I don’t like to break in on your lunch hour.
我不想占用你的午餐时间 但
It’s perfectly all right. it’ll be a pleasure.
没有关系 马朵查克先生 那是我的荣幸
Thank you, Mr. Vadas. Not at all.
谢谢你 华达许先生 不客气
Mr. Kralik…
克拉里克先生
…will you come to my office. I’d like to talk to you.
请到我办公室 我有事要跟你说
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Mr. Kralik…
克拉里克先生
…I’ve been thinking all day about what you said this morning.
我一直在想你早上说的话
I’m sorry, Mr. Matuschek. I’m afraid I lost my temper.
对不起 马朵查克先生 我有点失控了
No, I think you were right.
不 我认为你说得对
I really believe that you’d be happier somewhere else.
我真的认为你到别处工作会更愉快
Do you think so, sir?
你这么认为吗 先生?
Yes, I’m sure of it.
是的 我很确定
I guess there’s nothing more to be said.
那么我也没有别的话好说了
No. Let me see.
没错 让我想想
You’re naturally entitled to a month’s pay.
你应该拿到一个月的遣散费
That’s 200 pengo.
一共是两百元
That’s right, isn’t it? Yes, sir.
对吧? 是的 先生
Will you, please, sign this receipt.
请你在收据上签名好吗?
And here’s a letter…
这里有封推荐函
…which certainly won’t handicap you in seeking employment.
绝对不会妨碍你找工作
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
I guess we might as well say goodbye.
我想我们该道别了
Goodbye, Mr. Matuschek. Goodbye.
再见 马朵查克先生 再见
Well?
怎么样?
What happened?
发生什么事了?
“To whom it may concern:
“敬启者
“I wish to state that Mr. Alfred Kralik leaves my employ of his own accord.
“我希望先声明 艾佛列·克拉里克先生 由于个人因素离开本公♥司♥
“Mr. Kralik started with Matuschek and Company nine years ago as an apprentice.
“九年前 克拉里克先生在马朵查克公♥司♥担任学徒
“With diligence, he advanced to the position of clerk.
“由于他的勤劳 终于升成柜员
“For the last five years, he has been our first salesman.
“过去五年来 他一直是本公♥司♥首席售货员
“We have found him reliable, efficient, resourceful.
“本公♥司♥认为他很可靠 有效率且富有才智
“We can recommend him without reserve.
“本公♥司♥全力推荐他
“He carries with him our best wishes for his success in his future career.
“并诚挚地希望 未来他能在事业上有番成就
“Hugo Matuschek.”
“雨果·马朵查克敬上”
Kralik, I still can’t believe it. There’s no reason.
克拉里克 我还是不相信 这完全没道理
The boss doesn’t have to give you a reason.
听着 老板用不着跟你讲道理
That’s one of the wonderful things about being boss.
当老板就是这么好
Well, I wanted to get off tonight.
我只是今晚想请假
I got off all right.
却变成以后每晚都休息
Kralik, you’re not going? No, I couldn’t face her tonight.
克拉里克 你不去了吗? 不去 我今晚无法面对她
This morning I had a position, a future.
今天早上我还有工作 有未来
Now…
但现在…
I’m afraid I sort of exaggerated in my letters.
你知道吗? 我在信里头可能太夸张了
I showed off a little, and she’s expecting to meet a pretty important man.
让她以为会见到一位重要人士
I’m in no mood to act important tonight.
但我今晚没有心情扮演重要人士
Well, I…
我… 我…
My dear Kralik, I think I speak for all of us, when I say this is a shock and a surprise.
亲爱的克拉里克 我是替大家发言 我觉得这实在既震惊又意外
We all feel we are losing a splendid fellow worker…
大家都认为失去一位杰出伙伴
…and we certainly wish you the luck which you so rightfully deserve.
我们衷心的祝福你能适得其所
Now, Kralik, we are going to see each other soon.
克拉里克 我们很快就会见面
If you have an evening with nothing to do, you know where we live.
如果哪天你晚上没事做 你知道我们住在哪里
All right, Pirovitch. Goodbye. Goodbye, Kralik.
好的 皮洛维奇 再见 再见 克拉里克
Ilona, I’m going to miss you.
依洛娜 我会想念你的
I don’t understand.
我… 我不明白
It’s nothing unusual. It happens every day. Somebody gets fired and…
这不算什么 每天都会有人被开除
Goodbye, Ilona. Goodbye, Mr. Kralik.
再见了 依洛娜 再见 克拉里克先生
Flora.
弗萝拉
Flora, you’ll notice when you look through my sales book…
弗萝拉 你在查对销♥售♥纪录时 会发现我把第五项删掉了
…I canceled slip number five, but I deducted it from the total.
我从总数里把它扣除了 明白了吗?
Goodbye.
再见
If I had anything to do with you not getting the evening off, I’m sorry.
诺瓦克小姐 如果我害你今晚不能休假 真的很抱歉
It’s my fault that you got into this trouble. Believe me, I’m sorry, too.
都是我的错 才会害你惹上麻烦的 请相信我 我也很抱歉
That’s all right.
没有关系
It’s true we didn’t get along. No.
我们相处得不好是事实 不
I guess we fought a lot, but losing a job at a time like this…
我想我们是经常斗嘴 但你一定不会希望
…is something you don’t wish On your worst enemy.
在这种时候失业 输给你最讨厌的敌人
I didn’t say that, Mr. Kralik. Let’s not quarrel anymore.
我没那么说 克拉里克先生 我们就别再吵了吧
Goodbye. Goodbye, Mr. Kralik.
再见 再见 克拉里克先生
Yes?
哪位?
Well?
怎么样?
Oh, you have.
查到了吗?
How soon can you come over here?
你能多快赶过来?
Yes, well, come right away. I’ll… Right.
是的 请马上来 我会的
I’ll be waiting here.
是的 我会在这里等
You may all go home. We’ll finish the windows tomorrow.
你们都可以回家了 我们明天再布置橱窗
Excuse me. Good night. Good night.
对不起 晚安 晚安
Hello. Is this Mrs. Hojas?
请问是霍亚斯太太吗?
This is Mr. Pirovitch, Mr. Kralik’s friend.
我是克拉里克先生的朋友 皮洛维奇先生
Yes, I know he isn’t there yet. Will you, please, tell him when he comes…
是的 我知道他还没到 他到时请你告诉他
…that we are not working tonight, and I am coming over.
我们今晚没加班 所以我会过去
Yes. Thank you.
是的 谢谢
I hope you don’t mind, Mr. Matuschek.
希望你不介意 马朵查克先生
He probably feels pretty low tonight, and I thought…
我想他今晚可能心情很不好
You don’t have to explain. What you do after working hours is your own business.
你不用解释 下班后想干嘛是你自己的事
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
You haven’t changed your mind, by any chance, Mr. Matuschek?
你是否可能改变心意呢? 马朵查克先生
You’ve got the evening off, haven’t you? Well, go home.
你今晚休假了 不是吗? 回家去吧
He is the best man you had. Why did you let him go?
他是你最杰出的员工 你为什么要开除他?
I warn you, Mr. Pirovitch.
我警告你 皮洛维奇先生
His whole life he lived in this shop. He was almost like a son to you.
他的整个生活重心就是这家店 他几乎就像你儿子一样
And you were so proud of him.
你原来也很以他为傲
You invited him to your home again and again.
甚至还一再邀请他去你家
Mr. Pirovitch, you want to keep your job, don’t you?
皮洛维奇先生 你还想保住工作吧?
Yes, Mr. Matuschek. I have a family.
是的 马朵查克先生 我要养家
Two children.
有两个小孩
In that case, mind your own business and go home.
既然如此 就少管闲事 回家吧
Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
是的 马朵查克先生
Good night. Good night.
晚安 马朵查克先生 晚安 马朵查克先生
Good night.
晚安
Good night, Mr. Matuschek. Good night, Vadas.
晚安 马朵查克先生 晚安 华达许
I beg your pardon.
对不起 马朵查克先生
I’m not quite certain if I delivered Mrs. Matuschek’s message.
我不确定是否把太太的话传达给你了 你派我送钱去给她时
She told me to remind you to call her if you don’t work tonight.
她要我提醒你 如果你晚上改变主意不加班 要记得打电♥话♥给她
Yes, you told me, Vadas.
你告诉过我了 华达许
Mr. Matuschek, the last time I had the pleasure to be at your apartment…
马朵查克先生 上次我有幸能去你家是在几个月之前
…was several months ago when you sent me after your briefcase.
你派我去拿手提箱 你还记得吗?
Today I had a chance to get a glimpse of your new dining room set.
今天我有机会欣赏到你家餐厅的新摆设
It’s exquisite, really.
真的是太精致了
I can imagine what it’ll look like with all the lights on at a dinner party.
我能想像它在晚宴灯光下所呈现出的样貌
It must be simply stunning. Thank you, Vadas.
肯定会非常炫丽 谢谢你 华达许
Good night, Mr. Matuschek. Good night, Vadas.
晚安 马朵查克先生 晚安 华达许
Good evening, Mr. Matuschek. Good evening.
晚上好 马朵查克先生 晚上好
Please.
请进
So it’s true? I’m afraid so, Mr. Matuschek.
所以那是真的了? 恐怕是这样 马朵查克先生
Here we have a complete record from our operatives…
本公♥司♥最可靠的两位侦探
…two of our most reliable men.
已掌握完整纪录
“Report on Mrs. Emma Matuschek.
“艾玛·马朵查克太太的行踪报告
“On December 6, Mrs. Matuschek left her residence on Vales Street, 23…
“12月6日 马朵查克太太离开维尔斯街23号♥住所
“…at 8:45 p.m.
“时间是晚上8点45分
“She walked two blocks up to Karto Street where she engaged a taxi.
“她走到卡多街叫了一辆计程车
“At 9:03, the taxi stopped at the corner of Trantor and Bralter Streets.
“9点3分 计程车停在川特街与布莱特街口
“There, Mrs. Matuschek was joined by a young man.”
“马朵查克太太在那里跟一位年轻男士碰面”
Mr. Matuschek, your suspicion was right. It was one of your employees.
马朵查克先生 你的怀疑是对的 他是你的员工 没错
Both our operatives identified him later as Mr. Vadas.
本公♥司♥两位侦探后来确认 他就是华达许先生
Vadas? Yes.
华达许? 是的
Ferencz Vadas. Danube Place, 56.
福蓝兹·华达许 多瑙河广场56号♥
There is such a man in your employ, isn’t there?
你有这一名员工吧?
Yes, yes.
是的 是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!