We have an opening for a new errand boy. Now see here.
我们现在缺个跑腿小弟
I want a educated, healthy boy, good family and no bad habits.
我要出身良好 受过教育 健康的男孩 而且没有坏习惯
Send me four or five. I’ll look them over. Right away, if you please.
派四五个过来让我挑 如果可以的话 请尽快
Tell them to ask for Mr. Katona, the sales department.
告诉他们 找销♥售♥部的卡托那先生
All right.
是的
What’s the matter, didn’t you ever see a clerk before?
怎么啦 你们没看过柜员吗?
Who made you a clerk? Yes, who did this dreadful thing?
谁升你为柜员的? 没错 谁做了这么可怕的事?
I can’t give you the whole story. I’m tied up with my word of honor.
听着 各位 我不能告诉你们整个故事 我必须遵守我的诺言
If it hadn’t been for me, this place would be closed on account of suicide…
但如果不是因为我 这家店早就因自杀事件而关闭
…and you’d all be out of a job.
你们也就会全部失业
Matuschek and Company, good morning. Yes, Mrs. Matuschek.
马朵查克公♥司♥ 早安 是的 马朵查克太太
Don’t miss this, folks.
别错过这个了 各位
Hello, Mrs. Matuschek.
你好 马朵查克太太
Yes, this is Pepi speaking.
是的 我是派比·卡托那
That’s right.
没错
I didn’t bring you that bottle of perfume?
我没有替你去拿香水吗?
Well, you’re never going to get it! What do you think of that?
你永远也等不到了 怎么样?
Your perfume days are over, Mrs. M!
你用香水的日子已经过去了 马太太
Yes! This is Pepi speaking.
是的 我是派比 没错
You want to speak to Mr. Matuschek? That’s too bad.
你想找马朵查克先生听电♥话♥ 那真是太糟了
At the moment he’s up in a balloon with two blondes.
他现在跟两位金发美女搭上热气球了
Now watch this.
你们听着
You wouldn’t like to speak by any chance to Mr. Vadas?
你不会想找华达许先生吧?
That got her. Draw your own conclusions.
正中她的弱点 随你们想吧
You sent for me, chief?
你找我吗 老板?
Vadas, I’m a little worried about you.
华达许 我有点担心你
Will you be comfortable under a former, fellow clerk?
你在前任柜员手下工作 会不会不舒服?
Working under a younger man?
替比你年轻的人工作?
Kralik, this is the age of youth, and I always ride with the times.
克拉里克 这是年轻人的时代 而且我很跟得上时代
You’re a smart young man and my hat’s off to you.
你是个聪明的年轻人 我要向你致敬
Let’s stop beating around the bush. You and I never got along.
好了 我们别再东拉西扯 你和我根本处不来
You really think so? Admit it. You don’t like me.
你真的这么想? 承认吧 你根本不喜欢我
I don’t? Wait a minute, Kralik. You are the boss.
我不… 等一下 克拉里克
That’s right, but I’m not going to be a “yes” man.
虽然你现在是老板 但我可不想当应声虫
You know what I’ll do? I’m going to contradict you.
你知道我要怎么做吗? 我要反驳你
I do like you!
我很喜欢你
Anything else bothering you? Yes. I don’t like you.
还有什么让你困扰吗? 有 我不喜欢你
That’s every man’s privilege. I thank you for being so frank.
那是个人♥权♥力 感谢你的坦诚
Now I know my problem, and it’s up to me to change your mind.
至少我知道问题何在 我会改变你的看法
I don’t think it’ll be so hard.
而且我认为那并不难
I heard the funniest joke. Do you want to hear it?
克拉里克 昨晚我听到一个最好笑的笑话 你想听吗?
No!
不想
Hello!
你好
Yes, this is Matuschek and Company.
这是马朵查克公♥司♥
Johanna?
哪一位? 乔安娜?
You’re calling for Miss Novak.
你替诺瓦克小姐打的电♥话♥
What’s the matter with her? I hope it’s nothing serious.
她怎么了? 希望不是很严重
Fine, I’m glad to hear that. Tell her not to worry.
很好 我很高兴听到你这么说好 叫她别担心
Unless she’s absolutely all right, tell her not to come today.
如果她不舒服 就让她今天别来
No, there’s no hurry now.
不 一点都不急
Tell her to be sure and take good care of herself. All right.
叫她好好照顾自己
Really, Kralik, that’s a wonderful attitude. What’s so wonderful about it?
克拉里克 那真是很好的态度 这有什么好的?
I’ve been around, and I have my eyes open.
因为我一直在这里观察
If anyone didn’t agree with you here, it was Miss Novak.
如果店里有人反对你 一定是诺瓦克小姐
Just leave Miss Novak out of this.
别把诺瓦克小姐扯进来
Don’t misunderstand. I have nothing against Miss Novak.
好 好 别误会我 我对诺瓦克小姐没意见
On the contrary, she’s a nice girl. Only sometimes, she went too far.
反而认为她是个好女孩 只是她偶尔会有点过份 你不这么认为吗?
Not another word about Miss Novak. She’s a fine girl and a hard worker…
好了 华达许 我们别再谈诺瓦克小姐 她是位好女孩而且工作很努力
…and she’s a good salesgirl, and you shut up!
她是个优秀的售货小姐 所以请你闭嘴
You misunderstand me. I didn’t mean any offense.
但是你误会我了 我并不想冒犯
I was agreeing with you. I don’t want you to agree with me!
其实我是在赞同你 我不要你赞同我
You’re fired.
你被开除了
Oh, so I’m fired?
我被开除了?
You’re fired. Get out of here, you two-faced, double-crossing…
你被开除了 滚出去 你这个表里不一 骗人的偷♥情♥汉
…two-timer! Go on. Get out of here!
快点给我滚出去
Folks! Folks!
各位 各位
Folks!
各位
Did you hear what he called me? Remember it on the witness stand.
你们听到他骂我什么了吗? 我要你们记住 尤其是上证人席时
He called me a double-crossing two-timer!
他骂我是骗人的偷♥情♥汉
A double-crossing two-timer!
骗人的偷♥情♥汉
I told you to get out of here! Get out!
够了!我叫你滚出去!快滚
Don’t you push. Don’t you push!
你别推我 别推我
What right have you got to fire me? Does Mr. Matuschek know?
谁给你权力开除我? 马朵查克先生知道这事吗?
No! Mr. Matuschek doesn’t know anything about this.
不知道 你想怎样? 马朵查克先生完全不知情
I’m the manager, and you don’t work here anymore!
我现在是店经理 而你不再在这里工作了
How do I know you’re the manager? Prove it to me in black and white.
你是经理? 我怎么能确定你是? 任何人都能这么说 证明给我看 白纸黑字的证明给我看
You want black and white? Yes.
你要白纸黑字? 没错
You’re going to get it in black and blue.
好吧 我就送给你一身乌青
All right! Nice little case of assault and battery.
很好 打得可真好
You’ll hear from my lawyer. What about my salary?
我的律师会来找你 我的薪水呢?
Get the man’s salary.
把这人的薪水拿来
Here it is, Mr. Vadas. We have everything prepared.
在这里 华达许先生 一切都准备好了
We don’t want to waste any time. Pardon me, sir. Your garments.
我们不想浪费时间 对不起 先生 你的外套
You…
你…
I’m entitled to a letter of reference.
我应该有一封推荐信
I forgot it. Flora, take a letter.
我忘了 弗萝拉 速记一封信
To whom it may concern: Mr. Vadas has been in the employ…
敬启者 华达许先生在马朵查克公♥司♥工作两年
…of Matuschek and Company for two years during which time he’s been efficient…
两年来他是个非常有效率的
…as a stool pigeon, a troublemaker, and a rat.
告密者 生事者和奸细
If he doesn’t clear out, he’ll get a punch in the nose.
再不滚 他的鼻子可能挨揍
Truly, Alfred Kralik, Manager of Matuschek and Company.
诚挚的马朵查克公♥司♥经理 艾佛列·克拉里克敬上
Good morning. Good morning, Miss Novak.
早安 早 诺瓦克小姐
I suppose you’re surprised to see me back.
我想你看到我回来一定很惊讶
Naturally. I’m glad you have your job back again. I congratulate you.
我很高兴你找回工作 恭喜你
I hear you haven’t been feeling well.
听说你不太舒服
That’s all right, thank you. I wanted to see Mr. Matuschek.
没事了 谢谢 我想见马朵查克先生
Here he is. I’m Mr. Matuschek.
他就在这里 我就是马朵查克先生
Mr. Kralik, don’t make any jokes. Not today.
克拉里克先生 今天别开玩笑
Please, if you want to pick on me, do it some other time.
求你 如果你想挑我毛病 下次吧
I don’t know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
I’m trying to tell you that Mr. Matuschek isn’t here, and that I’m the manager.
我只想说马朵查克先生不在 而我就是经理
Haven’t you got any heart at all? I’m not well, I can hardly see straight.
难道你没听见吗? 你看不出来我不舒服吗? 我连路都看不清
Everything is just going round and round.
这房♥间… 一切都天旋地转
I ask you a simple question and instead of any consideration, you try to frighten me.
在这种状况下 我只问了你一个简单问题 你却完全不为我设想 只是一味地想吓我
Excuse me.
对不起
Hello.
喂
Mr. Foeldes?
富德斯先生吗?
Hello, Mr. Foeldes.
你好 富德斯先生
Yes. Well, thank you very much.
是的 很感谢你
Yes, it all happened this morning.
是的 是今天早上的事
That’s right, Mr. Foeldes.
没错 富德斯先生
No, Mr. Matuschek won’t be with us for a while.
不 马朵查克先生这阵子都不会来
Now, please, Mr. Foeldes. I don’t own the shop yet.
谢谢你 富德斯先生 店铺还不是我的
I’m only the manager.
我只是经理
Goodbye, Mr…
是的 再见 富…
Miss Novak! Klara! Klara!
诺瓦克小姐 克拉娜 克拉娜 诺瓦克小姐
Good evening, Miss Novak. Good evening, Mr. Kralik.
晚上好 诺瓦克小姐 晚上好 克拉里克先生
I hope you’ll forgive this intrusion, but I…
希望你原谅我的打扰 但我…
Being in charge of the shop, I feel like a father to our little family.
既然现在店铺由我管理 我等于是这个小家庭的父亲
Anyway, how are you, young lady?
话说回来 你还好吧 小女孩?
I’ll be all right, Mr. Kralik. Please sit down.
我会没事的 克拉里克先生 请坐
Thank you.
谢谢
Christmas is coming, and we’ll miss a good worker like you in the shop.
圣诞节就快到了 店里很需要像你这种好人手
So you better get well.
所以你一定要赶快好起来
I’ll be all right in a day or two.
我应该一 两天就会好
That doesn’t mean that you should neglect yourself.
但这不表示你该疏忽自己
I’m very serious about this…
我是很认真的
…because I feel responsible for the whole thing.
因为我… 我认为自己对整件事都有责任
You? Yes.
你吗? 是的 我…
Oh, no, Mr. Kralik. I think I can relieve your mind.
不 克拉里克先生 我想我可以让你释怀