Did you tell Mr. Matuschek that? Yes.
你告诉马朵查克先生了吗? 是的 我讲了
And what did he say?
他怎么说?
“Not to come in that blouse.”
他说”叫她别再穿那件衬衫来上班”
Tell him I won’t. I will!
告诉他 我不会了 我会告诉他的
Good morning. Good morning.
早安 早安
I caught him in time. Saves me five pengo, and that counts when you’re married.
我及时找到他了 替我省了五元 等你结婚后 那可是一大笔钱
Is this tie all right to wear to work? Quite all right.
戴这条领带来上班没问题吧? 很适合
Tell me, who is the girl?
快告诉我 那女孩是谁?
Well, you know that girl I was corresponding with?
你知道正在跟我通信的那女孩吧?
Yes, about the cultural subjects. Yeah.
知道 专门讨论文化主题 没错
Well, after a while, we got on the subject of love…
通信一段时间之后 我们讨论到”爱”
…naturally on a very cultural level.
当然是基于文化层面
What else can you do in a letter?
信上还能搞什么鬼吗?
She is the most wonderful girl in the world.
她是世上最完美的女孩
Is she pretty?
她长的美吗?
She has such ideals and such a viewpoint on things…
她很有理想 对事情很有主见
…that she’s so far above the girls you meet today, there’s no comparison.
胜过时下一般女孩 根本没人比得上她
So she is not so very pretty? Don’t say that.
所以她长得并不是很美 别这么说
I’m sorry. The main thing is that you like her.
对不起 最重要的是你喜欢她
Yeah, I hope I will. What do you mean?
是的 我希望我会 这是什么意思?
You love a girl, and you don’t know if you like her?
你爱上一个女孩 却不知道自己喜不喜欢她?
Well, that’s just the question. I haven’t met her yet.
这正是问题所在 我还没见过她
What? You haven’t met her yet? No.
什么? 你还没见过她? 没有
I keep postponing it and postponing it.
我一直把见面延后
I’m scared.
我很害怕
This girl thinks I’m the most wonderful person in the world.
这个女孩认为我是世上最完美的男人
And after all, there is a chance she might be disappointed.
但她很可能会失望
Yes, there is a chance.
没错 是有可能
On the other hand You might be disappointed, too.
没错 再说 你也可能会失望
And I don’t dare think about it.
我连想都不敢想
Pirovitch, did you ever get a bonus?
皮洛维奇 你拿过奖金吗?
Yes, once.
曾经拿过一次
Yeah, the boss hands you the envelope.
对 老板拿给你一个信封
You wonder how much is in it, and you don’t want to open it.
当时你不知道里面有多少钱 所以你不想打开
As long as the envelope’s closed, you’re a millionaire. Oh, yeah.
只要信封还封着 你就是百万富翁 没错
You keep postponing that moment and…
你不断把时间延后再延后
…you can’t postpone it forever. No.
但是你不能延到永远 没错
I’m meeting her tonight, 8:30 in a café.
我今晚就要跟她碰面 八点半 在一家咖啡厅
A red carnation? Yeah.
戴着红色康乃馨吗? 是的
Yeah.
没错
She’s using one for a bookmark in a copy of Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina.
她会把花夹在一本托尔斯泰所写的《安娜·卡列妮娜》中
I’m wearing one in my lapel.
我把花别在西装领上
I haven’t slept for days.
我已经好几天没睡了
I’m sure she’ll be beautiful.
我相信她一定长得很漂亮
Not too beautiful. What chance would a fellow like me–
可不要太美了 像我这种人有什么机会…
What do you want, a homely girl? No.
你想要哪一种女孩? 居家型? 不
You knock on wood for me.
请你为我敲木祛除楣运
Just a lovely, average girl.
我只想一个可爱的普通女孩
That’s all I want.
那样就很好
Thank you, my good man.
谢谢你 我的好兄弟
‘Morning, everybody.
大家早
Here, keep the change. Send your boy through college.
给你 我的好兄弟 不用找了 要让你儿子念大学
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
I see by the expression on your underpaid faces…
我从你那薪水不足的表情中
…you wonder where I get money.
看出来你很纳闷我哪来的钱
No, Mr. Vadas, I don’t wonder.
不 华达许先生 我没有纳闷
What do you mean? I mean, I don’t wonder.
你这话什么意思? 我只是说我并不纳闷
Good morning, Mr. Matuschek.
早安 马朵查克先生
This window looks terrible.
这个橱窗看来糟透了
There isn’t a shop on the street that doesn’t look better.
街上任何店的橱窗都比它好看
It’s a wonder we get any customers.
会有顾客上门真是奇迹
We’ll stay tonight after closing hours and redecorate it.
今晚打烊后 我们要留下来重新布置
I’ll have to get out of it some way. Klara, you haven’t got a chance.
我一定要想办法请假 克拉娜 你不会有机会的
I have an engagement tonight at 8:30. I have to go home first. I have to change.
今晚八点半我有重要约会 我必须先回家一趟去换衣服
Ilona, did you notice the blouse I wore yesterday, the green one?
依洛娜 告诉我 你注意到我昨天穿的衬衫了吗 那件绿色的?
With the light yellow dots? Yeah.
有淡黄点的那件吗? 是的
I thought it was simply stunning.
我觉得那件衣服真是美呆了
I’m so glad. I’m planning to wear it tonight.
你是说真的吗? 我好高兴 我打算今晚就穿那件衬衫
Hello? Yeah, hello, darling.
喂? 是的 亲爱的
Well, you were sleeping, and I didn’t want to disturb you.
当时你还在睡 我不想吵醒你
You came home late last night.
你昨天很晚才回家
I thought perhaps you’d like to sleep a little longer.
我以为你会想多睡一会儿
No, I’m not angry. Did you have a good time?
不 我没有生气 你玩的开心吗?
That’s all that matters, isn’t it?
那才是最重要的 不是吗?
What?
什么?
1,000 pengo?
一千元吗?
But, Emma, I don’t understand it. Only last Monday I gave you–
但是 艾玛 我真的不懂 上星期一我才给你…
No, I’m not complaining. It’s quite a bit of money.
不 我不是在抱怨 只不过那是一笔大数目
Yeah, all right. I’ll send it over as soon as possible.
是的 好吧 我会尽快送过去
Yeah, goodbye.
好的 再见
Come in.
进来
What is it? I’d like to talk to you for a moment.
有什么事? 马朵查克先生 我想跟你谈谈
Is it important? It’s important to me.
很重要吗? 对我来说很重要
Is it important to Matuschek and Company?
对马朵查克公♥司♥重要吗?
Not exactly, sir.
不尽然 先生
Well, then, I’m sorry. I’m busy. You’ll have to see me later.
那么很抱歉 我现在很忙 你必须等一下再来找我
Pardon me, sir. What is it now?
对不起 先生 现在又怎么了?
Sir, for several days your attitude toward me seems to have changed.
先生 过去几天来 你对我的态度似乎变了
Has it? Yes, Mr. Matuschek, it has.
是吗? 是的 马朵查克先生
Really, I’m completely at a loss to understand it.
我完全无法理解
After all, I do my work.
因为我仍然善尽职责
And you get paid for it?
我付你薪水了吗?
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Every month? Yes, sir.
每个月都有吗? 是的 先生
Yes, everything seems to be all right then, doesn’t it?
那么一切应该都没有问题吧?
Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
是的 马朵查克先生
Did you see him?
你见到他了吗?
I’m not going to stand for this much longer.
我不会再忍♥受这种事太久
What does that man want of me? Why does he always pick on me?
那个人到底想要我怎样? 他到底在挑剔我什么?
You are his oldest employee. That’s a fine reason.
你是他最资深的员工 那倒是个好理由
He picks on me, too. The other day he called me an idiot.
他也挑剔我 前几天他还骂我是白♥痴♥
What could I do? I said, “Yes, Mr. Matuschek, I’m an idiot.”
我能怎么回答呢? 我说 “是的 马朵查克先生 我是个白♥痴♥”
I’m no fool.
我不是笨蛋
Listen, maybe he has business worries.
听我说 或许他很担心生意
Or maybe he has some trouble with his wife.
又或许他跟太太之间发生了问题
Is that true, Pirovitch? Is he having trouble with his wife?
真的吗? 皮洛维奇 他跟他太太有问题?
I don’t know, it’s none of my business.
我不知道 那不关我的事
I’m talking to Kralik. What do you want?
我正在跟克拉里克讲话 你到底想干嘛?
I don’t know anything. Leave me alone.
我什么都不知道 请你别烦我
Kralik, don’t be impulsive, not at a time like this.
克拉里克 别太冲动 至少目前不要
Not when millions of people are out of work.
现在有几百万人失业
I can get a job anywhere. Can you? Let’s be honest.
我随便都能找到工作 是吗? 说正格的
I’ll take a chance. I’m no coward, you know. I’m not afraid.
是的 我宁可冒险 你知道我不是懦夫 我不怕
I am. I have a family. Well, I haven’t.
我怕 我有家庭 我没有
Think it over.
再考虑一下
Those were nice letters, weren’t they?
那些信很美妙 不是吗?
It’s already been paid for. Leave it downstairs at the desk.
这些已经付清 把它放在楼下柜台上
Mr. Kralik, do you think I’ll have to work tonight?
克拉里克先生 我今晚是否也要加班?
After all, I’m a child.
毕竟我还未成年
No, you don’t have to stay. Do you mean it?
不 你用不着留下来 真的吗?
I’ll straighten it out. Thanks, Mr. Kralik!
是的 我会跟马朵查克先生说 谢谢你 克拉里克先生
May I help you? No, thank you.
需要我帮忙吗 克拉里克先生? 不用了 谢谢
No trouble at all.
一点都不麻烦的
I put all the imported bags over there on the shelf. All right.
我把所有进口的手提袋都放在架子上了 很好
Is that how you wanted it? Yeah.
那是你所希望的样子吗? 是的
I’m so glad you like it.
很高兴你喜欢
I’d appreciate it if you’d tell me if there’s anything wrong.
如果你能把不对的地方告诉我 我会很感激
Since when have you become interested in my opinions?
你从何时开始在意我认为哪些地方不对啦?
I want to please you, Mr. Kralik. I’m working under you.
我想讨好你 克拉里克先生 毕竟我是你的部属
You don’t have to keep harping on that.
你用不着一再重覆这一点