And you’re here because?
谁回答都可以
Either of you can answer.
抱歉先生 我以为您是在读信
I’m sorry sir, I thought you were reading the letter.
读完了
Read the letter.
是这样的 我们之前有一个想法
Well, we came up with an idea
我们想建一个叫作哈佛网的网站
for a website called “Harvard Connection”
后来改名为 连接你和我
we’ve since changed the name to ConnectU.
然而马克·扎克伯格盗用了这个想法并且
And Mark Zuckerberg stole that idea and…
明白
I understand.
那你想让我怎么做呢
I’m asking what you want me to do about it?
好的 先生
Well, sir.
在哈佛每年发给新生的学生手册中
In the Harvard student handbook which is distributed to each freshman
在哈佛学生社团管理标准一章中
Under the heading standars of conduct in the Harvard community
明确表明学校期望每为学生都能诚实守信
it says the college expects all the students to be honest
并在随后与社团成员的交往中
and forthcoming in their dealings with members in the community.
须得尊重公众及私人财产
Stundents are required to respect public and private ownership
对于偷窃 不合情理的行为
and instances of theft, missappropriation…
-安妮 -在
– Anne? – Yes sir?
揍我一拳 你继续
Punch me in the face, go ahead.
或者
Or…
或者未经许可的使用会予以相应处分
Or unauthorised use will result in disciplinary action
包括开除学籍
including requirement to withdraw from the college.
你背出那么一大段想说明什么
You memorised that instead of doing what.
我们来这儿是为了郑重地请求您
What my brother came and I came here to ask you, respectfully…
先生 长话短说 盗窃这种行为
Sir, it’s against university rules to steal from another student.
有悖于学校的规则制度
Plain and simple
跟宿舍管♥理♥员♥反映过吗
Have you spoken to your housemaster?
有的 先生
Yes sir.
宿舍管♥理♥员♥建议我们向行政委员会投诉
And the housemaster made a recommendation to the ad. board
可他们不予理睬
but the ad. board won’t see us.
你们试过跟另一方直接交涉吗
Have you tried dealing with the other student directly?
扎克伯格先生在过去的两个礼拜里没有
Mr. Zuckerberg hasn’t been responding
对我们的邮件与电♥话♥做过任何回应
to any of our e-mails and phone calls for the last 2 weeks.
我们去科克兰宿舍拜访时也不开门回应
he doesn’t answer when we knock on his door at Kirkland.
我和他本人距离最近的面对面交涉
And the closest I’ve come to dealing with him face to face.
是在哈佛广场里玩”追捕游戏”
when I saw him on the quad and chased him through Harvard Square.
你追捕他吗
You chased him?
我 我看到了他而且他肯定也看到了我
I-I-I saw him and I know he saw me,
所以我才追的 然后他就不见了
I went after him, and he disapeaared.
我不认为这事在学校管理范围内
I don’t see this as a universty issue.
怎么会呢
Of course this is a universty issue.
这牵涉到道德法则
There’s a code of ethics
以及荣誉法则 他两个都违犯了
and an honor code and he violated them both.
你们与学校之间有道德契约
You entered into a code of ethics with the university.
你们学生之间没有
Not with each other.
很抱歉 萨默斯校长
I’m sorry President Summers.
我觉得你刚说的纯属无稽之谈
What you just said makes no sense to me at all.
真令人伤心
I’m devestated by that.
我兄弟的意思是 这等同于
What my brother means is
马克·扎克伯格走进我们寝室偷走了电脑
Mark Zuckerberg walked into our dorm room and stole our computer.
校方当然要管
That would be a universty issue.
那可不见得
I don’t know,
这办公室可不是用来处理小偷小摸的
this office doesn’t handle petty larceny.
这不是小偷小摸
This isn’t petty larceny.
这个想法的潜在价值成百上千万
This idea is potentialy worth millions of dollars.
-成百上千万吗 -没错
– Millions? – Yes.
你也太异想天开了
You might just be letting your imaginations run away with you.
先生
Sir.
我觉得你无权下此断论
I honestly don’t think you’re in any position to make that call.
我做过财政部长
I was the US Treasury Secretary.
我有资格那样说
I’m in some position to make that call.
让想象力伴随我们成长
“Letting our imagnations run away with us”
那不正是您在新生演讲中所说的吗
is exactly what we were told to do in your Freshaman Address?
没错 我建议把你们的想象力
Well then I would suggest that you let your imaginations
着力于新的创意上
run away with you on a new project.
是吗
You would?
哈佛的每个人都在创造
Yes, everyone at Harvard is inventing something
哈佛学生都相信
Harvard undergarduates believe that inventing
创造一项新的工作比找到工作更有意义
a job is better then finding a job.
所以我再次建议
So I suggest again that
你们两个把精力放在新的创意上
the two of you come up with a new new project.
抱歉 先生 那不是重点
I’m sorry, sir. But that’s not the point.
好 那什么是重点
Please, arrive at the point.
就算你不是知识产权方面的专家
You don’t have to be a intellectual property expert
也应该能辨别这次到底谁对谁错
to understand the difference between right and wrong.
你是在说我不能明辨是非吗
You’re saying that I don’t?
不是那个意思 先生
Of course I am not saying that sir.
我就是那个意思
I’m saying that.
是吗
Really?
-先生 -安妮
– Sir? – Anne.
这个见面是怎么安排的
How did they get this appointment?
他俩父亲的同事安排的
Colleagues of their father.
温克沃斯先生与温克沃斯先生
Let me tell you something, Mr. Winklevoss, Mr. Winklevoss.
我来告诉你们什么是对什么是错
Since you’re on the subject of right and wrong.
你们的举动 这次会议
This action, this meeting,
你们两个坐在这里 就是错的
the two of you being here, is wrong
这是哈佛所不屑的
It’s not worthy of Harvard,
这不是哈佛想在你们身上看到的
it’s not what Harvard saw in you.
你们不应当搞特权
You don’t get special treatment.
我们并没有
We never asked…
等等 您的意思是让我们搞个另外的创意吗
Wait…wait…just starting another project?
像在科学会展上搞个立体模型吗
Like we’re amking a diorama for a science fair?
温克沃斯先生 如果你对那有什么问题
If you have a problem with that Mr. Winklevoss…
我们从未要求被特殊对待
We never asked for special treatment.
你们完全可以采取司法途径
The courts are always at your disposal.
还有可以为您效劳的吗
Is there anything else I can do for you.
泰勒
Tyler.
感谢 叨扰了
Thank you very much for your time.
不小心弄坏了有三百多年历史的门把手
I broke a 335 year-old door knob.
爱德华多 春假的时候你
Eduardo, Spring Break you
同扎克伯格先生去了趟纽约
and Mr. Zuckerberg took a trip to New York.
是的
Yes.
这趟出行的目的是?
What was the purpose of the trip?
呃 作为首席财务官
Well, as CFO I have set up some meetings
我安排了和几个潜在广♥告♥商的见面
with potential advertisers.
旅行费用是如何支付的
Who paid for the trip?
几个月前
It was paid for out of the thousand dollar account
我存进银行的一千美元
I had set up a few months earlier.
到那时为止 你那一千美元
At this point your thousand dollars
是投在公♥司♥上的唯一资金吗
was the only money that had been put into the company?
是的
Yes.
你觉得会议进行得怎样
How did you feel the meetings went?
糟糕透了
They went terribly.
为何
Why?
马克老打瞌睡
Mark was asleep.
我没打瞌睡
I was not asleep.
可以修正下我的回答吗
Can I repharse my answer?
我倒是希望他睡着了
I wish he had been asleep.
我们现在已经覆盖到二十九所大学
So we’re in 29 schools now
注册人员超过七万五千
with over 75,000 members.
上TheFacebook的人都习惯多待一会儿
People who go on TheFacebook tend to stay on longer
比绝大多数其它站点待得时间都要长
than almost any other web site.
我这有些非常令人吃惊的统计数据
Now here’s the most impressive statistcs.
百分之九十一的人
91% of people who try it once
会成为回头客 现在如果你允许我
will come back. Now if you’ll allow me…
打扰一下
Excuse me one second…
他在干嘛 看不起我吗
What sound is he making, is that like a tisk?
没有
Wasn’t a tisk.
那是
It was…
喉塞音
like a glottal stop.
就像呕吐反射一样