Quite.
晚间新闻:伦敦凶手大追捕
罗伯特 琼斯
Robert Jones.
斯密斯
Smith.
罗伯特斯
Roberts.
T. 罗伯特斯
T. Roberts.
利马斯
Leamas.
阿莱克 利马斯
Alec Leamas.
约翰 威尔逊
John Wilson.
利马斯
Leamas.
上次以及再上次,是梅尔洛斯先生接待我的
Last time, and the time before, I was seen by a Mr.
我叫皮特,梅尔洛斯感冒了
My name is Pitt. Melrose has flu.
你一直不是很固定,是么?那些工作都不是非常的……
Not much of a stayer, are you? The jobs weren’t exactly…
利马斯先生,如果在中午时间经常无话可说
Mr. Leamas, fluent German isn’t much use,
作为有经验的销♥售♥代表
even in an experienced sales representative,
流利的德语也不是很有用
if he’s frequently speechless by lunchtime.
贝塔斯的男护士空缺……
Vacancies for male nurses at Battersea General…
我想我当病人还差不多
I think I’d do better as a patient.
这里有个位置,你的语言能力可能派得上用处
Here’s one where your languages might help.
在坎大哈路的布兰特尔心理研究所
The Blantyre lnstitute of Psychical Research in Candahar Road.
11路公共汽车5分钟的车程
Five minutes on an 1 1 bus.
他们还要个助手,图书管♥理♥员♥是克雷尔小姐
They want another assistant. Librarian’s a Miss Crail.
知道了,妈妈,我该漱漱口
Well, I should gargle, Mama.
是的,是的,我知道那里有很多
Yes. Yes, I know there’s a lot of it about.
是的
Yes.
是的
Yes.
好的,妈妈再见
Yes. Goodbye, Mama.
需要我效劳么?
Can I help you?
我叫利马斯,劳工局的皮特先生把我换到这里
My name is Leamas. I was sent from the labor exchange by a Mr. Pitt
作为新助手的候选人
as a possible new assistant.
– 你有资质证书么?
– You have your qualification form?
– 有
– Yeah.
你用过索引卡片么?
You’ve used a card index?
偶尔吧
Now and then.
– 你的笔迹怎么样?
– Is your handwriting legible?
– 除了周末我一般不写东西
– Except at weekends.
我们的书曾根据书名和作者索引排放
Our books used to be shelved and indexed under titles and authors.
但现在布里加蒂 巴兰泰尔想要
But now Brigadier Blantyre wants them rearranged and additionally indexed
把它们重新排列增加主题索引并且交叉引用作者和书名
under subjects, with cross-references to authors and titles.
因此…
Thus…
…《Phantasms of the Living》作者Gurney, Myers 和 Podmore
…Phantasms of the Living by Gurney, Myers and Podmore
已经根据书名开头的phantasms由字母P索引
has already been title-indexed under P for phantasms,
并且根据作者Gurney由字母G索引Myers由字母M索引…
and author-indexed under G for Gurney, M for Myers…
Podmore由P索引
P for Podmore.
很正确
Precisely.
现在它还必须根据主题apparition由字母A索引
Now it must also be subject-indexed under A for apparitions.
– 你明白了么?
– Have you understood that?
– 我被告知这份工作每星期有11.1镑
– They told methe job pays €1 1.10 a week.
抱歉
Excuse me.
是的,妈妈
Yes, Mama.
是的,妈妈
Yes, Mama.
想要三明治么?
Would you like to share my sandwiches?
– 真难以置信
– Wouldn’t dream of it.
– 有些东西叫“美味传播”?.
– Something called “Savory Spread”?
– 还是难以置信
– I still wouldn’t dream of it.
– 附近几英里连个咖啡馆都没有
– lsn’t a cafe for miles.
有酒吧么?
– 有,但是在那里没有午餐
– Yes, but you can’t get lunch in them.
– 我知道,就会来
– I know. I’ll be OK.
谢谢
Thank you.
晚上好,帕特摩先生
Bloody night, Mr. Patmore.
晚上好,利马斯先生
Bloody dirty, Mr. Leamas.
来块面包
Loaf of bread.
再要听角落上的这个牛肉罐头
A tin of this corned beef.
还要些橘子酱
Let me have some marmalade.
一罐番茄汤
A tin of tomato soup.
总共…
That’ll be…
四块六毛
…four and six.
记在我帐上,帕特摩先生
Shove it on the bill, Mr. Patmore.
对不起,利马斯先生,上星期我告诉过你了
Sorry, Mr. Leamas, I told you last week.
如果你想要个信用账号♥,你得有银行的担♥保♥
If you want a proper credit account, you need a banker’s reference.
星期五你会拿到钱的
You’ll get your cash on Friday.
星期五你会拿到东西的
You can have the goods on Friday.
我已经有工作了
I’ve got a job.
非常好,先生
Very well, sir.
帕丽小姐
Miss Perry.
怎么,利马斯先生?
Yes, Mr. Leamas?
Montague Summer写的《The Werewolf》我该……?
Montague Summers’ The Werewolf. Where would l…?
噢,分在变形类
Oh, under metamorphoses.
子分类……子分类人狼
It’s… It’s in the subsection on lycanthropy.
– 分什么?
– On what?
– 人狼
– Lycanthropy.
人狼是个会变形成狼的人
A lycanthrope is a man who’s been transformed into a wolf.
看上去很受欢迎,不少人都借过
It seems popular. Quite a lot of people have taken it out.
都是比密斯先生,他几乎每月都借一次
They’re all little Mr. Beamish. He takes it out about once a month.
满月的时候么?
At the full moon?
发了工资你准备干什么,阿莱克?
What do you do on payday, Alec?
干什么?
Do?
去看朋友么?
Do you visit friends?
或是看电影?
Go to the cinema?

No.
– 出去吃饭?
– Go out to dinner?
– 不
– No.
– 那你在哪里吃饭?家里?
– Where do you eat, then? At home?
– 我想是的
– I suppose so.
晚安
Good night.
想到我家来吃饭么?
Would you like to have dinner at my place?
我还有半瓶圣诞节留下来的葡萄酒
I’ve got a bottle of wine left over from Christmas.
我能再贡献半瓶苏格兰酒么?
Could I contribute half a bottle of Scotch?
我家里总有一瓶
I keep one at home.
用来派医疗用途的
For medicinal purposes.
蜡烛是新的,是么?
Candles were new, weren’t they?
它们只是从来没被使用过
They just hadn’t been used before.
过来喝杯咖啡和威士忌吧
Come have a coffee and whiskey.
噢,你真是不该准备这些
Nan, you really shouldn’t have.
要知道威士忌是非常非常贵的
You know, whiskey is very, very expensive.
– 糖?
– Sugar?
– 两块
– Two lumps.
用手拿就可以了
With your fingers will be all right.
不要牛奶
And no milk.
苏打也有医疗用途么?
Is the soda medicinal too?
– 你的观察力真好
– You’re very observant.
– 我必须这样
– I’ve had to be.
– 为什么?
– Why?
– 呃,我曾当过童子军领队
– Well, I was a scoutmaster.
我不相信
I don’t believe it.
有时候你看上去是个非常专注的人
You sometimes have the look of a dedicated man.
但不是那种
Not to that particular cause.
– 我,专注?
– Me, dedicated?
– 嗯…
– Well…
你相信什么?
What do you believe in?
哦,别笑,告诉我
Well, don’t laugh. Tell me.
我相信11路公交车能带我到哈默斯密斯街
I believe that a number 1 1 bus will get me to Hammersmith.
我不相信的是车子会由……圣诞老人驾驶
I do not believe it will be driven by…Father Christmas.
– 这不是个说法
– That’s not a cause.
– 你想要我相信什么?
– What’d you like me to believe in?
小飞侠彼得.潘?还是上帝?
Peter Pan? Or God?
噢,不,当然不,我也不相信上帝
Oh, no, of course not. I don’t believe in God either.
不?那你信什么?
No? What do you believe in?
我?
Me?
部分历史
History, partly.
部分自♥由♥,部分……

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!