don’t bloody well interrupt.
等我说完介意么?
Just wait until I’ve finished, do you mind?
你是很善于等待的,不是么?在拐角上
You’re used to waiting, aren’t you? On street corners.
我好心好意来帮你,你却只是羞辱我
Ever since I tried to help you, you’ve done nothing but insult me.
别说了
Drop it.
我想,我得澄清一下,
I want to make it crystal clear that although I’m prepared
虽然我个人不在意被人羞辱,但我不想
to accept insults from him in private, I’m not prepared to be insulted
在一个我尊敬的人面前被人羞辱
in front of somebody I admire and respect and…
出去
Get out.
出去
Get out.
好吧,迪克
OK, Dick.
如果你希望的话
If that’s what you want.
你现在是不是可以告诉我为什么让那个同性恋来找我
Now perhaps you’ll tell me why you let that queer pick me up.
我告诉他的是“用任何方式”
By all means. I told him to.
为什么?
Why?
作为“帮联”的成员我对你非常感兴趣
As a fellow member of The Link, I’m interested in you.
我想给你提个建议
I want to make you a proposition.
有关采访的建议
A journalistic proposition.
采访,我明白了
Journalistic. I see.
我有一个代理行
I run an agency.
提供国际服务,报酬优厚,非常的优厚
An international feature service. It pays well…very well,
前提是材料要有价值
for interesting material.
谁出版这些素材呢?
Who publishes the material?
噢,我们的国际客户
Oh, international client
我在巴黎有个负责人,他每天要整理非常多的材料
I have a correspondent in Paris who disposes of a good deal of the stuff.
不过我得承认,很多时候我都不知道这些材料的最终去处
Often I don’t even know who does publish, I confess.
我对此一点都不关心
I don’t awfully care.
他们付钱很痛快
They pay promptly,
而且愿意付到瑞士或是斯堪的纳维亚的银行
and they’re happy to pay into Swiss or Scandinavian banks,
这样就没人来关心诸如
for instance, where nobody seems to bother very much
缴税的问题
about things like tax.
他们甚至可以用你的笔名来开支票,如果你有的话
They’d even make the check payable to your pen name, if you had one.
最重要的是他们愿意付非常多的报酬
They’d have to pay a hell of a lot.
他们可以至少付给你1万5千英镑
They’re offering a down payment of €15,000.
前已经在伯尔尼州立银行准备好了
The money’s already lodged in the Banque Cantonale de Berne.
只要拿着我的客户提供给你的
On the production of suitable identification,
证明你身份的证明
with which my clients will provide you,
你就可以提取那笔钱
you can draw the money,
我的客户还会帮你解决可能的安顿问题
and my clients will assist you with any resettlement problems that may arise.
你什么时候要答复?
How soon would you want an answer?
现在。当然了,你不必书面给出所有的的材料
Now. Of course, you’re not expected to commit all your reminiscences to paper.
你只需要见我的客户就可以了,他会安排写的人的
You’ll meet my client, and he’ll arrange to have the material ghostwritten.
我要在那里见他?
Where would I meet him?
我们明天9点三刻飞海牙
We fly to The Hague tomorrow morning at 9:.45.
我会开车带你去拿行李的
I’ll drive you anywhere you have to go to pack.
不,不必了
No, you won’t.
利马斯,现在这个时刻,我不能让你在伦敦出任何差错

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!