Yes, thank you. Two dozen unsold cigarette boxes.
知道 谢谢你 那两打还没卖♥♥完的烟盒
No, no. Wrong again.
不 又猜错了
It reminds me of a girl out of a job.
它让我想起一个失业的女孩
A very nice girl, too, I thought. You thought that. How you can lie!
我认为她是位好女孩 你那么认为吗? 你真会说谎
But that was before you started to make fun of me…
当然 那是你在更衣室里
…and giving imitations of me in the locker room.
模仿我并取笑我之前的事
And I’d like to take this opportunity, Miss Novak…
诺瓦克小姐 我想借这个机会告诉你
…to inform you that I don’t walk like a duck…
我走路不像鸭子
…and I’m not bowlegged.
也不是罗圈腿
Aren’t you? No, I’m not.
你不是吗? 不 我不是
Well, I have information to the contrary.
我得到的消息正好相反
Mr. Vadas assured me that you have your trousers specially made.
华达许先生告诉我 你的裤子都是特制的
That’s a lie!
那是谎话
So that’s the kind of a man you trust. No!
华达许先生 你相信他那种人? 不
I’ve never been to a tailor in my life.
拜托 我这辈子没找过裁缝师
If you think I’m bowlegged, I’ll pull up my trousers. Please, Mr. Kralik.
如果你以为我是罗圈腿 我可以到走廊上把裤脚拉起来 拜托 克拉里克先生
Would you like it if made remarks about your red hands?
如果我批评你那双赤红的手 你会作何感想?
That’s what you did. After you started making fun of my legs.
你就是一直这样 不 是你先取笑我的腿
My hands aren’t red at all!
我的手根本就不红
No, after I called your attention to them.
没错 至少我让你注意到它们了
Let me tell you something, Miss Novak.
我告诉你 诺瓦克小姐
You may have beautiful thoughts, but you hide them.
或许你有非常美丽的思想 但却把它们藏了起来
As far as your actions, you’re cold and snippy like an old maid.
而且你的行为表现像是个性情冷酷脾气暴躁的老处♥女♥
You’ll have a tough time getting a man to fall in love with you.
绝对不可能有男人会爱上你
An old maid? So, no man could fall in love with me?
我是老处♥女♥又如何? 没有男人会爱上我?
Mr. Kralik, you’re getting funnier every minute.
克拉里克先生 你真是愈来愈滑稽
I could show you letters that would open your eyes.
我有一些信会让你大开眼界
No, you probably wouldn’t understand what’s in them.
不 我想还是不要 你可能根本不懂其中的涵义
They’re written by a type of man so far superior to you it isn’t even funny.
那是一位比你杰出的男士所写的 而且一点都不滑稽
I have to laugh when I think of you calling me an old maid.
想到你叫我老处♥女♥ 我就非要大笑不可
You little insignificant clerk.
你这个低微的售货员
Goodbye, Miss Novak. Goodbye, Mr. Kralik.
再见 诺瓦克小姐 再见 克拉里克先生
Doctor, I would say it’s a nervous breakdown.
医生 我想他一定是精神崩溃
What do you think?
你认为呢?
It appears to be an acute epileptoid manifestation…
应该是剧烈癫痫
…and a pan phobic melancholiac with indication of a neurasthenia cordus.
加上忧郁症 还有心脏无力的征兆
Is that more expensive than a nervous breakdown?
那会比精神崩溃更昂贵吗?
Pardon me, Mr. Katona.
对不起 卡托那先生
Precisely what position do you hold with Matuschek and Company?
你在马朵查克公♥司♥担任什么职位?
I would describe myself as a contact man.
应该说我是个联络人
I keep contact between Matuschek and the customers…
我是马朵查克公♥司♥与顾客之间的联♥系♥纽带
…on a bicycle.
通过骑脚踏车的方式
Do you mean, an errand boy?
你是说你是跑腿的小差?
Doctor, did I call you a pill-peddler?
医生 我说过你是卖♥♥药的吗?
Hello, Mr. Kralik. How is he?
克拉里克先生 他怎么样了?
I want to thank you for your splendid reaction to my call.
谢谢你马上回应了我的电♥话♥ 我就知道你不会让我们失望
Is it serious? It was a terrible shock.
很严重吗? 真的是太吓人了
I have to get over it.
我还是会克服它
This thing must be kept in strict confidence between the three of us.
这整件事都要保密 我在电♥话♥上告诉你的
Me, Mr. Matuschek, and you. Here.
只有我和马朵查克先生以及你知道
Thank you for coming, Kralik.
谢谢你能来 克拉里克 谢谢
Sit down.
请坐
Do you remember the last time you came to my house for dinner?
你还记得上次你到我家吃饭吗?
I said that if things go well, I might take it easier…
我说如果一切顺利 我希望能够轻松一点
…and maybe by Christmas make you manager of the shop.
在圣诞前我会升你为店经理
Now I have to take it easier.
现在我必须轻松一点了
Would you care to work for me again?
你愿意再为我工作吗? 在我…
No, don’t even think about it, sir.
先生 别再去想那件事了
Is it possible that I ever distrusted you?
我怎么会怀疑你?
I hated you.
我讨厌你
I couldn’t stand your presence any more.
受不了你在我面前
That’s how far jealousy can drive a man.
是嫉妒让男人疯狂
But that’s all over now, sir.
现在一切都过去了 先生
When I first got that anonymous letter, I laughed.
刚接到匿名信时 我一笑置之
My wife having secret rendezvous with one of my employees.
我… 我太太跟我的员工私会
My Wife!
我的太太 这…
But how could you suspect me, sir?
但你怎么会怀疑我呢 先生?
You see, you were the only one of my employees who had been to my home…
因为员工中只有你去过我家
…and you sent my wife flowers But that was
你还送我太太花 但那只是…
You don’t have to tell me.
你用不着再说了
When that poison gets into a man’s mind…
我… 当毒素侵入男人的心灵…
Just try to understand. I do understand, sir.
请你试着了解 我真的了解 先生
Yeah.
很好
Here are the keys to Matuschek and Company.
这是马朵查克公♥司♥的钥匙
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
What shall I do about Mr…
我… 我该如何处置…
Vadas? I want him dismissed as quietly as possible.
华达许吗? 我希望尽快解雇他
No scandal.
不要闹出丑闻
Don’t even mention the subject to him. We won’t lower ourselves.
也别跟他提这件事 我们不能自贬身份
Very good, sir.
是的 先生
This will be the biggest Christmas in the history…
这将是马朵查克公♥司♥有史以来
…of Matuschek and Company.
最盛大的圣诞节
I know it will. Yes, sir. Goodbye.
我知道一定会的 是的 先生 再见
Kralik? Yes, sir?
对了 克拉里克 什么事 先生?
Now that you’re the boss, if you want to give yourself a raise…
现在你是老板了 如果你想帮自己加薪…
I’ll talk it over with myself, and if I don’t want too much money…
先生 我会自己考虑 如果涨幅不是很高
…I’ll give it to myself. Thank you, sir!
我会自己加薪的 谢谢你 先生
Congratulations! Thank you!
恭喜 谢谢
Goodbye, Mr. Matuschek.
再见 马朵查克先生
Pepi, I don’t know how to thank you. You saved my life.
派比 我不知该如何感谢你 你救了我的命
Don’t mention it. It was a pleasure.
别再说了 那是我的荣幸
If you want anything else, you know where to reach me.
如果你还有任何需要 你知道我会在哪里
I’m still nothing but an errand boy at Matuschek and Company.
我仍然是马朵查克公♥司♥的跑腿小差
In other words, you’d like to be a clerk?
你的意思是 你想做柜员?
I wouldn’t put it that brutally.
我不会讲得这么直接
When I get feeling better… But then you might change your mind.
等我好一点… 但到时你可能会改变心意
Who knows how long you’ll have to stay here.
而且谁知道你要在这里待多久
You’re a pretty sick man, Mr. Matuschek. This isn’t just an ordinary breakdown.
你病的很重 马朵查克先生 你不是普通的精神崩溃
All right, you’re a clerk. Now, get out of here!
好吧 就升你为柜员 快点走 离开这里
Thanks, Mr. Matuschek!
谢谢你 马朵查克先生
Kralik, I think I speak for all of us when I say heartiest congratulations.
亲爱的克拉里克 我代表大家衷心恭喜你
What a load off my mind. Now we’re all one little happy family again.
这真让我放下心中重担 现在我们又是快乐的一家人
That’s right.
没错
Be assured of my cooperation to the fullest extent.
克拉里克 我向你保证 我一定会完全配合
I want you to be a great success.
希望你能非常成功
From now on, you’re going to the office, aren’t you?
对了 现在办公室归你用吧?
That’s right.
没错
If anybody deserves it, it’s you, my boy.
只有你才有资格用它
Nice little ring, isn’t it?
很漂亮的戒指吧?
I had a little luck last night, too. Real diamond.
我昨晚的运气也很好 这是真钻石
My grandma gave it to me.
是我祖母送我的
That’s what you get when you’re a good boy.
只要做个乖孩子就会有所得
Some get apples, I get diamonds.
有些男孩得到红苹果 而我得到钻石
Good one? Yeah.
很棒吧? 是的
By the way, I have some unusual ideas for that window display.
对了 克拉里克 我对新布置有特别的点子 我认为…
Thank you, Vadas. The rest of us can take care of the windows.
谢谢你 华达许 我想其他人会布置橱窗
Right now, I’d like you to go into the stockroom…
现在我要你到贮存室去
…and you know those big suitcases on the top shelf?
你知道顶层那些大皮箱吗?
The black ones? That’s right, and the big brown suitcases.
知道 那些黑色的皮箱? 没错 还有那些棕色的大皮箱
On the bottom shelf? On the bottom.
在底层的那些吗? 是在底层 没错
I want you to take all the big black suitcases from the top shelf…
现在听仔细了
…and move them to the bottom, and the big brown ones…
我要你把顶层黑色皮箱移到底层
…from the bottom shelf and move them to the top shelf. But, Kralik…
再把棕色皮箱从底层移到顶层 但是克拉里克…
You don’t want to do it? I didn’t say that. Of course I’ll do it.
你不想做吗? 我没有说 我当然会做
I’m a good soldier.
我是听话的士兵
All right, do it right away. Yes, sir.
那么就马上去做 是的 先生
Thank you.
谢谢 不客气
312-683, please.
请接312-683
Is this the Atlas Employment Agency?
亚特拉斯职业介绍所吗?
This is Mr. Katona of Matuschek and Company speaking.
我是马朵查克公♥司♥的卡托那先生