Partly freedom, partly…
噢,南妮,别告诉我你是个…是个热血的社♥会♥主♥义♥者
Oh, Nan, don’t tell me you’re a…You’re a bloody Communist.
是的
Yes.
那个是我……
That’s me…
在为和平而战
…fighting for peace.
很多人只是动嘴巴,而党得有些实际行动
Well, other people just talk. The Party’s going to do something.
我能问一下,党会为南妮同志作些什么?
And what, may I ask, will the Party do for Comrade Nan?
有一次,我在欧洲大♥陆♥上的 一条主要公路上开车
I was once driving down a main road in…
看到两辆灰色的卡车
On the continent.
开过去慢慢并拢,在当中夹了辆房♥车
And I saw two gray trucks move out and converge…
我只听到了声音,因为我开过去了
…on a station wagon driving down the middle of the road.
我最后看到的是有三个孩子
I only heard the crash because I drove on.
两个小男孩,一个小女孩
The last I saw of the station wagon was three small children,
在房♥车后窗里面笑着
two little boys and a little girl,
我……
Laughing through the back window.
社♥会♥主♥义♥,资本主义
Communism. Capitalism.
最后总是平民无辜受害
It’s the innocents who get slaughtered.
同情并不够,没人想这样
Compassion isn’t enough. Nobody wants that.
因为,这肯定是计划好的,有组织的,有原因的
Why, it’s got to be organized, disciplined, to be of any use.
那就是党为我们做的,你没看到么?它……
Well, that’s what the Party does for us, don’t you see? It…
– 是啊,它控制我们的情感……
– Well, it organizes our emotions…
– 噢,南妮
– Oh, Nan.
– 你太过自傲了,不是么?
– You’re too proud for that, aren’t you?
– 南妮……
– Nan…
别争论了,阿莱克,今晚是想让你高兴的
Don’t let’s argue, Alec. This evening was meant to please you.
噢,是的
Oh, it did.
我是
It did.
呃……
Well…
谢谢你给我准备的炖肉
…thank you for my stew,
咖啡,红酒
and my coffee, and my wine,
还有药用威士忌
and my medicinal whiskey.
晚安,南妮
Good night, Nan.
半磅干酪
And a half a pound of parmesan.
– 还要些什么么,藏费雷罗女士?
– Anything more, Mrs. Zanfrello?
– 就这些,谢谢
– Will be all, thank you.
好吧,一共是,2,5,2,7
All right. That’ll be two, five, two, seven.
7点7镑,现金还是记账?
Seven and seven. Cash or credit?
– 请记在帐上
– Please to credit.
– 好的
– Right.
我要……我要听那种鱼子酱
Let me have… Let me have a tin of that caviar.
噢,那只是仿制品,利马斯先生,挪威的
Well, it’s only mock, Mr. Leamas. It’s Norwegian.
我喜欢仿制品
I prefer it mock.
我还要一听
Let me have a tin of…
加利福尼亚桃子罐头
…California Cling Peaches.
– 大的还是小的?
– Large or small?
– 大的
– Large.
我得保持体力
I’ve got to keep my strength up.
还有一……磅黄油
And a…pound of butter.
还要
And…
– 我还要些北海的虾
-…Iet me have some of these scampi.
– 意大利的,非常好
– ltalian. It’s very nice.
女士,如果你别侮辱爱尔兰人的热血的话我会非常感谢的
Madam, I’ll thank you not to insult the hot blood of lrish prawns
– 从都柏林的海湾来的
– taken from the Bay of Dublin herself.
– 马塞拉
– Marcella.
是的,先生请付总共19.9镑
Right, that’ll be 19 and 9, please, sir.
现金还是记账?
Cash or credit?
我没听清,先生
Beg your pardon, sir?
现金还是记账?
Cash or credit?
噢,你说过星期五的,利马斯先生,请付现金
Well, you said Friday, Mr. Leamas. Cash, please.
为什么一个意大利人能有信用,而一个热血爱尔兰人不能有?
If a bloody ltalian can have credit, why can’t a bloody lrishman?
没有必要讨论那个
There’s no need for talk like that.
把电♥话♥放下
Put that phone down.
放下电♥话♥!
Put that phone down!
马塞拉,打电♥话♥给警♥察♥
Marcella, call the police.
嘿,
SI,
我给你带了些三明治
I brought you some sandwiches.
你不该来的,南妮, 卡瑞尔小姐会怎么想
You shouldn’t have come, Nan. What’ll Miss Crail think,
在工作时间和一个有前科的人来往?
consorting with an ex-convict during the library’s time?
现在8点一刻,我会乘下班7路车,她不会知道的
It’s 8:.15. I’ll catch the next number seven, and she’ll never know.
你准备干什么,阿莱克?
What’ll you do, Alec?
出去走一圈,找些喝的,不去酒吧
Go for a walk. Have a bit of a think. Avoid the pubs.
到职业介绍所去,把我的行李从……
Visit the labor exchange. Collect my suitcase from…
我已经收拾好了,它们可以一直放在我家,直到找到住处
I’ve collected it. It’s at my flat till you find somewhere decent.
– 南妮,我……
– Nan, I…
– 晚饭8点开始
– Dinner will be at 8
有葡萄牙红酒拼作D-A-O,A上面有个变音符
with a Portuguese wine spelt D-A-O with a twiddle over the A
– 叫“dang”
– and pronounced “dang”.
– Dang.
– Dang.
我做了匈牙利烧肉
I made Hungarian goulash.
我想做一份社♥会♥主♥义♥的主菜
Well, I thought it’d be tactful to serve a Communist dish
加上集权主义的红酒还不赖
with totalitarian wine.
包裹里有什么,阿莱克?
What’s in the parcel, Alec?
– 我的睡衣
– My pajamas.
– 很好
– Good.
8点钟,别迟到了
Eight o’clock. Don’t be late.
喜欢鸟么?
Do you like birds?
白色脖子的那些是野的,其他的是被驯化过的
The ones with the white collars are wild. The others are domesticated.
对于人来说正好相反
With people it’s the other way around.
看鸟是我的爱好,我经常来这儿
Bird watching’s one of my hobbies. I often come here.
你经常在早上8点来这所监狱看鸟?
Do you also often come to Wormwood Scrubs Prison at 8:.00 in the morning to watch birds?
是的,被囚禁的鸟
Yes. Jailbirds.
– 他们是我的另一项爱好
– They’re my other hobby.
– 当然只有年轻的
– Only the young ones, surely.
那不是很公平
That’s not quite fair.
我是个劳♥改♥释放人员慈善辅助社团的成员
I’m a member of a charitable discharged prisoners’ aid society
我们的社团叫“帮联”
called The Link.
这是我的名片
My card.
为什么找我,阿什先生?
Why pick on me, Mr. Ashe?
因为政♥府♥说你拒绝监狱的帮助
Because the governor said that you’d refused prisoners’ aid,
并且你甚至不愿意见保释官
and you wouldn’t even see a probation officer.
现在开来,那是骄傲且愚蠢
Now, that’s proud and stupid.
– 这么说吧,我调查过你
– So I followed you.
– 有些什么帮助?
– What sort of aid
你的慈善机构会不会消失,阿什先生?
does your charitable organization dispense, Mr. Ashe?
我们试图找出你的职业资质
We try and find your professional qualifications.
每天半瓶威斯忌,这也许可以算作资质吧?
Half a bottle of whiskey a day. Or is that a disqualification?
介绍你给“帮联”的其他成员,他们可能可以给你找份工作
Then introduce you to other members of The Link who might find you a job.
官方允许我们从社会基金里给你5英镑补助
Officially, we’re allowed to offer you €5 out of society’s funds
用来帮你在出狱的最初几天的生活
to tide you over the first few days.
并且……
And…
非正式的,我们可以给你提供一份午餐
…unofficially, we’re allowed to offer you lunch.
还要些希腊葡萄酒么?
More retsina?
我看不出拒绝的理由,我没有任何清晰的概念该做些什么
I don’t see why not. I’ve nothing to be clear-headed for.
你会有的,只要你不再顽固
But you will have, if only you’ll stop being obstinate
并且让我把一位很棒的朋友,迪克 查尔顿介绍给你
and let me introduce you to this great friend of mine, Dick Carlton.
好的,好的,不过话说在前面,除了商业报告以外,我不会写东西
All right, all right. But I keep on telling you, I can’t write,
我也说在前面,你不必写东西
except business reports. And I keep on telling you, you don’t have to write.
他总在寻找有德国背景的材料
His agency’s always on the lookout for German background material.
政♥治♥,经济,社会,甚至旅游类
Political, economic, social, even tourist stuff.
他也为假日杂♥志♥服务
He services the holiday magazines too.
现在,根据你在柏林的经验
Now, you, with your business experience of Berlin,
加上事实,观点,他会负责所有的写作
provide the facts, the opinions. His chaps do all the writing.
实际上,我……我今晚就要见他
As a matter of fact, I’m… I’m meeting him myself this evening
在迪恩街的一个俱乐部,叫Pussy Willow,7点半,有酒
at a club in Dean Street, called the Pussy Willow, 7::30 for drinks.
– 想一起来么?
– Care to join us?
– 不了,对不起,不,我有约会
– No, sorry. Sorry, no. I have a date.
很快的,不会耽搁很久
Just drop in for a quick one.
你该对你自己好些
You might do yourself a bit of good.
不管怎么样,我会带张“帮联”的5镑支票给你的,来么?
Anyway, I’ll bring a check for 5 quid from The Link to tide you over.
支票?
A check?
我会带现金