From now on, I say, “yes.” Yes, Mr. Matuschek. Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
好吧 先生 从现在开始 我只说 “是” 是的 马朵查克先生 是的 马朵查克先生
Certainly, Mr. Matuschek. Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
当然 马朵查克先生 遵命 马朵查克先生
That was a nice party last night. Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
昨晚的宴会很棒吧? 是的 马朵查克先生
Yes, I had a lot of fun, didn’t you? Yes.
我很开心 你呢? 是的
I’m glad you enjoyed yourself so much.
我很高兴你也很愉快
That little poem that you wrote in Mrs. Matuschek’s guest book…
你在马朵查克太太的宾客簿上写的诗
…did you make that up yourself?
是你自己想出来的吧?
It’s sort of half and half.
一半一半
How do you mean? Half Shakespeare and half me.
一半一半? 这是什么意思? 一半莎士比亚 一半是我写的
I just changed the lines around to suit the occasion.
我改了句子以配合情境
I made that last line rhyme with Matuschek, that’s all.
让最后一句跟马朵查克同韵 如此而已
Mrs. Matuschek liked it very much. Thank you.
马朵查克太太非常欣赏 谢谢
You made a fine impression on her.
没错 你给她留下好印象
Mrs. Matuschek thinks a lot of you.
马朵查克太太很在乎你
And you know, I think a lot of Mrs. Matuschek.
而我很在乎马朵查克太太
Mr. Nlatuschek? Yes?
马朵查克先生 什么事?
I’ve found a customer for the cigarette box. What price shall I quote?
我想我找到想买♥♥烟盒的客人了 我应该出价多少?
Well, let me see.
让我想想
It costs us 2.85, and I think we get five percent…
它花了我2元85分 还打了95折
Let me take care of this, Mr. Matuschek. Yeah.
让我来处理 马朵查克先生 好的
Look, there’s no use waiting now. Believe me.
不 在这里等没有用
If there’s an opening, you’ll be the first.
相信我 只要有空缺 一定第一个录用你
Just a moment. Tell me, would you buy a box like this?
等一下 告诉我 你为什么要买♥♥这烟盒?
Mr. Matuschek, I couldn’t buy anything at the moment.
马朵查克先生 我现在什么都买♥♥不起
No, I want your opinion. Your honest opinion.
不 我只是想听你的意见 你真实的意见
Now, don’t let me influence you. I just want your opinion.
别让我影响你 我只想听你的意见
Do you like this box?
你喜欢这个烟盒吗?
Yes, I do. I think it’s lovely.
喜欢 这真的很可爱
Yes. Why?
是吗? 为什么?
Why? Yeah.
为什么? 没错
I think it’s romantic.
我觉得它很浪漫
What’s romantic about it?
它有哪一点浪漫?
Well, cigarettes and music, I don’t know.
香烟和音乐 我不知道
It makes me think of moonlight and…
它让我联想到月光
…cigarettes and music.
香烟和音乐
There’s the woman’s point of view. Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
这是女性的观点 是的 马朵查克先生
Mr. Matuschek. Yes, Miss…
马朵查克先生 是的 小姐贵姓?
Novak. Novak.
我姓诺瓦克 诺瓦克
How much are you selling it for? Let me see. 4.25.
这个你卖♥♥多少钱? 我想想看 4元25分
4.25?
4元25分?
Yes, 4.25.
是的 4元25分
That’s a bargain! That’s a real bargain!
真是便宜 太便宜了
Good morning, madam. It’s a lovely box, isn’t it?
早安 太太 这个盒子很可爱吧?
Oh, yes. it’s a candy box, isn’t it?
是的 这是个糖果盒吧?
Yes, madam, a candy box, and I should say, a very unusual one.
没错 太太 这是糖果盒 而且是非常特殊的糖果盒
May I open it for you?
要我替你打开吗?
Yes, madam. That’s Ochi Tchornya. It’s a very popular classic.
太太 正是「欧奇恰尼亚」 一首耳熟能详的古典乐
No, that would never do. Where do people get ideas like that?
不 这样不好 怎么会有人想到这种点子?
Imagine, every time you take a piece of candy…
你能想象吗? 每次打开盒子拿糖果就会听到那首歌♥
…you have to listen to that song. I couldn’t buy a thing like that. Too silly.
不 我不会买♥♥这种东西 那真是太愚蠢了
I know just what you mean, madam.
我了解你的想法 太太
Yet some customers like it for the very thing you object to.
但我们有些顾客特别喜欢你所反对的这一点
We’ve sold quite a few.
我们已经卖♥♥了好几个 尤其是卖♥♥给女士们
Really? Yes, madam.
真的吗? 是的 太太
There’s no denying that we all have a weakness for candy.
无可否认 我们都有无法抗拒糖果的弱点
I don’t mean to say anything against candy.
我说的弱点并不是要批评糖果
No, I only mean that sometimes we are inclined to overdo it a little.
我只是认为有时候我们好像太过火了些
I suppose so.
我想也是
Madam, have you any idea how many pieces of candy you eat a day?
比如说 太太 你是否想过一天吃了几块糖?
No, I never gave it a thought. That’s it!
没有 我从来没想过 正是这样
We pick up a piece of candy absent-mindedly…
我们不经心地拿糖吃
…and then we take another piece.
然后又拿一块
Before we know it, we’ve gained a few pounds.
在还没警觉到之前 已经胖了好几磅
That’s when our troubles begin. Massages, electric cabinets.
麻烦从此开始了 又是按♥摩♥ 又是进烤箱
I know it.
这我最清楚了
Now, this little box makes you candy-conscious.
现在这个小盒子 让你有糖果知觉
That’s what we designed it for.
这就是马朵查克公♥司♥当初设计它的目的
Really? Every time you open it, the little tinkling song is a message to you.
真的吗? 每次你打开它 这首歌♥就提醒你
“Too much candy, now be careful.”
“吃太多糖果了 要小心”
How much is it?
这个要多少钱?
It’s 5.50, reduced from 6.95. It’s a real bargain.
5元5角 原价为6元95分 真的很便宜
I’ll take it. Thank you, madam.
我买♥♥了 谢谢你 太太
What do you say now?
你现在怎么说?
I think people who like to smoke candy and listen to cigarettes will love it.
我认为那些抽糖果听香烟的人会喜欢
Don’t let me influence you.
不 别让我影响你
I want your opinion, your honest opinion, that’s all I want.
我要听你的意见 我只要你真正的意见
Good morning. Good morning, sir.
早安 早安 先生
‘Morning. Good morning, Kralik.
早安 早安 克拉里克
I’ve got a big dinner date tonight.
今晚我有个重要的约会
With the boss? No, he never invites me anymore.
跟老板一起吗? 不 他再也不邀请我了
How do you figure him out, anyway?
你怎么会以为是他?
I give up. it’s certainly very difficult to get along with him these days.
我放弃了 他这几天真的很难相处
He never talks to me anymore.
没错 他也不跟我讲话
I hope he’s feeling more cheerful today.
希望他今天会高兴点
He better, because I’m going to ask him for a raise.
最好是这样 因为我今天要向他要求加薪
A raise?
加薪?
Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
皮洛维奇 我能不能问你一个私人问题?
No, go ahead. It’s confidential.
问吧 这是机密
Yes, sure.
没问题
Suppose that a fellow like me wants to get married.
假设像我这种人想结婚
That’s wonderful! That’s the best thing that could happen. Who’s the girl?
真是太好了 那是你这辈子最棒的一件事 那个女孩是谁?
Wait a minute. What did I say? I said, “suppose.”
等一下 等一下 我是怎么说的? 我只是”假设”
I said, “a fellow like me.” I didn’t say me.
我说”假设像我这种人” 我并没有说是我
How much does it cost you to live, you and Mrs. Pirovitch?
你跟皮洛维奇太太的生活费要多少钱?
Leaving out the children. Why fool yourself?
小孩子不算 为什么要愚弄自己?
Well, let’s say temporarily. How much does it cost?
暂时是这样 得花多少钱?
It can be done. Yeah?
可以过得去 是吗?
Yes, and very nicely. Naturally, you can’t be extravagant.
是的 而且很舒服 当然啦 你不能太奢侈
Suppose a fellow gets an apartment with three rooms.
假设有人找了一间三房♥公♥寓♥
Dining room, bedroom, living room.
饭厅 卧室和起居室
What do you need three rooms for? You live in the bedroom.
三房♥? 你需要三房♥做什么? 只要有卧室就行了
Where do you eat? In the kitchen. You get a nice big kitchen.
你在哪吃饭? 在厨房♥ 找间又大又美的厨房♥
Where do you entertain?
那么你在哪里招待客人?
What are you, an ambassador? Who do you want to entertain?
招待? 你是谁? 大使吗? 你想招待谁?
If someone is really your friend, he comes after dinner.
如果他真是你的朋友 就会吃完晚饭再来
Oh, no.

Good morning. Good morning, Miss Novak.
早安 早安 诺瓦克小姐
How’s your wife, Mr. Pirovitch? Oh, my goodness!
你太太好吗 皮洛维奇先生? 糟了
What’s matter? I forgot to call Dr. Hegedus.
怎么回事? 我忘了打电♥话♥给海格笃斯医生
Something serious with your wife? No, she couldn’t be better.
你太太病的很严重吗? 不 她好极了
Why do you want to call him? If I don’t, he’ll come.
那你打电♥话♥找医生干嘛? 如果我不打电♥话♥ 他就会来
Excuse me, I’d better telephone him. I hope it isn’t too late.
对不起 我最好赶快通知他 希望还不会太迟
Miss Novak?
诺瓦克小姐
Yes, Mr. Kralik?
是的 克拉里克先生?
I noticed that you wore a yellow blouse with light-green dots yesterday.
我注意到你昨天穿了一件黄底绿点的衬衫
No, Mr. Kralik. As usual, you’re mistaken. It was green with light-yellow dots.
不 克拉里克先生 你还是跟平常一样弄错了 那件衬衫是绿底有淡黄点
Everybody else thought it was very becoming.
大家都觉得很适合我
I don’t remember remarking about your neckties.
我不记得批评过你的领带 请相信我 克拉里克先生
If you think I couldn’t say anything about your neckties…
如果你认为我对你的领带没意见 可以去问问华达许先生
…just ask Mr. Vadas. My blouse is none of your business.
所以别批评我的衬衫 那不关你的事
I’m sorry. Mr. Matuschek seems to think it is my business.
很抱歉 但马朵查克先生似乎认为那是我的事
Yes, that’s right. I’m working under you.
对了 我是你的部属
I’ll call you every morning and describe what I’m going to wear.
从现在开始 我每天早上会打电♥话♥向你详述我的穿着
Before I select my next wardrobe, my dressmaker will give you samples.
我添购下季新装之前 会请裁缝师先寄式样给你
Imagine you dictating what I should wear. I don’t care what you wear.
你竟然想指导我的穿着 天啊 我才不在乎你穿什么
For a circus pony, it’s all right.
如果你想看起来像匹马戏团的小马 请便
I have my own troubles without your blouse…
反正在你的衬衫出现之前
…between Matuschek and me.
我和马朵查克先生本来就有问题
I sold as much yesterday as anybody else.
听着 昨天我跟店里所有人卖♥♥出一样多的商品
For a rainy Monday three weeks before Christmas, 95.50 isn’t bad.
在圣诞节前三周下雨的星期一 能有95元5角的业绩很不错

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!