No, I didn’t mean it that way at all.
我不是故意的 克拉里克先生
Regardless of what I think of you…
姑且不论我对你个人的观感
…I believe that anybody who works with you…
如果有人无法从与你共事中有所获得
…and doesn’t get a great deal out of it, is just plain dumb.
那真是太笨了
Just what do you mean? What do you think of me personally?
你在说什么? 你对我个人有什么看法?
I mean, since you ask…
我是说 既然你问起
…no matter what anybody else says, I think you’re a gentleman.
不论别人怎么批评你 我都认为你是位绅士
I try to be.
我很努力想这么做
And, Mr. Kralik.
还有 克拉里克先生
You have no idea what that means to a working girl.
你不知道那对职业妇女有多重要
What a girl goes through in some shops.
女孩们在某些店必须承受更多痛苦
Take for instance when I was with Foeldes Brothers & Sons.
就拿我在弗德斯父子公♥司♥为例
The sons were all right, but the brothers, Mr. Kralik…
那些儿子们还算好 但是那些兄弟们…
That’s why I like it here so much.
所以我才会这么喜欢这里
When you say, “Miss Novak, let’s go in the back to put bags on the shelf”…
当你说”诺瓦克小姐 我们把袋子放到贮藏室的架子上”时
…you really want to put some bags on the shelf.
你是真的要把袋子放上架
And that’s my idea of gentleman.
这就是我所谓的绅士
I just don’t believe in mixing bags with pleasure.
我不会把袋子跟玩乐混为一谈
Mr. Kralik.
克拉里克先生
Yes, Miss Novak? About that blouse
什么事 诺瓦克小姐? 关于那件衬衫 我…
I’m sorry, but I had to do that. I want to thank you. I’m glad you did it.
很抱歉 但我一定得说 我是想谢谢你 我很高兴你告诉了我
After thinking it all over, you’re so right.
我在心底仔细考虑过 你是对的
That blouse was awful. Oh, no, not awful.
那件衬衫真是难看透顶 不 并没有那么难看
It was. I wouldn’t admit it at the time, but what woman would?
是很难看 我当时当然不会承认 哪个女人会承认呢?
We hate to admit we are wrong. That’s why we are so feminine.
我们都讨厌承认自己错了 所以我们才会这么女性化
This is the first time you’ve shown a little sense.
你知道吗? 这是你第一次表现出理性
Quite a change in you, Miss Novak. I know it, Mr. Kralik.
你的改变真大 诺瓦克小姐 我知道 克拉里克先生
If you keep this up, we’ll get along much better.
你只要保持这样 我想我们一定可以相处的更好
Thank you, Mr. Kralik. That’s quite all right, Miss Novak.
谢谢你 克拉里克先生 很好 诺瓦克小姐
I was planning to wear that awful blouse tonight.
我原本打算今晚穿那件衬衫
I have a date with Tonight?
我有个约会… 今晚?
Didn’t you hear what Mr. Matuschek said?
你没听到马朵查克先生的话?
We have to stay and decorate the windows.
我们得留下来重新布置橱窗
I almost forgot. Yes.
我差点就忘了 没错
Would it be possible, do you think you could spare me tonight?
有没有可能 你想今晚能否饶了我?
And then maybe Mr. Matuschek would let me off.
或许马朵查克先生会让我先走
So that’s why I’m a gentleman. That’s why you’ve learned from me now?
这就是我是绅士的原因吗? 你才会突然间跟我学了很多?
I don’t understand. You want the night off?
我不懂 克拉里克先生 你今晚不想加班?
I have to, Mr. Kralik. You’re out of luck.
我必须要走 克拉里克先生 你的运气很差
That was such an obvious trick. I almost fell for it, too.
这种把戏实在太烂了 我差一点就上了当
Please, Mr. Kralik!
拜托你 克拉里克先生
I have to get off tonight. It’s terribly important.
我今晚真的不能加班 那是非常重要的事
For the last six months, you’ve just antagonized me and–
过去六个月来 你用尽方法与我为敌 现在你竟然有胆量…
You haven’t been very nice to me either.
你对我也很不客气
Whatever I do, it’s wrong.
不论我做什么都是错了
If I wrap a package, it’s not right.
就连我包装礼品的方式都不对
If I make a suggestion, and some of them are very good…
只要我提出建议 有些是很好的建议
Here. …you don’t listen.
拿着 你根本不听
Everything has to be done exactly your way, and then you don’t like it.
一切都得照你的方式去做 然后你根本就不喜欢
When I first came into this shop, I was full of life and enthusiasm…
我刚到店里来时 充满了活力和热忱
…and now I’m nothing. You’ve taken my personality away.
现在我变得一无是处 你剥夺了我的个性
You’re a dictator, that’s what you are.
你根本就是个独♥裁♥者
Mr. Kralik, any day now I may be in a position…
我告诉你 克拉里克先生 我随时都有可能不必工作
…where I don’t have to work anymore. Then I’ll really tell you what I think.
那么克拉里克先生 到时我会把对你真正的想法告诉你
As for that blouse, I think it’s beautiful, and I’m going to wear it tonight.
至于那件衬衫 我觉得它很美 而且我打算今晚就穿
Mr. Kralik, I don’t like you.
克拉里克先生 我不喜欢你
Mr. Matuschek, may I speak to you for a moment?
马朵查克先生 我能跟你谈谈吗?
What is it?
什么事?
Do you think you could spare me tonight?
是不是有可能… 能否让我今晚不必加班?
Let me see, we need three people, to dress the “A” window.
让我想想 一个橱窗 需要三个人来布置
Mr. Kralik? Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
克拉里克先生? 是的 马朵查克先生
Can you get along without Miss Novak tonight?
今晚如果诺瓦克小姐不留下 你忙得过来吗?
Mr. Matuschek, I’d like to talk to you for a moment.
马朵查克先生 我想跟你谈谈
You want to go, too? Yes, I’d appreciate it very much
你也不想留下吗? 是的 先生 我会很感激的 如果…
What is this? Does everybody want to leave?
怎么? 大家都不想待在这里?
Is this the interest you show?
这就是你对我的店所展现的热忱吗?
Once a year, I ask you to stay here.
我一年只要求你们加班一天
I’m sorry, if I’d only known yesterday.
对不起 先生 如果我昨天知道就没问题
Oh, I see. You want a special invitation.
我懂了 你要特别邀请
Next time, I’ll send you an engraved announcement.
下次我会送给你一份石刻通告
Mr. Matuschek? Yeah?
马朵查克先生? 什么事?
I have talked everything over with Mr. Kralik. I know his ideas.
我跟克里拉克先生讨论过了 我了解他的想法
Miss Novotni and I can manage the novelty window by ourselves.
我想诺渥特尼小姐和我就可以布置出美丽的橱窗
Did I ask you for your advice?
我询问过你的意见吗?
What do you mean you talked this over?
你这话什么意思? 克拉里克先生和你讨论过了?
Who’s shop is this?
这到底是谁的店?
Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
是的 马朵查克先生
So you want the evening off, Mr. Kralik?
你今晚想请假吗? 克拉里克先生
That’s all right. I think we can manage with out you.
没有关系 我想少了你 我们还是办得到
This is the first time in years I have asked a favor.
马朵查克先生 这是这些年来 我第一次请你帮忙
If it were not very important…
如果不是因为事情很重要…
I gave you the evening. What more do you want?
晚上你就休假好了 你还想怎样?
Do you want a brass band? You’re being unjust.
难道还要有军乐队欢送你吗? 马朵查克先生 我觉得你很不公平
I’m being unjust?
我不公平?
Once a year, I ask six ladies and gentlemen…
一年就这么一次 我要求六位先生女士们
…six, mind you, when next door, a shop twice as big as mine…
请容我提醒你们 隔壁的店比我大一倍
…employs only four.
只雇用了四位员工
Good morning, madam. Is there something I can show you?
早安 太太 你想看什么东西吗?
Have you any traveling bags for men with a zipper?
你们有男士用的拉链式旅行袋吗?
We have all types of traveling bags for men with zippers.
有 太太 我们有很多种男士用的拉链式旅行袋
Thank you very much. I’m doing some window-shopping for my husband.
谢谢 我只是替我先生随便逛逛看看
He’ll be here tomorrow. I’ll be delighted to serve him, madam.
他明天就会来店里 我非常乐意接待他 太太
Thank you. Good morning. Good morning, madam.
谢谢你 再见 再见 太太
Six people who stand around here for days telling jokes…
六位先生女士们 整天站在这里聊天说笑
…and talking about the movies, while I pay the gas and the rent…
谈论电影 而我却要支付瓦斯费 房♥租
…and the light, and the taxes, and their salaries.
电费 税金 还有他们的薪水
Good morning, Matuschek and Company.
早 马朵查克公♥司♥
What?
什么?
Just a moment.
是的 请稍候
Mr. Pirovitch.
皮洛维奇先生
Yes? Mama, I called you.
是的 妈妈 我打了电♥话♥给你
We are decorating the window after closing hours…
想想看 妈妈 下班后我们要加班布置橱窗
…so we won’t have to have dinner with the Laszlos. isn’t that wonderful?
那就不用跟拉♥萨♥洛斯家吃晚饭 那不是很棒吗?
Yes, I knew you’d be glad. Goodbye, Mama.
我就知道你会很高兴 再见 妈妈
Six people I ask, one day a year, to be so kind…
我只要求这六个人
…as to redecorate a window.
一年一次重新布置橱窗
And you have the nerve, Mr. Kralik…
你竟如此大胆 克拉里克先生
…the oldest employee in the place, who should set an example.
身为最资深的员工应该以身作则
You spoke like this to me yesterday. What did I do then?
马朵查克先生 你昨天也这样 我昨天做了什么吗?
The whole week you’ve treated me like this, and without any reason.
整个星期你都这样对我 而且毫无理由
Without any reason?
毫无理由吗?
Maybe I have more reason than you think.
我的理由比你想象的更多
It’s obvious that you’re not satisfied with me.
显然你对我并不满意
You can draw your own conclusions.
你爱怎样想都行
In that case, I think there’s just one thing to do.
既然如此 只有一个办法
Perhaps we’d better call it a day.
或许我们今天就到此为止
Matuschek and Company. Yes, Mrs. Matuschek, he’s here.
马朵查克公♥司♥ 早安 是的 马朵查克太太 他在这里
Mrs. Matuschek on the telephone.
马朵查克太太来电♥话♥
Hello, Emma.
艾玛
No, I’m not coming home tonight.
不 我今晚不回家
All right.
好吧
All right, I’ll send it right over.
是的 好 我会马上送过去
Put 1,000 pengo in an envelope and have Pepi take it to Mrs. Matuschek.
把一千元装在信封里 让派比送去给马朵查克太太
Pepi is out. He has quite a few deliveries, and he won’t be back until after lunch.
派比出去了 他要送几个包裹 得等吃过午饭才会回来
Mr. Kralik and I always have lunch at Farago’s.
克拉里克先生和我通常都在发拉哥餐厅吃午饭
It’s only a few blocks from your home. We can deliver it. Right, Mr. Kralik?
那里只离你家几条街 马朵查克先生 我们可以去送 对吧 克拉里克先生?
Yes.
是的
No, thank you, Mr. Kralik.
不 谢谢你 克拉里克先生
Mr. Vadas.
华达许先生
Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
什么事 马朵查克先生?